BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work & Health Program and Claimant Commitments

+2
jobberpw
Pintel
6 posters

Go down

Work & Health Program and Claimant Commitments  Empty Work & Health Program and Claimant Commitments

Post by Pintel Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:44 pm

I was just reading this and wondered if applies to the new Work and Health Program and the Claimant commitment? As it was posted on the 16/12/2019 on the’ What do they know’ site? As there is no mention of this new scheme, and if it is effect by this piece?   cyclops

"Work Programme Claimant Commitments
Note: The last date for referrals to the Work Programme is 31 March 2017. However,
it is recommended that last referrals take place by 29 March 2017 to allow time to
rectify incorrect referrals before opportunities are removed. All claimants referred up
to this date will remain on the Work Programme for 2 years (all other aspects of the
service will continue as usual).
9.  Claimants who are due to be referred to the Work Programme need to have a
Work Programme Claimant Commitment (WPCC).
10. Claimant’s who already have a CC in place must have this reviewed and turned in
to a WPCC during the Work Programme referral interview.
12. The WPCC allows selection of 3 new options in the ‘My Actions for Getting Work’
part of the CC. All three options must be selected for all claimant’s being referred to
the Work Programme.
Changes required to Claimant Commitments for Work Programme
participants
13. JSA Work Programme participants may ask for their CC to be changed at any
time during their time on the Work Programme. In these cases, immediately refer the
Claimant to a Work Coach.
14. The proposed changes must be discussed with the claimant and where helpful to
do so the Work Programme Provider contacted to seek clarification about the
changes the participant wants making to their CC.
15. As Providers are not contractually obliged to share this information, there might
be instances where a provider is not able to enter in to a discussion about the
activities they have asked the participant to carry out. If this occurs, then what is
believed to be reasonable based on information provided by the claimant must be
agreed. The important thing is to make sure that the CC remains relevant and helpful
and not at odds with what the provider wants the claimant to do.
16. Ordinarily, changes requested by claimants are few and far between and where
requested should generally be agreed.
17. However, if we cannot agree that these changes are reasonable – even after
speaking with the provider, and the claimant is unhappy with our decision not to take
the changes into account, follow the usual processes for disputed Claimant
Commitments. "

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/jsa_and_uc_creating_and_maintain?nocache=incoming-1486340#incoming-1486340

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/621126/response/1486340/attach/html/2/Claimant%20commitment.pdf.html
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Work & Health Program and Claimant Commitments  Empty Re: Work & Health Program and Claimant Commitments

Post by jobberpw Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi Pintel, I'd like to turn this around on the moronsThey say: "11. It is important that it is a WPCC being completed as the wording on the template
will change to help make sure claimants fully understand their responsibilities to both
the WP Provider and also Jobcentre Plus."

And ask, do they realize and know their responsibilities to a claimant, member of the public, etc while a claimant is sent off into wonderland to partake in building paper plane games on work provider premises.

Thanks for the info Pintel and very interesting Cool Mad indeed.

jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Work & Health Program and Claimant Commitments  Empty Re: Work & Health Program and Claimant Commitments

Post by Admin Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:47 am

just remeber the old reference if sent to a provider

you do not have to disclose any information to them or sign any documents with them

they can say what they want they are not a job center advier do not hold the power of a jsa official
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:44 pm

In the interest of clarity, does anyone know what exact power the WHP providers work-coach has? As when I was on the 'Work-Program' my coach their thought they had the power of the JCP employee, to which they have not. So it would be good to know what they can and can't do offically?   clown

Here's some FOI about what you said about 'signing any documents' with these people.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/448380/response/1119550/attach/html/2/FoI%205283%20IR%20662%20IR%2053%20reply.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_and_health_programme_forms

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/cy/request/work_and_health_programme_partic_2
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Pintel wrote:In the interest of clarity, does anyone know what exact power the WHP providers work-coach has? As when I was on the 'Work-Program' my coach their thought they had the power of the JCP employee, to which they have not. So it would be good to know what they can and can't do offically?   clown

Here's some FOI about what you said about 'signing any documents' with these people.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/448380/response/1119550/attach/html/2/FoI%205283%20IR%20662%20IR%2053%20reply.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_and_health_programme_forms

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/cy/request/work_and_health_programme_partic_2

This link to Work and Health Programme Provider Guidance Chapter 8: Raising a Compliance Doubt for LTU Participants should address your question:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/802632/whp-provider-guidance-chapter-8-compliance-doubt.pdf

Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks @Committed Claimant. It seem to me on pg 6, most of it is "“Participation" of the claimant, and they(the WHP) can only refer back to the work-coach, to raise a  'Compliance Doubt'. It also opens the question to what is "any activities the provider tells you to do"  cyclops ? Hope this doesn't include jumping of a cliff... Work & Health Program and Claimant Commitments  220830807

"Failure to take part in the Work and Health Programme
18. A Participant who, without good reason, does not attend mandated activity or who does not take part fully or who is asked to leave because of inappropriate behaviour will have failed to comply. This may be where they do not attend a mandated activity or refuse to take part fully. This could also include where they leave voluntarily or are asked to leave due to inappropriate behaviour.

19. Participation can be given a very broad meaning as the Participant is informed when selected to participate in the WHP that their responsibilities are to: • make the most of the help the provider gives • treat the provider and other Participants politely, fairly and considerately • attend meetings or take phone calls at the times agreed • complete any activities the provider tells you to do.

20. Therefore, 'participation' can include attending interviews and appointments at an agreed time with the provider, as long as the Participant is duly notified."
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Just an update on the situation.
I didn't attend my initial assessment appointment with the provider that was meant to be today. Later in the day received a text message from them saying that it is rebooked for next Friday. Not a word mentioned about it being mandatory or if they have contacted JC about today.

Ginger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Ginger wrote:Just an update on the situation.
I didn't attend my initial assessment appointment with the provider that was meant to be today. Later in the day received a text message from them saying that it is rebooked for next Friday.

I've heard of that happening - it was someone on this forum or Welfare Central. What makes them think you'll go to that appointment when you didn't go to the first? Guess they're just piling on the pressure, hoping that you'll cave.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:11 pm

Latest update post from Ginger,

In the interest of continuity, I have copied it over to the thread you started yourself on the matter.

Ginger wrote:Just an update on the situation.
I didn't attend my initial assessment appointment with the provider that was meant to be today. Later in the day received a text message from them saying that it is rebooked for next Friday. Not a word mentioned about it being mandatory or if they have contacted JC about today.

It is a courageous step that you have taken and respect to you for taking it.

If you mean to go on as you’ve started ignore any attempts by the provider to contact or engage with you.

JCP will doubtless be on to you ere long, probably formulating their strategy as we speak.

Be firm with them over the phone if they try to put you on the spot.

Insist that you have no idea what those people want, you didn’t invite them to harass you. As far as you’re concerned, they should not be in legal possession of your personal information and would like enquire as to who gave it to them without your consent.

PS.
When is your next scheduled appointment with your Jobcentre coach by the way?
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:58 pm

Committed Claimant wrote:When is your next scheduled appointment with your Jobcentre coach by the way?

My next appointment is on Monday 6th January. It should've been on the 23rd December but they are closed.

Ginger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down