BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warm Handover (Restart Scheme)

+5
mandy tori
The Catwoman
jobberpw
Absolut
Pintel
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Warm Handover (Restart Scheme) - Page 4 Empty Re: Warm Handover (Restart Scheme)

Post by Absolut Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:23 am

Absolut hopefully my experience with maximus will stand you both in good sted, avoid portal (they still try and get me to use it) and dont sign any provider paperwork including the induction (it has carbon paper no word of a lie) and they review your action plan over and over begging you to sign it.

i haven't been asked to do one single thing almost 6 months in..

I think Mr Absolut was deceived into already signing into the provider portal. They told us both to go upstairs to "prove job search". I refused to go to the room they'd booked (on the 3rd floor), but Mr Absolut "logged" in with his email address. That sounds like the provider portal to me. I don't see why the DWP would need anyone to enter their email to use a JCP computer. The chap "overseeing" everyone had no ID badge and Mr Absolut asked him a lot of questions. 2 weeks later they cancelled the "go upstairs" nonsense. 2 weeks after that they told us we've been booked to be referred to Restart.

They think the ends justify the means but they don't. Fraud is not acceptable.
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Warm Handover (Restart Scheme) - Page 4 Empty Re: Warm Handover (Restart Scheme)

Post by Ignatius Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:17 am

I'm happy to be corrected, but Mr Absolut may not have been swizzed into the provider portal. Providers usually email the link at the first meeting. That's what happened with me (Reed in Partnership), and is what I read online of how other providers operate.

The stuff you posted about Maximus as an employment agency is grim reading and typical of cronyism Britain. All these providers are OFSTED registered and inspected because they are ostensibly training providers, yet who heard of employment agencies needing such registration? The sub contractor Reed used to deliver Restart in my area started out as an employment agency. As I'm nosy/like to do my homework I looked up their accounts. Welfare to Work appears to be a more lucrative business than being a recruitment agency.

Ignatius

Absolut, jobberpw, The Catwoman and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:59 pm

Absolut :- tell the hubby to cease using it, as per my other post it says its optional and they will delete his data on request in their induction pack on page 14.

unless he desires wasting hours upon hours doing microsoft team courses that is ;-)
hopefully he hasn't uploaded a CV to them!

mandy tori

Absolut, jobberpw, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:08 pm

mandy tori wrote:Absolut :- tell the hubby to cease using it, as per my other post it says its optional and they will delete his data on request in their induction pack on page 14.

unless he desires wasting hours upon hours doing microsoft team courses that is ;-)

No CV. Possibly it wasn't the portal, but I don't trust the JCP as far as I could throw them. They constantly lie to our faces.

Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw, The Catwoman, mandy tori and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:33 pm

Ignatius wrote:I'm happy to be corrected, but Mr Absolut may not have been swizzed into the provider portal. Providers usually email the link at the first meeting. That's what happened with me (Reed in Partnership), and is what I read online of how other providers operate.

Possibly but the roaches in the JCP lie constantly and it's best to think the worst of them than the best.  Twisted Evil

The stuff you posted about Maximus as an employment agency is grim reading and typical of cronyism Britain. All these providers are OFSTED registered and inspected because they are ostensibly training providers, yet who heard of employment agencies needing such registration? The sub contractor Reed used to deliver Restart in my area started out as an employment agency. As I'm nosy/like to do my homework I looked up their accounts. Welfare to Work appears to be a more lucrative business than being a recruitment agency.

One of the directors of Maximus UK was paid £352,000 last year  Shocked

Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw, mandy tori, Ignatius and fordcortina1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:51 pm

Sadly this circus of farming sheep out by providers acting as a 'recruitment agencys' been going on for years. They actually have lists of specific agencys themselves, they try their best at first, to insist we all sign up to agency a,b,c, etc.Thats not by accident, and I bet everyone can guess what all these particular agencys have in common when it comes to working sectors and pay. You guessed it, high wages, great conditions, perks, flexibility, and decent pensions.  Evil or Very Mad  

The metality is, if they cant force sheep into any crappy low paid job then one of their sister companies etc will try their best to.

A total sham of a sysem and wont change bugger all for 90% of people as effectively is all anyone wants, is decent pay and thats always been defined by the cost of living .Unless your one of the hypercrits out there saying- do as we say, never as we do. Mad
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut, Ignatius and fordcortina1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:53 pm

mandy tori wrote:Absolut :- tell the hubby to cease using it, as per my other post it says its optional and they will delete his data on request in their induction pack on page 14.

Or, never sign anything in their induction pack, Twisted Evil

Remove all consent to share data.

jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut, The Catwoman, Ignatius and fordcortina1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:06 am

jobberpw wrote:Sadly this circus of farming sheep out by providers acting as a 'recruitment agencys' been going on for years. They actually have lists of specific agencys themselves, they try their best at first, to insist we all sign up to agency a,b,c, etc.

When I was sent on the Work Programme I was handed a list of employment agencies. I went through that list and found about 2 dozen agencies that were defunct. Some of them hadn't existed for over a decade.

The metality is, if they cant force sheep into any crappy low paid job then one of their sister companies etc will try their best to.

They can try, but the failure rate of 93% for Restart is the only number anyone needs. There is no evidence whatsoever that Restart providers, acting as employment agencies, are any better than any other agency that the claimant has the right to join instead of the DWP's contracted out one.

https://www.personnel-placements.co.uk/how-to-register-with-a-recruitment-agency/

When you go to meet your recruitment consultant you will need to take certain documentation with you. A CV is a must and ideally email that to your consultant prior to your meeting.

The Restart provider emails the potential participant and wants an electronic copy of their CV before the first meeting.

Recruitment Agencies need to see proof that you are eligible to work in the UK and will ask to see your passport, or birth certificate and proof of your National Insurance number.

Provider guidance:
At the start of all communications or contacts with your Participant, you must ensure that you are satisfied that the Participant you are engaging with is the correct person. To do this, you may decide to ask them to state, or physically provide, a combination of their personal information, that you feel provides appropriate security assurance to confirm identity, such as: full name, address, National Insurance Number (NINO), other information such as details that were included within the original referral from DWP, details you hold on your records, other means of identification, such as a passport, driving licence, or utility bill may be provided. These should be recorded as seen and the reference/serial number of these documents noted but copies do not need to be retained.

https://www.personnel-placements.co.uk/how-to-register-with-a-recruitment-agency/

It’s important the agency has all of the information they need, so you will be asked to complete a registration form with address details, types of work you are looking for as well as providing references – especially if you are looking for temporary work.

The provider hands you an "induction pack" with a consent form included. If you don't sign it they can't register a start.

3.13.You must record and retain evidence of the Start Date which you will be required to be (sic) produced during Performance and Compliance Officer checks, see Restart Scheme Provider Guidance Chapter 14 – Performance Management. Examples of acceptable evidence could include but not limited to, induction pack items that have been signed for, site attendance register. If a Face to Face meeting can’t take place in person, then digital evidence could include, but not limited to, a dated electronic receipt from the Participant.

If a bird quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck. It's not a rabbit. Restart is the DWP "mandating" JSA claimants to talk to an employment agency of the DWP's choosing (3 way warm handover call) via a JSD (JSA596) and mandating JSA claimants to meet with that same agent (JSA598) under SAPOE Regulations. SAPOE Regulations are clear that the start date can't be different to the one on a JSA598, yet the provider can only enter the date that just happens to be the one next to the claimant's signature on the induction pack consent form.

A total sham of a sysem and wont change bugger all for 90% of people as effectively is all anyone wants, is decent pay and thats always been defined by the cost of living .Unless your one of the hypercrits out there saying- do as we say, never as we do. Mad

Sham is correct.

Oh and btw our referrals were cancelled 20 minutes before we were due to set off. "Staffing issues" was the excuse. No meeting now until the 2nd week in January. cheers
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw, The Catwoman, mandy tori, Ignatius and fordcortina1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:46 pm

Restart is shut till January most likely.

The Catwoman

Absolut, jobberpw, Ignatius and fordcortina1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:31 pm

Enjoy your temporary reprieve from Restart. I know I am enjoying not having to set foot in the JCP until 2nd week of January.

Giving you such short notice of cancelling your appointment is shoddy, and hardly an advertisement for their services. What kind of recruitment agency can't even supply itself with and/or retain staff??

Ignatius

jobberpw, The Catwoman and fordcortina1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:02 pm

Have i got this correct, they have spent £3bn on keeping this 'scheme' running ? Obviously based on dillusions again, or should that be, illussion.Rolling Eyes

''Determined to make it work for everyone no matter what your age or postcode.” Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad  

So, no matter if you live at the back of a farm, 12 miles from the closest main road and bus service, they will find you a job on that farm. How, why? because, there are many on my farm. Funny...farm. that Evil or Very Mad

Ignatius:"What kind of recruitment agency can't even supply itself with and/or retain staff?" I met many...unfortunately Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker, Absolut, mandy tori, Ignatius and fordcortina1970 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:23 pm

I've now been parked. I have not seen Restart in their office in person since the end of May I was put on this rubbish on the 19th May. The phone calls are every two weeks and last less then 30 seconds, please read my older posts on here and you will understand why. Also The National Audit Office has made a report on Restart in the last two weeks, I can't copy and paste the link i'm sure someone on here can do it.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Absolut, jobberpw, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:19 am

fordcortina1970 wrote:I've now been parked. I have not seen Restart in their office in person since the end of May I was put on this rubbish on the 19th May. The phone calls are every two weeks and last less then 30 seconds, please read my older posts on here and you will understand why. Also The National Audit Office has made a report on Restart in the last two weeks, I can't copy and paste the link i'm sure someone on here can do it.

Thanks for highlighting the NAO report. I've put the link here

https://www.nao.org.uk/reports/restart-scheme-for-long-term-unemployed-people/

This gem from the summary of their conclusions had me choking on my gruel. "Restart provides a useful service to help the long-term unemployed gain employment"🤮🤮🤮

Ignatius

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:54 pm

Ignatius wrote:
can do it.

Thanks for highlighting the NAO report. I've put the link here

https://www.nao.org.uk/reports/restart-scheme-for-long-term-unemployed-people/

This gem from the summary of their conclusions had me choking on my gruel. "Restart provides a useful service to help the long-term unemployed gain employment"🤮🤮🤮

🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉

Thank for the link Ignatius 👍

Is there a full list of the 77x Provider's (Name &Shame ?).
Also glad to hear of another success story from the DWP🚽 training... ⚰🤢. Still able to find 💰 money, for these schemes!

"Under Restart, DWP pays eight prime contractors across 12 contract areas that cover England and Wales. Prime contractors choose how to support people and are also able to subcontract some or all of the support. Including the subcontractors, there are a total of 77 providers.

🍍As a result, Restart is more expensive per person than originally intended and more expensive per person than previous similar schemes."

Warm Handover (Restart Scheme) - Page 4 3596045085

😱
More for less, it seems 🤨.
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:29 pm

If a provider can "choose how to support people", how come they always choose to support people with the same old useless courses?

Ignatius

Absolut, jobberpw and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:45 am

From the report:

DWP also introduced a ‘warm-handover’ at the start of the process to encourage the claimants it refers to Restart to engage with the support and reduce the number that drop out before they start. This involves a pre-booked meeting at the jobcentre where the work coach and claimant call the provider to discuss the programme.

Could the above be any further from the truth?  Suspect

However, we found this was normally focused on providing basic information rather than handing over the relationship or selling the programme to the participant, and many providers and work coaches told us they saw it as having limited value. This may be partly because jobcentres had not had an opportunity to develop strong relationships with participants who, during the COVID-19 pandemic, were not required to attend jobcentres. It is also partly because many providers have put in place call centres for the warm handovers, meaning participants do not meet actual employment advisers at this stage. DWP is currently evaluating whether the warm handover is achieving its aim and whether it could be improved.
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:30 pm

fordcortina1970 wrote:I've now been parked. I have not seen Restart in their office in person since the end of May I was put on this rubbish on the 19th May. The phone calls are every two weeks and last less then 30 seconds, please read my older posts on here and you will understand why. Also The National Audit Office has made a report on Restart in the last two weeks, I can't copy and paste the link i'm sure someone on here can do it.

Long may that continue fordcortina. If they stop wasting our time, we can stop wasting theirs. Wink Not having to engage in any form with these deluded robots must be a real treat Twisted Evil .

What do they actually talk to you about. I'm guessing, online training, jobs fairs where all the 'secret jobs' are Evil or Very Mad Never will forget that line when they said that to my fce. Not many things have stunned me but that did.I then burst out laughing. Told moron Oh! Yes! 'the secret jobs, SO bloody secret we cant find one. Twisted Evil'

All this bollocks of how to build a paper plane, this is how your CV should look etc. If i had actually done what some of these planks proposed on the last course i had the displeasure of attending, i would have never worked again. Although that now looks very likely.

I got layed off due to ill health. Now in my 60s, but silly me, everyone wants to hire an oldie, yeah! maybe for rock bottom dollar.Because if it was based on joke shops etc ideology of experience; then all the older age groups post 45+ be in great jobs. Wonder why their not:roll:

No doubt, the 'restart scheme' my arse, will show outstanding statistics. Another fine programme developed for suitable training for everyone, no matter what post code, age, or health condition we have; blah, blah, blah. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for the rant eveyone.Its my Christmas spirit. Evil or Very Mad

''Restart provides a useful service to help the long-term unemployed gain employment'' Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Evil or Very Mad
Above...what a surprise. Let them do a UK survey anwsers on a postage stamp for those its actually helped get something better than a shelf stacking 'opportunity' Rolling Eyes  doing night shifts. Feel if anyone is doing these jobs, not that there is anything wrong for those who are fit enough, or can accomadate the hours, then they could find these positions without any of these provider sharks 'help'.No better than a agency effectively, over funded by the tax payer imo.  Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:57 pm

Ignatius wrote:If a provider can "choose how to support people", how come they always choose to support people with the same old useless courses?

All about forcing sheep into the usual low paid unskilled jobs. Many years back, unskilled work didnt actually mean less pay, but now it sure as hell does. Many years back the harder you worked the more money you'd make. Them days now long gone.

As long as Gov keep throwing billions at these circuses, the rinse and repeat will remain firm.

One of the many reasons the UK is a laughing stock compared to other 'rich Rolling Eyes ' developed countries. Quality of jobs and pay, dosent compute. Pre covid or Ukraine war.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:25 pm

wonder if maximus got their name from "circus maximus" as it has plenty of clowns from what ive seen
🤣🤣

mandy tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:59 pm

mandy tori wrote:wonder if maximus got their name from "circus maximus" as it has plenty of clowns from what ive seen
🤣🤣

Ouch.

Or maybe they took their name from Maximus, the comic book villain.

I'm sure one of those naming/branding agency thingies did very well out of coming up with such a classically inspired name.

Ignatius

jobberpw and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:54 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/restart-scheme-statistics-to-september-2022/summary-restart-scheme-to-september-2022

Over time, the percentage of starts achieving a job outcome has decreased and is beginning to level off. It currently ranges between:

21% (July 2021) and 8% (March 2022) within 6 months of starting on the programme

31% (July 2021) and 16% (December 2021) within 9 months of starting on the programme

40% (July 2021) and 29% (September 2021) within 12 months of starting on the programme
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:57 pm

Absolut wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/restart-scheme-statistics-to-september-2022/summary-restart-scheme-to-september-2022

Over time, the percentage of starts achieving a job outcome has decreased and is beginning to level off. It currently ranges between:

21% (July 2021) and 8% (March 2022) within 6 months of starting on the programme

31% (July 2021) and 16% (December 2021) within 9 months of starting on the programme

40% (July 2021) and 29% (September 2021) within 12 months of starting on the programme

their "hidden job market" is full of temporary jobs whilst on the scheme it would appear

what employer would recruit in a hidden fashion? it defies logic in doing so
(that is what my counter is when i hear the above statement - feel free to use it as the facial reaction is funny to witness)

mandy tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:41 am

Like your style mandy tori😁.

I suppose if employers are keeping their jobs hidden and only recruiting via Restart it would explain the dysfunctional mess otherwise known as our economy.

Or maybe these hidden jobs are so well hidden even the providers can't find them, hence the poor job outcomes of Restart conscripts.

Who needs the Christmas sherry when there is the wacky world of Restart to help loosen your grip on reality?

Ignatius

Caker, jobberpw, The Catwoman and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:33 pm

Just went to warm handover, walked in WC is on the jobcentre phone for ten minutes then calls me over..
She asks if I have my mobile with me, o dear, I had forgotten it...
She then tells me she can't do handover as jobcentre phones haven't worked in months, even though she was just on it.

Apparently it is shocking I left the house with no phone,an employer might be calling me🙄.I told her they have my email address so she says most employers use the phone now 🤔
That's funny as when I didn't use to supply my email address just my phone number, they would say most employers use emails now..

Anyway I'm in restart limbo now as she won't book handover until I show up with a phone.

It really is not my problem, why should I use my personal phone for this nonsense. If they want me to speak to someone on the phone it will be a JC phone..
Or better still, just give us the appointment on a letter.
It even says it in the guidance, if claiment has no phone. WC is supposed to supply equipment.
WC even had the nerve to say I should borrow someone's phone as if it's that important to go restart. I said I'll borrow WC phone 🤭 obviously they declined.

The Catwoman

Caker, Absolut, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:51 pm

"she says most employers use the phone now"

Some of these roaches need go visit a shrink, and a bloody good one at that. Totally delusional. Maybe that moron can send you a list Cat woman of all the employers who were trying to call you on that day. Hope you told moron as the jobs market is littered with such great well paid opportunities you duly flew home and looked at your phones screen as soon as you got through the door:evil: .

Does the DWP etc, appreciate how condescending and pathetic they sound coming out with such regular crap!

Back in the real world, where I once came from. Having worked for over 20 Hi Tech type employers, NONE! randomly phoned people. Only cretins who did that were  agency's now aka 'providers.' And I wonder why £$. Twisted Evil

They must have found an abundance of jobs these last few months that haven't been there past 10 years. You know the type, when work actually paid real wages so an adult could actually have 'a life, pay bills, save money run a car etc.' Silly me though. I forgot, us being told we're one of the richest countries in the world  shouldn't expect such a high quality of life. Especially when we have UC.

Your right Cat woman, they take it for granted that everyone has a smart phone and its some kind of mandatory requirement that only the unemployed have them strapped to our heads 24/7. Tell moron that its not. Tell roach its out of order. And the phone too Laughing

I'm stunned at the roaches suggestion. After all, effectively, their sending you into something no doubt you don't want to engage in for 1 hour a week, let alone what fresh hell may await you Rolling Eyes .

Update us when you can Cat woman, many will no doubt be keen to hear what goes on in these circuses. I'd bet its another WP MK100 rinse and repeat. Only ones doing well out of it are the provider companies paid via amount of bums on seats. They'd do better looking at who's bum is going on them seats. IF they really want to help people. IF! they actually could.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next