BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart for JSA claimants

+12
Pintel
mandy tori
Coconutxone
Charles1985
Georgewaste
Muppet1970
Jayne
The Catwoman
Mousecat
Jara
Absolut
DeafBloke
16 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Restart for JSA claimants - Page 3 Empty Re: Restart for JSA claimants

Post by Jayne Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:04 pm

Intincroi wrote:
Jayne wrote:
Intincroi wrote:The crowd at my local Restart don't know seem to know their elbows from their backsides.  I turned up for the course that I've previously aluded to, but I was the only one who bothered turning up.  It turns out my Restart advisor shouldn't have booked me on this course as it had only just been arranged and they didn't have enough time to fill the seats.  I couldn't help but smile my way out of the office, knowing full well that they had messed up to my benefit.

My lack of attendance to Restart's job clubs haven't been brought up by my job centre's work coach or Restart, so I'm letting sleeping dogs lie.  In any case they are just an excuses for my advisor to sit with me for an hour and tell me I should basically ignore my health conditions and pressure me by asking if the job centre are aware of my issues - yes, they are.

Restart advisors couldn't even book a appointment correctly they still saying i have telephone apppointments by text messages
How many job clubs have you been on? me only 1 so far back in Feb they still trying even thou im working just keep providing proof to your work coach your job search/interviews restart cannot raise a issue over this.

At my restart provider Job clubs they even have some stupid tents cloths and a large table on the side covering the whole table and computer incase people complain about people personal information on show will take a picture next visit and post on here fecking stupid.
I went to the job club three times - I think the first time it was just me and two others.  The second time it was my advisor sat with job descriptions and asking me to pick out the ones I wouldn't feel able to do, so they can refine their future searches for me.  I felt this was almost like entrapment - pick a job, tell us why you don't want it.  I was half expecting a bollocking from my job centre work coach for this, but nothing came of it.  The third (and currently last) time it was just me and they tried jumping up my arse.  I think I've said in this thread that I don't cope well under pressure and the advisors at Restart know it - so it seems to me that they were using this against me and coerce me into any old shit, regardless of my health conditions.

One of my health conditions could be classed as an impairment and migrate into a disability over time.  There's absolutely nothing I can do about it, other than to avoid stressful situations which can worsen it.

First job club i went to was terrible felt like crap afterwards was grilled by a horrible women advisor/manager asking why i didn't take a job?out of the three we have shown you any good reason please explain why in details one word travel way too far she would go off on one saying everyone travels on the bus for 2 hours next excuse was the early start time she would say that isn't a issue after that i said no more job clubs not coming in to get bullied i also think job clubs are restart selling their stupid job roles trying to fulfill their monthly targets quote any word you have a interview line up you sourced yourself they will pound your backside with restart roles like a desperate drug addict now i just blackmail my advisor told her your not using me to work to 4250£ for you to gain the 3 grand bonus works wonders they will never get a outcome out of me made it loud and clear.

Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:12 pm

Update guys signed upto a mental health awareness course level 1 adult learning course free for 8 weeks for 6 hours learning a week will tell my work coach i require this due to restart has done to my mental health also another course customer service level 1 require this course due to the nature of my job dealing with customers work coach might ask why not do it at the restart they don't have my consent to share my data to third parties eg like restart digital college online courses only offer me nothing also restart in the house courses are crap advisor just read everything out of a fucking book.

Update guys work coach said free courses are allowed on JSA upto 16 hours but paid ones are not unless your employer or you pay for it job centre or the government will not finance it I had my BTEC Level 1 funded back in 2012 everything paid for guess the rules has changed cutting cost.

Charles1985

Mousecat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:10 am

So my exit review is booked in just before the end of this month.  Zero pressure was put on me today, I wasn't asked about my lack of attendance to the job clubs, I wasn't suggested any jobs to apply for.  I've never seen so much empathy from this bunch before, they are clearly buttering me up for a good review.

Well they can fuck right off, because I will turn the tables on them at my exit review and call them out for what they are - a bunch of hard faced jobsworths who give zero fucks about you, they just want you to get a job.

At the end of my review, I spoke to a previous advisor who has been sly with me in the past, like the time they booked me in for one day course which would ended up lasting a week - a slippery snake indeed.  Basically they said we just want you to get a job and that will get the job centre off your back and improve things for you.  I just nodded, smiled, agreed and let them get on with their grovelling - I'm past the point of arguing now.

Just let me go.

Intincroi

The Catwoman, Ignatius, Coconutxone, Mousecat and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:17 am

Intincroi wrote:So my exit review is booked in just before the end of this month.  Zero pressure was put on me today, I wasn't asked about my lack of attendance to the job clubs, I wasn't suggested any jobs to apply for.  I've never seen so much empathy from this bunch before, they are clearly buttering me up for a good review.

Well they can fuck right off, because I will turn the tables on them at my exit review and call them out for what they are - a bunch of hard faced jobsworths who give zero fucks about you, they just want you to get a job.

At the end of my review, I spoke to a previous advisor who has been sly with me in the past, like the time they booked me in for one day course which would ended up lasting a week - a slippery snake indeed.  Basically they said we just want you to get a job and that will get the job centre off your back and improve things for you.  I just nodded, smiled, agreed and let them get on with their grovelling - I'm past the point of arguing now.  Just let me go.

Happy for you buddy atleast they didn't get that job payout by forcing you to any role they are snakes, grass and also condescending pricks literally if they spoken to me in a respectful manner would have take a role from them and earn some dosh and get on with my life literally had nothing against them at the start.

Charles1985

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:19 pm

I fear you are expecting too much of any Exit Review feedback. I doubt a provider gives two hoots about anything said in an Exit Review. It is just a box to be ticked and a WC may or may not read it. However, they will care about any feedback given in any DWP survey. Hopefully you will be randomly selected to complete one. Customer satisfaction levels, as measured by these surveys, definitely do get looked at by the DWP and providers are expected to meet targets. I'm sure the provider guidance has more on these if you are interested.

Ignatius

Mousecat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:34 pm

Ignatius wrote:I fear you are expecting too much of any Exit Review feedback. I doubt a provider gives two hoots about anything said in an Exit Review. It is just a box to be ticked and a WC may or may not read it. However, they will care about any feedback given in any DWP survey. Hopefully you will be randomly selected to complete one. Customer satisfaction levels, as measured by these surveys, definitely do get looked at by the DWP and providers are expected to meet targets. I'm sure the provider guidance has more on these if you are interested.
That makes sense. Hopefully I will be selected for a survey, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm wondering if putting in a lengthy complaint to Restart afterwards would be beneficial? Or would it just be a waste of my time, ink and paper complaining after I've finished the Restart course?

Intincroi

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:49 pm

Intincroi wrote:
Ignatius wrote:I fear you are expecting too much of any Exit Review feedback. I doubt a provider gives two hoots about anything said in an Exit Review. It is just a box to be ticked and a WC may or may not read it. However, they will care about any feedback given in any DWP survey. Hopefully you will be randomly selected to complete one. Customer satisfaction levels, as measured by these surveys, definitely do get looked at by the DWP and providers are expected to meet targets. I'm sure the provider guidance has more on these if you are interested.
That makes sense.  Hopefully I will be selected for a survey, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm wondering if putting in a lengthy complaint to Restart afterwards would be beneficial? Or would it just be a waste of my time, ink and paper complaining after I've finished the Restart course?

Waste of time complaining to the provider they will investigate the case themselves and close the case in their favour.

The manager at my branch even removed all the feedback forms at the end of the courses everyone knows this is one big tax scam any negative feedback he will have to call up ask what can be improved use this email below they got back to me the nextday and also forward a copy to your local MP.

Twice said to my advisor going to report you to JCP WC the manager runs off to job centre making a compliance meeting what a shit bag the advisor told me this your feedback passed over to the manager he now in a meeting with the job centre lol fucking pussies scared of losing the contract with the DWP.

Just grass them upto your work coach like a snake work coach will tell the JCP manager restart manager will run to the JCP It's literally hilarious just be careful only report things like wrong appointments times/dates, travel reimbursement, advisor abuse, courses problems, advisor problems, bullying etc etc anything else your basically grassing yourself up.

Heard people at the restart telling me the restart manager the bastard over there grass people up for being 5 minutes late for a appointment.

Restart.ProviderEnquiries@dwp.gov.uk   (email address)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance

Mousecat

Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:03 pm

Exit Review! What happens at that appointment? I never made it with the telephone appointments, I never took the last call from them. I think that they where just glad to see the back of me after 12 months of me telling them that this Restart scheme was crap. It just fizzled out at the end and no i've never been asked to give a review about Restart I wonder why. LOL.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

The Catwoman, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:16 am

Work coach starting to mess with my JSA claim refused plenty of times to move over to UC said me next meeting you come in sign on next you have to call the 0800 hotline to have your claim processed our JSA systems is down next sign on date blah blah god knows how long I have to wait over the phone anyone had this before seems like they are doing all their tricks getting me to UC they know im a tough nut to crack and a stubborn bastard.

Coconutxone

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:03 pm

So what's the point in the WC being their if you have to do some nonsense on the phone.

The Catwoman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:23 pm

Coconutxone wrote:Work coach starting to mess with my JSA claim refused plenty of times to move over to UC said me next meeting you come in sign on next you have to call the 0800 hotline to have your claim processed our JSA systems is down next sign on date blah blah god knows how long I have to wait over the phone anyone had this before seems like they are doing all their tricks getting me to UC they know im a tough nut to crack and a stubborn bastard.
I can't remember why now, but I've always been told to wait for the letter to arrive in the post telling me to apply for Universal Credit - don't quote on this, but I think it's something to do with payments while you wait for the UC claim to become active.

My work coach hasn't mentioned anything more about Restart to me, proving to me that my previous Restart advisor was a complete jobsworth. My current advisor doesn't really give a hoot - I just nod, ummm, arrr and say okay and they are quite content. My gut feeling is that they are playing to the manager, letting them see them interviewing me - but as the manager is about 5 metres away, they can't clearly hear what is being said from either of us.

Part of me is relieved that Restart will soon be over with for me. But another part of me is already worrying about what they have lined up for me next. Sad

Intincroi

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:43 pm

Hopefully some of what you've learned on here will help you deal with providers next time you're mindlessly referred onto some nonsense programme. When you are recovered from your Restart ordeal it might be worth thinking in advance about how you will deal with the next provider you are sent to. I find that then the 'Oh shit' feeling when I get referred somewhere isn't as consuming because I have my very own pre-prepared action plan for dealing with the shysters. Also, it's worth keeping an eye on forums like this, even if you don't post anything - advance warning of programmes is always worth having.

To the best of my knowledge Restart and the Work and Health Programme are the only flagship, national programmes operating at the present time so hopefully you will be safe for a while.

On the UC migration point, as you say Intincroi, always wait for the official letter of doom. I posted on the UC board about the 2 week JSA run on you can get if you time your claim right. According to my WC they're still ploughing through migrating tax credit claimants and they didn't know when that is due to be completed.

Ignatius

The Catwoman, Coconutxone and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:43 pm

The Catwoman wrote:So what's the point in the WC being their if you have to do some nonsense on the phone.

Fuck knows a new tactics making you call up on hold for hours hoping you give up on your job seekers allowance claim isn't the first time this roach said the jsa systems is down to be fair other work coaches only trained to deal with universal credit systems no new roaches will be trained on the legacy benefit anymore the system is finished my excellent detective work is here is the image https://ibb.co/rsVrLSS DWP work roach mentioning they don't have a fucking clue about legacy benefit systems.

Coconutxone

Ignatius and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:01 pm

Ignatius wrote:Hopefully some of what you've learned on here will help you deal with providers next time you're mindlessly referred onto some nonsense programme. When you are recovered from your Restart ordeal it might be worth thinking in advance about how you will deal with the next provider you are sent to. I find that then the 'Oh shit' feeling when I get referred somewhere isn't as consuming because I have my very own pre-prepared action plan for dealing with the shysters. Also, it's worth keeping an eye on forums like this, even if you don't post anything - advance warning of programmes is always worth having.

To the best of my knowledge Restart and the Work and Health Programme are the only flagship, national programmes operating at the present time so hopefully you will be safe for a while.

On the UC migration point, as you say Intincroi, always wait for the official letter of doom. I posted on the UC board about the 2 week JSA run on you can get if you time your claim right. According to my WC they're still ploughing through migrating tax credit claimants and they didn't know when that is due to be completed.

I never use universal credit that thing is next level jargon JSA is my last just going to up my working hours cannot be bothered having a nagging work roach in your journal telling you to do more hours look for more work earn more blah blah if not you will attend the job centre job club just like restart fuck that this is why we need a new government the benefits system getting unpleasantly rough and harsh they are coming at us like a ton of bricks they want one system only easier to sanction and control us.

The roach keeps on saying go to uc and get a advanced payment no thanks not getting myself into debt with the dwp i might try universal credit just for one or two months once i get my migration letter try it out

Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:08 am

hello all. just thought i would mention the guidance for restart has had a major revision upgrade and hadn't seen a mention of it here.

25 August 2023
Published a revised version (version 4) of the Restart Scheme provider guidance.

i have completed restart already but they have done major changes that you all should read through.
-claimant commitment will be adjusted to add restart tasks for jsa which looks to me to be a crafty way to mandate "participants"
also they have added face to face every 20 working days and contact every 10

also the templates for the MAN forms are now available :-)

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:28 pm

mandy tori wrote:hello all. just thought i would mention the guidance for restart has had a major revision upgrade and hadn't seen a mention of it here.

25 August 2023
Published a revised version (version 4) of the Restart Scheme provider guidance.

i have completed restart already but they have done major changes that you all should read through.
-claimant commitment will be adjusted to add restart tasks for jsa which looks to me to be a crafty way to mandate "participants"

I'm glad I have less than a month left of this BS then. It's everybody else I feel sorry for.

I've heard whispers of a Triage program that you have to attend twice a week. I've already been on Triage, so I'm hopeful I don't have to do it again. When I was on Triage, I had to attend once a fortnight and it was more or less a quick chat with some very light pressure - once they tried to put me on a course, I told them my previous work history more than qualifies me than their sheet of toilet paper that they were offering me.

Intincroi

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:36 pm

Intincroi wrote:
mandy tori wrote:hello all. just thought i would mention the guidance for restart has had a major revision upgrade and hadn't seen a mention of it here.

25 August 2023

I'm glad I have less than a month left of this BS then.  It's everybody else I feel sorry for.

I've heard whispers of a Triage program that you have to attend twice a week.  I've already been on Triage, so I'm hopeful I don't have to do it again.  When I was on Triage, I had to attend once a fortnight and it was more or less a quick chat with some very light pressure - once they tried to put me on a course, I told them my previous work history more than qualifies me than their sheet of toilet paper that they were offering me.

Mines finish in Jan 2024
they are really going for the kill now best solution is fill all your free days with some work experience and learning courses or a skill boot camp for 12 weeks before they go full hands on you very worrying indeed with this latest update pushing people to the edge also the advisors to breaking point all down to the DWP.

Charles1985

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:15 pm

The claimant commitment is an agreement between two parties. If you do not agree with what is written in the CC and it is not signed and agreed then it is not lawful. I went for years without a signed CC this begs the question how did I get benefit if I did not have a valid CC when I legally must have one? They can't force you to sign anything. So this is just another of their control games that can not be enforced.😀
oneman
oneman

mandy tori and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:55 pm

My WC still hasn't finished my cc, and now she has forgotten about it and is just going on about getting a passport.
They fuss over cc and what's in them when it suits them

The Catwoman

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:57 pm

It states in the provider guidance that:

Claimants with a health condition
1.36. The Restart Scheme has been designed to support the majority of Claimants in the Universal Credit IWSR or in receipt of JSA (IB). Claimants in this group will have a variety of needs; including Universal Credit Claimants who are on a health journey.

1.37. Universal Credit Claimants in the IWSR currently on a health journey, can be considered for referral to the Restart Scheme. This includes Claimants who:

have a fit note
are awaiting a WCA, or
are awaiting the outcome of a WCA.
1.38. Having a health condition does not, of itself, preclude Claimants from participation on the Restart Scheme and is not a reason to reject the referral. You should accept all referrals of Potential Participants who are deemed suitable by the Jobcentre Plus Work Coach. If you have any concerns about the suitability of a Potential Participant, you should speak to your Jobcentre Plus SPOC or the Potential Participant’s Jobcentre Plus Work Coach, please refer to Chapter 2: Joining the Restart Scheme.

There is no legislation that makes this lawful. The DWP can't provide any legal evidence (I have asked this) that proves a fit note can be overridden by this guidance or the job center staff. Once again this is part of their control over you and is a lie to get you to comply. If there is no legislation then it is an unlawful request and will be thrown out of court or by the DM if they have any sense.

example: if you have a contagious disease and a doctors fit note, no judge in the land would put other people's lives at risk by mandating you to attend Restart. The job center on the other hand thinks they can do and say whatever they want without any repercussions. They do not care about human well-being even if there is potential to cause death.

This is why they took me off IWSR instead of allowing me to take them to court about this complaint. They tried to pay me off and hush me up. I will not allow this to happen.
oneman
oneman

mandy tori and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:20 pm

The Catwoman wrote:My WC still hasn't finished my cc, and now she has forgotten about it and is just going on about getting a passport.
They fuss over cc and what's in them when it suits them

The Catwoman. Try and keep it this way. If you have any problems in the future they won't have a leg to stand on. By law, you must have a signed CC. They will be in a lot of trouble if they don't have one and they need it to force you to do something that is in the agreement. Any other DWP legislation will have to be adhered to though. Rolling Eyes

Why is your work roach asking about a passport?
oneman
oneman

Gallazz and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:57 pm

I really have no idea why she keeps on insisting I get a passport. All I can think of is she plans on sending me somewhere that needs photo ID.
It's not to benefit me.

The Catwoman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:06 pm

A few days ago an ex-Restart advisor posted a Reddit-thread about their experience working on Restart.

Thread is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DWPhelp/comments/16ct4ta/inside_of_the_restart_programme_during_my_time_5/

Here are some quotes that I found interesting or just depressing.

the management even told me to lie to the unemployed people that includes threatening them with all sorts horrible things like sanctions also target their well-being including attacking their family members to scare them off showing who the boss your the boss.

Every employment law known to man is broken in this company also we told not to follow any DWP guidelines and rules any participants calls the guidelines i was told to make one up inside my head or change the subject.

I just don't understand why they get away with stuff like this.

Also you dare question your manager about the mistreatment towards the participants they will fire you on the spot

I bet these managers see complaints from claimants as a five star review for their advisors. No wonder they don't care about complaints.

we even have to force a "64 years old gentleman" into a warehousing role by bullying him watch two advisors taking turns telling him to apply for it and take it he was saying no no even threatening a 64 years old with sanctions

I can only hope the warehouse managers/HR had more common sense than those two Restart-advisors.

we also try to make people attend the job club 3-4 times a week plenty participants on my workload refuse

I can fully understand that most people just turn down these job clubs, especially since they are not mandatory.

We also contact people nonstop if they stopped working for whatever stupid reason asking tons of questions and forcing them back to earn the "4k" if they refuse we will have them sanctioned by telling the job centre

Jara

Ignatius, Jayne and Georgewaste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:48 pm

The Catwoman wrote:I really have no idea why she keeps on insisting I get a passport. All I can think of is she plans on sending me somewhere that needs photo ID.

When you next go in just say
It's not to benefit me.

This is not you.
Just stop all comunication

Last edited by oneman on Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:58 pm

Last edited by oneman on Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total