BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work and Health Program

+8
oneman
The Catwoman
Georgewaste
fordcortina1970
Mousecat
Charles1985
Gallazz
Pintel
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Work and Health Program  - Page 3 Empty Re: Work and Health Program

Post by oneman Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:02 pm

Anya wrote:He said I had not engaged with my work and health programme work coach. No I do not currently claim PIP. I have tried though, but they refused it. I will try to apply again, but when I am feeling more ready for filling in a big long form

Don't give up. The DWP always refuse your first claim for PIP. It's a delay tactic they have been using for years.
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:22 pm

And now guess what? Mr Rude Man is now my new jobcoach, because Mrs..... can't cope with me anymore! He's going to call me in two weeks to do an action plan with me. He wants me to do a CV but I have no printer, so I asked if I could email him a copy of the CV and he said no, so I have no way of getting it to him.

Anya

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:08 pm

If yo didn't want to email it he would refuse the paper CV..they love being difficult.

The Catwoman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:36 pm

Anya wrote:And now guess what? Mr Rude Man is now my new jobcoach, because Mrs..... can't cope with me anymore! He's going to call me in two weeks to do an action plan with me. He wants me to do a CV but I have no printer, so I asked if I could email him a copy of the CV and he said no, so I have no way of getting it to him.

Never give them a copy of your CV. They will abuse it. Only show them that you have an up-to-date one. They have no right to own a copy of your CV. So never let them have one. If you need one then make your own or ask your job center work roach to get you an appointment with their careers advice service, that they have and they will arrange to do one with you. Do not go through Restart!
please see the other thread. I will post a link after.
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:41 pm

He basically said my CV was shit, even though I had someone who worked in recruitment look at it for me, and the recruitment man said it was fine. I really don't feel comfortable with Mr Rude Man being my new jobcoach at Work and Health programme. I did send them email to say that I wasn't happy with his rude language towards me, but HE REPLIED, and said that I said I was happy to be on the program! Is it worth asking my jobcentre work coach to remove me from the programme, or should I just ask for a different work coach for the work programme?

Last edited by Anya on Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:46 pm

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4958p50-threatened-with-a-failure-to-participate-for-not-handing-over-my-resume#19216. Here is the link.

If your CV is good but he is complaining then ask your job centre Work roach to ask there careers advice to take a look at it and see what they say and fix it if need be.. If the JC says it is good then the nasty Restart parasite will have to accept it and no sanction can be issued.

Never give a copy to either. Just show them you have one that is up to date.

You will have to put in an official complaint to your JC and the Restart scheme to get anywhere, CC your MP as well.

E-mail back and remove all consent and tell them why. It's the only way to deal with this scum. You will not be sanctioned for doing this but it scares the shit out of then when they realise what they have done.

No consent. No contract. No contract no money for them.

Last edited by oneman on Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:53 pm

Anya wrote:He basically said my CV was shit, even though I had someone who worked in recruitment look at it for me, and the recruitment man said it was fine. I really don't feel comfortable with Mr Rude Man being my new jobcoach at Work and Health programme. I did send them email to say that I wasn't happy with his rude language towards me, but HE REPLIED, and said that I said I was happy to be on the program!

Dear

Thank you for your Freedom of Information (FoI) request received on 4th November. You
wrote:

“Please disclose a copy of the DWP guidance and operational procedures for managing
and retaining copies of UC, ESA and JSA claimant's CVs. Please also provide
information on how UC, ESA and JSA benefit claimants can request a copy of their CV
be erased, whether held clerically or electronically including when uploaded to an
individual's UC account.

When a claimant provides a new or more up to date CV, than the one already held by the
DWP, what process/actions should they and the DWP follow to get the now less accurate
CV erased, whether held clerically or electronically including when uploaded to an
individual's UC account?

How long does the DWP retain a copy of UC, ESA and JSA claimant's CV/CVs, be they
held clerically or electronically, including when uploaded to an individual's UC account?

Due to the GDPR and Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 does the DWP need claimant
consent to share a copy of their CV, when held, with DWP contractors providing
employment-support services on behalf of the DWP or any Third Party who is not a DWP
Data Processor?

What sections of regulations or legislation make it a benefit entitlement condition for a
UC, ESA and JSA claimant to provide the DWP with a copy of their CV and or create a
new one or up date an existing CV and then provide the DWP with a copy of the new or
updated CV?

For UC what sections of regulations or legislation make it a benefit entitlement condition
for a UC claimant to provide the DWP with a copy of their CV by uploading a copy to their
UC account?

For UC, ESA and JSA entitlement requirements which sections of regulations or
legislation explicitly refer to a Curriculum Vitae (CV) ?

Can a claimant choose to show a copy of their up to date CV on a claimant's own device

or as a paper copy of the CV they hand out when making speculative job applications,
rather giving a digital copy for the DWP to retain?”

DWP Response

I can confirm that we hold information relating to your request.

There is no requirement for ESA and JSA claimants to provide copies of their CV, so no
specific instructions exist. However, they may provide one if they choose to take up the
offer of the CV Job Broking Service. The attached PDF instructions explain that process.

Universal Credit

Regarding questions 1 – 3, there is no UC guidance on managing and retaining copies of
a claimant’s CV. CVs are held electronically and can be erased/removed from the UC
service at the request of the claimant. The UC service can store up to 6 CVs, and will be
held on the system electronically for the duration of the claim.
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:03 pm

If you are ok with showing them your CV then the jobcentre may print it out for you, or your local library will have printing facilities. Even better, there will be a printer in your Work Programme office and I'm pretty sure they could print it out for you if they were desperate for a copy.

As others have pointed out, it is your choice and your choice alone if you want them to keep a copy of your CV, although I appreciate it's not easy dealing with a bully. Like Catwoman said, he's just being awkward for the sake of it. Just make clear at your next jobcentre appointment that you offered to email Mr Rude your CV but he declined and said you must print it out. The jobcentre will see he is just being awkward and should be sympathetic to you, particularly if other professionals think your CV is impressive.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:08 pm

Ignatius wrote:If you are ok with showing them your CV then the jobcentre may print it out for you, or your local library will have printing facilities. Even better, there will be a printer in your Work Programme office and I'm pretty sure they could print it out for you if they were desperate for a copy.

As others have pointed out, it is your choice and your choice alone if you want them to keep a copy of your CV, although I appreciate it's not easy dealing with a bully. Like Catwoman said, he's just being awkward for the sake of it. Just make clear at your next jobcentre appointment that you offered to email Mr Rude your CV but he declined and said you must print it out. The job centre will see he is just being awkward and should be sympathetic to you, particularly if other professionals think your CV is impressive.

NO NO NO! Never give them a copy of you CV. Only show them. If they say they need it for job search then ask them to provide the details to you and you will contact the employer.
oneman
oneman

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:40 pm

Inexcusable gaffe on my part. Should have been clearer. By "give", i really mean give it them it to read, rather than keep. If they ask to keep a copy, that is your decision to make, not theirs. Probably not a good idea to eat them keep it because they will apply for jobs they think are suitable for you, not jobs you would necessarily apply for yourself.

Ignatius

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:41 pm

Ignatius wrote:Inexcusable gaffe on my part. Should have been clearer. By "give", i really mean give it them it to read, rather than keep. If they ask to keep a copy, that is your decision to make, not theirs. Probably not a good idea to eat them keep it because they will apply for jobs they think are suitable for you, not jobs you would necessarily apply for yourself.

LOL. Very Happy Wink
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:59 pm

The first man I saw there, my first appointment at Work and Health thing, he went into details with me about my disabilities and limitations, what I can do, what I can't. He was Ex Recruitment Worker Guy who told me that my CV was great. He said "Can I see it? Would you mind if I keep a copy on our records?" I said as long as you give me my copy back as I only have three! He was really clear on what he expected me to do, then I got Mrs...... and now I've got Mr Rude Man. If I could see the first man again, it wouldn't be bad, because he explained everything the whole way along. But he looks after people on Pioneer and I think I'm on the other one, because thats why he passed me over to Mrs.....

Anya

Ignatius and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:02 pm

oneman wrote:
Ignatius wrote:Inexcusable gaffe on my part. Should have been clearer. By "give", i really mean give it them it to read, rather than keep. If they ask to keep a copy, that is your decision to make, not theirs. Probably not a good idea to eat them keep it because they will apply for jobs they think are suitable for you, not jobs you would necessarily apply for yourself.

LOL. Very Happy Wink

Yes they actually do that! My first job adviser at the job center, she insisted that I should be a carer, because I worked in a care home KITCHEN! I never even saw the carers! So I spent my first part of my time in England applying for carer's jobs just to shut her up. Then she left and the lady I see now at the jobcenter is lovely. I have actually reached out to a supervisor at the Work and Health thing, who helped me when Mrs.... started bullying me

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:38 pm

I complained by email about Mr Rude being rude to me, and HE REPLIED BACK saying as he is the manager of my local Maximus where I attend, he won't be taking this complaint further. I wanted to go higher, so I called Maximus. They said they don't have any record of me so they can't take my complaint. When I called them in November to ask some questions I couldn't get answered by my job coach, they couldn't find me on their system then either. They said then that they would get a manager to call me back. She did. She was lovely, and sorted it out. She is the reason I get telephone calls from them now instead of having to go there. This time they just refused to take the complaint at all

Anya

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:19 pm

Raise an official complaint with your job centre. They won't be able to ignore that. If they then try to pass the buck then I would get my MP involved. To be honest I would CC you MP on everything regarding complaints with Restart and the job centre.

For complaints about Jobseeker’s Allowance and Universal Credit, you can also make a complaint online.
https://makeacomplaint.dwp.gov.uk/
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:00 pm

Mr Rude Man, he emailed the jobcentre after he spoke to me, and he was telling lies in the email. Some of the things he said I am scared to repeat. I don't know if the jobcentre will believe me. As a manager of a Maximus centre, I think they will definitely believe this man over me

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:26 pm

I have just written to my local MP. I don't think anything will come of it, but I have done it anyway

Anya

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:59 pm

Maximus are being arses. Good on you for contacting your MP. If previous advisors have been happy with you then Mr Rude's real problem is with his colleagues for not doing things to his liking. If you've only got 3 paper copies of your CV then Maximus should be more than happy to print you some more - providers used to be ok with doing that in case you need to hand them to employers. The jobcentre might surprise you. They are used to the likes of Maximus telling tales so may not necessarily believe everything they claim. Your jobcentre should be happy about your voluntary work and I suspect they would like you to continue with that as it could help your job prospects. Maximus could arrange appointments that are on a different day if they really wanted to - tell the jobcentre they are being awkward about this.

Ignatius

designergas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:07 pm

At the moment the jobcentre are believing Mr Rude Man over me. I am going to the jobcentre on Wednesday. Mr Rude Man told me the jobcentre have already stopped my payments, and laughed at me. He said that my disability, cerebral palsy and a cyst in my brain, he said "You shouldn't be getting benefit for that, because its not classed as a disability." I'm sorry if this post offends anyone, but this is what he said. This is the first and only time, that I have had the courage to tell anyone that bit of what he said, apart from the MP. It scares me that he can talk like that about a disabled person

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:05 pm

Anya wrote:Mr Rude Man, he emailed the jobcentre after he spoke to me, and he was telling lies in the email. Some of the things he said I am scared to repeat. I don't know if the jobcentre will believe me. As a manager of a Maximus centre, I think they will definitely believe this man over me
Have you followed their complaint procedure shown on this page and did you email quality@maximusuk.co.uk? If not, then do so, as well as sending a recorded letter to the address shown on the link I've found: Maximus UK Quality Assurance Team, 18c Meridian East, Meridian Business Park, Leicester LE19 1WZ

I know posting stuff by recorded delivery isn't cheap, but it's one way you can guarantee to yourself that the letter will almost certainly be delivered.  If you want a 100% guarantee, use special delivery - but I wouldn't as it's not a legal letter, so just use second class recorded.

Intincroi

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:46 pm

Intincroi thank you for that address. I did send the email complaint to that email address, but HE answered it! I will send a written copy to the address that you kindly provided. I will draft it today. Thank you!

Anya

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:32 pm

Me Rude really shouldn't be mocking and belittling your health problems, and he will probably deny doing so. He is truly odious. Have you given thought to recording your conversations with him? He sounds like a piece of work and if you recorded him coming out with stuff like that even Maximus would struggle to defend him.

Keep your complaint letter to the point, and always give dates for when incidents have occurred - apologies if you know this. Also, let them know you have contacted your MP. They don't care about how they treat you, but they do care about being found out and will likely tread carefully if they think your MP is involved.

Ignatius

designergas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:45 pm

My MP probably won't do anything at all, but I hope its good to make Mr Rude Man think they will. I have to go to the jobcentre on Wednesday, and at the moment they are believing him over me, due to the rude email he sent about me to them, with a load of lies about me in it. He wrote that I did not engage with my work coach at Maximus for three months. Half the time she didn't call me when she said she would, and that evening, I would get text saying "Your next appointment is on...." but during the time period, she also called me nine times. And its MY fault for not engaging with her! Then it all stopped, and I get him calling me after I requested a manager to call me back. He told me that he won't be taking my complaint any further, due to the fact that HE IS THE MANAGER! I actually thought I would be able to stop meetings with my mental health provider, but after Mr Rude Man pushed me over the edge, I have to talk to them nearly every day! My mental health provider actually wanted to sign me off, but they won't do that now!

Anya

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:08 am

You need to get an official reply in writing so you can go to the ICE if you get no further forward with maximum uk. Did you inform them that there is a conflict of interest with Mr rude man dealing with your complaint?

Leave a review on trustpilot and you should get your own personal investigation in the reply.
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:09 am

oneman wrote:You need to get an official reply in writing so you can go to the ICE if you get no further forward with maximum uk. Did you inform them that there is a conflict of interest with Mr rude man dealing with your complaint?

Leave a review on trustpilot and you should get your own personal investigation in the reply.

Yes I did tell them I felt unsafe with Mr Rude answering my complaint. I did ring back and ask for another manager, higher up, to call me back, but they haven't done that yet

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next