BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work and Health Program

+8
oneman
The Catwoman
Georgewaste
fordcortina1970
Mousecat
Charles1985
Gallazz
Pintel
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Work and Health Program  Empty Work and Health Program

Post by Anya Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:58 pm

I'm new here and I have been referred to Work and Health Program. I'll try to keep it short, but I want to give anyone who sees this my own experience as I don't know what other people have experienced. The job centre said they were referring me to one of two programs. They didn't explain the difference to me between the two, so I don't even know now if there are any differences. Then after I had had a first telephone call to register me, they called me again, and I couldn't talk to them at the time because I was in a mental health meeting, so they didn't call me back the next week like they said they would. Then I had to go to a town ten miles away. I can't travel alone because of my disability, and I don't feel safe going too far. The job centre couldn't even give me a piece of paper with Maximus's address or telephone number on and as it happens, neither can Maximus! I went along, met a lovely man who did induction with me, and then I had to go back to the local job centre, who said that they had made a mistake and referred me to the wrong program. I needed to be referred to the other one. I went today along to meet another different job coach at Maximus, that will be the fourth different one in under a month! I told them I am already doing voluntary work, and I am already for nearly a year, seeing a mental health organisation for help with my mental health, BUT they insisted on referring me to another mental health help organisation, but the one I'm already with is a big organisation, not a private just one person effort. I feel like I am just a statistic to them, and I feel like I have been given less respoect that ever. I have to go there weekly, and as I only get less than £60 a week, it will make me go bankrupt. YES they did pay me the bus fare the first time I went, but because I got a return instead of two singles and it came to nearly £7, they said no we can't refund your bus fare this time if its over £5. I am expected to go there weekly, which I feel very unsafe about, as I struggle to leave the house, and they know that, but they are not interested. My mother who is my carer is finding it hard to get time off work to travel with me there every week. Has anyone got any advice for me? I hope this post is understood well, as English is not my first language and I have never met anyone else who has been referred to the Work and Health program. Thank you

Anya

jobberpw, Ignatius, Mousecat and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Work and Health Program  Empty Re: Work and Health Program

Post by Pintel Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:47 pm

Hi #Anya, welcome to the forum.

There plenty on the Work Program

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/f16-programmes-schemes-courses

Just to go through it. The programs sounds like the Work & Health program & Restart ( kickstar if under 25yrs?) .
Some issues with the JCP, should of given you clear instructions on how to find the provider. And if you're sent on a program, you shouldn't be out of pocket. As long as you're using the cheapest method there. Speak to your Work roach, or log it in your UC journal. They are no doubt getting a good financial package, for you being on there books.

Let us know how you get on.

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:56 pm

I have read some of the posts on that part of the forum. It sounds horrifying. I am on ESA so I don't have a journal. I don't even have a telephone number for the provider, and the job center can't give me one, as they don't have! Luckily the place where I go to the program, they have the name of the building written on the side of the building, so I know I have the right place. I'm 38. They said they do pay your travel expenses, but only the first time, and then if its over a certain amount, they can't. I understand that why they can't. However, my local job adviser said they could do telephone appointments at Maximus, or the jobcoach from there would come to my local jobcentre to see me. Oh no, that's not happening. I explained that I don't have the money to travel two hours there and two hours back on a bus, every week, but they said oh we can't pay your bus fare any more after the first time. I'm not moaning, I just feel like I am a statistic to them. Before the war, in Ukraine, I worked as an English teacher. But the jobcentre say that because I didn't qualify as a teacher IN ENGLAND, I can't teach English to Ukrainian soldiers here who are working to train people at the local army barracks. But I will fight it. I don't know how, but I will

Anya

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:02 pm

Hello Anya

You say your appointments are 10 miles away. If you had to rely on public transport to get there, do you know how long it would take for you to travel from your front door to the providers office? Include walking to/from bus stop, reasonable waiting time for bus. Is the total for each journey in excess of 90 minutes? If so, jobcentre rules may be in your favour as they are not supposed to send you on courses/schemes unless they meet the 90 minute rule. The fact your mother is sometimes able to give you a lift is irrelevant here. The jobcentre and Maximus will rely on people not knowing this rule.

Lord Pintel is correct. As long as you don't arrive in a helicopter, Maximus MUST reimburse all your travel expenses EACH and EVERY time they require you to attend their office.

They are required to give you their full contact details - phone number, address and email.

They may also be required to make reasonable adjustments for your health conditions. Telephone appointments are one such example as they would allow you to participate but not aggravate your health by requiring you to travel. If the jobcentre are happy for you to have phone appointments then what is Maximus's problem?

I actually think you are probably wasting your time trying to reason with Maximus/jobcentre. You may have better luck making an appointment to see your local MP. I've read some shocking things about the Work and Health Programme but the bits you've posted have shocked me some more. I hope this doesn't sound patronising but you find yourself living here due to the worst imaginable circumstances. You have been volunteering, have health issues, a professional qualification, yet Maximus take you for an idiot and say they don't have to pay your bus fare or tell you how to contact them?? The jobcentre don't have a phone number for Maximus?? Oh yes they do. 😡

Over the next few days I will have a re-read of the actual, proper rules, not the made up Maximus rules so you can be better informed about your rights. Yes, you do have some.

If you don't know how to contact your local MP, say so and we can tell you how. It may not get you taken off the Work and Health Programme but you will probably end up being treated better.

Ignatius

jobberpw and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:11 pm

Thank you all for your assistance. In answer to you Ignatius, it takes me two hours to walk to the bus stop, get the bus and walk to the office, and then another two hours on the way back. My mother doesn't drive, she accompanies me on the bus as I must not travel on my own. Yes I trust that Lord Pintel is correct, but I wish I did have a helicopter! That would be fun! But I can't even drive a car, so I might not be safe in the air. Heehee. oops. When I asked Maximus for a telephone number, they said that they DIDN'T HAVE ONE at their local office. I don't have my own telephone, but my mother has a landline that we both use. The jobcentre have also treated me like an idiot, but a previous provider they put me with before Maximus, the provider said "If you have a voluntary work, and also another one at the local food bank, we can't help you!" I thought thank God for that, because I didn't want to go with them anyway. The person they referred me to with that provider, I knew her and she had bullied me since I arrived in England. When I mentioned what disability I have, a hole inside my brain where I didn't get enough oxygen when I was born, the previous provider said, "We can heal you!" I said well my doctors have been trying to do that for 38 years and they haven't any luck so far." Some people! Thank you everyone for your understanding and kind comments

Anya

Caker, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:05 pm

The job centre's actual words to me were "Because this is a new program, we don't have any literature with their address on". So I asked do you have a telephone number, so I can call Maximus and ask them where I need to go? They said "no we don't" so I GOOGLED IT and found the address of the place where I needed to go. Then I went to maximus and I asked the second job coach I had seen in as many weeks, Have you got telephone number for THIS OFFICE rather than your head office? "No we don't have a telephone number for this office." Okay, well.....
I'll just leave that here, for everyone to enjoy!

Anya

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:21 pm

"Still, the situation remains frustratingly unchanged, with a recurring cycle of individuals being funneled into seemingly endless training programs, primarily for the benefit of program providers seeking financial gain.

If these courses led to gainful employment, especially in a job market that has shown little improvement over the past 13 years, they might have been a positive initiative, provided that they offered relevant and effective training. Unfortunately, that's not the case. It seems that the system prefers to perpetuate this cycle of inefficiency, despite more and more people, including those involuntarily caught up in it, realizing the underlying motives.

A poorly managed economy with a surplus of low-wage, low-skilled jobs is at the heart of the issue. This is what we seem to excel at. While there's nothing wrong with working in coffee bars, it won't help you save for a home, pay your rent, or build a fulfilling life, unless you intend to live with your parents indefinitely. If I were young again, that's probably where I'd be too. End of rant."

Can wait to to see the latest stats on all this. Anyone looking forward to the budget Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
jobberpw
jobberpw

Charles1985 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:41 pm

Jobberpw I tend to agree with you. I don't want to see the budget. And get this! They want me to go to one of their mental health providers AS WELL AS the one that I am already registered with. Which means I would be travelling four hours, two there and then two back, TWICE A WEEK! The job centre originally set me up with a mental health provider, so I stayed with them.

Anya

jobberpw and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:58 pm

They are going to refer me to something called RAM, because I said that I would need a job where I am sitting down, like a secretarial job, or teaching, because of my hip defects and back problems due to the way I was born. Does anyone know what RAM is? I don't! Also the action plan they typed up while I was speaking to them, I said can I have a copy of it to show the job centre, as they were asking for one when I get it, I got a copy, and it's all wrong. Half the things on there that she said I have agreed to, I didn't agree to it! I wasn't able to read it before I signed, because they wouldn't let me. I only read it when I got home. I'm not happy, but I can't complain to anyone until next week when they telephone me. I will say to them, "I can't show this to the jobcentre, as its nearly all wrong. You should have let me read it before I signed it." Also she used the term "side hustle" during our interview. I had no idea what that meant. Firstly I have never used or heard that expression before, and I speak Russian at home with my family, so I'm sitting there looking at her with a face that says "What the hell does that mean?" but she didn't explain it. I had to go home and google "side hustle." Now I'm even more confused. How can someone who they want to put into full time work, who has limitations, do a side hustle as well? I don't have the energy to do a full time job, but if I got one, I would do my best. So now they expect me to side hustle as well! Errrrm, I think its time for Work and Health Program  507219341 Yes I have heard that one before Smile
Am I allowed to post some things from the action plan they made with me? What I actually said, and what they wrote? If not, I won't do it, but I'm just asking to see what other people think. Thank you

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:27 am

Anya wrote:They are going to refer me to something called RAM, because I said that I would need a job where I am sitting down, like a secretarial job, or teaching, because of my hip defects and back problems due to the way I was born. Does anyone know what RAM is? I don't! Also the action plan they typed up while I was speaking to them, I said can I have a copy of it to show the job centre, as they were asking for one when I get it, I got a copy, and it's all wrong. Half the things on there that she said I have agreed to, I didn't agree to it! I wasn't able to read it before I signed, because they wouldn't let me. I only read it when I got home. I'm not happy, but I can't complain to anyone until next week when they telephone me. I will say to them, "I can't show this to the jobcentre, as its nearly all wrong. You should have let me read it before I signed it." Also she used the term "side hustle" during our interview. I had no idea what that meant. Firstly I have never used or heard that expression before, and I speak Russian at home with my family, so I'm sitting there looking at her with a face that says "What the hell does that mean?" but she didn't explain it. I had to go home and google "side hustle." Now I'm even more confused. How can someone who they want to put into full time work, who has limitations, do a side hustle as well? I don't have the energy to do a full time job, but if I got one, I would do my best. So now they expect me to side hustle as well! Errrrm, I think its time for Work and Health Program  507219341 Yes I have heard that one before Smile
Am I allowed to post some things from the action plan they made with me? What I actually said, and what they wrote? If not, I won't do it, but I'm just asking to see what other people think. Thank you

This is shocking the treatment these providers are desperately doing to people. They are damaging people's mental health.
Next appointment, ask for your consent forms to be withdrawn under GDPR, well within your rights, before they go full hands on you with your personal data sharing, hoping to land you any job. This stops your advisor completely getting you job interviews and setting you up for jobs.

Don't sign any action plans until you read them through. They will throw a pen and sign it. Sneaky bastards trying to catch you out have happened to me a few times. I tell the advisor to edit it, remove it, and reprint it to waste the provider's ink and paper if they say you cannot read it now say I'm not signing it they only have 30 minutes tops for each face to face appointments take as long as you can protest sit there. 

Also, the less you say to your advisor, the better. No comment seems to be the way forward now. They will force you to work full-time because this is how the provider gets paid for the job outcome look for your own work part time or self-employed your life not your asshole advisor life.

Mousecat

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:17 am

Thank you Mousecat. She said to me that I had consented to be referred to Maximus's own mental health program, but as I am already attending Catalyst, I said I would like to continue with them. Also because I mentioned my mobility issues, she said that I should need to be referred to a program called RAM, due to the fact that I would need a sitting-down job. Does anyone know what RAM is? Is it a medical assessment? According to the jobcentre, and DWP, my next assessment is not until July of 2024. Should I be worried? She wouldn't let me read the action plan through before she printed it. When I got home I read it, and I was so horrified I had a panic attack in the shower! I just read what you said about appointment time. They kept me there for hour and half, and she used some can I say, 2020s slang terms, that I did not understand. I came to this country from a warzone, and I feel less safe here than I did in Ukraine.

Anya

jobberpw and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:00 am

Anya wrote:Thank you Mousecat. She said to me that I had consented to be referred to Maximus's own mental health program, but as I am already attending Catalyst, I said I would like to continue with them. Also because I mentioned my mobility issues, she said that I should need to be referred to a program called RAM, due to the fact that I would need a sitting-down job. Does anyone know what RAM is? Is it a medical assessment? According to the jobcentre, and DWP, my next assessment is not until July of 2024. Should I be worried? She wouldn't let me read the action plan through before she printed it. When I got home I read it, and I was so horrified I had a panic attack in the shower! I just read what you said about appointment time. They kept me there for hour and half, and she used some can I say, 2020s slang terms, that I did not understand. I came to this country from a warzone, and I feel less safe here than I did in Ukraine.

Hi Anya,

That is horrific!

I do have some good news for you, though: if you're on ESA or LCW on Universal Credit, you don't actually have to attend the Work and Health Programme. Is this the programme you're on currently? You can only be mandated to attend the WHP (ie have your benefits stopped for not attending) if you're on JSA or the Intensive Work Search Regime on Universal Credit.

Not to pry into your history too much but are you on contributions-based ESA and not Universal Credit? I'm asking because I thought it was more likely that you'd be on Universal Credit given that you've only been in the UK for a short time.

If you tell your work coach that you've had a panic attack because of your WHP advisor's behaviour, they should tell you that it's voluntary and that you can stop attending if it's making you feel worse. However, it's not uncommon for work coaches to lie to claimants to make them do what they want, and they do like to get people on employment programmes. So if they told you that you had to stay on the WHP, that would be why.

Your other options are to stop attending, or if you don't want to stop going, write to your WHP provider to withdraw your consent for them to share or gather from your personal data. This means they don't get a payment if you move into work and they can't pass your details onto third parties, so they don't bother with you much or at all.

There's a lot of information about the WHP on these pages:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/work-and-health-programme-including-jets-provider-guidance/chapter-2-participant-identification-eligibility-and-referral

Gallazz

jobberpw, Mousecat and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:41 am

Thank you! I am so glad I found this forum! I have got more advice out of these lovely people than I ever had from Maximus! I am on income based ESA, I believe. My work coach at the jobcentre where I go is actually really nice, a lot better than the previous one. At Maximus when I did induction I had a very nice work coach and he took time understanding me and take details of my actual disability. When I told him, he had heard of it, but he didn't have a full understanding of it, so he googled it and read a lot about it while I was in the room! I really felt that he understood me and he didn't make fun of me when I said I needed a sitting-down job! However this one, she asked about my disability and why would I need sitting-down job? There are lots of jobs that people do while sitting down, so I explained the nature of my disability. Then the man I saw last time came into the office, and asked me how I was. She cut me off when I answered him and said "Can we get back to the questions? We're not here for pleasantries!" I wanted to ask, on here, are they allowed on the work and health program, to complete medical and mental health assessment with me? That's what she wants to do the next time I attend, and its freaking me out. Also the induction work coach, he agreed with me that I should attend every two weeks, however this one is insisting that I agreed to weekly. I have drafted a complaint email, but am scared to send it, as it might get back to her and she would cause problems for me. I feel a lot better about having written down all the things that I did not agree to, that she wrote that I HAVE agreed to, on the action plan. When I asked can I read it before I sign, she said no we don't have time for that, my next client is here. Its not as if I sit at home on my bum doing nothing all day but she thinks so!

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:00 pm

Thank you Gallazz. You write that "you don't actually have to attend the Work and Health Programme" does that mean that I would be entitled to telephone appointments? Do I have to discuss medical things with them? That's what she wants to do at my next appointment. I don't feel comfortable discussing my medical business with someone who writes that I agreed to things I didn't agree to, on the action plan, because if I tell her about my medical history and disability and that sort of thing, she will record it all wrong. I've already been through all that at my induction appointment with that first really nice jobcoach. If I could see him every time, I wouldn't mind going every two weeks. He agreed with me that coming every two weeks would be okay, but she wants me to come every week. I have also emailed Maximus to say that I withdraw my consent and to say that I need to stay on the program, but it was agreed that I could have telephone appointments, on my first phone call with Maximus. I hope that makes sense. Also the induction man, he took a photocopy of my CV as I had one with me, and he said that he had worked in recruitment previously, and my CV looked very good. However when I showed it to her, she said "oh that won't get you a job." I don't have a printer at home, or a library card, and I don't know anyone who has one who can aid me. I thought a photocopy of my CV would be good enough, but not for her

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:03 pm

Anya wrote:Thank you! I am so glad I found this forum! I have got more advice out of these lovely people than I ever had from Maximus! I am on income based ESA, I believe. My work coach at the jobcentre where I go is actually really nice, a lot better than the previous one.

In that case, you should tell your work coach at the Jobcentre everything you've told us about the WHP.

At Maximus when I did induction I had a very nice work coach and he took time understanding me and take details of my actual disability. When I told him, he had heard of it, but he didn't have a full understanding of it, so he googled it and read a lot about it while I was in the room! I really felt that he understood me and he didn't make fun of me when I said I needed a sitting-down job! However this one, she asked about my disability and why would I need sitting-down job? There are lots of jobs that people do while sitting down, so I explained the nature of my disability. Then the man I saw last time came into the office, and asked me how I was. She cut me off when I answered him and said "Can we get back to the questions? We're not here for pleasantries!" I wanted to ask, on here, are they allowed on the work and health program, to complete medical and mental health assessment with me?

The WHP can only complete medical and mental health assessments with you if you consent to it. Otherwise they have no right to that highly sensitive information.

That's what she wants to do the next time I attend, and its freaking me out. Also the induction work coach, he agreed with me that I should attend every two weeks, however this one is insisting that I agreed to weekly. I have drafted a complaint email, but am scared to send it, as it might get back to her and she would cause problems for me. I feel a lot better about having written down all the things that I did not agree to, that she wrote that I HAVE agreed to, on the action plan. When I asked can I read it before I sign, she said no we don't have time for that, my next client is here. Its not as if I sit at home on my bum doing nothing all day but she thinks so!

That advisor is a real piece of work. If you complained, I'm pretty sure you'd get a new advisor. If you don't want to complain, maybe you could just ask for a new advisor.

Anya wrote:Thank you Gallazz. You write that "you don't actually have to attend the Work and Health Programme" does that mean that I would be entitled to telephone appointments?

It means you don't have to take part in the programme at all. It's voluntary for people on ESA or the equivalent on UC, meaning that can't sanction you if you refuse or stop taking part in the programme.

Do I have to discuss medical things with them? That's what she wants to do at my next appointment.

Absolutely not. Just tell her you're not comfortable discussing it because it's too personal (and who would be comfortable disclosing sensitive information to someone who treats them like dirt?).

I don't feel comfortable discussing my medical business with someone who writes that I agreed to things I didn't agree to, on the action plan, because if I tell her about my medical history and disability and that sort of thing, she will record it all wrong. I've already been through all that at my induction appointment with that first really nice jobcoach. If I could see him every time, I wouldn't mind going every two weeks. He agreed with me that coming every two weeks would be okay, but she wants me to come every week. I have also emailed Maximus to say that I withdraw my consent and to say that I need to stay on the program, but it was agreed that I could have telephone appointments, on my first phone call with Maximus. I hope that makes sense. Also the induction man, he took a photocopy of my CV as I had one with me, and he said that he had worked in recruitment previously, and my CV looked very good. However when I showed it to her, she said "oh that won't get you a job." I don't have a printer at home, or a library card, and I don't know anyone who has one who can aid me. I thought a photocopy of my CV would be good enough, but not for her

They don't actually have the right to keep a copy of your CV at all. They can ask to see it, but you don't have to let them keep a copy.

Gallazz

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:59 pm

Thank you for giving me all that good advice. I didn't mind showing the first adviser my CV, because it was good for me to have someone who had worked in recruitment to look at it. Someone who worked in recruitment actually helped me put it together in Ukraine, so I'm glad when he said it was fine. He asked if he could take a copy of it, and I said yes. However this one, she said on my action plan that I agreed to complete my CV by Tuesday. It is as complete as it is going to be, and when he showed her a copy of it, she spoke to me like I was dog poo on her shoe. I don't mean to be rude, but I did feel like dog poo on someone's shoe. I wouldn't mind going back to them if I could see the first adviser again, he was lovely, and he said it wouldn't be difficult for me to get a job. He even said that he would come to the bus station and walk with me to the office if I was unsure of where to come. But I don't really want to see her again. I'm not being rude. I'm 38 and I would guess she wasn't even 20. To use what I call 2020 slang words in front of me, I had to come home and google "side hustle." I would need a sitting down job, so I told her this, and she said I could do a side hustle as well! I have a lot less energy than an able bodied person due to my disablement, so how the heck would I manage another job on the side? She also said, because I would need a sitting-down-job, she would refer me to a special program called RAM. What in the world is that? Can I say no? Next appointment is Tuesday morning, at 9.30. I did ask for 11am, because I can't get there any earlier due to allowing travel time, but no. It has to be 9.30. I also agreed with the first man that I should come two-weekly or monthly, but this one insists I come weekly. Can they do that? How often does one attend usually? I have no idea as I do not know apart from on here, anyone who has been sent to this program before.

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:13 pm

Anya wrote:Thank you for giving me all that good advice. I didn't mind showing the first adviser my CV, because it was good for me to have someone who had worked in recruitment to look at it. Someone who worked in recruitment actually helped me put it together in Ukraine, so I'm glad when he said it was fine. He asked if he could take a copy of it, and I said yes. However this one, she said on my action plan that I agreed to complete my CV by Tuesday. It is as complete as it is going to be, and when he showed her a copy of it, she spoke to me like I was dog poo on her shoe. I don't mean to be rude, but I did feel like dog poo on someone's shoe. I wouldn't mind going back to them if I could see the first adviser again, he was lovely, and he said it wouldn't be difficult for me to get a job. He even said that he would come to the bus station and walk with me to the office if I was unsure of where to come. But I don't really want to see her again. I'm not being rude. I'm 38 and I would guess she wasn't even 20. To use what I call 2020 slang words in front of me, I had to come home and google "side hustle." I would need a sitting down job, so I told her this, and she said I could do a side hustle as well! I have a lot less energy than an able bodied person due to my disablement, so how the heck would I manage another job on the side? She also said, because I would need a sitting-down-job, she would refer me to a special program called RAM. What in the world is that? Can I say no? Next appointment is Tuesday morning, at 9.30. I did ask for 11am, because I can't get there any earlier due to allowing travel time, but no. It has to be 9.30

You're not the only one. My advisor said I had an utterly useless and pathetic CV. Her attitude was very bad. I mean bad condescending talk down also the tone of voice, she wanted to get rid of me for the job outcome; her patience was wearing thin; each appointment they act very nice on the first appointment; the true colours come out they are nasty narcissist bastards just want to control you because your vulnerable easy target. 
I was only 6 weeks into the scheme and settling down. I found out I was more educated than her; the dumb advisor didn't know anything. Tell your advisor to fuck off that what I did and filed a complaint to the provider.
Sorry for the rude language you got to use it Sometimes, don't let them walk over you. This is the UK. You act nice and soft, and they will indeed walk all over you and take you for an advantage since, doing that, I don't even have an action plan from them in and out of appointments less 2 minutes. 

Mousecat

jobberpw and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:05 am

Anya wrote:Thank you for giving me all that good advice. I didn't mind showing the first adviser my CV, because it was good for me to have someone who had worked in recruitment to look at it. Someone who worked in recruitment actually helped me put it together in Ukraine, so I'm glad when he said it was fine. He asked if he could take a copy of it, and I said yes. However this one, she said on my action plan that I agreed to complete my CV by Tuesday. It is as complete as it is going to be, and when he showed her a copy of it, she spoke to me like I was dog poo on her shoe. I don't mean to be rude, but I did feel like dog poo on someone's shoe. I wouldn't mind going back to them if I could see the first adviser again, he was lovely, and he said it wouldn't be difficult for me to get a job. He even said that he would come to the bus station and walk with me to the office if I was unsure of where to come. But I don't really want to see her again. I'm not being rude. I'm 38 and I would guess she wasn't even 20. To use what I call 2020 slang words in front of me, I had to come home and google "side hustle." I would need a sitting down job, so I told her this, and she said I could do a side hustle as well!

What an absolute moron.

I have a lot less energy than an able bodied person due to my disablement, so how the heck would I manage another job on the side? She also said, because I would need a sitting-down-job, she would refer me to a special program called RAM. What in the world is that? Can I say no?

I don't know what RAM is but it is terrible that she's referred you without explaining what it is.

Your participation on the WHP is voluntary because you're on ESA, so you can say no to anything and don't have to stay on the programme. If you were on JSA or the IWSR on Universal Credit, your participation on the WHP could be mandatory, meaning that you would have to attend appointments if you received written notification that your benefits would be affected if you did not attend. If you have not received this notification then you don't have to do attend the appointment - in other words, it's not mandatory.
That applies whichever benefit you're on. On ESA, you can be mandated to do certain things, but that doesn't include the WHP, so none of your appointment notifications should say that. Hope that makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.

Next appointment is Tuesday morning, at 9.30. I did ask for 11am, because I can't get there any earlier due to allowing travel time, but no. It has to be 9.30. I also agreed with the first man that I should come two-weekly or monthly, but this one insists I come weekly. Can they do that? How often does one attend usually? I have no idea as I do not know apart from on here, anyone who has been sent to this program before.

Weekly attendance is normal on employment programmes like the WHP but I think they're supposed to be flexible.

Your next Jobcentre appointment might not be very soon but I if it is, you should definitely tell your work coach what has been happening on the WHP. If you have a good relationship, they might offer some reassurance that you don't have to stay on the WHP or speak to them about your concerns and getting a new advisor. On the old version of the WHP (the Work Programme), they used to change your advisor every few months.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:23 am

Thank you so much for your great advice. I will take screenshots of this page with me when I go. She asked me if I slept well, I said no not since I had to come here. When I had the first one who did induction with me he was so understanding. Even he thought I would be seeing him again, and he was surprised when not. When he asked me what disabilities I have, I was telling him and he even said about one of them "I understand about that, my wife has that!" But this one she didn't even want to know. She wrote that I cannot travel long journeys due to my anxiety. She left out the bit I said about staying in one position for long. You can't get up and move around on a bus when even their standing-area is full. She left out the bit about me being unable to travel alone due to my disablement. My mother usually travels with me. But she is very unwell now and will be unable to. I don't have anyone else who can. I bet she drives. I bet she's got a big car. SOME not all, people who drive, don't understand if you have to walk or take public transportation everywhere. When the other man came to see me in our interview last week, he said that he was going to visit my local jobcentre and did I know the lady that he was going to see? I told him yes, she was there the last couple times I was. I don't officially see her, but she's usually there. Hopefully I will get some points on this page over on Tuesday when I speak to Mrs Up-Herself. She won't listen, but what the hell. Someone who I know near where I live was on the work program. His first adviser left after about two weeks, then he got a really nasty woman like this one, then she left thank God and he got a really nice man who used to be the manager of a shop. My friend had three jobs until Covid came along, and now he works as a boxing coach at our local gym. When I have my next appointment on Tuesday I have made six - small - pages of notes, made up of advice I have had from all you lovely people, and things she wrote wrong on the action plan, and what I actually said. So bring on Tuesday morning. They will get the full Azov-Brigade-wife-show. (husband's army unit). So here we go

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:03 pm

Does anyone on here have a telephone number for Maximus? I'm not going to ring it, but I just want to know if anyone has got it! I saw a woman on the television tonight who looked like Mrs Up Yourself, and I had a panic attack. My husband freaked out, because he's never seen me have one. I don't have them that often, in fact I don't think I've had this many since last May, when he was in the steelworks in Mariupol, and we lost contact with the soldiers for two days. She's getting in my head now. I am now planning to attend depression group at my local community centre, the people running that group are from the mental health group that I am already attending. I think I need it! I went last week as well

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:25 pm

Anya wrote:Does anyone on here have a telephone number for Maximus? I'm not going to ring it, but I just want to know if anyone has got it! I saw a woman on the television tonight who looked like Mrs Up Yourself, and I had a panic attack. My husband freaked out, because he's never seen me have one. I don't have them that often, in fact I don't think I've had this many since last May, when he was in the steelworks in Mariupol, and we lost contact with the soldiers for two days. She's getting in my head now. I am now planning to attend depression group at my local community centre, the people running that group are from the mental health group that I am already attending. I think I need it! I went last week as well
You need to get to the doctors and tell them what's going on. Be very open and tell them why you feel the way you do and what triggers it. The more you get on your record at the doctors, the easier it will be to get help from them in the future - for example a fit note, to give you a month's easement or even break from the pressures you're facing.

It was only spring and summer this year that I was on the edge of getting a fit note - I was advised by my job centre advisor to do this for 3 months, but I suspect you automatically roll onto Universal Credit from JSA after 3 months, so avoided this at all costs. While on the Restart course, I was doing my best to hold off getting fit notes as I was suspicious about the advice given to me. But I suspect you're already on UC, so don't need to worry as I did. Use the fit notes to your advantage and give yourself headroom, this way you can find a job to get these vile people off your back.

Sorry if the above has come out like verbal diarrhoea, but I am tired tonight. If you want me to clarify on anything, just ask. I'm not an pro about benefit advice, so others may (rightly so) well correct what I've said.

Intincroi

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:26 pm

Anya I feel for you; this is just the beginning, unfortunately. The nightmare gets worse and worse as a couple months go by. When the tossers and advisors are injected with some heavy drugs high on energy for the job payment, they will set you up for job interviews or work experience bloody billion miles away, which is when your health and mental health really take a big nose dive they will never stop calling you and emailing you 24/7 they are glued to you like a virus.

Like many have said, pull out your sharing data forms urgently and do it at your next appointment. I cannot say this anymore; you needed peace in your life. You are already suffering over this scheme after reading your heartbreaking messages on this forum.

Complaint email address below for maximus
https://www.maximusuk.co.uk/comments-and-complaints

I hope this helps. It doesn't do much; in the house complaints are a waste of time the biggest thing is stopping their funding. pulling out your contract forms and stopping using their services. Stop signing any action plans. Get help elsewhere; tell them into their faces; they will throw you off; the provider doesn't want you back.
I tried everything from changing advisors to complaining, but only the above method worked the best.

Charles1985

jobberpw and Gallazz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:36 pm

Thank you everyone for your great advice! I called their head office today and spoke to a man who told me that I am allowed to ask for my future appointments to be on the telephone, and if she doesn't agree then she is not following company policy! And also due to the way she is harrassing me I don't need to attend the office in person. Wow bloody wow! I was not expecting that. BUT he couldn't find me on their system. Maybe his computer was playing up, he said. Or ISN'T THAT FUNNY? I will let you know how I get on with my telephone call at 9.30 am. If any of you lovely people are up at that time in the morning, send me some telepathic good vibes please! Anyway I will let you all know how I get on, but I feel like I have had one small victory today. I FOUND A TELEPHONE NUMBER and for the man on the phone to say what he said, I feel like I have won. I might not feel like that tomorrow, but we'll see about that. I just wanted to ask one more thing. If they want to refer me onto RAM or a mental health program through Maximus, can I refuse to be referred? Thank you

Anya

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:15 pm

I got a call from a lady at head office. She said that I don't have to agree to be referred anywhere! She also said that she would put a note on my record to say that my appointments are to be telephone only for now in the future. Its a voluntary program, as I thought, but she agreed with all the points that me and my mother had written down. She said that it is not right that they are referring me to different things without my permission. BUT I still have to have a phone call with Mrs tomorrow, but if she refuses the notes on my account, she is breaking company policy! I haven't won yet, but I am winning. I will let you all know how I get on tomorrow on the phone with Mrs. I think she will try and force things, but we'll see. The head office lady said they would need to do another action plan with me, but I don't know if I trust that she will write it all down correctly this time.

Anya

jobberpw and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:57 pm

Good luck for the appointment tomorrow, Anya.

It's good that someone at the WHP has admitted that you don't just have to do whatever they say, but don't trust even the nicer WHP staff to tell you the absolute truth - for example, I'm not sure why you 'have' to have the telephone appointment with the bully advisor when the programme is voluntary (at least for ESA claimants like you).

It's great that you're standing up to the bully advisor. Don't be surprised if she gets nasty (again) and starts issuing threats to get you to back down. If she does that, remember that as an ESA claimant, you're completely safe from sanctions on that programme.

That said, it's just as likely that she'll be pleasanter if she doesn't think she can bully you and lie to you. She might also refer you to another advisor, which would be a good result!

I would put any further queries in writing (letter or email) and send them to the DWP as they make the rules, and probably won't lie to you in writing.

Let us know how you get on.

Gallazz

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next