BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart for JSA claimants

+12
Pintel
mandy tori
Coconutxone
Charles1985
Georgewaste
Muppet1970
Jayne
The Catwoman
Mousecat
Jara
Absolut
DeafBloke
16 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Restart for JSA claimants - Page 8 Empty Re: Restart for JSA claimants

Post by mandy tori Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:03 am

as per restart guidence :-

Who is Eligible to be Referred to the Restart Scheme?

it states for both UC and JSA claimants

"has not previously participated on the Restart Scheme."

so no, you won't be going on restart twice.

mandy tori

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:14 pm

This is kind of an update and me sharing a recent experience.

Currently attending job clubs when signing on.  These are more or less information sessions about Universal Credit, optional courses, etc.  Basically a load of tripe, but it's so some advisors don't need to spend all day signing on JSA claimants when they go do the whole lot in an hour.  You just sit there, listen, wave your evidence at them and walk out.

I received a phone call from somebody at Restart, but not from my local office.  Basically it was somebody calling customers who had finished the Restart course asking them what they thought.  I was quite honest about my experience, but not to the point of being rude - after all they might turn what I say against me, so I was on my guard.

I told them about my experience (which I posted about here) where they tried to stitch me with job that wasn't suitable for me and I explained why, what happened and that I never even went to the interview - the caller was so shocked that they laughed then apologised for doing so, because they couldn't believe that they did that to me.  I told them that the course had made me worse, with some effects still lasting now.  They apologised and promised that they would record my feedback - whether my local office gets wind of this I don't know and frankly I don't give a hoot if they do.

I hope everybody else here is well, taking things easy and getting ready (as much as we all can do) for Christmas.  I've been busy lubing myself up for the utility bill after the recent cold snap and snow, but I take a sort of comfort knowing that I'm not the only one struggling with bills.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me and I hope that my posts have helped others in some way.  I will continue to read and post on these forums, contributing where I can.  That's the least I can do for all the help I've received from everybody else.

Take care everybody and enjoy your Christmas.

Last edited by Intincroi on Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:42 pm; edited 3 times in total

Intincroi

Absolut, scratch, The Catwoman, mandy tori, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:32 pm

Fond memories of Work Club here. Far less intense than an individual signing appointment. At least we didn't get UC propaganda sessions thrown in!

Ignatius

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:50 pm

Intincroi, your heartfelt message really resonated with me. I'm genuinely happy to hear that you're finding moments of joy despite the challenges you've faced. Your resilience is truly admirable.

Regarding the Job Club situation, I share your calm frustration. It's disheartening that these sessions, which were meant to provide personal and individual specialized help, have turned into cost-cutting activities to save time with DWP. It's clear that the government's approach falls short of the promises made, and it's disappointing that individuals like yourself are left without the support they were assured.

Moreover, the fact that Job Club is VOLUNTARY!!! and you DON'T Have to stay there!!! You don't have to just sit there and take orders and listen for an hour!!!!!!!! (did you know that)

Just ask and keep repeating,  "Is this voluntary?", next time you go in (go in early and be the first), and ask "Please sign me on now so I can leave" " get me a manager"

Watch their face and just keep repeating it.
Job club is "A GROUP INFORMATION SESSION" and "it's voluntary "
Ask again if it's voluntary " You do not have to do it. Just ask to "sign there and then." If they refuse ask????
The security to get management for you as you are being kept captive"

Obviously, I have been through this but it was many years ago. I find it strange that things have not changed. Surprised

They will persist but keep asking the question and start saying things like "Are you holding me captive as this is voluntary" and  "I need to see a manager."
Do not sit down if asked, push forward with authority and just keep asking the question or provide proof if it is the second or third time even if security is called (ignore them)

This seems to underscore a larger issue – it not only fails to provide the promised personalized assistance but also inadvertently takes potential job opportunities away from the unemployed like you and me. It's a concerning situation that deserves attention and reform. I hope there's a reevaluation of these processes to ensure everyone gets the personalized assistance they need and that job opportunities are not compromised because of cash appropriation to cronyism in politics.

Last edited by oneman on Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
oneman
oneman

scratch, Pintel, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:18 pm

mandy tori wrote:as per restart guidence :-

so no, you won't be going on restart twice.

That is fantastic mandy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Drop the links on here please. (unless I missed them Embarassed )
oneman
oneman

oneman, Pintel, mandy tori, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:41 pm

I kind of missed the restart before they threw me off it. Missing the arguments with the tosspot advisor each fornight face-to-face appointments was a classic excitement. Teaching them the benefits system even taught the manager a few extra bits. The dude himself was a clueless fucker who had never been on benefits and was barking orders at me. A second referal is not a chance for me. I have not had a single contact email or call text from the restart since September. Restart hate people that challenge them or stand up for your rights they will tend to avoid any future contact with you and park you up.

My restart office is full of non-speaking English people, which is what they are after: the most easy to manipulate and control to take on any work. They even have posters now saying Ukrainians welcome and Hong Kongers welcome easy targets of society, which is why they didn't want me back in case I speak to the new participants telling them not signing any contract paperwork and bring the scheme down. Even my last two appointments lasted barely 1 minute in and out. They wanted me gone ASAP.

Charles1985

oneman, Absolut, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:52 pm

🌞
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:03 am
by mandy tori

so no, you won't be going on restart twice. "🌠

To add to #Onemans comment,
"previously participated..." Is this all encompassing, as some have started (participated) in the Restart scheme 🚨. However, not completed the trial/ sentence. Especially with the 💰 Restart money pit, being further extended ⛈...

Pintel
Pintel

oneman, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:20 pm

Pintel wrote:🌞
Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:03 am
by mandy tori

so no, you won't be going on restart twice. "🌠

To add to #Onemans comment,
"previously participated..." Is this all encompassing, as some have started (participated) in the Restart scheme 🚨. However, not completed the trial/ sentence. Especially with the 💰 Restart money pit, being further extended ⛈...

I wouldn't put it past your work coach not doing a second referral if your first 12 months are up and you have not made progress into any paid employment; they only stop the second referral in case they exploit you for two job outcomes. I have seen post-online social media people get sent twice to the programme; they will find ways.
I cannot imagine if they made a second referral; once my name pops up on their system, everyone in the office will say no to this claimant again. I literally finished the scheme without an advisor registered to my name I was let Sat down in the waiting room some random bloke came that happened 3 times before they cancelled all my appointments.

Charles1985

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:38 pm

Ok.
I only asked Mandy Tori for some cool info that would be helpful to me. Not anybody else. Not you thanks. Thanks.
Have a sorry on me as well as well.

I've had seven referrals to restart and only done 1/2 days with one.

When they said they don't want anything more to do with me because I'M COSTING THEM MONEY!

lol, lol lol

They did this by email and a letter after.

You might hate me for being blunt and telling the truth but I never see you sheeple behind me as I used too?
oneman
oneman

Pintel, Ignatius, Coconutxone and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:48 pm

oneman wrote:Ok.
I only asked Mandy Tori for some cool info that would be helpful to me. Not anybody else. Not you thanks. Thanks.
Have a sorry on me as well as well.

I've had seven referrals to restart and only done 1/2 days with one.

When they said they don't want anything more to do with me because I'M  COSTING THEM MONEY!

lol, lol lol

They did this by email and a letter after.

You might hate me for being blunt and telling the truth but I never see you sheeple behind me as I used too?

Several referrals is madness; they will keep trying for your signed signature. If they feel like they are getting nowhere, they will call it a day sales tactics. Someone is bound to call it quits; you or the advisor they are losing time, and a sale Why would an advisor waste time on someone fighting over a signature? They could put all that time on someone else with signed contract forms. I literally remember back in the old school schemes where advisors would focus on participants needs; now they are all after money and funding.

What the fuck happened to equal rights with or without a signature you should be allowed access to their services.

Charles1985

Pintel, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:21 pm

[quote="Intincroi" I received a phone call from somebody at Restart, but not from my local office.  Basically it was somebody calling customers who had finished the Restart course asking them what they thought.  I was quite honest about my experience, but not to the point of being rude - after all they might turn what I say against me, so I was on my guard.[/quote]

I don' think I will be getting one of those calls about my time on Restart.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Ignatius, Coconutxone and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:19 pm

fordcortina1970 wrote:[quote="Intincroi" I received a phone call from somebody at Restart, but not from my local office.  Basically it was somebody calling customers who had finished the Restart course asking them what they thought.  I was quite honest about my experience, but not to the point of being rude - after all they might turn what I say against me, so I was on my guard.

I don' think I will be getting one of those calls about my time on Restart.[/quote]

Did you even get an exit review? The provider hates my guts. The provider only cherry-picks the best participants who agree with the programme. If I get the call, I will tell them to fuck off not you restart bellend again and shove that phone right up your ass. I have a higher chance winning the lottery than getting another call from the restart that a fact.

Coconutxone

Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:56 pm

Coconutxone wrote: Did you even get an exit review? The provider hates my guts. The provider only cherry-picks the best participants who agree with the programme. If I get the call, I will tell them to fuck off not you restart bellend again and shove that phone right up your ass. I have a higher chance winning the lottery than getting another call from the restart that a fact.

Nope, No exit review for me. I don't think that they will accept me on another Restart scheme because of the last one I was on. I might just be on a blacklist.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

The Catwoman, Ignatius, Coconutxone and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:21 am

oneman wrote:Intincroi, your heartfelt message really resonated with me. I'm genuinely happy to hear that you're finding moments of joy despite the challenges you've faced. Your resilience is truly admirable.

Regarding the Job Club situation, I share your calm frustration. It's disheartening that these sessions, which were meant to provide personal and individual specialized help, have turned into cost-cutting activities to save time with DWP. It's clear that the government's approach falls short of the promises made, and it's disappointing that individuals like yourself are left without the support they were assured.

Moreover, the fact that Job Club is VOLUNTARY!!! and you DON'T Have to stay there!!! You don't have to just sit there and take orders and listen for an hour!!!!!!!! (did you know that)

Just ask and keep repeating,  "Is this voluntary?", next time you go in (go in early and be the first), and ask "Please sign me on now so I can leave" " get me a manager"

Ask again if it's voluntary " You do not have to do it. Just ask to "sign there and then." If they refuse ask????

Obviously, I have been through this but it was many years ago. I find it strange that things have not changed. Surprised

They will persist but keep asking the question and start saying things like "Are you holding me captive as this is voluntary" and  "I need to see a manager."
Do not sit down if asked, push forward with authority and just keep asking the question or provide proof if it is the second or third time even if security is called (ignore them)

This seems to underscore a larger issue – it not only fails to provide the promised personalized assistance but also inadvertently takes potential job opportunities away from the unemployed like you and me. It's a concerning situation that deserves attention and reform. I hope there's a reevaluation of these processes to ensure everyone gets the personalized assistance they need and that job opportunities are not compromised because of cash appropriation to cronyism in politics.
Thanks, I wish I was as brave as you are.  Coupled with your knowledge, I expect I could make lives quite awkward for the DWP.  But right now I'm soaking up their heating for up to an hour and I'm happy to waste their time while doing so

Basically they aren't being so hard on me right now, so I'll let sleeping dogs lie.

I can't help but think they are just parking us until we go on Universal Credit, then they'll hit with the WHP course.  Then they've got us all by the balls.

fordcortina1970 wrote:I don' think I will be getting one of those calls about my time on Restart.
After my experience with Restart, I was surprised they even dared phone me - oh well, times must be hard for them!

Intincroi

Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:22 am

Don't be too hard on yourself, Intincroi. It's not about bravery, but being informed. You are as informed as everyone else on here which gives you a huge advantage when dealing with providers.

If we all get referred to the WHP we can have a big reunion thread. The WHP isn't as well funded as Restart so you may well avoid it.

A provider gets x days to register a start. In other words, x days to get your signature on a form and a copy of your CV. Yes, if you are not compliant they will likely be beastly, but only for the x days they have to get you registered. If they can't register a start for a person that is nearly always the best way of avoiding these dreadful programmes.

Ignatius

Gallazz and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:25 am

Intincroi wrote:
oneman wrote:Intincroi, your heartfelt message really resonated with me. I'm genuinely happy to hear that you're finding moments of joy despite the challenges you've faced. Your resilience is truly admirable.

Thanks, I wish I was as brave as you are.  Coupled with your knowledge, I expect I could make lives quite awkward for the DWP.  But right now I'm soaking up their heating for up to an hour and I'm happy to waste their time while doing so

Basically they aren't being so hard on me right now, so I'll let sleeping dogs lie.

I can't help but think they are just parking us until we go on Universal Credit, then they'll hit with the WHP course.  Then they've got us all by the balls.

fordcortina1970 wrote:I don' think I will be getting one of those calls about my time on Restart.
After my experience with Restart, I was surprised they even dared phone me - oh well, times must be hard for them!

In my last few meetings, the advisor was huffing and puffing, saying, Why don't you go to UC? Why stay on JSA? told will wait for the migration letter. They next said that it would be next year. Your scheme ended so much for being discreet.
I knew they wanted me up by the balls with the Universal credit work commitments.
I might send a cheeky message to my advisor once my scheme ends and say I have moved on to universal credit just to rub it in and say you cannot do shit now.

Charles1985

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:52 pm

The loophole to escape the restart, WHP, and 2nd time referral is to pick a one-day paid employment, e.g., bar, and be entitled to benefits. This is why restart so pushy for full time; they want you off the system paying NI insurance, council tax, and tax and monitor your work progress so you don't fall back onto the benefits system that is their end game. I did notice this during my time on the restart. Why would someone be this pushy, asking for more overtime to 16 hours and telling me to sign off? You do pick up on your advisor's actions and what they are thinking. The guidance on DWP does say restart people on JSA need to obtain 16 hours signed off benefits for 26 weeks before they get paid.
They might close this loophole soon; your hours must be a minimum of 16, or you will get a referral to restart to top up your hours. I'm dreading when this happens.

***Why don't these Restart advisors be more discreet? There are plenty of clues if you listen to them and take notes onboard.***

1#Twice pickup on my advisor mentioned a job interview, a fake one, and of course she would call me up forcing a restart role like what bitch I have a job interview. Can you not wait till I finish? It is a big, clear sign they want you in a restart role to monitor you and gain the job outcome payment with their own direct employer contact. If you source your own, they are scared you might not provide information; they don't get paid a single penny.

2#I had one session from JSA to UC, and they basically wanted me over to UC so they could write stupid work commitments or sanctions. The stupid prick slipped twice and mentioned sanctions during the session.

3#Another stupid clue they asked me: every appointment is getting more overtime top-up hours; now ask your employer or a manager ASAP. My work coach only asked me once; the restart asked me almost 15 times, driving me insane. I had to tell the advisor to jog on.

4#Another clue they leaked out is that they are very drugged up wanting funding money from you.I basically sourced my own adult course with the dates provided to the advisor, and the bastard sent me an email saying, Would you like to do this course? The course clashes with my adult course date. How clever is that you had this written down clearly on your system this was done on purpose and intentionally not a accident in any shape or form.

5#Another clue asked for a small job: testing the advisor out, like 10 hours cleaning to top up my working hours. The advisor said these jobs are not enough hours; we cannot offer you these only 40 hours vacancies on the system. Of course, you don't have 10 hours jobs my scheme is coming to an end; they did offered me this at the beginning of the scheme as a big clue that they wanted you to work 40 hours to gain the job outcome payment less time remaining on the scheme they only offer full time roles.

6#Keep your mouth shut at all times, e.g., in restart courses mentioned small interest in doing painting somehow the tutor told my advisor received a call the very next trying to put me forward a painting job same happen other course told the tutor my ideal location is centre of my city about 5 mile radius from my home postcode received a call about a warehousing job two days later guessing the tutor has told the location to my advisor she started looking for jobs in that location.

The restart has made me into a decent detective agent. I am starting to think they do build a personal profile on each participant that is using the programme. It seems like plenty of information is getting noted down. Even the smallest detail

Coconutxone

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:10 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/restart-scheme-provider-guidance#chapter-1-introduction-and-overview

sorry for not replying at the time, above is reference to "not restarting restart"

scroll to section 1.28

happy new year everyone!

mandy tori

oneman, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:57 pm

No worries #Mandy Tori, there's a lot of 'Word🥗 Salad' to digest in the link. Just go to the end with the glossary of terms...🤤
Pintel
Pintel

oneman and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:53 pm

Now with this Restart ending in 2026 and not 2024 i'm thinking that I may end up on it again with'in the next year or so, but the last time I was on it well lets say my time on it was one of a thorn in their side. Even if and that's a big if, that you might go on it twice even if my name comes up to go on it I don't think that they would have me back due to the last time. I have read that once you have been on Restart you can't go on it again, but you know they move the goalposts so you may end up on it again.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel and Georgewaste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:01 pm

I'd like to see Restart's faces if they saw me in the office again.  My health problems proved quite problematic for them, especially as I refused to ignore them just so they could get their bonus.

I have seen one or two advisors out in public places.  They just smile at me, nod, ask if I'm alright, then walk on - that suits me just fine, as I'm not giving them any more than what I absolutely need to.

Intincroi

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:23 pm

fordcortina1970, Intincroi ?

We hear your magical:(  complaints.

How can we help you and how can you help us?
oneman
oneman

The Catwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:24 pm

It's gone a bit quiet on this Restart thread. I'm missing your restart stories. Keep fighting them.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

oneman, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:06 am

Most of the forum regulars have probably served their time on Restart so have no new tales of horror to tell.

Also, the forum has done such an excellent job of advising posters of their rights and how to assert said rights against evil providers, so it may be not as many people need to ask for help.

Ignatius

The Catwoman and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:32 pm

Ignatius wrote:Most of the forum regulars have probably served their time on Restart so have no new tales of horror to tell.

Also, the forum has done such an excellent job of advising posters of their rights and how to assert said rights against evil providers, so it may be not as many people need to ask for help.
I just hope and pray they don't send us back to Restart again. If they intend to, I'd rather they send me now before I am forced to claim for Universal Credit, or Restart will have my life in their grubby hands.

Intincroi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8