BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

+12
Ignatius
Pintel
Absolut
Coconutxone
Archangel
Jara
Georgewaste
scratch
Muppet1970
The Catwoman
Mousecat
Intincroi
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 4 Empty Re: Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by Ignatius Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:35 pm

When various aspects of our economy, such as productivity problems or poor growth etc, are being discussed by the boffins on my massive TV, I'm always disappointed none of them ever make reference to our dubious practice of plonking people on dodgy courses/placements to get them off the claimant count.

Ignatius

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 4 Empty Re: Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by Charles1985 Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:34 pm

Once you are in employment, appointments become non-mandatory. Once you are out of work, appointments become mandatory once again. Whatever comes first in your 12-month period, I only found this out from my friend. I cannot confirm that this might ask him to miss some appointments to see if he can get sanctioned; he wasn't sanctioned while he was working. They did book a few appointments with some bullshit engagement and employment advisor support. He didn't attend any and never got sanctioned while he was in employment at that time.   

Restart, work placement, and job roles—they will literally watch you like a hawk for the next 18 months via HMRC systems. A friend of mine took a role of the restart programme that started in August at the hotel. After 4 months of not hearing anything from the advisor, he left his role this month and started rebooking his mandated appointments on his universal credit in his journal. getting him back into the office for another beatdown to do another role. Forcing another role onto him is going to be the same with these work placements, only to escape by messing about each work placement, building a bad reputation, and getting kicked off hope the feedback relay back to your restart advisor and work coach your a big problem with holding down any work given to you.

I see no way around these mandatory work placement or restart roles. It also feels like a trap, forcing you off the benefits system completely to boost unemployment statistics to benefit the tories and saving money.

They have completely shut down the loopholes back then you can turn down everything do your own job hunting at your own pace for the next 12 months and leave the restart scheme Scott free now you will have to take a restart role or a work placement for your benefits money if leave your role sanctions apply only way out if your on your death bed in hospital.

Charles1985

jobberpw, Pintel, Ignatius and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:07 pm

Ignatius wrote:When various aspects of our economy, such as productivity problems or poor growth etc, are being discussed by the boffins on my massive TV, I'm always disappointed none of them ever make reference to our dubious practice of plonking people on dodgy courses/placements to get them off the claimant count.

Some people wonder all their lives, like me, if they've made a difference. The English now have this problem. We are no longer some people. Honestly, we're all just getting through life. We English, are no different, dealing with the ups and downs of today without any grand plan from cunts above us. Forget the big stories; we're all just trying to make sense of this crazy world. So, no need for grand claims – we English, just like everyone else, figure things out as we go along.

I discovered Deism the other day. Just by accident.
I was brought up with Sunday school and was a forced, lover/hater of God all my life but Mother Nature loves us all. I understood that.  until I found out that a belief in God based on reason rather than revelation or the teaching of any specific religion is known as Deism.

Imagine a world where there is one GOD. What happens if this god, has no control over the universe  The word originated in England in the early 17th century as a rejection of orthodox Christianity. I do not reject any god or religion but DEISM explains it all. Why has this taken so long? Is this the devil's work that I don't believe in?

LOL. As a believer in mother nature rather than ONE god then.

This is exciting. It's not Mother Nature.

This is one god who does not interfere with the universe and all its shit!!!
It's human that causes this shite.
#IT's Religion and not god that causes this shit!!!!

I'm 56 and have believed in Mother Nature all my life rather than the faith in one god. ( church of endland_)
I'm Mother Nature all the way. I believe but do not Pray.

We all have /parts/ holes/ evolution in our brains to acknowledge GOD. It has a separate part in the brain.
It is a part of the brain.

Belief in God based on reason rather than revelation or the teaching of any specific religion is known as deism. The word originated in England in the early 17th century as a rejection of orthodox Christianity.

Belief in God based on reason rather than revelation or the teaching of any specific religion is known as deism. The word originated in England in the early 17th century as a rejection of orthodox Christianity.

How did I not ever know this? It makes so much sense. It means GOD isn't a cunt after all. Religion is!
oneman
oneman

jobberpw, Pintel, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:40 pm

Once Labour get in the status quo will remain so to speak. They have no intention of scrapping any of these multi million pound all year round go no were circuses.

Quite happy to dress them up all over again with different titles.Heard one of their Muppets on tv saying ''that work isn't all about the pay cheque.'' They should have told everyone that line to the millions who couldnt pay their rent or mortgages etc over the past 12 months.I am sure the good old bwankers would have been totally understanding about that insignificant little detail. Cant pay cos i love my job.It doesnt pay my bills but I LOVE IT!!Evil or Very Mad

Now what planet do they really all live on. It's certainly never been mine.If id have known this in my 20s I'd have never bothered voting. How many people have you known who sincerely say they do their job because they loved it, and not for the pay cheque:lol: .I know a few that like to justify their work that way though. And for some reason those people just happen to all be minted.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut, Archangel and Muppet1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:49 pm

Pintel wrote:I don't see this plan/project really doing any good 🤤 for the economy.

Image you working in hr, and you see on the cv/application.
" I was on the' Mandatory Activity' at ******* limited ( already your marked as Long term U/E)! While on this Program, I was given all of the 'crepe' tasks  that no paid employee wanted to perform. As well as being treated like a second class citizen. Furthermore, any skills/experience I have gained from this placement/map, aren't recognised by any hr🤖 department. As they have trouble understanding 'transferable skills'... In addition to this company *******, does it taxes/ banking in another country, so not contributing to the treasury 🤮. So being even more 'economical inactive', than if I was doing  nothing 💸...

Me neither Pintel, employers probably think we've all been inside at some form of correctional facility. When i said to an employer few years back, 'that i did time on the WORK PROGRAMME' they said 'we need to do a background check sir. Rolling Eyes  Twisted Evil ' They thought i'd been jailed in the states Laughing . But they must believe what they like, or, i let them. Didn't want the rice grain pay anyway Evil or Very Mad  I'm now clinically inactive and the size of a beer barrel. I've been working tirelessly on that. I hope i am making myself....CLEAR! Twisted Evil  Laughing

What really pisses me off is with all these schemes and the wate of billions its costs to run them they just dont get it.You can train millions of people but can't place them into a non existent market. Only so many are needed to work in bars and coffee shops. A bar in my hometown and it's a big one told me they have staff on call as and when needed.Even that sector does not need 8 employees for 8 hrs every day mon-sun and that problem is across the uk.Its only certain people selling a different story.

The young can still work and make good money IF they still live at home. If they've left ...their be knackered, due to HB and all the crappy conditionality that surrounds universal credit etc. People are now firmly shackled. Their screwed if they work, and if they dont.

If 'someone' Rolling Eyes made a conscious decision to ring fence everyone who really did have transferable skills as they like to keep banging on about, then by now, they would have solved a lot of the skills shortages because they told me that crap in 2015.And still we're all firmly in the crap. Let's be serious, who the hell is going to be looking at taking people on and retraining them at age 60+ i'd say very, very, few.

jobberpw
jobberpw

scratch, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:16 pm

They tried this back with the Work Programme back in 2011. I was put on a work placement and I lasted less then a week and it was back to A4E and parked. It did not work then and it won't work now.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Brutus, jobberpw, Pintel, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 4 Empty dont

Post by oneman Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:46 pm

Sorry but.

oneman wrote:Just don't sign the paperwork. They will never make money out of you without a contract. You will soon get thrown off (1 day in my case)  It worked for me.
I hate and don't forgive any more. (NOT) sorry.
Very Happy
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4