BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work and Health Program

+8
oneman
The Catwoman
Georgewaste
fordcortina1970
Mousecat
Charles1985
Gallazz
Pintel
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Work and Health Program  - Page 2 Empty Re: Work and Health Program

Post by Anya Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:02 am

Thank you! I will let you all know how I get on in a few hours. At the moment I said that I don't want to change adviser. I didn't say that the new one might be worse than her. The previous one, he understood me much better, I think he understands that if you are physically disabled, it doesn't mean you are mental in the head! I don't think she does. But at least if I get telephone calls, she probably won't allow me to do that, but if there is a note on my account from head office, we'll see. The program she was going to refer me to, was for people who have mental disabilities and certain other conditions that I don't have, but Head Office Lady said she should have explained that to me, and asked for my consent. The only thing I'm worried about now is, they want to do a new action plan with me. I just know she will write it all down wrong again, and twist everything I say to suit THEM, but I'm kind of ready for that now.

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:11 pm

Having had a read of the Work & Health Programme Provider Guidance, I couldn't see anything about 90 minutes travel time. That's odd because you couldn't be referred to Restart if the travel time to the provider's office exceeded 90 minutes.

Those resettled from Ukraine are able to be fast tracked onto the W&HP. Yuk.

Finally, have you learnt anything more about RAM? A Google search has thrown any light on that, I'm afraid.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:04 pm

I have some good news for all you lovely people on here. I WON! A small victory I know, but she called me today and she didn't like anything I said and did try to twist it around. She didn't really want to give me telephone appointments, but it happened! AND my next one is in TWO WEEKS, on the telephone! Thank you to everyone on here for making me feel like I am someone again. I will keep you all updated, but for now, take a little of my victory for each one of yourselves, and WE DID IT! This is not for me, this is for all the disabled people out there like myself who get messed over by people higher up the food-chain. I hope other people in the same situation can be inspired if they join this forum. This is the first time I have EVER taken on the big bosses anywhere and got a win, so this is Big for me. I probably won't stay flying high for long, but for today and right now, I will enjoy my glory, and yours! Thank you to everyone here for giving me very useful advice and the strength to carry on. Now I am feeling inspired, I hope I can help other people if they are in the same position. When I had her on the phone my actual words were "I'm glad I am not having suicidal thoughts, because if you had a suicidal client, you may have pushed them over." She didn't like that. The only reason I needed some guidance with my mental health, was because they were messing my head up, keep telling me one thing, then someone else there tells me something different. I really hope that if anyone out there is feeling suicidal, they find this forum before anything happens. BUT I can understand why someone might be made to feel that way. But for now, after a small victory, I feel happy that I may be able to help other people who don't know where they can go. I will update you if she calls again but thank you to all the wonderful people on here who gave me a push in the right direction!

Anya

Brutus, jobberpw, Gallazz and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:02 am

She wrote on the action plan that I am on the wrong program, and I am unsure what the program will be. As the job coach, surely it is your job to tell me? I was surprised that she wrote it on there in this way. confused She will probably write on the updated one, exactly what I said about it! So I will leave it here for you all, just to brighten up your day!
Well about the action plan. It went a little something like this:
She said "Why is the action plan wrong? What bits do you want to change?"
I said "All of it."
She said "Why do you want to change all of it?"
And I said "Because its a load of bollocks!"
When I told my husband he laughed his head off. If anyone else finds this funny, then go ahead. Please feel free to borrow my words if you need to!

Anya

jobberpw, Ignatius, Coconutxone and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:42 pm

Anya wrote:She wrote on the action plan that I am on the wrong program, and I am unsure what the program will be. As the job coach, surely it is your job to tell me? I was surprised that she wrote it on there in this way.  confused She will probably write on the updated one, exactly what I said about it! So I will leave it here for you all, just to brighten up your day!
Well about the action plan. It went a little something like this:
She said "Why is the action plan wrong? What bits do you want to change?"
I said "All of it."
She said "Why do you want to change all of it?"
And I said "Because its a load of bollocks!"
When I told my husband he laughed his head off. If anyone else finds this funny, then go ahead. Please feel free to borrow my words if you need to!
I think they will give up with you, Anya. You seem like a trouble customer; they don't like these people; they want people who say yes and comply with everything they set out for them. It seems like the advisor wanted you off the scheme by saying you were in the wrong scheme. That's a big clue and a sign they don't want you there. After that complaint, you might get a referral back to the job centre that what you wanted was no more shite scheme.

Well done for standing up to them bastards this is how you deal with them don't be afraid these bastards need a lesson of respect they cannot bully their way forward and walk over us.

Charles1985

jobberpw, Gallazz, Ignatius and Anya like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:57 pm

Anya wrote:Jobberpw I tend to agree with you. I don't want to see the budget. And get this! They want me to go to one of their mental health providers AS WELL AS the one that I am already registered with. Which means I would be travelling four hours, two there and then two back, TWICE A WEEK! The job centre originally set me up with a mental health provider, so I stayed with them.

Hi Anya,

The people instigating this kind of 'idea' as we know, are deluded in the extreme.

Just because someone sees 3 different Drs etc to assess, or try to cure an incurable disease for example, does not mean a positive outcome.

The people who need to be attending  mental health places are those sending us there. Their likely to make someone's mental health far worse, by putting unwanted additional pressure upon them to attend. Undue stress, coercion under the guise of GO! or we will STOP YOUR BENEFITS. This latest sham of an idea will fall flat on its face and just being done to get some votes.Their desperate, and many can see it. The cull is on and live and well in thee media. Bad back =your lying. Mental Health = your just fed up. Can't find a job=your Lazy. And on it goes.

They appear to think that people with physical or mental health or both as the case maye are an employers dream.This tells me they haven't ever run a business or spoken in depth to any real employer's.I say real, as the few left who employ people by the hundred a week turnover,  are now very few indeed.

If your registered with an NHS mental health psych, definitely have a word and ask that a letter be sent ASAP to the muppet who arranged this for you. Point to aspect's of how bad it's likely to make you rather than benefit you. This is what they like to do, send sheep there, and it will equate to a good out come =BACK TO WORK. Evil or Very Mad

Thats my rant over but see red when i read Anya's post.

Good luck

Last edited by jobberpw on Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Brutus and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:00 pm

Ignatius wrote:Having had a read of the Work & Health Programme Provider Guidance, I couldn't see anything about 90 minutes travel time. That's odd because you couldn't be referred to Restart if the travel time to the provider's office exceeded 90 minutes.

Finally, have you learnt anything more about RAM? A Google search has thrown any light on that, I'm afraid.

RAM, random access memory.They dont do that at roach ville Ignatius Evil or Very Mad Laughing
jobberpw
jobberpw

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:00 am

I have. RAM is a thing for disabled people to help them into work, if they have mental health issues as well. She said she would call today at 10am. Its after 11 and she still hasn't. Now I'm worried that the jobcenter will cut off my payments, if she tells them a lie or two. She didn't even send me a text after our last appointment to tell me when my next one would be. She called me half an hour late on that one too. I have voluntary work all this week, and cannot be using my phone there! Grrrrr! And I agree with you. After I have driven her mad, she might be needing some mental health assistance for herself! Heehee
UPDATE: I have just had an email from Maximus accepting the withdrawal of my consent!
Maybe that's why Mrs. hasn't called me today? or maybe she's in mental health help.....
Just asking, is there a different thing that they can put me on instead, IF they have decided to take me off this one? I never said I wanted to be taken off it, just in case the next thing they put me on is worse, but I don't know these things. Would I be informed if they have taken me off the program?

Anya

jobberpw, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:35 pm

If the advisor still hasn't phoned you could cover yourself by emailing them to say you have not received their call.

You should be informed if you have been removed from a programme but sometimes they decide a person is too much bother so they will simply park them which means leaving them alone.

Ignatius

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:49 pm

Ignatius wrote:If the advisor still hasn't phoned you could cover yourself by emailing them to say you have not received their call.

You should be informed if you have been removed from a programme but sometimes they decide a person is too much bother so they will simply park them which means leaving them alone.

It only took them a month to answer my previous email, but I have sent another one to say, is there a reason why Mrs didn't call me today.  I have had my phone on, with the volume up, waiting for them, so its not as if I missed it. I'm thinking they have taken me off it, but I'm hoping the jobcenter don't send me on an even worse program when I go back to THEM on the 3rd of next month. Maximus probably won't bother to write to me, because they said back in November they would write to me to send me a form, but it never arrived in the mail

Anya

jobberpw, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:20 pm

The worst about these providers is that they are sneaky with their mistakes; they never own up to it. I had multiple appointments booked, and once I arrived, they asked, Why are you here today? Even gaslight you saying who sent this wtf I have the proof stupid email them will have all the timestamps you tried to make an attempt and contact the advisor without any joy. This will cover you back. They will say you didn't answer your phone in a couple weeks and you see a sanction get raised you have to be one step ahead of these people. It's the silly games I hate.

Mousecat

jobberpw, Ignatius and Georgewaste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:17 am

I'm wondering if you can be referred twice on this Heath & Work Programme. I was on this rubbish back in 2019 and almost completed it before we had those wonderful lock downs back in 2020. Now in 2024 I'm now thinking that they may just put me back on it as i've not read anything about being something you do once and that't that. Has anyone been on it twice?
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

jobberpw, Ignatius and Georgewaste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:21 pm

I think the Work and Health Programme is not the same as the Work Programme in terms of the relevant guidance/legislation. So previous Work Programme participation would likely be irrelevant for a W&HP referral. The thing to cling onto is the W&HP doesn't have the funding and thus capacity of Restart, and most referrals appear to be made on health grounds so you may well avoid it.

Ignatius

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:51 am

God help all those with poor health then. As just like their pathetic efforts in finding people work and appropriate training. These clowns won't have a hope in hell of making people's physical or mental health better. No wonder nhs are not up in arms about this as another circus to park the sheep. This time, keep the Dr's free from work overload .
jobberpw
jobberpw

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:10 am

In you couldn't make it up news, rather than Doctors being overloaded with work, growing numbers of them are now as unemployed as the motley bunch on this forum.

One consequence of all these non-doctors being recruited into general practice under the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme is that many practices cannot afford to employ actual doctors. At this rate, the person sat next to us on a cat sat on the mouse course will be an ex-GP.
https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/views/dr-burnt-out/not-enough-gps-thousands-of-us-are-now-unemployed/

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:16 am

Damian Hinds The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions
https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2017-04-13.70324.h

The reimbursement of travel costs is available to claimants when they are required to attend the jobcentre for appointments other than mandatory fortnightly signing appointments. In addition, those claiming Employment and Support Allowance and Income Support are not required to attend their local jobcentre on a regular basis. Jobseekers who have been claiming Universal Credit or Jobseeker’s Allowance for more than 13 weeks can also apply for a Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card which halves the cost of pay as you go bus fares.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Ignatius and Georgewaste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgewaste Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:24 am

jobberpw wrote:Damian Hinds The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions
https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2017-04-13.70324.h

The reimbursement of travel costs is available to claimants when they are required to attend the jobcentre for appointments other than mandatory fortnightly signing appointments. In addition, those claiming Employment and Support Allowance and Income Support are not required to attend their local jobcentre on a regular basis. Jobseekers who have been claiming Universal Credit or Jobseeker’s Allowance for more than 13 weeks can also apply for a Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card which halves the cost of pay as you go bus fares.

Better refund my travel cost. They have closed down hundreds of job centres, pissing me off. It's like a 6-mile journey. Train fares are like £6.50 here.
Also, these providers will play silly games if they find you too difficult to deal with, like messing about with your appointment date and time, bringing it forward and backwards without telling you, or messing about with your travel refunds. This is the way they will piss you off.

Georgewaste

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:32 pm

For the first time in maybe 20 years I had reason to use a bus the other day. The reduced job seeker fares were advertised on the bus company website, but I have never seen them promoted in the jobcentre. I still saved a small fortune thanks to the £2 bus fare thing.

Ignatius

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:10 am

She cut me off when I answered him and said "Can we get back to the questions? We're not here for pleasantries!"

I feel its only a matter of time before someone may try and embed that arrogant gits head in their own desk. Some, dont take kindly to being bullied.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:20 pm

Ignatius wrote:Having had a read of the Work & Health Programme Provider Guidance, I couldn't see anything about 90 minutes travel time. That's odd because you couldn't be referred to Restart if the travel time to the provider's office exceeded 90 minutes.

I know where I'd like to Ram it. Very Happy
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:39 pm

I didn't think I needed to come back to this forum because I thought I was doing well on the Work Programme. However, I received a call today from a RUDE MAN who said that throughout the months of January, February, and March, I had not engaged with my work coach at all. She has called me, and I have agreed to do all the things she said, on st least 6 occasions between January and now. I wanted to ask how often does the work coach do an action plan with a claimant on the work programme? He said (Rude Man) that I should have done one every month, and that Mrs F said that I didn't want to continue on the programme. However what I asked her was "Can you please not call me on a Monday, because that is when I do my voluntary work." She wrote down that I said "Don't call me again EVER!" She asked me by voicemail with a sneer like "What day CAN you do then?" Well, I replied that I could do ANY DAY apart from a Monday. She said that she would have to talk to her manager. I said surely you don't need to talk to your manager about that, you can just change the day? I thought, to myself, "Am I crazy in the head or is it not that simple just to change the day? And also RUDE MAN said to the jobcentre on the phone, that I am planning on working abroad. Of course I am. I want to return to Ukraine and work as a translator when the war is over. I told him "I would go now, but there's a war on, so I have to wait." He said "Oh I'll have to tell the jobcentre!" I got a call from the jobcentre lady who I normally see, today, and I explained it all to her. I am going into the jobcentre for my normal appointment next week anyway, but I'm glad to tell her on the phone today as I don't want to carry this around with me for a week. Also the CV that I did, I got it looked at by someone in recruitment at Maximus and he said it was FINE, but RUDE MAN on the phone said that I would NEVER get a job with that! Also he asked me if I wanted to change coach, and I said no. I didn't say I've kind of gotten used to her, but I have, and anyway the next one might be even worse! Oh and RUDE MAN said that "You've been claiming Carer's Allowance. Mrs F said so" My mother tried to claim it, so she can become my carer, but I have never claimed carer's allowance in my life!

Anya

Ignatius and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:35 pm

By Work Coach, do you mean the Work Coach you see at the jobcentre, or the advisor you see at the Work & Health Programme?

I think the rude man is trying to bully you. They should be supportive of your voluntary work because you enjoy it so it's good for your well being and in turn it should help make you more attractive to employers. Rude man should be able to arrange appointments for another day of the week. If the jobcentre expect you to attend appointments at the jobcentre on the same day as your voluntary work then that is potentially more tricky.

Action Plans are normally either every month or 2 months. He's probably going on about your CV because he likes bullying people. If you are happy with it and other people have told you it's good, then I would tell him that. I suspect he lacks people skills and sees you as a problem because you haven't got a job. It's often the case that when you see different advisors conflict occurs because they treat everyone the same and expect them to bend to their will, rather than treat people as individuals.

I would summon up the courage to mention Mr Rude Man's attitude to the jobcentre. You have been referred to the Work Programme due to, how can I put this, the awful circumstances that brought you to this country. The jobcentre are supposed to be sensitive to the needs of Ukrainians or at least that's what is says in the guidance so rude man has no business making an issue of the fact one day you hope to work in the Ukraine. All decent people hope one day you will be able to do that. We shall look on the positive side, every week you are on the work programme is a week nearer the day it ends and you will be free of their threats.

You mentioned your mother tried to claim Carer's Allowance. Do you currently receive PIP benefit because she won't be able to claim Carers unless you do?

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:20 pm

He said I had not engaged with my work and health programme work coach. No I do not currently claim PIP. I have tried though, but they refused it. I will try to apply again, but when I am feeling more ready for filling in a big long form

Anya

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:10 pm

When you re-apply for PIP I would strongly recommend, if you haven't already, getting some assistance with your claim. It is notoriously difficult to get, in part because it is how health problems affect you, not the health problem itself. "Benefits & Work" is a good website for ESA & PIP related matters. If your health problems are mental health related, "Mental Health and Money Advice" website is excellent - it will guide you through each PIP assessment area and help you structure your answers to maximise chances of success and tell you what supporting evidence you need, such as a symptom diary, medical letters and even a letter from your mother if she helps care for you. I've rarely heard a bad word said about that website for helping with PIP claims. The other thing to consider is how long ago you applied - you may have time for an appeal. Perhaps the most important thing to know about PIP is most people are unsuccessful with their initial application and people who get PIP are usually awarded it by appealing the initial decision. It's a stupid and cruel system but worth knowing.

Your Work Programme coach is evidently an imbecile. Remember, it is only your jobcentre Work Coach who can refer you for a sanction so if they are satisfied with you that is what counts. The work programme are trying to stir up trouble, and I wonder if he's like this because you haven't got a job and that makes you bad for their statistics. If you are confident, I would remind him that the Work and HEALTH Programme is supposed to be supportive of people with health issues and that other advisors have been happy with you so far.

Not trying to get rid of you, but go have a look at those websites I mentioned - they will give you confidence to re-apply for PIP. You need some positives after dealing with Mr Rude.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:35 pm

I'm just too stressed at the moment to do anything. Mr Rude Man on the phone upset me so much, that I just can't even do my day to day living right now. I'm going to the jobcentre on Wednesday next week and will tell my work coach there. She had an email from Mr Rude Man that she contacted me about, and it had a load of lies in it that he had written. I'm so upset at the way that he treated me. Every time I think about Maximus, I think about that creepy man. I hope my jobcentre work coach is satisfied with the things I said to respond to Mr Rude Man's email, but I hope she will believe me instead of him

Anya

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next