BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

+12
Ignatius
Pintel
Absolut
Coconutxone
Archangel
Jara
Georgewaste
scratch
Muppet1970
The Catwoman
Mousecat
Intincroi
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 3 Empty Re: Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by oneman Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:56 pm

Jara wrote:
oneman wrote:
Archangel wrote:
oneman wrote:Just don't sign the paperwork. They will never make money out of you without a contract. You will soon get thrown off (1 day in my case)  It worked for me.

I think this strategy will not be available any longer if the Tories win the next election, which they will. Don't  believe the polls. Most UK voters are closet Tories.

You will never ever be forced to sign any contract no matter who is in charge of this mess of a country.

That is very true, but the Tories could make it much easier for the providers to claim money without a claimant signature.

Not arguing the point but if that is true then why have they not already done so? Especially now they have had another chance to change things when they extended the Restart scheme?
oneman
oneman

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 3 Empty Re: Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:43 pm

I would rule nothing out. They can't do it now until they have won the election.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:51 pm

Wasn't there a similar scheme (voluntary) in the 1980's? Sorry I don't remember the name of it. Basically it was, you did a job for the week. And got your travel & a lunch (via luncheon vouchers), aswell as your benefits etc...👍  Now to a few years ago. I went to a presentation for a similar scheme. But streamlined the 🥕 carrot and kept the stick. So it basically was working 30xhrs a week. And for this you got a travel/bus pass for the week ( not even 2xhrs of national minimum wage 💸). No lunch money etc. And the best part was as another participant asked in the Q+A's. Participants where still expected to do their full time jobs search, in addition to doing a full time job, for a bus ticket 😅.  There wasn't a que to enroll on the scheme 🤔.    

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 3 2650990582
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, Archangel and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:57 pm

While nothing has been finalized, you could imagine the program/scheme/initiative, will have few benefits for the participants. Plus the added burden of job seeking, to add insult to injury 😵.

What happened to Dave C, wanting to get rid of the 'Something for Nothing culture' 🤔.

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:01 pm

Hunt says more tax cuts in March trying to buy voters. God help us if they win the election. Five years from now, everyone will be out working in sweat shops, roaches all armed with pistols and hammers. G4S will have body armour restart, and advisors will be ready for torture. By waterboarding their participants into saying yes in a private room all you hear is screaming participants.

The restart provider will be open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Sunday appointments will commence on weekends, too. Fuck this.Restart Advisor will say yes to £16 an hour of weekend work that is tax-funded. Imagine job centre follow suit 9am to 9pm Monday to Sunday. 

Last edited by Coconutxone on Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coconutxone

jobberpw, Pintel, Gallazz and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:10 pm

Seem like another step back to the "Work House". confused You can only imagine, what a 'Service Industry 🏭' version would be like? Pulling 'oakum' would be too Industrial for modern britain....😒

More like removing 📎staples from paperwork, for the scrap metal....

Rolling Eyes
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, Archangel, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:12 am

You have to wonder where these Placements 🎪, are going to happen? On my local High street/Town centre, the amount of Charity shop's closing down is frightening 🤪... While on the Work Program, this was the default setting. For getting wp- participant's, to get them to volunteer to these shops( into the retail sector I think they called it). 🧐

But what now, will these providers for 'Back to Vork' .Need to create 'Dummy/Front company's' just to cook the books 📚 ...

Also be good to see any, exceptions available????🤫
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut, jobberpw, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:12 am

Pintel wrote:You have to wonder where these Placements 🎪, are going to happen? On my local High street/Town centre, the amount of Charity shop's closing down is frightening 🤪... While on the Work Program, this was the default setting. For getting wp- participant's, to get them to volunteer to these shops( into the retail sector I think they called it). 🧐

But what now, will these providers for 'Back to Vork' .Need to create 'Dummy/Front company's' just to cook the books 📚 ...

Also be good to see any, exceptions available????🤫

They may not restrict it to charity shops. I can certainly see a bunch of supermarkets, food factories, fast food restaurants and fruit picking plants wanting free labourers.

Jara

jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:24 am

Pintel wrote:Wasn't there a similar scheme (voluntary) in the 1980's? Sorry I don't remember the name of it. Basically it was, you did a job for the week. And got your travel & a lunch (via luncheon vouchers), aswell as your benefits etc...👍  Now to a few years ago. I went to a presentation for a similar scheme. But streamlined the 🥕 carrot and kept the stick. So it basically was working 30xhrs a week. And for this you got a travel/bus pass for the week ( not even 2xhrs of national minimum wage 💸). No lunch money etc. And the best part was as another participant asked in the Q+A's. Participants where still expected to do their full time jobs search, in addition to doing a full time job, for a bus ticket 😅.  There wasn't a que to enroll on the scheme 🤔.    

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 3 2650990582

I remember something like that. It was voluntary and the jobs were fairly decent and existed as jobs and not some zero hours slave labour crap job.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:26 am

Coconutxone wrote:Hunt says more tax cuts in March trying to buy voters. God help us if they win the election. Five years from now, everyone will be out working in sweat shops, roaches all armed with pistols and hammers. G4S will have body armour restart, and advisors will be ready for torture. By waterboarding their participants into saying yes in a private room all you hear is screaming participants.

The restart provider will be open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Sunday appointments will commence on weekends, too. Fuck this.Restart Advisor will say yes to £16 an hour of weekend work that is tax-funded. Imagine job centre follow suit 9am to 9pm Monday to Sunday. 

The Tories think that there are enough viewers of GB News and TalkTV to win them the next election. They are wrong. These right-wing nutters are really only a vocal minority. The Tories haven't done any market research.

Archangel

jobberpw, Pintel, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:55 pm

#Jara,:
"They may not restrict it to charity shops. I can certainly see a bunch of supermarkets, food factories, fast food restaurants and fruit picking plants wanting free labourers."

confused No doubt the usual snouts 🐽 at the trought! One point, does anyone know of the travel restrictions, is it the 90x min rules, same as for work?
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:06 am

Jara wrote:They may not restrict it to charity shops. I can certainly see a bunch of supermarkets, food factories, fast food restaurants and fruit picking plants wanting free labourers.

Which could get them into trouble for not paying minimum wage.
Absolut
Absolut

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:10 pm

Work placements are normally sourced from businesses who rely on "soft skills" ie customer service, meaning retail and hospitality. They will also need the volume of placements, suggesting a role for big business.

Anyone remember at the time of the coalition government reports on Ch4 news about Tesco not paying people for work experience?

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:54 pm

Any company wanting to damage 💥 their reputation, by using conscript labour. Gets all they deserve 💫👎.

🍄
by Ignatius
Work placements are normally sourced from businesses who rely on "soft skills" ie customer service, meaning retail and hospitality"

Maybe, they could do a 'Soft skills course' on these attributes... Be more use than the usual,   PowerPoint presentation, on the usual 'cat🐱 sat on the mat' course'. Not sure how they will train the 'dis-engaged' vacant look, and can't be bothered attitude 🦍, thou.
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:00 pm

Pintel wrote:Any company wanting to damage 💥 their reputation, by using conscript labour. Gets all they deserve 💫👎.

🍄
by Ignatius
Work placements are normally sourced from businesses who rely on "soft skills" ie customer service, meaning retail and hospitality"

Maybe, they could do a 'Soft skills course' on these attributes... Be more use than the usual,   PowerPoint presentation, on the usual 'cat🐱 sat on the mat' course'. Not sure how they will train the 'dis-engaged' vacant look, and can't be bothered attitude 🦍, thou.

I will make sure it costs them more that week by sabotaging everything I see, like giving away free goods to customers.Damaging goods, shutting down phones and tills, and switching off the electricity make sure they never want a worker doing free labour ever again. Also, the person who sent me would be in big trouble did that once they put on some silly forklift scheme and ended up crashing the forklift while driving forward. When work roach asked how the scheme I remained silent she literally rang up they told them never allow this person back ever again. Lol Hahah sabotage is the best way out blacklist your name. Even my restart advisor said no more appointments for you you finish 2 months early.

Last edited by Coconutxone on Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coconutxone

Absolut, jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:08 pm

But # Coconutxone, think how good 🤤 it would look on your CV, that you have been exploted on this Program..

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:12 pm

Pintel wrote:But # Coconutxone, think how good 🤤 it would look on your CV, that you have been exploted on this Program..

Plenty list turn up naked can of beer.
I'm born natural even restart said to my face you just sabotage everything we give you. Lol the provider even took me off the mailing list lol

Coconutxone

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:27 am

Reagan said that the scariest words anyone can hear is "We are from the government and we are here to help you." Evil or Very Mad
Absolut
Absolut

oneman, jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:32 pm

I don't see this plan/project really doing any good 🤤 for the economy.

Image you working in hr, and you see on the cv/application.
" I was on the' Mandatory Activity' at ******* limited ( already your marked as Long term U/E)! While on this Program, I was given all of the 'crepe' tasks that no paid employee wanted to perform. As well as being treated like a second class citizen. Furthermore, any skills/experience I have gained from this placement/map, aren't recognised by any hr🤖 department. As they have trouble understanding 'transferable skills'... In addition to this company *******, does it taxes/ banking in another country, so not contributing to the treasury 🤮. So being even more 'economical inactive', than if I was doing nothing 💸...

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:43 pm

These work placements your roach and restart advisors say don't write this into your CV, just like the job centre courses they don't want themselves exposed to giving out useless. Fucking shite waste of time placement and courses.

Charles1985

jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:54 pm

I don't even think it will take off again even if they get back in. It's just a Tory vote-winning ploy that they always pull out of the bag. Smash the benefit scroungers! unfortunately, most of the country is on benefits now. As Absolut pointed out, not paying minimum wage will be a huge problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/oct/30/poundland-case-government-defeated-work-schemes-duncan-smith

Remember when IDS got caught out and retrospectively tried to change the law to suit him?
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:59 pm

I agree with you 💯% #Charles. Yet why keep sending me on theses course's🙄. That must cost them a 'pretty penny'....
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:00 pm

Pintel wrote:I agree with you 💯% #Charles. Yet why keep sending me on theses course's🙄. That must cost them a 'pretty penny'....

Think again about who pays for this!
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:06 pm

#Oneman, your right 🤞 but they keep on trying with these 'Cheap labour' initives.
It's like they take all of the parts that worked from the 1930's New Deal ( not the rehash in the 1990's way). You paid people a wage, and built infostructure that improved the country. As I understood it, boosting the economy.
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:18 pm

Pintel wrote:#Oneman,  your right 🤞 but they keep on trying with these 'Cheap labour' initives.
It's like they take all of the parts that worked from the 1930's New Deal ( not the rehash in the 1990's way). You paid people a wage, and built infostructure that improved the country. As I understood it, boosting the economy.

No pintel. What economy? As long as people are on restart or mandated to do a non-paid job then they are no longer classed as unemployed!Mad  So the government can brag about having the lowest unemployment figures since time began.

Look at how they cheered and bragged when they got inflation down by half. The truth is neither they nor the bankers did anything and it might be down by half but it's still a 70% increase from last year. They did not mention that, did they?

Smoke and mirrors. Twisted Evil
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next