BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart cv

+5
D.Appleby
Absolut
Pintel
Caker
Topaz
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Restart cv Empty Restart cv

Post by Topaz Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:56 am

Do I need to email my CV to restart provider or can I just show them a paper copy

Topaz

Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Restart cv Empty Re: Restart cv

Post by Caker Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Topaz.

How does the restart provider know you have a CV to show?  scratch

Surely part of the restart remit is helping you produce a CV from scratch Rolling Eyes
Caker
Caker

The Catwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:42 pm

I thought it was to demonstrate that the Participant can attach a file to an email 📎. In reality it is so they can sell off your details, as soon after I sent a cv off on one course. I started to receive 'spam' emails, and I only used this email address to contact the provider? 😞👎

Also I said to the providers coach that I could just send a blank 'Word' document, as that would prove I could send/attach a document? confusedconfusedconfusedconfused

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:42 pm

Topaz wrote:Do I need to email my CV to restart provider or can I just show them a paper copy

No, you don't need to email your CV to a restart provider. Yes, you can just show them a paper copy.

Restart has 1 legal right: the right to mandate claimants to undertake job search activity and/or work preparation activities. Until it's mandated, it's entirely voluntary.

It's incredible that providers still think having one CV and one CV only is common practice.  Suspect What I do is this: I tell whoever is asking for my CV that I do not have one CV because I tailor a CV for every job (true) due to some roles not being relevant and only a brief reference to it is needed, whereas it is relevant to other roles and full details are needed. I will print out a CV for them to look at (they never read it) and take it with me, but I will not email it to any DWP employee or scheme provider. I write across the CV or watermark the word Sample right across all pages, just to make the point that it's an active document, not a passive one. That way they can see I have a CV, but they can't use it, even if they had a copy. All they need to know is what jobs I can do and that I have a CV that will enable me to apply for them. That's it.

Restart providers have no right to ask for a copy of a CV to be emailed to them. Why not? It's your email account, not theirs. They have no legal right to keep a copy of anyone's CV. Why not? It's your data, not theirs. They have no right to send anyone's CV to an employer without prior consent and agreement. If they do, they are breaking the law.

Where a CV is concerned Restart providers are exactly like the DWP, they can ask to see that you have one. They can help you re-write one. That's it. Clearly Restart bods do not understand the GDPR (data protection) nor do they understand that a person's email address does not belong to the provider and no-one has any right to tell them what to do with it. I had a spat with a Work Programme provider once over this very issue where she thought my email inbox was her inbox to send whatever the hell she liked. She thought wrong.

Here is what the Restart provider can do: they can send stuff to your inbox. That's it. They can't demand that you send them stuff.

The first thing Restart bods want is a claimant's CV, via email. Why? It's in electronic form for what reason? What are they going to do with it? Where are they going to store it? How long for? Are they going to send anywhere? If so, to whom and where is your consent that they can?

Restart bods are standing in the shoes of the DWP, but their power is limited. They may give a claimant details of a job vacancy, as a "work coach" does and they can ask you what jobs you have applied for in person. They can't make any claimant apply for a job or go to an interview. There may be good reason why the vacancy is not suitable. If they think you could have applied for the role and you don't they can snitch on you to the DWP.

https://www.jobseeker.com/en/cv/articles/gdpr-cv

In the context of a job search, a lot of information is shared and exchanged between candidates and recruiters. This can be your name, address, date of birth and your contact details. Application data provided by a candidate is regarded as personal data. All personal data exchanged falls under the GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation. Find out how the legislation protects your data and what you are entitled to expect regarding the processing of your personal information.

In essence, the regulation stipulated that organisations handle your personal data with care and not keep this information longer than is strictly necessary and only for a specific purpose.

Last edited by Absolut on Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Absolut
Absolut

Caker, scratch, Pintel and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:50 am

Thanks all for replies. Do I have to give restart provider my email address. I don't want to. Do they say they have to contact you digitally?

Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:19 pm

Topaz wrote:Thanks all for replies. Do I have to give restart provider my email address. I don't want to. Do they say they have to contact you digitally?

Hi Topaz

The evidence of the activity can be provided face to face or by email/post. Post is not recommended

You can only be sanctioned if you fail to undertake a mandatory activity, which must be beneficial as well as reasonable taking into account all of your circumstances.

Keep us posted please.

D.Appleby

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:27 pm

Thanks. I wanted to know if the restart provider can insist that they contact me via email to make appointments etc

Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:41 pm

Topaz wrote:Thanks. I wanted to know if the restart provider can insist that they contact me via email to make appointments etc

You can agree a contact method. No-one knows if you have an internet service.

The activity is material.

D.Appleby

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:34 am

Topaz wrote:Thanks. I wanted to know if the restart provider can insist that they contact me via email to make appointments etc

Insist? Good question. It depends what they are insisting on, as D says. What is the activity? Make appointments with whom? What sort of appointments?

Where an appointment with a Restart provider is concerned does the DWP contact you via email to make appointments to go see them? No? Why not? The UC journal exists or they do it face to face, or by letter. They never do it over the phone unless they have to. Unless they record it there's no proof what was said. The DWP has never sent me  an appointment by email. What makes the provider so special?

The provider has no access to the UC journal and so can't make appointments that way. When a UC claimant logs into their UC account there is an electronic record of that access and no way for the claimant to state that they did not see their next appointment. The provider is left with face to face, over the phone or by letter. They don't like the letter bit. That's a higher cost than the phone, plus no proof of what was said over the phone unless bozo roach is listening in via a 3 way call. An even cheaper cost is email. Why would they want to send a Restart appointment via email when the DWP itself only ever uses email to send a claimant notice of a vacancy? Electronic evidence of the appointment and that the email was read by the claimant, that's why.

There is no record that an email has been read unless the email that has been sent has a tracking cookie inside it. Believe me that the provider will attach tracking to all emails they send you in order to be able to prove that you opened the email. How do I know this? It says so in the provider documents the DWP posted online that the provider can submit electronic records of contact. They don't say how that electronic proof is obtained, but I can guess. I used tracking myself when I was being harassed by email.

Take it as read that every email you open, the provider will get a record that you opened it. They do not need a read request acknowledged. I only know what I'd do in those circumstances. In regard to an appointment with them they can put it in a letter, giving reasonable notice if they can't do it face to face. I won't accept appointments over the phone if I can help it. They have no proof and neither do I. That's why they get the roach to listen in during the warm handover call. They are the provider's witness that an appointment was made. It's not my job to save the provider money. They stick it on a letter and give me the proof I want, not the other way around. I will get sanctioned for missing an appointment. They will not.

Where is our proof that any provider has read a return email? No proof at all unless we track them too, and that costs money.  

Where email is concerned I see one legitimate reason for a provider to use it and it's the same reason why the DWP can use it - to send me a vacancy or send an appointment for an interview with an employer for a job I know everything I need to know about it up front. That's it. That's all. The Restart provider has one remit and one remit only - to get a claimant into work. No matter what a provider does I ask the following - is it reasonable bearing in mind that their job is to get me into work? I am to co-operate with that, but only up to a certain point. What point? The boundaries of the law.

The provider already has your email address. It was sent to them via the DWP. That does not give them permission to send whatever they like to it.

Is their insistence that they send Restart appointments by email reasonable? No, I do not think (and this is only my opinion) that it is reasonable if I have said I do not want appointments sent by email, but they can phone or write about them. An email might not get through. It might go into the junk folder. I might not see it for days if I don't check my email every day (I do) but most of all due to our internet connection going offline and that happens quite a bit, sometimes all day.

Where the law is concerned the DWP and their contracted out providers can contact you by email (as long as you are in receipt of benefits) but only in connection to a job vacancy or job interview. Your email does not exist to make provider's lives easier for them to make appointments to see you. There must be some respect given to the you surrounding your preferred method of contact, which should have been discussed and agreed with you at the first meeting. If that is being ignored then the provider is being selfish for no good reason. At that point I would be insisting that they put all their appointments in writing from then on. If they are acting like a dictator with me that's when I insist they  mandate each and every activity via a mandatory activity notification (a MAN). That way I get it in writing. Trust me, they do not like putting anything in writing. It might boomerang on them.  

Will a refusal to receive appointments with a Restart provider via email result in a sanction? I doubt it if there are other methods for the provider to use, the claimant has said they do not want appointments by email (put it in writing if it was verbal just to make the point), and the provider is ignoring the claimant's wishes for other methods to be used. The provider documents contradict on this point. One part says it's the claimant's preferred method, another part tells the provider they can do what they want.  

Always think about the consequences of saying NO to any requests or "insists". Are they doing what the DWP can do or are they stepping beyond the boundaries of the power given to them by the State ?
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:37 pm

Topaz wrote:Thanks all for replies. Do I have to give restart provider my email address. I don't want to. Do they say they have to contact you digitally?

On a side note here #Topaz. There's something I usually do is to create a new email address for the provider's to be used for the period of the course. All you need is a basic free email account, no whistles or Bell's 🔕. As long as you can send and attach items that's all you need.
And at the end of the course/scheme, you stop using the account. No surprise emails no spam etc.

Also make sure to have and write down the password. A different one, as some people have a one password for all... Assume that they have installed some 'keylogging' software 🖥️ on their pc's for 'supervised' job search. Unethical, but provider's aren't your friend, always remember that you are their meal ticket 🐊...

I found this saved alot of hassle down the road, aswell as a firestop from my personal email address.🤗🤗🤗🤗

Pintel
Pintel

Caker and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:29 pm

What if you refuse to give restart an email address.

The Catwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:46 am

The Catwoman wrote:What if you refuse to give restart an email address.

The provider has to know you have an email for you to refuse to give it to them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance

If the DWP has an email address you've given them they will send it to the provider.  It's included in the list of info they send after the provider has accepted the referral. If the claimant doesn't have one they put that there is no email.

2.22. When checking a referral on PRaP, if a Potential Participant’s email address is listed as noemail@dwp.gov.uk, you should be aware this is a dummy email address and must not be used. This email address is input into the DWP IT systems for Potential Participants who do not have a registered email address.

If you do get referred (and I'm attempting to prove the referral is voluntary for JSA) the provider documents state they are to contact you via your preferred method, not theirs. As long as they can contact you about your job search activity and have some way to send you vacancies or appointments for interviews with employers, you can simply say you don't have an email, or do as Pintel suggests (a very good idea) sign up for one that you only use in connection to Restart.  

20.05. When potential Participants are referred to the Restart Scheme, we will send you personal and sensitive information. This data must be securely stored with procedures in place which allow it to be retrieved from your systems. Some or all the data may be forwarded to your sub-contractors. Individual data items are listed here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/chapter-20-data-sharing-between-dwp-and-providers

(Note: this list is not exhaustive):

full name including title
   National Insurance number (NINO)
   full address including post code
   telephone number(s) including mobile or area code
   unique Provider Referral and Payments (PRaP) Referral identifier
   client number
   qualifications
       level
       subject
       outcome
       start date
       end date
       basic skills assessment
   employment status / previous job dates
   aims (free text Field)
   job preferences / preferred hours

(the list is not exhaustive and may change over the life of the Scheme)

Unique PRaP Referral Identifier
   Participant Title
   Participant Forename
   Participant Surname
   Verified Address (including postcode)
   NINO
   Claimant Reference Number
   Telephone Number
   Disability Status
   Employment – Aims, Job Preferences, Preferred Hours, Employment History, Previous Job Dates
   Driving Licence (Y or N) Endorsements
   Additional Information
   Other Activities
   Agreed restrictions
   Additional Information (free text on Action Plan)
   Mandatory Work-Related Activity
   JCP Adviser Name (Forename, Surname, and Initials)
   JCP Office Code
   Signing Day, Claim Cycle, UC Assessment Period
   Referral date
   Incident marker
   Childcare requirements
   Welsh spoken and written indicators
   Barriers to Work
   Additional support or reasonable adjustments
   Admission or discharge hospital
   Appointee or Power of Attorney
   Caring responsibilities
   Change of UC conditionality group or labour market regime which impacts participation on the Restart Scheme
   Changes that affect Participant’s work-related requirements (e.g., Jury service, civic duties, domestic emergency, easements for domestic abuse or violence)
   Claim termination or benefit ends
   Death
   Imprisoned or leaves prison
   Moves to live abroad
   New claim to Universal Credit (UC) within 365-day allotted period
   Part-Time education
   Period of sickness (restrictions and duration)
   Restrictions (e.g. attendance)
   Good News Stories (either by CPA or individuals on the Scheme if required/requested)
   Starts or ends work (including p/t, vol, s/e)
   Outcome of Self-Employment Gateway Interview and subsequent quarterly interviews (if appropriate)
   Participant’s first reported earnings date after moving into employment
   Participant’s earnings reach £1,000
   Participant’s earnings reach £2,000
   Employment end notification

Claimant’s earnings reach/exceed the Employed Outcome payment threshold earnings level as outlined in Restart Scheme Provider Guidance Chapter 17 – Funding Model and Claim Process, and Chapter 18 – Validation.

Btw the "employment end notification" only applies if the claimant is already on UC. It does not apply to ex-JSA claimants.

They can also:

20.26. When emailing unencrypted emails to your supply chain or other third party, the following limits apply:

up to 10 CVs
up to 10 application forms
up to 10 letters
lists of claimant or Participant names (up to 500)

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:05 am

Wow 😲 there's a lot of information/data being shared freely between the JCP🚽 and the Provider's 🐩... You'd think that there would be some violations of the GDPR (data protection) 🤔.

Especially if all of this data gets lost on a unencrypted laptop 💻 or USB stick.. As we all know it's 'profits before performance' with these companies....🙁

Pintel
Pintel

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:43 am

Talking of CV's, I once showed a Roach clown a copy of my cv, and was told to remove all of the 'Employmentability courses' (🐈 sat on the mat/ Dead 🏇 courses). There was a few I grant you 🤤...

When I asked why? as the JCP 🚽 had spent good 💷 on theses courses... To this day I don't know why, and yet the caravan roll's on and on confused...

Reminds me of the Quote by Einstein:

"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
— Albert Einstein

https://quotefancy.com/quote/35/Albert-Einstein-Insanity-is-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-but-expecting

Pintel
Pintel

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:06 am

Pintel wrote:Wow 😲 there's a lot of information/data being shared freely between the JCP🚽 and the Provider's 🐩... You'd think that there would be some violations of the GDPR (data protection) 🤔.

Especially if all of this data gets lost on a unencrypted laptop 💻 or USB stick.. As we all know it's 'profits before performance' with these companies....🙁

The provider sending CVs to third parties by unencrypted email makes me wonder who the third party is. I presume it's an employer.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/personal-information-charter

DWP may share information with and get it from other organisations such as:

other government departments
   local authorities
   social security organisations in other countries
   employers and potential employers
   social landlords
   private-sector bodies, such as energy suppliers, water companies and credit reference agencies
   financial institutions, such as banks and other organisations that may lend you money
   charitable and welfare organisations
   the emergency services

Many DWP services are delivered with the help of other organisations, such as contractors, local authorities, charities and others. We sometimes need to share data with these organisations so they can provide DWP services properly.

In most cases our contracted service providers – for example companies delivering the Work Programme – are acting as DWP’s data processors. This means that DWP is responsible for ensuring they handle your data correctly.

If you have a problem or query about how a DWP service provider is handling your personal data, tell us and we will try to resolve this for you.

I think the above is why it's critical to ensure that your CV remains in your control. There is nothing stopping a provider tampering with a CV before they send it to an employer unless it is made clear to them that they do not have your permission to do so. Do not give them permission to send any CV to an employer without you seeing it first to make sure it is accurate and it fits whatever role is, or might be, on offer. When I was on the Work Programme I made it clear that they did not have my permission to email my CV to anyone without my express consent. They mangled my CV so badly it made me look like I didn't have any qualifications.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:34 am

Pintel wrote:Talking of CV's, I once showed a Roach clown a copy of my cv, and was told to remove all of the 'Employmentability courses' (🐈 sat on the mat/ Dead 🏇 courses). There was a few I grant you 🤤... When I asked why? as the JCP 🚽 had spent good 💷 on theses courses... To this day I don't know why, and yet the caravan roll's on and on confused...

They don't want them on a CV as it shows how much money is spent on 'courses' that don't lead to employment and huge contracts given to companies like Maximus who are evil incarnate rather than on creating actual real jobs for the unemployed with that money. It all has to remain your fault, otherwise they'd have to start looking at the system itself which pays them to be evil, day in, day out.

Back in the day the DWP actually got me a job! Shocked It was a real back to work scheme, with an actual real employer who was paid to take on the unemployed for a year, I got free training while I was working and I didn't permanently fall out of work again until the recession in 2008. Did we cause that recession? No. Do we cause employers to not want to hire sick and/or disabled people? No. Why are sick and disabled people being sent on Restart then? The amount of employers who take on disabled people is 9%.

That's 9 out of every 100 employers that takes on a disabled worker.

Yeah, tinkering with my CV is going to solve that issue. Not. Rolling Eyes
Absolut
Absolut

Caker and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:31 pm

I heard where your coming from #Absolut...
As you said 'tinkering" with cv by adding some 'power words' isn't going to impress anyone 🤤.

Also as you mentioned 'back in the day'. I also knew someone who did the ET( employment training/ extra tenner) and got a permanent full-time position from it🌟. This was in the day's when the provided good training, and not the A1-poster presentation 🗑️, you get today! While I am preaching to the choir here🔔, you'd think they would return to this model of training 🤔. More expensive , yes. But maybe it's money well spent?

Pintel
Pintel

Caker and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:25 am

Pintel wrote:you'd think they would return to this model of training 🤔. More expensive , yes. But maybe it's money well spent?

Better than the billions they spent on the Work Programme, that's for sure.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 pm

And let's not forget the cost 💵 of this Restart/Kickstand scheme... More money down the pan...👎🏽⚰

I'd like to see a statics graph📊 with the cost on one axis and employment on another axis. Of all the JCP 🚽 schemes: Work Program, New Deal, Employment Training etc...
Just to see how they measure up 🤤....
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:21 am

Speaking of stats:

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/restart-scheme-figures-may-2022/

Restart scheme figures published in response to a parliamentary question by Labour MP Alison McGovern show that just 16,180 (7%) of the 226,785 people who joined the scheme since July 2021 have left it because they have been able to find work.

The figures show no such thing. "left" means there's an end date for the contract the DWP has with the provider for that particular claimant, that is all. As for why those contracts ended the reasons are not stated within the figures. (They start in July 2021 and end 30 April, so it's all UC claimants only up that point.) The automatic assumption from personneltoday.com is "left because job", but that's not even faintly accurate.

https://members.parliament.uk/member/4083/writtenquestions?page=2#expand-1461581
Leavers - the number of individuals with both a start date and an end date recorded on provision (reasons for leaving the Restart Scheme include a participant starting work, moving off Universal Credit or moving out of the Universal Credit Intensive Work Search regime)

"a participant starting work" does not generate an end date for the contract. It simply means the claimant is not required to attend the scheme. The provider tracks the claimant's earnings from day 1, for 547 days. The provider gets an earnings outcome payment when a claimant has earned 1k, 2k and then £3952. There is a £2.5 billion pot for Restart providers to stick their fingers into. 30% is "bums on seats" with the other 70% being linked to the claimant earning 1k, 2k and finally £3952. No earny 1k, 2k and finally £3952 = providy not get payee. It is in the provider's interest to get everyone they can into a job where there is at least the chance that the provider will get 3 sets of earnings outcome payments from the claimant's earnings. If the claimant continues to claim UC and doesn't earn that 4k before the 365 days is up they will attend Restart again until they do, or the scheme ends, whichever is soonest. A claimant 'starting work' is exactly what the provider wants, even if it happens on day 360. Whitewashing this hides the pressure the providers will pile onto sick and disabled claimants to get a job, any job, even if they can't physically do it.

After Alison McGovern asked her question about Restart end of contract figures, she asked if the eligibility for Restart had changed. She was given a link to the Restart provider document chapter one, which clearly shows that JSA and UC disabled and sick people have been added to Restart in a "mandatory" way. The DWP does not give figures for how many disabled claimants are on Restart. McGovern asked no more questions about the eligibility change.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:22 pm

Thanks #Absolut, 👍
Wow, according to the article "£2.9 Billion spent, and only a 7% success rate "😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱.

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/restart-scheme-figures-may-2022/

Did the DWP estimate a target 🎯 for these provider's to achieve? Seems to be worse than the "Work Program', which I believe had a 1in 10 success rate.🤢. Still money 💰 well spent on another "White-Elephant elephant".....🙄🙄🙄
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:48 pm

From Ingeus booklet: " To support you into employment we may need to send your CV and/or application forms via email to employers or to your own email account."
I didn't give the dole a copy of my CV. I just showed them I had one. So provider wasn't sent it. I don't want to give my CV to provider as its not mandatory.
Is there a new circumstance where provider can mandate me to give them a copy eg for them sending my CV to an employer only they have access to?
I'm happy to receive application forms which I can fill out and send myself. Are you forced to sit with provider and fill out application forms on their system which they send to employer and email you?.
Why do they have the right to send my CV to employers via
their email?
Why can't I send it myself via my email?
Why would they send my CV to my email when I already have my CV in my own email account as a doc?
Is there a new circumstance where they can mandate me to give them a copy and if I don't consent to them sending my CV to an employer, eg if they have employers only they have access to?
I'm happy to receive application forms which I can fill out myself.
Am trying to keep control of my data but are they making it difficult.

Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:24 am

Topaz wrote:From Ingeus booklet: " To support you into employment we may need to send your CV and/or application forms via email to employers or to your own email account."
I didn't give the dole a copy of my CV. I just showed them I had one. So provider wasn't sent it. I don't want to give my CV to provider as its not mandatory.
Is there a new circumstance where provider can mandate me to give them a copy eg  for them sending my CV to an employer only they have access to?
I'm happy to receive application forms which I can fill out and send myself. Are you forced to sit with provider and fill out application forms on their system which they send to employer and email you?.
Why do they have the right to send my CV to employers via
their email?
Why would they send my CV to my email when I already have my CV in my own email account as a doc?
Is there a new circumstance where they can mandate me to give them a copy and if I don't consent to them sending my CV to an employer, eg if they have employers only they have access to?
I'm happy to receive application forms which I can fill out myself.

Even if a provider sat next to you, filling out a form, there is no obligation for you to be truthful about names of previous employers / any detail of previous employment. That is your data, not theirs.
Caker
Caker

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:15 am

Topaz wrote:From Ingeus booklet: " To support you into employment we may need to send your CV and/or application forms via email to employers or to your own email account." I didn't give the dole a copy of my CV. I just showed them I had one. So provider wasn't sent it. I don't want to give my CV to provider as its not mandatory.

It says "we may need to". I may need to wash my hair, but it doesn't mean I have to.

Is there a new circumstance where provider can mandate me to give them a copy eg  for them sending my CV to an employer only they have access to?

You are only required to have a CV in order for you to apply for jobs that are reasonable for you to apply for via that method. If Ingeus is an employment agency with access to jobs with particular employers then they need to tell you that, up front.

If by "force" you mean mandate, you need to ask opposing questions - is there a good reason why they think you can't fill in applications on your own? Is that the sort of support you actually need or is it a waste of time? Will you benefit from what has been mandated? Do you fill in a lot of application forms only to end up not getting an interview? Did employers tell you that it was your inability to fill in an application form that made them eliminate you from the interview process?

Why do they have the right to send my CV to employers via their email?

They don't have the right. They need your consent to send your CV to employers via their email.

You can't send it yourself if they are acting as an employment agency.

They'd re-write it, dumb it down, take stuff out they don't like etc and send it back to you. I had this happen to me. I used the dumbed down CV and interviews dried up. I went back to my own and got interviews again.  Rolling Eyes

In order to keep control of your data, don't hand it over.

FOI2021/70138
Providers will be expected to engage participants by emphasising the advantages of participation. If a participant is mandated to an activity by the provider and fails to comply, the provider is expected to raise a compliance doubt with Jobcentre Plus and a decision will be made as to whether a sanction should be imposed. If a claimant refuses to take part in any stage of that process, a compliance doubt may be raised, which may or may not result in a sanction being imposed.

A participant may refuse to complete or sign any forms or documents drawn up by a Restart provider, and there is no specific legislation that requires a participant to give a reason for declining to complete an initial diagnostic assessment, or sign an action plan. It is extremely unlikely that a provider would make the signing of an action plan a mandatory activity. The department has no recorded information which refers to any regulations, or a legal or mandatory requirement for Restart participants to complete or sign paper or electronic documents drawn up by a provider.

We do however, ask providers to note any reasons offered for the refusal to sign an action plan, but as already stated, the participant is not obliged to supply a reason. A Restart participant is expected to comply with any mandated activities set out in the action plan but no legislation compels them to sign or provide reasons for refusal to sign. However, a failure to adhere to the mandated actions set out in the plan may lead to a compliance doubt being raised with Jobcentre Plus.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:21 am

It's great to have this info. Thanks all for your advice.

Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next