BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart for JSA claimants

+22
Charles1985
Mousecat
Tom tiny
Kellybrown4
Leaf
David1234
bully3061
Coconutxone
oneman
Intincroi
Archangel
scratch
fordcortina1970
Ignatius
DeafBloke
The Catwoman
Topaz
jobberpw
Pintel
mandy tori
D.Appleby
Absolut
26 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Restart for JSA claimants Empty Restart for JSA claimants

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:54 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance

They've only just shoved this up online, after informing us on Tuesday that Restart is mandatory for JSA claimants.

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Restart for JSA claimants Empty Re: Restart for JSA claimants

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:01 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/chapter-2b-referral-process-and-initial-engagement-income-based-jobseekers-allowance-claimants-jsa-ib

The Jobcentre Plus work coach will issue a notification to the Potential Participant confirming that participation on the Restart Scheme is mandatory.

I'd really like to know what legislation they are using. There is no reference to it in the provider documents.
Absolut
Absolut

Coconutxone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:11 am

Mistake:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/chapter-5b-ongoing-interventions-income-based-jobseekers-allowance-claimants-jsa-ib

encourage your Participant to update their Universal Credit journal with any changes

JSA claimants don't have a UC journal. I'm sure there are going to be more mistakes due to them taking previous UC Restart documents and inserting JSA instead without care and attention. This all seems a bit rushed to me.
Absolut
Absolut

Caker and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:13 am

5.14. Where a Participant is successful in gaining employment, but the hours worked do not result in the Participant signing off JSA (IB), then you will need to continue to deliver the full Restart Scheme support offer as set out in your contract, working with your Participant until their completion of the Restart Scheme or a job outcome is achieved. Participation remains mandatory until you receive a notification to say that the Participant is no longer in receipt of JSA (IB).

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:22 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/chapter-17-funding-model-and-claim-process

Participant:
accumulates earnings that are equal to or exceed the equivalent of someone working for 16 hours per week for 26 weeks, earning the National Living Wage (NLW) (earnings threshold).

No. 2 Participants (joint claim couple) is the equivalent of 24 hours per week, not 16. They mess this up every time.

They send us onto these schemes and the provider then fails to understand that there is a "we". We need at least one of us to be working, at minimum, 24 hours at £9.50 per hour, not 16. Why is this hard to understand?

Yet again the DWP fails to include a joint claim couple in it's processes and procedures.
Absolut
Absolut

oneman, jobberpw and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:56 am

In all cases, the Jobcentre Plus work coach will have made the claimant aware that participation in the Restart Scheme is mandatory.

They say this without proving it. I will try to find out which piece of legislation they are using to mandate.

Apparently it's ok to put out a contract for tender for UC claimants only and then add other types of benefit claimants later on to the contract. I'm surprised by this as JSA is very different to UC.
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:10 pm

I can't find any mention of what happens if you are on Restart and you switch to UC. It appears that the scheme just carries on. That does not encourage me to switch to UC whatsoever. The reverse in fact.
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:52 pm

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2022/154/made

Amendments of the Jobseeker’s Allowance (Schemes for Assisting Persons to Obtain Employment) Regulations 2013

2.—(1) The Jobseeker’s Allowance (Schemes for Assisting Persons to Obtain
Employment) Regulations 2013(3) are amended as follows.

(2) In regulation 3 (schemes for assisting persons to obtain employment)—

(a)omit paragraph (Cool;

(b)after paragraph (8C) insert—

“(8D) The Restart Scheme is a scheme which provides support for a period of up to 12 months for claimants who have been unemployed for 9 months or more and reside in England and Wales.”
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:53 pm

These Regulations amend the Jobseeker’s Allowance (Schemes for Assisting Persons to Obtain Employment) Regulations 2013 (“the 2013 Regulations”). Regulation 2(2)(a) removes the Work Programme from Regulation 3 of the 2013 Regulations as this scheme no longer operates.

Regulation 2(2)(b) prescribes the Restart Scheme for the purposes of Section 17A of the Jobseekers Act 1995 which grants the power to impose on claimants in certain circumstances a requirement to participate in schemes that are designed to assist them to obtain employment. The Restart Scheme is for claimants who reside in England and Wales.

This means that persons claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) who are selected under regulation 4 of the 2013 Regulations, which enables the selection of claimants for participation in a scheme, are required to participate in the Restart Scheme. By virtue of section 19A Jobseekers Act 1995 if a claimant fails without good reason to comply with such a requirement is liable to a benefit sanction i.e. the reduction or loss of JSA for a period of several weeks.

A full impact assessment has not been produced for this instrument as no, or no significant, impact on the private, voluntary or public sectors is foreseen.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:35 am

The legislation relevant to the Restart Scheme for JSA(IB) claimants came into force on 14th March!    Sad

I missed that.

The Decision Makers' guide has not be updated.

D.Appleby

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:00 am

D.Appleby wrote:The legislation relevant to the Restart Scheme for JSA(IB) claimants came into force on 14th March!    Sad

I missed that.

The Decision Makers' guide has not be updated.

Yes, they kept that quiet eh? The day before the Restart announcement they announced re-commencing UC managed migration.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1070847/completing-the-move-to-universal-credit.pdf

Underpinning managed migration is our commitment to transitional financial protection to ensure that eligible households we move to UC do not have a lower award on UC at the point we move them if their UC entitlement is lower than their entitlement on legacy benefits.

Of the 2.6 million households remaining on legacy benefits in April 2022, should they choose to claim UC today, we estimate around 1.4 million (55%) would have a higher entitlement on UC, 300,000 would see no change and approximately 900,000 households (35%) would have a lower entitlement.

It is important to remember that once a new claim to UC is made, households cannot go back to their previous benefits. If an individual’s circumstances would mean their Universal Credit payments would be less than what they currently receive in benefits, they should wait to be moved by DWP. This is because transitional protection is only available through managed migration.

Now I don't know if it would be higher or lower, so I've been waiting for managed migration. JCP staff have been harassing me to switch to UC since last August. They then escalated their harassment in March where I was harangued for over an hour about not being on UC. It's water off a duck's back for me. I am not breaking any laws by not claiming UC.

In the end, in order to get the roach to shut up, I said that I would look at it again (with no intention of doing so). I don't need to look at it again. I will wait for managed migration and that's it. End of story.

On Tuesday this week I was asked, by this same person, if I was going to claim UC. I said no. His response was, "Right, you are being referred to Restart then." He and another minion then issued us with 2 separate legislatively out of date new style JSA CCs, a benefit we do not claim and never have.

a) NS JSA claimants can't be referred to Restart but they can be subjected to 35 hours per week job search (ie UC style rules)
b) an IB JSA claimant can't be subject to 35 hours job search etc but they can be referred to Restart.

They can't have it both ways. It's one or it's the other.

How out of date is the CC legislatively? Well, a sanction "up to 3 years" ceased to exist in November 2019 and a 3 year sanction threat appears on the CC dated 26.4.2022

Going on Restart doesn't bother me one little bit. The Restart provider Maximus also happens to be the WCA provider. Hmm. Conflict of interest much? Rolling Eyes
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:31 pm

I will post here about Restart's connection to earnings data and the info I have found.  

The Restart payment model is listed as being connected to HMRC's RTI earnings tracker. I can only go off what the DWP themselves have published in regard to how Restart providers get paid for JSA claimants who are on Restart. It's the same as for UC claimants.

3.12. Following the completion of the Initial Face to Face Meeting you must record the date of the meeting in the PRaP system, as the Start Date on the Restart Scheme. You must ensure that the start date is recorded accurately as the earnings interest data marker is set based upon this date. Please note, mistakes cannot be rectified by the PRaP support team on the PRaP system.

17.16. An employed outcome payment will be automatically paid to you when, within 547 calendar days from a Participant’s start date on the Restart Scheme (the qualifying period):
1. the Participant starts employed work, and
2. accumulates earnings that are equal to or exceed the equivalent of someone working for 16 hours per week for 26 weeks, earning the National Living Wage (NLW) (earnings threshold).

I see no way for the provider get earnings data from the DWP for an ex-JSA claimant. All the DWP can do is pass to the provider that the claimant has left JSA due to getting a job.

https://revenuebenefits.org.uk/universal-credit/guidance/entitlement-to-uc/rti-and-universal-credit/

Regulation 61 of the UC Regulations 2013, as amended, sets out how RTI information is used in UC. Regulation 61 was substantially amended in 2014 (SI 2888/2014) and again in 2020 (SI 1138/2020).

Where the employer is a ‘real time information employer’, the UC regulations direct DWP to use RTI data, received from HMRC, about a claimant’s employed earnings to adjust UC awards for each assessment period. In other words, the RTI earnings data takes precedence over any earnings information reported by the claimant in this situation.

Where the employer is not a RTI employer, the claimant must provide earnings information to DWP directly. Note that if the employer is a RTI employer, but no RTI earnings information is received by DWP in a particular assessment period, earnings are treated as nil initially. In such a case it is not clear whether DWP will ask the claimant to declare their earnings or whether any of the provisions below might apply.  

Where a working ex-JSA claimant is concerned there is no claimant for the DWP to ask anything of. The DWP would be capturing earnings data for a claimant that was no longer claiming benefits and then passing that onto a provider. There are no "provisions" for it other than via a benefit claim.  

Data is transferred from HMRC to DWP 4 times each day (around 3am the first time and 9pm the last time). The system essentially checks to see if any new RTI submissions for UC claimants have arrived with that day as the ‘payment date’ (in box 43 of the FPS submission – this may be the actual payment date or the contractual pay date, depending on how the FPS has been completed). Any late RTI submissions will also be sent over (those where the date in box 43 has already gone by).

The legislation that brought RTI into the DWP was the UC Regulations 2013. Earnings data has no bearing on any JSA claim or ex-JSA claim.  

DWP have a back office team, the RTI Dispute team, who look into discrepancies and problems with the earnings information. This team also have access to liaise with HMRC via the JMET (Jointly Managed Engagement Team) if the case requires investigation that is more detailed. This escalation route is outside the appeals process, although, in practice, it may be advisable for the claimant to ask DWP to make a formal decision in order for a mandatory reconsideration to be submitted at the same time as asking for their case to be escalated by DWP.

A discrepancy with the earnings information is the idea that Restart providers can have access to an ex-JSA claimant's future earnings data. I bet they are not even aware of it.
Absolut
Absolut

mandy tori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:04 pm

it appears to me that with restart the main objective for dwp seems to be referring legacy jsa to jump through hoops to get the claim closed thus forcing migrating to UC.

maybe the 3 month migration period the job centre threatens "is coming soon" is a bluff and their payout is migrating those whom remain resistant to volunteering to switch..

mandy tori

Absolut, Pintel, Gallazz and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:25 am

mandy tori wrote:it appears to me that with restart the main objective for dwp seems to be referring legacy jsa to jump through hoops to get the claim closed thus forcing migrating to UC.

maybe the 3 month migration period the job centre threatens "is coming soon" is a bluff and their payout is migrating those whom remain resistant to volunteering to switch..

They are rolling out the 3 month migration in 2 areas at the moment - Medway and Bolton. They commenced in May in those 2 areas and at this rate they are not going to hit their target of all JSA claimants by the end of 2024.

Claimants switching under their own steam does save the DWP time, money and effort, but what a lot of job centre staff don't know is that switching voluntarily means an entirely new claim for council tax credit, whereas under managed migration the DWP informs the council that the claimant is switching and no new claim needs to be made. That takes a lot of stress off the shoulders of more vulnerable clients. The 3 month breathing room also gives people the chance to get help with the switch. Joke centre staff have no idea what it's like having to switch from a 4 weekly rent cycle to a monthly one and the claimant has to find that shortfall from somewhere. It took them a long time to insert that 2 week run on of JSA and housing benefit to help with the transition.  

Speaking of the 2 week run on, if a JSA claim is closed via Restart or for any other reason (like getting a job), I think (I don't know) that the claimant will lose that 2 week run on if they then switch to UC. I think the claimant has to still be eligible for JSA when they make the switch to get it.
Absolut
Absolut

mandy tori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:34 pm

Info for all JSA claimants who have been given a Reg 5 (mandation) notice by their local JCP office with a start date on it:

(3) A requirement to participate in the Scheme ceases to apply to a claimant if
(a) the Secretary of State gives the claimant notice in writing that the claimant is no longer required to participate in the Scheme; or
(b) the claimant’s award of jobseeker’s allowance terminates,
whichever is earlier.

What this means is that once the DWP puts the start date of Restart on a notice the only way to change that start date is for the originator of the Reg 5 notice to inform the claimant, in writing, that they are no longer required to participate from the start date in the notice. Following that they can then issue a new notice with a new start date on it. There is no other way for them to do it. They also can't change the start date to an earlier date once a start date has been given to the claimant.

Once the SAPOE Regs have been invoked by the DWP, the provider has to abide by the start date too. That is the date they have to enter on PRaP. They can't put a future date in PRaP. They are barred from doing so.

Last edited by Absolut on Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : slight addition)
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:53 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/chapter-3-initial-meeting-and-start

The above chapter mentions both UC and JSA.

3.12. Following the completion of the Initial Face to Face Meeting you must record the date of the meeting in the PRaP system, as the Start Date on the Restart Scheme. You must ensure that the start date is recorded accurately as the earnings interest data marker is set based upon this date. Please note, mistakes cannot be rectified by the PRaP support team on the PRaP system.

3.17. If you fail to register a start this will mean that Real Time Earnings (RTE) tracking will not start promptly and this may affect the ability to receive any resulting payments.

I rang HMRC this morning about the above. I asked if HMRC would send my earnings data to the DWP after I've left benefits. The answer was no.
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:43 pm

i will upload the remaining pages of "jsa598" form today absolut, ive been trying to find any document with that number i indeed i cannot find it.
as a bonus i have another "jsa596" document that is used for referring people into the 3 way phone call meeting, will redact certain elements but that has 3 pages

on a side note. now have my 4th initial interview date :-D

mandy tori

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:34 am

The following is from the provider documents for JSA claimants:

8.10. All activities your Participant undertakes during their time on the Restart Scheme must help them prepare for or move into work – this applies to activities you agree your Participant will complete on a voluntary basis and those you mandate them to undertake.

8.11. DWP does not provide a prescriptive list of activities. You have the freedom to determine the activity you require your Participant to undertake, provided it has the clear aim of helping them prepare for or move into work.

For the above to occur on a mandated basis the provider must issue a mandatory activity notification (MAN). It cannot be sent by email. It must be handed to the claimant or posted to them. This does not include attendance appointments for some reason. On the Work Programme all meetings were backed up with a Mandatory Activity Notification, similar to a roach handing over a Work Search Review notice. Restart providers are skipping this and going straight to appointments via email. I do not agree with the DWP stating to Restart providers that they can send appointments by email to claimants without the claimant's consent and that providers can ring claimants before they've been mandated onto the scheme. The DWP doesn't send appointments by email so why are the providers so special? The DWP doesn't ring up to make appointments, so why are the providers so special? All appointments should be in writing (ie paper based) so that the claimant has a paper based record of everything the provider does.

8.35. The JSA MAN is the notification you must issue to a Participant each time you mandate them to undertake an activity. When mandating a Participant to undertake an activity you must ensure that the correct MAN template is used. For JSA (IB) Participants you must ensure that you use the JSA MAN. To clarify whether a Participant is a JSA (IB) claimant please check the PRaP Purchase Order Number; it will start with 10 for records in respect of JSA (IB) claimants.

8.36. It must only contain details of one mandatory requirement – if you are considering mandating to more than one activity you must issue a separate JSA MAN for each one.

8.37. The JSA MAN must contain the following information:
· the specific action that the Participant is required to undertake to meet the requirement
· when or by when they must undertake it
· the location of the activity
· what evidence they must supply to demonstrate completion, if any
· a contact name and number of activity provider
· the compliance condition they must undertake if they fail to comply and a sanction is subsequently imposed – see paragraph 8.48 for further information

8.38. The JSA MAN is a template provided by DWP and designed to satisfy the legal requirements when mandating to an activity. It is intended to provide the Participant with written notification of the mandatory requirement you set, including details of how they complete it. You must always use the JSA MAN provided by DWP and not create any other versions. Aside from the sections available to you to input specific details of the activity, you must not amend any content.

8.40. You can issue the JSA MAN to your Participant face to face or by post. When choosing between these two methods you must take into account any known advanced support needs or challenges.

8.41. You must ensure the time between issuing of the JSA MAN and the date of the mandatory activity is reasonable. This may include additional time to enable your Participant to be able to attend, for example replacement care.

8.42. Where you choose to issue the JSA MAN by post, you must consider timing between posting and your Participant receiving the notification. To inform your timeframe when posting, for the purposes of the Restart Scheme the JSA MAN is taken to have been received on the second working day after posting.
Please Note: Working day is any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday in England and Wales.

8.43. It is not a requirement to use registered post to ensure delivery, but you may wish to consider this to provide assurance that it has been delivered to your Participant.

8.44. There are no other permissible methods of issuing the JSA MAN to your Participant. However, you may wish to use additional methods to communicate with your Participant and remind them of the mandatory requirement, for example email, SMS.

8.45. You may wish to provide additional information with the JSA MAN to support your Participant’s understanding and maximise engagement, for example a map outlining the location of the activity.

8.46. You must record the mandatory activity in your Participant’s action plan along with all other activities and steps they are expected to carry out.

8.47. You must keep a copy of each JSA MAN you issue, as you may be asked to provide it in the event your Participant is sanctioned and appeals.

Considering re-arranging a mandatory activity
8.49. Your Participant may contact you in between the date you have set the mandatory activity and the date they are required to complete it, to request it is rearranged for another date. You have the discretion to agree whether to rearrange the activity or whether they are still required to complete it.

8.50. Where you choose to agree to a rearrangement, there is no longer a mandatory requirement for your Participant to undertake the activity as notified to them on the JSA MAN, and you are not required to raise a compliance doubt.

8.51. If you agree to rearrange the activity and you still wish to mandate your Participant to undertake it, you must issue another JSA MAN with the revised details and follow the earlier guidance in this chapter. You must also update your Participant’s action plan to reflect the change to the activity set.

8.52. You may choose not to agree to a rearrangement, which will mean your Participant is still required to undertake the activity. If they subsequently fail to undertake the activity you must raise a compliance doubt. Further information regarding raising a compliance doubt can be found in Restart Scheme Provider Guidance Chapter 9B – Raising a compliance doubt.

8.53. To support you when considering whether to rearrange a mandatory activity, you may wish to review their engagement up to this point. For example, repeated failure to undertake activity or repeated requests to rearrange may lead to you decide you will not agree to rearrange a mandatory activity.

8.54. You may also request evidence to support the reasons for the request to rearrange the mandatory activity, although this is not a requirement.

All activities that are not on a JSA MAN are voluntary. That includes signing provider paperwork. I've read that providers are skipping mandation and going straight to blackmail, i.e if the claimant doesn't do what the provider wants they will report the claimant to their joke centre roach. They seem to be hoping that the claimant is unaware that ALL activities are voluntary unless it's on a mandatory activity notification.
Absolut
Absolut

Brutus, jobberpw and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:04 am

Regulation 5 Notice as per Regulation 5 of the JSA SAPOE Regulations 2013

When a JSA claimant is mandated onto Restart that is the DWP contracting out.

The start date of the contracting out is the date that is on the Regulation 5 notice.

The date on the Regulation 5 notice is day 1 of the 365 day provision.

If there are 2 dates on a Regulation 5 notice where the start date is not clear that issue can be raised with senior DWP management staff.

A Regulation 5 notice for Restart is a "Welcome to Restart" letter. That letter should have multiple logos on it, including the provider's logo and both the DWP and JCP logo along with the logo for the organisation that usually pays for these schemes, the ESF.

It is usually the provider that sends the SAPOE Regulation 5 notice, not the DWP. Therese Coffey gave Restart providers the power to issue a Regulation 5 notice following their acceptance of a referral. Why then are JCP offices handing out Regulation 5 notices and not the provider?

Once a Regulation 5 notice has been issued the start date on that notice cannot change without that notice being revoked. If it's issued by the DWP, only the DWP may revoke it.

Once a Reg 5 notice has been issued to the claimant the DWP is supposed to step away. It is for the provider to then issue all mandatory activity notifications to the claimant, not the DWP.

If a claimant is on Restart at the time of the warm handover call it is the provider that should have given or sent the JSA MAN to the claimant, not the DWP.

Last edited by Absolut on Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:27 am

Continued....

From the date on the Regulation 5 notice the provider may mandate the claimant to take a telephone call from the provider on a given date, at a given time, using a JSA MAN, but the claimant must be allowed to contact the provider if that date and that time is not convenient so that they may re-arrange it. The claimant should be able to speak to the provider without their work coach listening in if, as claimed by the DWP, the claimant is on Restart at the time of the call.

So far not a single JSA claimant has been allowed to contact the provider in any manner prior to the warm handover call, at a time when they were supposedly already on Restart.  

So far the DWP has commenced mandating JSA claimants via a WSR appointment mandation letter to take part in the warm handover call using the SAPOE Regs as the justification for the threat. This implies that the claimant is already on Restart at the time of the call. If so then it was the provider who should have issued the MAN, not the DWP. It is not the DWP that runs the SAPOE Scheme once there is a start date, it is the provider. That is what they are paid for.

This is why a meeting and/or interview with a provider cannot be mandated by the DWP. It is not the DWP that is running the scheme. A WSR is not part of a SAPOE scheme.  A WSR and a meeting with a provider are 2 totally separate interviews where sanction regulations are concerned. It's one, or the other, not both at the same time.

If the claimant is required to take the call from a provider before being given a Reg 5 notice then the DWP needs to tell claimants what regulation they are using to mandate it because it's not SAPOE. If it's the DWP doing the mandating for the provider and not the provider themselves, then that indicates that the contract has not started for the provider to be able to do it themselves.

To reiterate, once ON Restart, it is the provider that mandates telephone calls, it is the provider that mandates meetings. To mandate they MUST use a JSA MAN posted to the claimant's address. No MAN from the provider = voluntary.

Once a claimant is on Restart the DWP only sees you for your usual fortnightly work search review meeting and they may ask how you are getting on with your Restart participation. That's it. They do not usually involve themselves any further.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:32 am

Continued...

The team that deals with JSA Restart sanctions is based in Dundee.

2.75. Where you mandate a Potential Participant to attend the initial meeting and they failed to attend, you must notify the Department by raising a compliance doubt using form JSA603 and sending to: dundee.restartjsaibdoubtteam@*DWP.GOV.UK*

The above has been written for the provider by the DWP about JSA claimants. Please note that the Dundee team expects the provider to mandate the first meeting, not the DWP itself.

When a JSA claimant is mandated to attend an initial meeting by their job centre and they FTA, who does the job centre send the doubt to if not the Dundee Restart JSA Doubt Team? Isn't it the provider the Dundee team would expect to get a FTA doubt from rather than the claimant's job centre? Suspect

Restart providers, when taking on the UC contract, didn't want to have to mandate every single meeting and every single activity and I can see the sense in that. After all, any sanction against a UC claimant can be lifted when bad doggie does what it's told (complies). Such is not the case for JSA claimants. Without bad doggie having a "good reason", bad doggie can do what bad doggie was supposed to but bad doggie does not get their food bowl back for another 4 weeks.

I have had sight of a Reg 5 notice and the following text appears:

If we decide you do not have a good reason for failing to attend a meeting you were mandated to attend, or failing to complete an activity you were mandated to complete your Jobseeker's Allowance will stop.

The above forces the provider to issue MANs for every meeting and every activity. If they don't, the claimant can simply fail to turn up, and ignore all activities, that weren't on a JSA MAN. An email from the provider with an appointment date and time on it is not a JSA MAN.  Very Happy
Absolut
Absolut

The Catwoman and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:21 am

as Absolut says above, restart is by design for UC claimants, i have not encountered one single person thus far from jcp staff and provider's staff that has any knowledge whatsoever of the restart regulations and legislative difference that jsa claimants are not the same as UC claimants on this scheme, it is almost shocking the level of incompetency if you ask any questions even basic ones about the scheme

using their portal is heavily pushed, ask them if using it is mandatory, i was informed it wasn't 😎
that appears to be their version of uc's journal (not appears to be, i know it is) which they create your account on referral and email you the link to login, you cant unclick once you have clicked so keep that in mind

mandy tori

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:59 pm

mandy tori wrote:
using their portal is heavily pushed, ask them if using it is mandatory, i was informed it wasn't 😎
that appears to be their version of uc's journal (not appears to be, i know it is) which they create your account on referral and email you the link to login, you cant unclick once you have clicked so keep that in mind

What is on their version of the UC journal, if you don't mind me asking 😉. Like the 'Todo list', no doubt has a secret data transfer link to the JCP 🚽 bunker, of all that is typed in...📝

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:22 pm

Pintel wrote:
What is on their version of the UC journal, if you don't mind me asking 😉. Like the 'Todo list', no doubt has a secret data transfer link to the JCP 🚽 bunker, of all that is typed in...📝

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/restart_scheme_participant_porta#comment-99378

this is the portal software that they all use, as for what is on there i wouldn't know. not going to touch it without a mandate

they create an account with your email and spam links via email to get your created id to click their links. on that basis i assume it is impossible to sign up for it myself if i desired..

i did ask if the portal was mandatory immediately when it was mentioned. was told it wasn't so that suits me. they throw emails about noticing o haven't logged into the portal over and over which i find amusing

mandy tori

jobberpw, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:28 am

mandy tori wrote:they create an account with your email and spam links via email to get your created id to click their links.

The push to get the claimant online , (so they can spy on everything the claimant does?) will end in October. The energy price rise is predicted to be 65%, with another price rise next January. Even with the £650 "cost of living" payment how many claimants will be able to put the heating on this winter, never mind their computer?
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw, Pintel and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next