BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

+12
Ignatius
Pintel
Absolut
Coconutxone
Archangel
Jara
Georgewaste
scratch
Muppet1970
The Catwoman
Mousecat
Intincroi
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by oneman Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:53 pm

Ignatius wrote:

I suppose we should be asking what they will dream up next if these plans don't get them an opinion poll boost

Perhaps they will stop doctors issuing fit notes and then chuck everyone on UC without a fit note off benefits after 12 month. Lol.

Oh! They are going to announce this on wednesday!
oneman
oneman

Pintel, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Return of Mandatory Work Placements? - Page 2 Empty Re: Return of Mandatory Work Placements?

Post by Ignatius Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:09 pm

One thing we've overlooked is they are also considering fiddling with next year's benefit increase. Normally it is linked to September's inflation rate, but because that was too high they are considering alternatives so we get a lower uprating. All will be revealed in the Autumn Statement this week.

Ignatius

Pintel and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:16 pm

Ignatius wrote:One thing we've overlooked is they are also considering fiddling with next year's benefit increase. Normally it is linked to September's inflation rate, but because that was too high they are considering alternatives so we get a lower uprating. All will be revealed in the Autumn Statement this week.

Anyone has Jeremy cunt address maybe we start fucking about with him now the dude has a death wish fucked about with the junior doctors about pay for months now he fucking with the benefits system.
I thought Ian duncan smith was bad this is next level at this rate if tories remain in power job centres will be on flames next year restart advisors having punch ups outside the office.
No wonder why plenty G4S jobs on the go now they are hiring to protect the job centres and restart offices in large numbers trouble times ahead people at boiling point now so much the little people can take once they snap god help you.

Charles1985

scratch, Pintel and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:13 pm

The more time I spend on this planet 🌎, you see things come in cycle of 30x or so years. In the 1980's, it was 'transport' the unemployed to S-Africa ( Oliver's army by Elvis Costello).
I just waiting for the Tory, cry of 'bring back national service'... That would get the Dole figure's down. Just more sweeping problems under the carpet... 🤔

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhkwj85VzcE&pp=ygUNb2xpdmVyJ3MgYXJteQ%3D%3D

🔊 02.09 time stamp...

🔺 johannesburg (SA)

Ps: #Ignatius, I was thinking of another country beginning with R***ia. As I've heard that there a labour shortage. Eastwards the wagons... Comrade....
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgewaste Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:38 pm

Can you remember years back you had to clean and paint fences to receive your benefits money that went well. Did that actually take off?
The media are all to blame for causing a massive stir against the poor receiving state benefits. We only require money to feed ourselves. We shouldn't be fighting like life and death. The quicker basic universal credit comes, the better life will be. Sanctions shouldn't even be this bad. They should sanction our money for 2 weeks tops but give us food vouchers instead, pretty sure this is against any human rights, removing what you can survive on that food. And where the fuck are all these so-called jobs coming from-all.

I see is self checkout services in every supermarket plenty stores closing down and AI taking over.
Also, extending the contract on the restart makes matters worse. The more vulnerable people are going to be abused and exploited advisors will get away free jail card no code of conduct the last advisor tried to abuse me got a promotion she now working senior manager level.

They are already running riot, as we speak. Give them more ammo while you can well done government if my business ran like the restart.

I would literally shut the fucking place down and sack a lot of them. None of these advisors are fit for purpose. Most of these would join the dole queue the very next day without the unemployed restart wouldn't even exist tell that to your advisor.
This is our UK government,, what, a shit show all about money, but they are targeting the most vulnerable people by using third-party companies so they can cover their dirty tracks by keeping the job centre clean. My restart provider changed its name 3 times. We wonder why, due to the negative feedback and bad press, they quickly changed names and started fresh the same with restart advisors once the amount of complaints on that advisor alone they quickly change their roles incase of sacking what corrupted scheme no rules to follow.
A couple of times I made a complaint about the abusive restart advisor. The resolution and investigation outcome says that it is completed with a changed advisor that it's the end of the day' restart is also leeching off tax payers' money. There is no difference from people receiving state benefits telling your advisor too.

Last edited by Georgewaste on Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Georgewaste

Pintel and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:53 pm

#Georgewaste,
"Can you remember years back you had to clean and paint fences to receive your benefits money that went well. Did that actually take off?"

🍉 I think they tried something like that, but it was seen as discriminating against U/€ patrons. As its was seen as too close to "Community Service/Payback". So being branded a criminal for being unemployed.?

A few years back I seem to remember,  they wanted U/€ patrons to shovel snow ❄ off the pavements, to save the council/LA from using their staff to do it... Get what you pay for??? Gave them the name 'Snow 👼 Angel's'?
Pintel
Pintel

Georgewaste likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgewaste Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:04 pm

Pintel wrote:#Georgewaste,
"Can you remember years back you had to clean and paint fences to receive your benefits money that went well. Did that actually take off?"

🍉 I think they tried something like that, but it was seen as discriminating against U/€ patrons. As its was seen as too close to "Community Service/Payback". So being branded a criminal for being unemployed.?

A few years back I seem to remember,  they wanted U/€ patrons to shovel snow ❄ off the pavements, to save the council/LA from using their staff to do it... Get what you pay for??? Gave them the name 'Snow 👼 Angel's'?

Crazy at least prisoners doing life for murder painting fences behind closed doors. They want the unemployed people on show to the whole world to see and take pictures and laugh, at imagine seeing yourself on in the dailymail. Maybe I will punch my advisor and get charged in my next meeting if these fuckers say you have to work experience for free outside painting fences. At least I'm not getting embarrassed.

Government are doing the most clever thing with the restart by using sub-contractors hard to track down and take legal action against hiding behind a big name providers eg likes of reeds, seetec, Ingeus, Peopleplus, Fedcap, G4S

Georgewaste

Back to top Go down

Post by scratch Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:22 pm

After going through the meat grinder on CWP, Any company that forces me to do unpaid work I will be so incompetent and destructive to your business that your company will be insolvent after a week.

scratch

The Catwoman and Georgewaste like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgewaste Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:33 pm

scratch wrote:After going through the meat grinder on CWP, Any company that forces me to do unpaid work I will be so incompetent and destructive to your business that your company will be insolvent after a week.

Lol, Tell them you have a nasty habit of stealing goods cannot keep your hands to yourself also watch your tills better be honest to them on the first day.

Also the work coach or advisor set you up will be a great liability they will face serious questions they are responsible if something ever gets stolen that will teach them not to send you to another unpaid work another way out.

Georgewaste

scratch and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Ignatius wrote:The government issued yet another plan for jobs yesterday. Some of it is just a rehash of things we already knew. Something new, to me at least, was mandatory work placements for those who remain unemployed after completing Restart.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/employment-support-launched-for-over-a-million-people

"Stricter sanctions for people who should be looking for work but aren’t – including targeting disengaged claimants by closing the claims of individuals on an open-ended sanction for over six months and solely eligible for the Universal Credit standard allowance, ending their access to additional benefits such as free prescriptions and legal aid."

I wonder what an "open-ended sanction means"

Archangel

Pintel, Ignatius and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:17 pm

An open ended sanction probably means comply or die.

Ignatius

Pintel, Archangel and Charles1985 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:32 pm

Ignatius wrote:An open ended sanction probably means comply or die.

Open-ended sanction It sounds like you have done time for a serious offence like murder. The number of times I heard from my restart advisor that you must comply with the law, I just laughed and brushed it off, knowing they were talking bullshit nonsense. The guilable participants will bend backwards to their restart advisors.

Charles1985

Pintel and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:38 pm

[quote="Archangel"]
Ignatius wrote:

Any sanction on UC is open-ended until you comply with the sanction. Your money is not just stopped for a period of days/weeks like on JSA, It's stopped forever until you comply or officially complain and take them to a tribunal, that will never get there because it costs them too much to take things to a tribunal.
oneman
oneman

Pintel and Archangel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charles1985 Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:14 pm

oneman wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Ignatius wrote:

Any sanction on UC is open-ended until you comply with the sanction. Your money is not just stopped for a period of days/weeks like on JSA, It's stopped forever until you comply or officially complain and take them to a tribunal, that will never get there because it costs them too much to take things to a tribunal.

And we know why roaches and restart advisors hate people on JSA you don't have to comply with shit also near impossible to contact a work coach.

Charles1985

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:14 pm

Mousecat wrote:
Ignatius wrote:The government issued yet another plan for jobs yesterday. Some of it is just a rehash of things we already knew. Something new, to me at least, was mandatory work placements for those who remain unemployed after completing Restart.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/employment-support-launched-for-over-a-million-people

NEW participants in the restart will be hell.

This is a brutal rule; it shouldn't even be allowed; tories pick on the weakest people; advisors will now have the power to mandate claimants take any job. No more pussyfooting, no transport, bad working conditions—no problem. We get you a push bike, you behave at work, you ride that to work, we will sort it out, and you start next week. No work, no money. I knew in my mind that this would happen before they couldn't mandate anyone to do any work. They are closing all the loopholes and making the programme 100 percent mandatory. It isn't long before you pull out your consent forms; they will say you are not engaging and use this against you for exercising your rights.

Thank goodness I'm working only a few hours a week, and my scheme will finish in 3 weeks shocking part they extended the scheme till 2026 some tory must be getting a back pocket out of this scam of a scheme.

Even the worst restart part has a guaranteed job outcome for every participant in the scheme at the taxpayer's expense. I read that these rules seem to be for universal credit, but I don't know about JSA.

This is why they wanted everyone on universal credit in 2024 and kicked them all to the restart. It all makes sense why they extended the contract to 2026; the statistics show the programme is a complete failure. Only 7 percent got back into work. In the next figure update, they will say 90 percent got back into work with the restart the programme is a success.
Of course, by forcing people into any job—no job, no money, no benefits—you are forced to do work. 
They are doing this before the general election, hoping to kick the unemployment rate right down. Lets hope these tosser tories get booted out of power.

Any advisor reading this message should do the right thing and quit your job. You are basically at war against the poor.

Will the job they mandate you to be paid the job's official salary, or will you work for only your dole?

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:19 pm

The Catwoman wrote:Kill me now🤢  
Last time I did mandatory placement it was in a community centre which no one came to and all I had to do was guard the tea pot,as the manager didn't like people drinking the tea.

Even that sounds better than going to the jobcentre and getting hassled. I'd take any crap job that required me to do nothing, just to keep the jobcentre off my back.

Archangel

The Catwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:30 pm

Mousecat wrote:
Long shot, my mate tried this once. It was with the new deal worked wonders could be way out with the restart they currently have no tick in the box for any criminal convictions. Reading their guidance appointment meeting, they are not allowed to ask only when they put you forward for jobs. Are they legal allowed to check if you have any criminal convictions can you literally lie to them say you have eg 6 years for robbery pretty sure not signing the provider forms stops them asking around. I will literally go this far if I get sent again to the restart.

If you tried that, they might mandate you to do menial jobs in prisons.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:34 pm

Mousecat wrote:
oneman wrote:
Pintel wrote:Correct me if I am wrong here. Wasn't the now   folded company Wilkinson ™, a partipant of the Welfare to Work scheme... Not a good sign?

Be interesting to see the company's whom are interested in participating in this program. Lets hope the DWP, don't get claimants to work at the JCP 🚽 offices...

I remember that The Salvation Army was a big supporter of the Welfare to Work scheme Evil or Very Mad  back in the Ian Duncan Smith days. Come and work for us for nothing or we will stop your benefits. What a decent Christian-valued charity they are. Remember that when they shake their tins at you this Christmas. Perhaps even remind them. Then again they are probably just forced unpaid workers.
We tried to say it was slave labor back then but they got away with it in court. The problem we have now is that Jeremy Hunt and Mel Stride are a lot smarter than IDS and Ester Mcvey.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/government-poundland-backtowork-schemes-ruled-legally-flawed-by-supreme-court-8912817.html

This is the main reason why the restart scheme has been extended. They need to force people back to work. The Tories crashed the economy and caused the cost of capitalism crisis. People discovered in lockdown that they get about the same money if they don't work due to the crap wages available and they get a load of extra time off so millions of people never went back to work.  It will only get worse when Labour gets in. Rolling Eyes

They blame the unemployed for everything next is global warming
They. couldn't pay me to become a restart advisor, no matter what the pay is. I would rather clean toilets for a living instead of putting people on the streets.

Imagine being a restart advisor to 2026 with these new rules in place. You must have no heart, no care. Don't give a fuck about people's feelings, no dignity at all. These are not people, these are monsters we are dealing with.

My roach tried to put me on Restart by saying it was "urgent" I go on it. I never thought I was that important!

Archangel

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:39 pm

Pintel wrote:Again, a dangerous card to play, #Oneman?

Have to wonder if a similar strategy, was used  on the 'Mandatory Work Placemat'. Would anyone in their right mind, want a ,'loose cannon' in the workplace.....🤔

Good point. The same can be said if someone supported a far right party that was anti-Muslim and anti-immigration etc. All jobs operate a "safe space" policy, and won't want some raving right-wing nutter on the premises... GB news would, but you'd have to be London-based for that.

Last edited by Archangel on Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Archangel

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:41 pm

Coconutxone wrote:The safest thing to do is mess about as much as you can, sabotage and, as much, let them throw you off the scheme. Wasting the advisor's time, keep changing your action plan. One week you do this job cleaning, next week bricklaying another week teaching or care work. You keep doing that. Keep changing your mind make your advisor confused Jobs they want you forward tell them doing my own. Courses they want you to do say I sourced my own.

Overtime, the advisor asked me told them it's random a third party didn't require this.

What day you are working. I don't know random again. I'm not the manager it will come.

The end result is you are costing them money and, serious time wasting they don't like these people, that what happened to me they would call it a day, patience will pay off and boot you off the scheme and use the space for someone else who want to be on the scheme on his workload.

My advisor even mentioned to me all you do is sabotage you just don't stop.

True, but even doing that would be too much of a hassle and grief for me.

Archangel

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:42 pm

oneman wrote:Just don't sign the paperwork. They will never make money out of you without a contract. You will soon get thrown off (1 day in my case)  It worked for me.

I think this strategy will not be available any longer if the Tories win the next election, which they will. Don't believe the polls. Most UK voters are closet Tories.

Archangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:48 pm

Pintel wrote:The more time I spend on this planet 🌎, you see things come in cycle of 30x or so years. In the 1980's, it was 'transport' the unemployed to S-Africa ( Oliver's army by Elvis Costello).
I just waiting for the Tory, cry of 'bring back national service'... That would get the Dole figure's down. Just more sweeping problems under the carpet... 🤔

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhkwj85VzcE&pp=ygUNb2xpdmVyJ3MgYXJteQ%3D%3D

🔊 02.09 time stamp...

🔺 johannesburg (SA)

Ps: #Ignatius, I was thinking of another country beginning with R***ia. As I've heard that there a labour shortage. Eastwards the wagons... Comrade....

Even back then, being unemployed was heaven compared to now. Not once back then was I hassled to get a job or do forced job-seeking under threat of sanction. I also got a grant for furniture and curtains, and white goods items. And any clothes I needed.

Archangel

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:51 pm

Georgewaste wrote:Can you remember years back you had to clean and paint fences to receive your benefits money that went well. Did that actually take off?
The media are all to blame for causing a massive stir against the poor receiving state benefits. We only require money to feed ourselves. We shouldn't be fighting like life and death. The quicker basic universal credit comes, the better life will be. Sanctions shouldn't even be this bad. They should sanction our money for 2 weeks tops but give us food vouchers instead, pretty sure this is against any human rights, removing what you can survive on that food. And where the fuck are all these so-called jobs coming from-all.

I see is self checkout services in every supermarket plenty stores closing down and AI taking over.
Also, extending the contract on the restart makes matters worse. The more vulnerable people are going to be abused and exploited advisors will get away free jail card no code of conduct the last advisor tried to abuse me got a promotion she now working senior manager level.

They are already running riot, as we speak. Give them more ammo while you can well done government if my business ran like the restart.

I would literally shut the fucking place down and sack a lot of them. None of these advisors are fit for purpose. Most of these would join the dole queue the very next day without the unemployed restart wouldn't even exist tell that to your advisor.
This is our UK government,, what, a shit show all about money, but they are targeting the most vulnerable people by using third-party companies so they can cover their dirty tracks by keeping the job centre clean. My restart provider changed its name 3 times. We wonder why, due to the negative feedback and bad press, they quickly changed names and started fresh the same with restart advisors once the amount of complaints on that advisor alone they quickly change their roles incase of sacking what corrupted scheme no rules to follow.
A couple of times I made a complaint about the abusive restart advisor. The resolution and investigation outcome says that it is completed with a changed advisor that it's the end of the day' restart is also leeching off tax payers' money. There is no difference from people receiving state benefits telling your advisor too.

There was YTS (Youth Training Scheme) but that wasn't mandatory, and as only for teenagers or under 25s.

Back then there was free Further Education courses for the unemployed, and discounts for theatre and cinema tickets and other art venues. That was at the height of Thatcherism, too. Whatever other faults she had, she let the unemployed get on with their lives.

Archangel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:35 pm

Archangel wrote:
oneman wrote:Just don't sign the paperwork. They will never make money out of you without a contract. You will soon get thrown off (1 day in my case)  It worked for me.

I think this strategy will not be available any longer if the Tories win the next election, which they will. Don't  believe the polls. Most UK voters are closet Tories.

You will never ever be forced to sign any contract no matter who is in charge of this mess of a country.
oneman
oneman

Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:44 pm

oneman wrote:
Archangel wrote:

I think this strategy will not be available any longer if the Tories win the next election, which they will. Don't  believe the polls. Most UK voters are closet Tories.

You will never ever be forced to sign any contract no matter who is in charge of this mess of a country.

That is very true, but the Tories could make it much easier for the providers to claim money without a claimant signature.

Jara

Pintel, Archangel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next