BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work and Health Program

+8
oneman
The Catwoman
Georgewaste
fordcortina1970
Mousecat
Charles1985
Gallazz
Pintel
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Work and Health Program  - Page 4 Empty Re: Work and Health Program

Post by Intincroi Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:22 pm

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09072343

Is the name of Mr Rude anywhere in the list of people (you'll need to click on the People tab first)? If so, is he a director?

There are three directors listed, so write to all three of them if you can.  If Mr Rude is one of them, leave him out.

I like the ideas about a TrustPilot review, consider leaving a review on Google Maps too.  There's several reviews about the Restart shithole I went to and not a single one is positive.  Funny that.

Intincroi

jobberpw, Ignatius and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:35 pm

Sorry for another post so soon, but something caught my eye on Maximus' website.  One of the registered company names (shown at the bottom of their site) is BZ Bodies Limited.  When you look at what I assume is their website here, they seem to be promoting healthy living courses.

After visiting my doctor a while back, I was given a referral but they never said who to.  Once I received a letter, I learnt I'd been referred to Reed Wellbeing - who happen to have the same registered address as Reed Restart.  I politely told them to do one and that I'd rather suffer from ill health than have their grubby hands touching me up.

So I'm making an assumption that a lot of providers for Restart courses are now also going to be providers for so-called health providers, merely providing courses on health.  Of course I could be completely wrong and making a tit of myself by posting this.

Intincroi

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:08 pm

Are any of the excoriating reviews signed "Intincroi"?

You are not wrong with the Reed Wellbeing claptrap. Reed Wellbeing have been on active operations for years, mainly in areas such as weight loss, diabetes management and 'elfy eating. They are usually awarded contracts by local authorities and Integrated Care Boards. All sticking plaster and distraction stuff. We could make society different to make it easier for individuals to make healthier choices, or we could send individuals on a course and make them believe it is their responsibility to learn to make better choices. Given as a nation we are not a particularly healthy bunch, Reed Wellbeing seems to be as effective as improving public health as they are are at improving employment prospects. And yet the money keeps rolling in to them. There is probably quite the potential conflict of interest with a company like Reed playing Drs and Nurses with people on Restart and delivering health programmes. Doubtless the shysters use their, ahem, success at Reed Wellbeing to convince the DWP they are well suited to improving health "behaviours" in the population when they are going after DWP money, particularly given the DWP's views on health conditions.

Presumably the other big players in the Great Outsourcing Gravy Train do similar. I don't know why we don't just abolish the various government departments and have Reed, Serco, G4S instead of DWP, DHSC etc. In fact, just give them all of our money and be done with it.

Ignatius

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:09 pm

Ignatius wrote:Are any of the excoriating reviews signed "Intincroi"?

You are not wrong with the Reed Wellbeing claptrap. Reed Wellbeing have been on active operations for years, mainly in areas such as weight loss, diabetes management and 'elfy eating. They are usually awarded contracts by local authorities and Integrated Care Boards. All sticking plaster and distraction stuff.
I've yet to review Restart - I'd rather not surrender my anonymity to these cretins. I'm happier to watch them think they're flourishing, when in reality they are just at the peak before they fade away.

While my referral wasn't for what you mentioned, what you said is exactly right - a sticking plaster. While the two schemes are seemingly unrelated at first glance, it does seem sinister for Reed to be involved in helping people health and getting into employment. So to me they are just putting plasters on people, hope they come off ESA/PIP/whatever and come onto their shabby course so they can earn a cheeky employment referral bonus out of them.

Intincroi

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:50 pm

Just had a look on Reed Wellbeing and amongst the puff spotted they have a Caldicott Guardian, as is the law for health providers. I wonder if they take their Caldicott responsibilities more seriously than they do when dealing with people's personal and sensitive information on DWP schemes?

Ignatius

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:46 am

BZ Bodies Limited. Aka Busy Bodies Laughing Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

scratch and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:27 pm