BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart for JSA claimants

+22
Charles1985
Mousecat
Tom tiny
Kellybrown4
Leaf
David1234
bully3061
Coconutxone
oneman
Intincroi
Archangel
scratch
fordcortina1970
Ignatius
DeafBloke
The Catwoman
Topaz
jobberpw
Pintel
mandy tori
D.Appleby
Absolut
26 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Restart for JSA claimants - Page 38 Empty Re: Restart for JSA claimants

Post by Ignatius Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:40 am

I'm not aware you are under any obligation to tell Restart you have an interview so keep your gob firmly shut.

Ignatius

oneman, The Catwoman and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:24 am

Ignatius wrote:I'm not aware you are under any obligation to tell Restart you have an interview so keep your gob firmly shut.

Your right i don't even tell them my employer details working in customer service never tell them your interview details they will check up on you once these bastards obtain your interview details they will call up pretending they are the ones set you up for this interview asking them did you attend? how did it went? so on this will set you up for big trouble or you decided not to go think smart.

Me myself been to a few interviews even the job centre doesn't require proof in the past i literally made up a few fake job interviews by text messages😉 to get my work coach of my back also show them your very active in seeking work all depends on your work coach if you have a decent one that trust every word comes out your mouth two work coaches i had didn't give a shit or a care in the world also do not allow them to write down the information i only allow them a 2 second glance phone away work coach sometimes ask did you get the job?
I said no recieved a call few days ago they required someone plenty more experience blah blah keep on trying 😂

Tip: never say to your work coach or to your advisor your getting a response by email, text or letter they will contact me by phone with the outcome this way they cannot demand to see the proof you didn't get the job.

Mousecat

oneman, The Catwoman and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:22 am

Intincroi wrote:

oneman wrote:What's wrong with the job?
It's not what I'm looking for and the last time I tried work of a similar nature (not the same job role, but some duties are similar) I lasted less than a week before they told they didn't think I was suitable and let me go.

Not getting at you Intincroi but why did you apply if it was not for you and you were not required to apply for it?
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:48 pm

oneman wrote:Not getting at you Intincroi but why did you apply if it was not for you and you were not required to apply for it?
Not a problem.  I applied for it because I couldn't think of a reason to dismiss it at the time.  It was one of those "I'll apply for it to keep them happy" moments.

Last edited by Intincroi on Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Intincroi

oneman, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:11 pm

lol, Spoken to my advisor said to her this scheme making everyone mental health issues she said  more people going to the doctors requesting sick notes she had 7 this week after the sick notes handed into us they are back to the local pub drinking thinking about doing this now thanks for the tip anyone know how to start of the process never did one before.

Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:29 pm

Jayne wrote:lol, Spoken to my advisor said to her this scheme making everyone mental health issues she said  more people going to the doctors requesting sick notes she had 7 this week after the sick notes handed into us they are back to the local pub drinking thinking about doing this now thanks for the tip anyone know how to start of the process never did one before.

You will need a medical condition that your doctor agrees will stop you from working or that working may make your condition worse or endangers other people. Do be warned as the DWP is trying to stop fit notes from doctors.

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/politics/gps-may-be-asked-to-limit-fit-notes-as-part-of-ridiculous-government-plans/
oneman
oneman

Ignatius and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:51 pm

ok people sign on today work coach asked why not universal credit? extra £15 a month why turning down £15 quidJayne I said useless at computers she looked at me very weird now wc and restart advisor think im strange.

Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:21 pm

Do they ever stop being nosey?

The Catwoman

oneman, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:44 pm

The Catwoman wrote:Do they ever stop being nosey?

I guess not
JSA is the best lecacy benefits the work roaches i have no work commitments no job search fucking easy you can even turn up late for appointments they will call you up and sign you in.

I want to go over to universal credit but knowing my pot luck will get a parasite work roach demanding me to up my work hours to 18 giving me a mental break down along the way fuck that ain't worth a extra £90 a month the hours are also upping in Autumn now is £617 before you have a light touch by your uc work roach.

September is £867 before your work roach leaves you alone in peace if you don't reach the amount of earnings a month they will make you do job search, job club etc etc bit like the restart advisors but you have x2 work roach and advisor fuck that stressful dealing with one never mind two.

Charles1985

oneman, Ignatius and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:20 am

Still no conclusion to my great Restart saga. The WC is going to take the matter to the Restart Single Point of Contact team for further advice. WC did appear to accept I had attended but was ignorant of the guidance stating that meant a start had to be registered. The fool thinks I will be re-referred. We shall see about that 😁.

Ignatius

oneman, The Catwoman and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:22 pm

You know the drill, Ignatius. I think you have grounds for your work roach to close the original referral.

Any new start would be a duplication referral. "If the duplication is discovered after the Participant has started, the referral that has the start date recorded first on PRaP is deemed correct. The Participants allotted time on the Restart Scheme will be calculated from this Start Date."

That would be your original start date. How long would you have left if this occurred and how many times have you been on the work programme in the past?

I think you started end of July last year?
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:06 pm

Restart would have ended for me nearly 2 weeks ago if the first initial appointment had been recorded as the start date. The provider then did another 2 initial appointments in a futile attempt to get me to sign the paperwork. The date of the 2nd attempt would see the Restart end date be next week, and the date of the 3rd attempt would give an end date in 2 weeks. I almost felt sorry for the WC as they tried to make sense of it all.

I struggle to see how they can re-refer me. The guidance is clear. If you attend, as I did, and the referral is valid the provider must register a start with the only permissable start date being the date of the first meeting. They can only use a DNA code if you didn't attend. I'm hoping the Restart Single Point of Contact team have a better grasp of the guidance than the WC and will realise I can't be re-referred. I bet the bastards then magic up a punishment referral to the Work and Health Programme - I haven't done that.

Ignatius

oneman, Charles1985 and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:11 pm

I should add it appears at least 7 WCs failed to notice I had not been registered as starting on Restart!!

Oneman, I am a graduate of the original Work Programme but never been on it's evil successor, the Work & Health Programme.

Ignatius

oneman, mandy tori, Charles1985 and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:54 pm

Ignatius wrote:I should add it appears at least 7 WCs failed to notice I had not been registered as starting on Restart!!

Oneman, I am a graduate of the original Work Programme but never been on it's evil successor, the Work & Health Programme.  

Me neither. When the Restart chucked me off the scheme I spoke to a manager when I raised an official complaint and he said they would overturn my unlawful sanction on a technicality. He then asked if I was refusing to do any work programme like the Work & Health Programme and I said no not at all. I was fit for work at the time so nothing ever came of it.

I don't think you will be re-referred as they have been shown to have been incompetent and as you say your original start date has now passed the one-year mark. Just raise an official complaint if they do try as it is taking about 1 year to deal with official complaints at the moment and that is before it gets escalated to the ICE or the Phso.Enquiries. They Can't sanction you and it could go on for years and years before any final verdict will be given.
Keep in touch with how things are going and we will help when and if needed. Very Happy
oneman
oneman

Ignatius, Charles1985 and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:20 pm

The beady eyed WC who spotted a start date had never been entered thinks I have missed out on some great opportunity by not doing Restart 🤮. Imagine the complaint I will have to make if the Restart SPoC team decide I can be referred again!

There are 2 types of referral to the Work and Health Programme, one for those with a health issue and another for those in fine physical fettle, apart from being unemployed. They don't miss a trick.

Ignatius

oneman and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:36 pm

Ignatius wrote:The beady eyed WC who spotted a start date had never been entered thinks I have missed out on some great opportunity by not doing Restart 🤮.  Imagine the complaint I will have to make if the Restart SPoC team decide I can be referred again!

There are 2 types of referral to the Work and Health Programme, one for those with a health issue and another for those in fine physical fettle, apart from being unemployed. They don't miss a trick.

I'm still chasing the certificates for how to wipe my arse from Avanta many years ago. lol Very Happy
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:12 pm

Never mind certificates, why don't you get a leavers prom when you complete from these high quality courses and programmes?

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:21 pm

Hey Ignatius,

Just wanted to say, you're not alone in this journey. I'm/we are here for you, even though we've never met in person. You've shown real courage and determination, facing challenges head-on. Time might be tough, but with each step, it'll get easier, ya know? You've got a good grasp of how things work with DWP, and that'll guide you to a less stressful future. Believe in yourself, mate. I'm cheerin' you on from afar. Stay strong!
We will not let you down.

oneman
oneman

The Catwoman, Ignatius and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:44 pm

Bring on basic universal credit amazing how hard we have to fight for £368 a month my work coach asked me again why are you turning down universal credit? free £15 a month that 60 pounds your missing out ontop i said i struggle with "IT" didn't give her any clue about JSA having a easy ride.

Universal credit is getting tough this Autumn 2023

Jayne

oneman, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:59 am

In the gushing style of an Oscar winner, I would like to thank all those of the forum for their ongoing support and advice throughout my never ending Great Restart Saga.

My situation is more or less identical to yours, Oneman, in that we both refused to sign paperwork at the first meeting. They differ in how our respective providers responded. Your provider grassed you up to the JCP and the matter was resolved. My provider repeatedly threatened me with the JCP, but rather than follow through on these threats they kept arranging initial appointments in the hope I would crumble and sign. Had they contacted the JCP for some advice after my first appointment this whole saga would have been resolved, in my favour, nearly a year ago.

I'm having nightmares about being referred again and the provider agreeing to register a start even if I don't sign 😭😭😭.

Ignatius

oneman and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:06 am

oneman wrote:
Ignatius wrote:The beady eyed WC who spotted a start date had never been entered thinks I have missed out on some great opportunity by not doing Restart 🤮.  Imagine the complaint I will have to make if the Restart SPoC team decide I can be referred again!

I'm still chasing the certificates for how to wipe my arse from Avanta many years ago. lol Very Happy

Haha
I'm remember back in reeds done almost every course that was years back was promised certificates also had this advisor called himself "Sergeant major" special army some bullshit it's was hilarious the tactics they use to scare us back in the old days.
He expect us to call him Sergeant everytime instead of using his name 🤣 Told him this reeds this isn't the army Barack some shit.

Last edited by Charles1985 on Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Charles1985

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:37 pm

Careful with the military stuff, Charles, you could put ideas into their heads. Oneman will never get their certificates, I will never get my leavers prom & hoody. Instead every DWP programme will end with us conscripts taking part in some North Korean style military parade, in which massive cannons fire out our CVs.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:46 pm

Ignatius wrote:Careful with the military stuff, Charles, you could put ideas into their heads. Oneman will never get their certificates, I will never get my leavers prom & hoody. Instead every DWP programme will end with us conscripts taking part in some North Korean style military parade, in which massive cannons fire out our CVs.

Job centre and restart start using ex soldiers advisors against the unemployed that would be nightmare completely different ball game imagine Ignatius, your not signing the provider paper work on the first day he or she would make you do 100 push ups in the office while everyone watching you never know how low will the tory government would go.

Charles1985

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:33 pm

Charles1985 wrote:Job centre and restart start using ex soldiers advisors against the unemployed that would be nightmare
Funnily enough there are a couple of ex-military in the Restart office which I attend. One of them I do my best to ignore and I might murmur a hi or goodbye if they acknowledge me coming or going into the office.

The so-called job club consisted of only myself today. Thankfully nothing was mentioned about the interview I thought they'd staged me for, so I kept my lips tightly shut and just said I'd not heard back from them. Slightly worrying was my advisor was phoning one or two while I was job searching, thankfully they never got round to the interview one. If they do mention it, I already have an excuse lined up, so fuck them.

While I job searching and my advisor was being a busy-body, another advisor came over, gave me the third degree and said I was using my health condition as a barrier to work. I informed them I didn't ask for this condition and they started steam rolling into generic jobs - I somewhat abruptly informed them that they clearly weren't listening to me. Basically they're giving me the "any old job we shove you into is a start on the ladder" crap and they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.

Now they're also harping on about some work capability assessment or disability assessment - but I'm sure these don't apply for JSA claimants. If anybody can advise on these and whether they are to be feared or not, I'd welcome your feedback.

Intincroi

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:15 pm

Intincroi wrote:
Charles1985 wrote:Job centre and restart start using ex soldiers advisors against the unemployed that would be nightmare
Funnily enough there are a couple of ex-military in the Restart office which I attend.  One of them I do my best to ignore and I might murmur a hi or goodbye if they acknowledge me coming or going into the office.

The so-called job club consisted of only myself today.  Thankfully nothing was mentioned about the interview I thought they'd staged me for, so I kept my lips tightly shut and just said I'd not heard back from them.  Slightly worrying was my advisor was phoning one or two while I was job searching, thankfully they never got round to the interview one.  If they do mention it, I already have an excuse lined up, so fuck them.

While I job searching and my advisor was being a busy-body, another advisor came over, gave me the third degree and said I was using my health condition as a barrier to work.  I informed them I didn't ask for this condition and they started steam rolling into generic jobs - I somewhat abruptly informed them that they clearly weren't listening to me.  Basically they're giving me the "any old job we shove you into is a start on the ladder" crap and they can stick it as far as I'm concerned.

Now they're also harping on about some work capability assessment or disability assessment - but I'm sure these don't apply for JSA claimants.  If anybody can advise on these and whether they are to be feared or not, I'd welcome your feedback.

Yes your health condition is a barrier to work and it is non of their business so tell them not to talk to you about your health. A WCA would be great for you as it would put you in the limited capacity to work group and you would be removed from Restart until you get a reply from The assesment. The WCA is taking years to get an appointment and is being scraped so it would be a great way to avoid them. You might get referred  to the other work and health scheme though? Only the DWP can request a WCA not Restart. So tell them to shove it. You will be referred to an assessment after a period of sickness beyond the allowed sick period. You can become well at any point! Starting the whole process over again. Use their system against them and stop this shitty Restart scheme.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next