BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart cv

+5
D.Appleby
Absolut
Pintel
Caker
Topaz
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Restart cv - Page 2 Empty Re: Restart cv

Post by The Catwoman Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:35 pm

I think absolut has been a godsend to this forum.

The Catwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:12 am

Topaz wrote:It's great to have this info. Thanks all for your advice.

You are very welcome Very Happy
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:04 pm

The Catwoman wrote:I think absolut has been a godsend to this forum.

Thank you for your kind comment. I don't know everything I need to know about Restart yet. I'm still trying to find out why they are saying Restart is mandatory before a referral has been accepted by the provider. When I get that answer hopefully I will know more than I do now. Very Happy
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:50 pm

Had 3 way call and I agreed to start date with provider. Soon afterwards, I got email attachment from WC. Says "You recently met with WC and provider to DISCUSS how the programme could help you find work.
During the discussion you agreed to attend meeting on....... Date... to start the scheme" .etc etc JSAsapoe notice. "
Maybe if I had told provider I didn't think I needed their help, and didn't agree to any further conversation, that would have been the discussion.
I'm not sure a discussion is a referral.
Maybe then it would be up to WC to mandate me to the scheme.
WC insisted they had to email reg 5 notice during the call, but I think was just using bullying tactics.

Topaz

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:50 am

What would happen if you declined the start date.?

The Catwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:18 am

I agreed to start date with provider. WC insisted they had to email reg 5 notice during the call,  but  I think was just using bullying tactics.

They notified you that you are required to participate in the Restart Scheme. It shouldn't have been emailed. It's by hand or post only. Don't ignore the notice even though it's not been served correctly. You must attend that first meeting, even if the provider cancels it. The DWP has mandated you to attend on that date, at that time. If the provider changes the date and time of that first meeting to something else it will not affect the mandation the DWP issued. Only the DWP can withdraw it.

After the first DWP mandated meeting, every meeting after that is mandatory only if it's on a JSA MAN and it's been posted or handed to you in person:

8.40. You can issue the JSA MAN to your Participant face to face or by post. When choosing between these two methods you must take into account any known advanced support needs or challenges.

8.44. There are no other permissible methods of issuing the JSA MAN to your Participant. However, you may wish to use additional methods to communicate with your Participant and remind them of the mandatory requirement, for example email, SMS.

I'm not sure a discussion is a referral.

If they'd been honest the DWP would have explained before the warm handover call took place that Restart isn't mandatory in the way we think of mandatory. It's mandatory in the sense that if you don't volunteer they will mandate it.

I hope your first meeting goes well. It won't take long before they mention how much better off you will be if you switch to UC.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:04 am

The Catwoman wrote:What would happen if you declined the start date.?

I'm hoping to find out exactly which legislation it is they think they are using for the pre-referral warm handover call so that it doesn't get to that point.

Work coaches are acting as if Restart is the MWA scheme.

Pre-selection interview
34770 The informal pre-selection discussion with the advisor (work coach) does not form part of the mandatory work scheme1 as notified under relevant legislation2. A sanction will only be appropriate once the claimant has been offered a placement and has been notified of their requirement to participate in the scheme and the claimant fails to participate in the scheme without good reason.

Note: The pre-selection interview is a normal advisor interview to discuss further case management and a sanction would be considered under the normal JSA rules for refusal or failure to carry out any reasonable JSD (see DMG 34901) or failed to participate in an interview rules (see DMG 34831) if appropriate in the circumstances.
1 JS Act 95, s 17A; 2 JSA (MWA Scheme) Regs, reg 4

34771 If there is a request by the provider to attend a pre-start interview that is outside the MWA 4 week mandated period and the claimant fails to attend/take part a sanction cannot be considered as this interview is not part of the MWA as notified.

The above is suspiciously similar to work coaches "mandating" claimants into the warm handover call during a WSR and afterwards referring to it as a "discussion" when in reality it was a provider ringing up before they've got a purchase order. There is no pre-selection interview under SAPOE Regulations, nor is there any requirement for the claimant to do anything at all, such as speak to a provider, before being officially notified of their requirement to participate in Restart and then the provider ringing to get a first meeting date.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:28 pm

I do feel these two forum threads are over lapping? About the Retread scheme 🤔. Especially since this was originally focused on the "Restart' scheme CV????

Just my opinion thou

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4688p225-restart-program#15003
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:00 am

Yep, sorry, I will post it over in the JSA Restart thread.
Absolut
Absolut

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:25 pm

I often go off on tangent, so I can really talk #Absolut,     Just something when I am looking up information 📖, and end up barking up the wrong 🌲 tree.       

Restart cv - Page 2 2650990582
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut and fordcortina1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:20 pm

When I went to my First Restart appointment and i told them i don't have a CV they looked a bit puzzled until i told them i don't need a CV. They said why was that? I told them that my work history in the last 26 years was only eight months worth. So I told them that between Oct-Dec 1996 I was a Checkout operator at Safeways, and then in June 1997 i did telesales for a month and I was useless at it, and then fast forward to 2007 and for five months i worked as a litter picker and mower pusher this was a job I got through the probation service there was no interviews for this job as the probation service had contacts with companies who would take on ex offenders and a gang of lads would turn up give NI numbers, and get given work boots and such like and turn up for work on a Monday it was a years contract but I started when there was only five months left. So after I told them at Restart my work history the said "Right we will not bother with a CV then" then they wanted to know when i last had a job interview (apart from the litterpicking job in 2007) I told them it was in 1997. I told them if you looked at last 26 years I have been jobless for the last 25.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Absolut and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:47 pm

despite the provider asking me multiple times if i have a CV (silly question imo) and i tell them i use bespoke CV relative to the wants of the position im applying for i suspect that i will get asked it next week on my f2f yet again.

i will ask what the intentions are for requesting it and see what they say, im responsible for my ASE actions not them so i don't see what their request for one can be used for, does it need a signature? they know i wouldn't sign any paperwork if they need it..

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:27 am

Some providers run CVs through their portals to score them so that may be why they want a copy. Probably looking for an excuse to stick you on a CV course. My provider wouldn't even look at my paper CV, they insisted I email it to them. When I asked why, I was told, "so we can send it." How very provider like.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:18 pm

thanks #Ignatius i will ask them when im in office later this week, would be interesting as they are aware i wont use their portal!
I've pointed out the flaws on having generic CV already although i will probably have to remind them of that. will post back after my appointment

mandy tori

The Catwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:05 am

I know using restart portal is voluntary but getting hassled to use it. How can I avoid using it?

Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:03 am

Topaz wrote:I know using restart portal is voluntary but getting hassled to use it. How can I avoid using it?

Are you being hassled verbally or via email?

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:32 pm

Restart sent email to WC to say I didn't sign up for portal. WC said I should use it to help me get a job at WSR. He will discus at next meeting with restart adviser. Will find out what they say next week.

Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:09 pm

Not sure what to advise, Topaz. Restart emailed me a link to their portal at my first meeting with them, but did say I didn't have to use it. I never even opened the email and that was never commented on either. As they now refuse to deal with me for anything, my not using their portal is irrelevant.

Like so many things, I suspect portal use is at the whim of the provider. People I know on Restart don't use it and JCP seem unconcerned. Their Restart provider just looks on Indeed for them.

What does the provider guidance say on using their portals? Are there any FOI that give a definitive answer on the subject?

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:23 pm

Topaz wrote:Restart sent email to WC to say I didn't sign up for portal. WC said I should use it to help me get a job at WSR. He will discus at next meeting with restart adviser. Will find out what they say next week.

There is no proof that their portal will do any such thing. Seeing as they have emailed your work coach, in order to put pressure on you, then they aren't to be trusted with your data, which they will clearly use against you at the first available opportunity.
Absolut
Absolut

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:09 pm

Topaz wrote:I know using restart portal is voluntary but getting hassled to use it. How can I avoid using it?

ask them to issue a MAN to use it, they won't do that as i believe they cannot

i asked every time they mentioned it if it was mandatory. always received the answer "no"

they created my account on their portal, that's on them (bypasses account creation terms of service amongst other things) so i will never be logging into it ever.

no sure this helps in any way just going from my experiences - avoid interactions with their portal systems if possible, my emails to use it ended weeks ago

mandy tori

Absolut, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:25 pm

Is this portal an app or website. Sounds like another way to Hassel customers.

The Catwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:24 pm

Think it's app and website. The blurb for the Reed portal made it out to be some magnificent life enhancing thing - access to exclusive vacancies (no laughing at the back), online courses & CV writing. They also have an online health & well being thing to assess if you get enough sleep and are eating your greens.

You don't have to be on Restart to have a go on some of Reed in Partnership's online stuff, like the CV & health assessments, but you do have to accept their cookies.

I preferred to see it as a digital ball & chain so swerved it.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:37 pm

The fact that their portal isn't simply a "job search site" shows the ignorance of the work coach who said Topaz "should" sign up for it in order to look for work. A claimant has no idea what data the provider snoops on or keeps via that portal or what data they will or won't pass to the DWP. They are not to be trusted. No-one knows what's in the terms and conditions of the use of their portal.

Due to the GDPR the DWP can't mandate any claimant into using any particular site/software to look for work. When it was their own "job search site" they had to get consent to be able to snoop at the data. The provider is lower than the DWP, not higher, so the same rule applies - they need consent.
Absolut
Absolut

scratch, The Catwoman, mandy tori and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm

maximus upon referral create an account using the email they received via the 3 way warm handover then you get email link to login, i know what portal software they use (i assume all providers are using the exact same with different branding) i asked if anyone could sign up for it and they told me no

needless to say I won't be logging into that ever 🤣🤣

mandy tori

Absolut and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2