BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

+12
Ignatius
Pintel
Absolut
Coconutxone
Archangel
Jara
Georgewaste
scratch
Muppet1970
The Catwoman
Mousecat
Intincroi
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? Empty Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by Ignatius Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:52 am

The government issued yet another plan for jobs yesterday. Some of it is just a rehash of things we already knew. Something new, to me at least, was mandatory work placements for those who remain unemployed after completing Restart.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/employment-support-launched-for-over-a-million-people

Ignatius

jobberpw, Pintel and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? Empty Re: Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by Mousecat Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:20 am

Ignatius wrote:The government issued yet another plan for jobs yesterday. Some of it is just a rehash of things we already knew. Something new, to me at least, was mandatory work placements for those who remain unemployed after completing Restart.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/employment-support-launched-for-over-a-million-people

NEW participants in the restart will be hell.

This is a brutal rule; it shouldn't even be allowed; tories pick on the weakest people; advisors will now have the power to mandate claimants take any job. No more pussyfooting, no transport, bad working conditions—no problem. We get you a push bike, you behave at work, you ride that to work, we will sort it out, and you start next week. No work, no money. I knew in my mind that this would happen before they couldn't mandate anyone to do any work. They are closing all the loopholes and making the programme 100 percent mandatory. It isn't long before you pull out your consent forms; they will say you are not engaging and use this against you for exercising your rights.

Thank goodness I'm working only a few hours a week, and my scheme will finish in 3 weeks shocking part they extended the scheme till 2026 some tory must be getting a back pocket out of this scam of a scheme.

Even the worst restart part has a guaranteed job outcome for every participant in the scheme at the taxpayer's expense. I read that these rules seem to be for universal credit, but I don't know about JSA.

This is why they wanted everyone on universal credit in 2024 and kicked them all to the restart. It all makes sense why they extended the contract to 2026; the statistics show the programme is a complete failure. Only 7 percent got back into work. In the next figure update, they will say 90 percent got back into work with the restart the programme is a success.
Of course, by forcing people into any job—no job, no money, no benefits—you are forced to do work. 
They are doing this before the general election, hoping to kick the unemployment rate right down. Lets hope these tosser tories get booted out of power.

Any advisor reading this message should do the right thing and quit your job. You are basically at war against the poor.

Last edited by Mousecat on Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mousecat

Caker, jobberpw, scratch, Pintel, The Catwoman, Ignatius, Charles1985 and like this post

Back to top Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? Empty Re: Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by The Catwoman Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:36 pm

Kill me now🤢
Last time I did mandatory placement it was in a community centre which no one came to and all I had to do was guard the tea pot,as the manager didn't like people drinking the tea.

The Catwoman

Brutus, jobberpw, Pintel, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:53 pm

I think that's their cunning plan, Catwoman. What will their next desperate brainwave be? All claimants to be issued with a pistol and a bottle of whisky??

Ignatius

jobberpw, Pintel, Mousecat and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:57 pm

The Catwoman wrote:Kill me now🤢

It sounds horrible. I'm dreading anyone put into this scheme. Ask for the skills boot camp if your work coach mentions restart change the subject 12 weeks vs 52 weeks restart nightmare. It is sad to say that advisors will be partying tonight with job outcome payments with the new announcement of the rules.

Bastards questioned them and said, What do you think about universal credit? 25 hours, £817 The advisor responds good with more hours because you get paid for the job outcome.

I next asked her will restart have it contract extended she said hope so fingers cross. Of course, you are too thick to do another Jo role. The cheeky bitch said the same rules apply to JSA. I said no, seek work to 16 hours.The conversation got heated, and she was frustrated that I'm not on universal credit rules, and regs are more strict with UC. They haven't even book my exit review

Mousecat

jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Sophie12 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:49 pm

The Catwoman wrote:Kill me now🤢  
Last time I did mandatory placement it was in a community centre which no one came to and all I had to do was guard the tea pot,as the manager didn't like people drinking the tea.

Now that times have changed, they will use you like a slave-free labour employer going to exploit the vulnerable unemployed for free work. It's like going backward, just sabotage, and letting them throw you off the scheme or work experience. I done this a few times, saying you cannot control your behaviour.

Coconutxone

jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:26 pm

It's times like these that a tree and a long piece of rope seems appealing.

Intincroi

jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:27 am

Correct me if I am wrong here. Wasn't the now   folded company Wilkinson ™, a partipant of the Welfare to Work scheme... Not a good sign?

Be interesting to see the company's whom are interested in participating in this program. Lets hope the DWP, don't get claimants to work at the JCP 🚽 offices...
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:17 am

I thought Wilko's used to be in cahoots with HM Prison Service, with those banged up making some of the Wilko branded products. It was Poundland who were stuffing stores with unpaid work experience people. And as Poundland have taken over lots of old Wilko stores, who knows who will be working in them...I can only go by my high street, but there simply aren't the shops there anymore for the JCP to have the same number of work placements as of old.

As the plan is to mandate work experience for those who have failed to get work after Restart, all the more reason not to sign provider paperwork. If you were never on Restart, surely you can not be sent on a placement?

Take yourself off to a darkened room, Pintel. Unpaid work experience is available in many JCP offices. I will post links if you feel your nerves could cope.

Ignatius

jobberpw and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:55 am

Our own award-winning Restart scheme, which sees recruiters work with employability services provider Maximus, has helped place 1700 long-term unemployed people into work since 2021

Maximus refused to meet me in a ground floor location for a Restart meeting and then tried to get me sanctioned for not being able to get into their building other than via their employee entrance, which was only accessible through an employee-only parking garage, to get into their employee-only lift up to the 2nd floor as if I was an employee of theirs, which I wasn't. The attempt to sanction me failed.

When they go ahead again making people work for nothing all the old reasons for why it didn't work the first, second and third times will be resurrected.
Absolut
Absolut

oneman, jobberpw, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:45 pm

Pintel wrote:Correct me if I am wrong here. Wasn't the now   folded company Wilkinson ™, a partipant of the Welfare to Work scheme... Not a good sign?

Be interesting to see the company's whom are interested in participating in this program. Lets hope the DWP, don't get claimants to work at the JCP 🚽 offices...

I remember that The Salvation Army was a big supporter of the Welfare to Work scheme Evil or Very Mad  back in the Ian Duncan Smith days. Come and work for us for nothing or we will stop your benefits. What a decent Christian-valued charity they are. Remember that when they shake their tins at you this Christmas. Perhaps even remind them. Then again they are probably just forced unpaid workers.
We tried to say it was slave labor back then but they got away with it in court. The problem we have now is that Jeremy Hunt and Mel Stride are a lot smarter than IDS and Ester Mcvey.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/government-poundland-backtowork-schemes-ruled-legally-flawed-by-supreme-court-8912817.html

This is the main reason why the restart scheme has been extended. They need to force people back to work. The Tories crashed the economy and caused the cost of capitalism crisis. People discovered in lockdown that they get about the same money if they don't work due to the crap wages available and they get a load of extra time off so millions of people never went back to work.  It will only get worse when Labour gets in. Rolling Eyes
oneman
oneman

Brutus, Absolut, jobberpw, Pintel, Ignatius, Mousecat and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:13 pm

I've never understood how this 'Mandatory Work Placement'(welfare to work). Helps the economy. As you can imagine, alot of Brokers of the scheme, will also be Employment Agencies, just look at the Restart scheme 🚨. So there's monopolies issues here. Not to mention any 'corporate hospitality'/ under the table payments that are going to happen (tax free). In the article it kept mentioning 'taxpayer', good for the economy?

Back to Broker's/E agencies. So they get a double dip of the pie? Eg: Company ****, we need a temp worker for a month. Now do we ?
A) Get an on the books, agency worker. Need to pay Tax etc. Costly option.
Or the cheaper version
B) A person on the MWP, no Tax, no wages, no workers rights. And we get them for Free🤑..

So already undermining, what the program/placement is supposed to do?? 😖 It isn't going to fuel the economy, generating taxes. Or even help the UE claimant, as it is classified as voluntary work. So can't use it as experience, as I was told by a hr manager, ' voluntary work isn't the same as paid employment'..confused

🏆 WELL DONE (right hon) MEL....👋👋👋👋

Pintel
Pintel

oneman, Absolut, jobberpw, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:20 pm

Long shot, my mate tried this once. It was with the new deal worked wonders could be way out with the restart they currently have no tick in the box for any criminal convictions. Reading their guidance appointment meeting, they are not allowed to ask only when they put you forward for jobs. Are they legal allowed to check if you have any criminal convictions can you literally lie to them say you have eg 6 years for robbery pretty sure not signing the provider forms stops them asking around. I will literally go this far if I get sent again to the restart.

Mousecat

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:22 pm

I see that article is 10x years old,
Wednesday 30 October 2013.
#Oneman.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/government-poundland-backtowork-schemes-ruled-legally-flawed-by-supreme-court-8912817.html

So "rinse and repeat"♻, the same old ideas...

Maybe the DWP 👺 could, bring back 'Transportation' to another continent. I hear a country R*****, has got a booming  economy. Maybe they could outsource us there 🤔..
Pintel
Pintel

Brutus, oneman, jobberpw, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:28 pm

oneman wrote:
Pintel wrote:Correct me if I am wrong here. Wasn't the now   folded company Wilkinson ™, a partipant of the Welfare to Work scheme... Not a good sign?

I remember that The Salvation Army was a big supporter of the Welfare to Work scheme Evil or Very Mad  back in the Ian Duncan Smith days. Come and work for us for nothing or we will stop your benefits. What a decent Christian-valued charity they are. Remember that when they shake their tins at you this Christmas. Perhaps even remind them. Then again they are probably just forced unpaid workers.
We tried to say it was slave labor back then but they got away with it in court. The problem we have now is that Jeremy Hunt and Mel Stride are a lot smarter than IDS and Ester Mcvey.

This is the main reason why the restart scheme has been extended. They need to force people back to work. The Tories crashed the economy and caused the cost of capitalism crisis. People discovered in lockdown that they get about the same money if they don't work due to the crap wages available and they get a load of extra time off so millions of people never went back to work.  It will only get worse when Labour gets in. Rolling Eyes

They blame the unemployed for everything next is global warming
They. couldn't pay me to become a restart advisor, no matter what the pay is. I would rather clean toilets for a living instead of putting people on the streets.

Imagine being a restart advisor to 2026 with these new rules in place. You must have no heart, no care. Don't give a fuck about people's feelings, no dignity at all. These are not people, these are monsters we are dealing with.

Mousecat

oneman, Absolut, jobberpw, Pintel, Archangel, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:30 pm

#Mouscat, the only trouble with this strategy. Is it could backfire on you?!! Saying you have a criminal record, when you don't. As with all the data sharing, creating a self forfilling prophecy...

Last edited by Pintel on Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pintel
Pintel

oneman, jobberpw, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:30 pm

A friend of mine threatened the Restart manager and the police arrived at his home and told him to stay away from Restart. He never went back and never got sanctioned or a criminal conviction. Makes you think?
oneman
oneman

Absolut, jobberpw, scratch, Pintel, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:39 pm

Mousecat wrote:

They blame the unemployed for everything next is global warming
They. couldn't pay me to become a restart advisor, no matter what the pay is. I would rather clean toilets for a living instead of putting people on the streets.

Imagine being a restart advisor to 2026 with these new rules in place. You must have no heart, no care. Don't give a fuck about people's feelings, no dignity at all. These are not people, these are monsters we are dealing with.

You are missing the cunning plan Mousecat. If you work for Restart. Don't follow their draconian rules and get sacked then you won't be going back as a client as that would be unreasonable and they need a good reason before they send you.Smile
oneman
oneman

jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:42 pm

Again, a dangerous card to play, #Oneman?

Have to wonder if a similar strategy, was used on the 'Mandatory Work Placemat'. Would anyone in their right mind, want a ,'loose cannon' in the workplace.....🤔

Pintel
Pintel

oneman, jobberpw, Archangel, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:53 pm

The safest thing to do is mess about as much as you can, sabotage and, as much, let them throw you off the scheme. Wasting the advisor's time, keep changing your action plan. One week you do this job cleaning, next week bricklaying another week teaching or care work. You keep doing that. Keep changing your mind make your advisor confused Jobs they want you forward tell them doing my own. Courses they want you to do say I sourced my own.

Overtime, the advisor asked me told them it's random a third party didn't require this.

What day you are working. I don't know random again. I'm not the manager it will come.

The end result is you are costing them money and, serious time wasting they don't like these people, that what happened to me they would call it a day, patience will pay off and boot you off the scheme and use the space for someone else who want to be on the scheme on his workload.

My advisor even mentioned to me all you do is sabotage you just don't stop.

Coconutxone

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:00 pm

Just don't sign the paperwork. They will never make money out of you without a contract. You will soon get thrown off (1 day in my case) It worked for me.
oneman
oneman

Absolut, jobberpw, scratch, Pintel, Gallazz, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:26 pm

Pintel, perhaps you are onto something with Rwanda. They desperately need a plane to take off for Rwanda before the election, and they probably no longer care who's on the passenger list...

It is all less a Back to Work plan and more Operation Get Some Votes. They aren't supposed to be economically credible. Make Benefit Claimants the Enemy to appeal to the GB News audience and deflect from government incompetence. A useless government is bad enough, a useless and nasty government..

I suppose we should be asking what they will dream up next if these plans don't get them an opinion poll boost

Ignatius

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel, Archangel and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:12 pm

I think I'm on my way to Rwanda soon, every appointment I have now is WC going on about getting a passport and when am I getting one. I haven't told her I can't get one as I haven't got anyone to sign it.
You would think the WC would sign it to make things easier, but of course not.

The Catwoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:13 pm

oneman wrote:Just don't sign the paperwork. They will never make money out of you without a contract. You will soon get thrown off (1 day in my case)  It worked for me.

Lucky, I pulled out my sharing contract forms early May probably made it worst seems like they all wanted revenge everyone seems cheesed off completely destroyed the manager he even said I will not sign the withdrawal forms.

Next I sourced myself into employment.

They saw me having the potential and should have kept my fucking mouth shut from the beginning and they insisted kept on going for months literally months trying to get me to a restart role for money.
Due to the short amount hours I'm doing, no consent forms they will never receive the job outcome payment has to be 16 hours and 26 weeks in employment on their own role to track everything.
I'm only doing 7 hours a week, they never get paid which resulted in sabotaging getting off the early exit of the scheme they were doing my head in so badly each appointment asking the same set of questions overtime confirmed yet? 16 hours yet
what days you work?
How many hours you worked?
The next scheme going to do the right thing.don't speak a word never show your skills and come into my appointments smelling like a junkie with a can of carlsberg spoke to some people on the sign on day that goes to the same restart office ask them do they pressure you doing things and are they always friendly to you they say yes no pressure to do anything but these people look like complete drug addicts without any skills in the modern day world

Last edited by Coconutxone on Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coconutxone

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet1970 Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:21 pm

The Catwoman wrote:I think I'm on my way to Rwanda soon, every appointment I have now is WC going on about getting a passport and when am I getting one. I haven't told her I can't get one as I haven't got anyone to sign it.
  You would think the WC would sign it to make things easier, but of course not.

Passport isn't cheap benefits ain't paying enough to buy food let alone a passport the best thing is don't have right to work documents work programme require these before they can put you forward to any jobs.

Muppet1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next