BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart program

+18
Gallazz
Archangel
Ignatius
fordcortina1970
mandy tori
Topaz
D.Appleby
The Catwoman
london123
MightyQunit
Brutus
Absolut
Rebel-1
oneman
Caker
jobberpw
Jara
Pintel
22 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Restart  program Empty Restart program

Post by Pintel Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:54 pm

Does anyone know anymore about this new program?  

https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/restart/

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-scheme/how-the-restart-scheme-will-work

Its for UC claimants for 12 months:
Its a  "Tailored support for each participant" scheme.🤪. Just wondered if anyone knows about this, as it just sounds like the 'Health & Work program', or 'Kickstart' for the over 25's?
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Restart  program Empty Re: Restart program

Post by jobberpw Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:25 pm

Not sure about this one Pintel but as roach shop will be in such a mess with the over supply of labour there will many of these long-term cat sat on the bloody mat courses I fear.

Friend of mine just been sentenced to 3 month solitary, go nowhere course. End of course, for those who can stomach it are awarded a certificate. I am betting won't be worth toilet paper to any employer. Still at least the provider company can rake a ton of cash in as long as they get as many bums on seats as possible. 👿
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:25 pm

I had a quick read of the guidance of this scheme: https://mrfrankzola.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/restart-specification-itt-v1.pdf

• It's mostly for claimant that's been on Universal Credit between 12 and 18 months. Once you been sentenced to the Restart-scheme, you are going to be there for a year.
  • There will be referrals (around 10% of the overall referrals) for people that's been on UC for less than 12 months but not "suitable" for other provisions. Perhaps as a punishment? Also this group of 10% can also include unemployed claimants that's been on UC for longer than 18 months.
  • Providers are encouraged to not mandate claimants, but have the option to. However they can't mandate a claimant to attend the first meeting/assessment, at least not initially. If after a certain amount of failures (or time have passed) they can mandated a claimant.
  • Claimants can't be mandated to an activity which attracts a high level sanction for failure. Restart-providers cannot mandate anyone to apply for (or even accepting) a job.
  • However if a claimant doesn't want to apply for a certain job, the provider can notify the work coach about this. The work coach will then have the option to mandate the claimant to apply for the job.
  • Providers can only mandate through a written notification, that also must follow a template. This written notification can be given face to face or through post.
  • The provider will always get feedback from DWP if a sanction doubt been successful or not.
  • DWP (possible the work coach) and the provider will be in contact with each other a few times where they will discuss the claimants progress or any problems. If you are giving the provider trouble, your work coach will know about it eventually.
  • A low level sanctions, imposed by a compliance doubt from the provider, will run until the claimant complies again. It is up to the provider to notify DWP when a claimant complies again.

Jara

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:45 am

"It's mostly for claimant that's been on Universal Credit between 12 and 18 months. Once you been sentenced to the Restart-scheme, you are going to be there for a year."

How wonderful. Now every employer in the UK will no doubt be looking to take on anyone unemployed after participating in another great 'scheme' Evil or Very Mad .

Providers are encouraged to not mandate claimants, but have the option to. However they can't mandate a claimant to attend the first meeting/assessment, at least not initially. If after a certain amount of failures (or time have passed) they can mandated a claimant.

Dont you just love em. All dressed up as we are here to help you all....REALLY! Evil or Very Mad

jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:00 am

This looks like the old Work Program. Suspect
Caker
Caker

Brutus, oneman, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:07 am

It will surely be one of these useless mickey mouse schemes that won't get people into work but will earn the Tory donors millions of pounds in so called "re-training", obviously led by incompetent and clueless jobsworths, self-titled trainers and your stereotypical brown nosers.  Seen it, been there, done it, moved on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:45 am

Caker wrote:This looks like the old Work Program. Suspect

It does seem that way #Caker, with the same old names bidding for the contracts?🤔.

I knew a few people that went through the "Employment Training"(ET) in the 1980's. Where they actually got some training, that was actually useful. It lasted a year and got a 'City & Guilds' qualification in a trade. This was pre New Deal, where they removed the training, for classes in 'cat🐱 sat on the mat' training. And we all know where that went 😣...

It will be good to see 👀more information about the 'training' these provider's will deliver? I won't hold my breath, on these provider's delivering anything 👎useful. Other than lining their own pockets 💰.

Pintel
Pintel

Caker, oneman and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:56 pm

This is concerning. I need to start a new thread about strategies for evading the Restart Programme.
Caker
Caker

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel and Gallazz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:20 pm

I wonder if it will have the 'Lottery' that the Health &Work program had? Where the Roach clown, could put you on the selection 🎰 lottery. If you'd been claiming for a certain period of time?
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm

Caker wrote:This is concerning. I need to start a new thread about strategies for evading the Restart Programme.

This would be good Caker. There seems to be far too many of these "waste of everyone's time and money cat sat on mat trainning schemes. "

For younger generations coming out into this total farce of a circus, will really feel insulted. Many will be far better educated than those running the courses.

I see Coffey on TV this morning giving her brief of rinse and repeat.

For people who do need more basic education for whatever level that maybe. Nothing wrong with that. But, dressing it up as something to make every employer in the uk want to hire people is deluded in the extreme.

The people concentrateing on the aspect of training all unemployed. Would do better, addressing the amount of skilled people actually needed within the economy and then, appropriately train them.

Training courses to work in a charity shop or wilkos etc won't stimulate an economy which will imo in 5 years from now be battered by AI. It's already happening, and as with everything else we've clearly seen with this pandemic. People in the big top are burying their heads in the sand and will sleep walk into this. It will be then, they will concede defeat and in comes a UBI of some kind. It will have to get that bad before their ready to accept that's now a growing reality. No offence intended to anyone associated with wilkos in anyway etc.

What we effectively have is the Tory stick mentality. Do cat sat on mat or, we will sanction you. 👿

Rant over. Off for another coffee and bics.

Last edited by jobberpw on Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

oneman, Rebel-1 and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:03 pm

Pintel wrote:I wonder if it will have the 'Lottery' that the Health &Work program had? Where the Roach clown, could put you on the selection 🎰 lottery. If you'd been claiming for a certain period of time?

Will get back to you on this and try and report back tomorrow Pintel. Friend of mine currently doing a 3 month circus and sounds as could be pre intro to joke program MK3.

Friends course runs Mon to Fri 4 hours per day for 12 weeks. She's not happy confused

Last edited by jobberpw on Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:36 pm

https://mrfrankzola.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/restart-specification-itt-v1.pdf

2.64 Participants must have a 1-2-1 Face to Face meeting no less frequently than every 4 weeks throughout their time on Restart provision. For the purposes of this programme, a Face to Face meeting is defined as taking place in person and not over a digital platform. Providers should have digital solutions available, if DWP advise that circumstances mean Face to Face meetings are not appropriate eg COVID-19, local restrictions.

2.65 1-2-1 support must be delivered to Participants no less frequently than fortnightly. 1-2-1 support outside of the 4 weekly Face to Face meeting can utilise digital options if this meets the needs of the Participant. Contact should be meaningful, clearly addressing barriers to work and helping to progress the Participant. Communication via a text message(s) will not suffice.

Face to face is expected frequently, once a month. It won't be up to the claimant to decide of face-to-face is safe, it will be up to DWP. Then you are expected to use a digital solution to receive the support.. Text messages will not suffice. DWP expects a provider to interact with the claimant at least once every two weeks as well, but that doesn't have to be face to face.

2.67 Providers must deliver personalised support tailored to meet the needs of each Participant to help them move into work.

This could be an argument against attending pointless CV workshops and other group sessions. However I am not sure I want to see them one to one either. The two year work programme stint I did was mostly group sessions. They were useless when it came to personalised support. It was like one mock interview which I didn't bother trying to succeed in. They said I needed more training but couldn't help me further anyway.

Jara

Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:14 am

"personalised support tailored to meet the needs of each Participant"

That in itself, imo is political idealism.Can not be achieved.Haven't come across that in 10 years of listening to their bullshit.If they actually believe that is the service they are supplying t the public then they! Are in need of help.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:07 pm

Jara wrote:https://mrfrankzola.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/restart-specification-itt-v1.pdf

2.65 1-2-1 support must be delivered to Participants no less frequently than fortnightly. 1-2-1 support outside of the 4 weekly Face to Face meeting can utilise digital options if this meets the needs of the Participant. Contact should be meaningful, clearly addressing barriers to work and helping to progress the Participant. Communication via a text message(s) will not suffice.

My largest 🚧 to work, is not having my own transport. Due to the jobs in my sector being in out of the way industrial estates with poor public transport links. So no matter how many face2face meetings I have it won't effect this. The DWP 🚽 could save themselves some money and buy me a car🤔.

Pintel
Pintel

Caker and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:30 pm

By what I have read so far, it seem to be a 'Rehash" of the Work Program? Of 1-2-1 support from the provider's coaches. With the odd 'Cat 🐈sat on the mat' soft skills training. Rather than the New Deal/IAP 12x weeks of full time 'training'😵. Or the ye old 'Employment Training' scheme.
I wonder if the DWP 🚽 painted a wall. Would the DWP, a week later pay someone to paint the same wall in the same colour. As this was all the Work-Program did, the providers repeating🐦 what the JCP where a doing a.👎

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:22 pm

Driving lessons would be ideal Pintel, increase your chances of work and make life easier for you in other ways; and as such, that idea being perfectly logical, it won't wash with roach shop.But i can promise you they will have an abundance of forklift truck driving courses...i dont know why Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Then again the fork lift truck driving courses are in line with their one to one tailored help. cheers
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:58 pm

You must be in a different catchment area to me #Jobber. As I have asked for a 'telescopic forklift driving course' before, and been turned down😒.

Mind you with all the improvements in AI, many driving occupations are going to go the way of 'Chimney sweeping' & 'Roof Thatching'. If only there was a scheme to help people Retrain, to fill the skills shortages in this country 🤔... Now there's a gap in the market ❓❓❓
Pintel
Pintel

oneman and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:34 pm

Think they offer these courses to people who they know will fear them also knowing they have no interest in them Pintel. Don't forget their other great growth industry:how to be a security guard.🙃

No offence meant to anyone who is a securty guard, or who maybe wants to be one. Its just a generalisation of whats on offer at JC minus and their career opportunities that and: fork lift driving/baggage handling are the growth sectors 2022-2030.

Last edited by jobberpw on Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:02 pm

Also I seen some of these providers are a 'hinderance' rather than help. I knew some fella trying to get his SIA licence badge (security guard qualification). And he had to jump through 🔥 hoops to get it 🙄... Training instead of Straining 🤤

That reminds me, I was talking to my Roach clown once about 'training'. So I asked them if there was a list of 'training' that was JCP 🚽 approved in my area? As all of my suggestions, where not suitable. They said that they did have one handy. So I said they could email me it. Today I am still waiting for this training list😕. Maybe it is filled up with 'Cat🐈 sat on the mat' soft skills. Instead of practical 'hard skills'👷 courses, that i could use in the workplace 🤔.
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Too right their a hinderence Pintel. While on the WP MK1 doing my first sentence . Heard many conversation with provider robots trying to convince particularly younger people to do all the 12 hour warehouse shifts. For some reason, they had many problems selling that flying sour pig of an idea to me.

The best thing with their JC minus offers of, fork lift or security positions is once you complete the course. They then send you a bill to see if you want to buy the appropriate certificates.

Your braver than me Pintel. Proposing a list of available training. Thought of that gives me the shivers. No doubt as you say, plenty of cat sat on the mat will be on offer, as will, the covid-19 bus to joke fair central coming to a town near us all soon 😀👿🥱
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:49 pm

Pintel wrote:
Caker wrote:This looks like the old Work Program. Suspect

It does seem that way #Caker, with the same old names bidding for the contracts?🤔.

I knew a few people that went through the "Employment Training"(ET) in the 1980's. Where they actually got some training, that was actually useful. It lasted a year and got a 'City & Guilds' qualification in a trade. This was pre New Deal, where they removed the training, for classes in 'cat🐱 sat on the mat' training. And we all know where that went 😣...

It will be good to see 👀more information about the 'training' these provider's will deliver? I won't hold my breath, on these provider's delivering anything 👎useful. Other than lining their own pockets 💰.

I remember this scheme very well. Not only did they provide skills and qualifications you also got an extra £10 on top of your dole. Hence the name Extra Tenner scheme (ET)
Those were the days. Very Happy
oneman
oneman

Brutus, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:07 pm

It would be great to see the statistics of job outcomes/ employment rates, if you compared the 'E-T' scheme when compared to the Work-Program & New Deal scheme's 🤔. As these providers, seem to have streamlined these training courses to the bare minimum, profit🤑 before performance???
Pintel
Pintel

oneman and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:07 pm

And remember people. Once MANDATED onto this 'great opportunity' you will be fully trained to get into work quicker and, remain in it for longer.

These provider companies have miraculously found the economic secret for all businesses to give lifetime job opportunities🙄🥱.
Maybe,  this is why we have over half the country doing pizza deliveries etc and box packing while still having to claim UC 🤔. Bozo's master plan of...building back better😄

Basically what they plan is nothing more than a rinse and repeat of all the schemes which have clearly failed, come and gone as before😈.

As you rightly say Pintel. Profit is their concern which is why joke shop, send as many sheep in WP/WHP direction as is possible. More bums on seats =£.

whole system is an scam imo. Unless someone is extremely thick, my view is, it's impossible not to see the lack of quality in jobs and pay that's out there for people; paying huge rents/mortgages etc. Fine for younger generation living at home still with mum and dad.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker, oneman and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel-1 Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:27 pm

I remember doing a course like this back in the 1980s; On Floor and Wall tiling, 5 days a week 9-4 all an extra £10 a week + fares, lasted 8 weeks, ended with a job placement and full time work for the next 3 years, before I went self employed, one of the few courses that did me any good. Cool
Rebel-1
Rebel-1

jobberpw and bully3061 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:29 am

They said on news yesterday £32Bn spent on trying to stimulate UK economic growth and the chart showed 10% increase in productive growth rate over 10 years. Totally pathetic. Or was it 1%.   

So, the millions spent on training people has not effectively had a positive cause on each persons economic output...i wonder why? Could it be the great pay they were receiving or, the top quality training.  

More will have been wasted on the 'go nowhere cat sat on the mat courses' leaving people scratching their heads after their WP sentence that; what they learnt and 'achieved' wasn't worth effectively talking to the cat or dog about.

I cant imagine being 25 years old again today, and having to be forced onto these scams. Even worse, for those who already have good education must be totally demoralising. To be honest, anyone who has basic education would still see these opportunities effectively for what they are. I guess for some, who want to obtain customer service skills/experience or be put onto specific skills for building, electrical, plumbing etc for those, who wish to follow that route no doubt; there will be something positive there. But there will be so many who dont/cant; pursue those trades for a variety of reasons. And in comes the stick for those, carrot has always worked best. They're flogging a dead horse forcing people aged 55+ onto any of those courses.

There has been a technological change far before Covid and certain people have been asleep at the wheel. And here we all are and many will will remain....

Update, Joy to the world from Jobber:
Here is the answer everyone 50 pus has been longing for.  Twisted Evil  Rolling Eyes Of course it is= Sarcasm. Twisted Evil   
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/help-and-support-for-older-workers/help-and-support-for-older-workers

Last edited by jobberpw on Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker, Brutus, oneman and bully3061 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next