BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like to get this off my chest restart scheme

2 posters

Go down

Like to get this off my chest restart scheme  Empty Like to get this off my chest restart scheme

Post by designergas Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:04 pm

Like to get this off my chest, anyone had a big thought without the terrible, uneducated, unprofessional, condescending restart advisors? How far would the restart scheme take you.

I could have left my restart programme trained as a chef, a teaching assistant, or even a data entry. It seems like they held me back due to their attitude towards its participants because they are unemployed. They don't give a flying fuck or a care in the world. I was judged in the matter of 4 weeks. My advisor looked at my work history on my CV, noticed a 4-year unemployment gap, and wrote me off. Just like that.

The advisor even started to laugh, even saying my CV is fully sh*t, which is why your getting no job interviews didn't give me time to shine and show off my skillset. Best bits: the advisor said this was literally her skillset, and her experience was miles behind me; she didn't have a fucking clue about the benefits system or IT system. Worse, she asked me what a consent form is and what this does talking about scoring your own goal by judging someone who is unemployed. 

I recently joined college to study, and the tutor said everyone should be given a chance in life. Everyone has a hidden talent. My 3rd restart advisor only noticed my hidden skills with computers, being a good data analyst, being good at communicating, etc. at the end of the scheme, which was too late. Time has run out. I lost my passion for the programme and the company. 

Customer service is very vital for these schemes. Bad treatment leads to non-engagement; a good advisor makes you engage.

Both advisors At the beginning, only had sales and marketing experience on LinkedIn after the job-start outcome.

Last edited by designergas on Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

designergas

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Like to get this off my chest restart scheme  Empty Re: Like to get this off my chest restart scheme

Post by Ignatius Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:23 pm

Well said.

Have you heard of Skills Bootcamps? They have a better reputation than Restart type drivel, and if IT is your thing, there are plenty of IT options. The added bonus is if you are on a Bootcamp, you can't be referred to things like Restart. Might be worth considering.

Ignatius

oneman, jobberpw and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

Like to get this off my chest restart scheme  Empty Re: Like to get this off my chest restart scheme

Post by designergas Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 pm

Ignatius wrote:Well said.

Have you heard of Skills Bootcamps? They have a better reputation than Restart type drivel, and if IT is your thing, there are plenty of IT options. The added bonus is if you are on a Bootcamp, you can't be referred to things like Restart. Might be worth considering.

Thanks 

I'm going to ask my work coach for a skills boot camp for 12 weeks of IT courses, unlike restart shitty warehousing, SIA, and Serco crap ASAP. I don't want them to force me to use the remaining six months of volunteer time on the restart, knowing these roaches they might say might be good for you. It helps you use the last 6 months. Blah blah Don't trust these bastards and roaches, probably after the job outcome. They all in this together roaches and restart. 

The funny positive side is that both sales advisors wanted to make money out of me but ended up taking a massive loss for their company didn't use any of their services at all; they literally made no funding out of me. The restart management team wasn't very happy that both advisors had never been seen again on the restart team. 
I even got told by my third advisor that they got demoted to a lower-paying role. Or sacked? Who knows? I withdrew my consent forms and signed up with the college; they will receive all my funding. Better let them have it than restart the company itself. 

I only used two restart courses throughout my 12-month period with the restart. Also, the management started to take my case and participant feedback very seriously. And in this matter, they are now offering up to £29 grand for a restart advisor, which used to be £24 grand last year. The job listing clearly states that you can only apply if you are highly knowledgeable and experienced. The job has been ongoing for 40 days now on indeed. Thank God they are looking for professional advisors now, giving the future participants a better experience, unlike these silly little 18- to 30-year-olds caked up in layers of makeup who just left college, university, or the last previous sales job during COVID times, chasing KPI sales targets and quick monthly paychecks without any life experience, general knowledge, or even common sense, using the unemployed like cash cows, throwing them into any job start without a duty of care in the world. The advisors only got called out because they wanted me to start a job without public transport and started to threaten me with sanctions, then asked what my postcode was. 😂One phone call changed everything, and I bet they have serious nightmares over that call.

designergas

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down