BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans

+7
Caker
oneman
Rebel-1
jobberpw
Absolut
Pintel
D.Appleby
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans - Page 2 Empty Re: Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans

Post by oneman Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:34 pm

As far as I can find out the only value is in the over 25 yrs old as there is less work for them to do. Under 25 yrs old will require more staff due to the fact that they will require more people/time due to lack of experience, interview skills, CV etc.
All these things will erode into the 3 million pound contract they have with DWP.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans - Page 2 Empty Re: Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans

Post by oneman Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Has any members actually done or are on a restart scheme at the moment?
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:32 pm

Pintel wrote:One point I have been wondering about, is there much difference between the 'Kickstart & Restart' schemes? I thought one was for under 25yrs old and one was for over 25 yrs old? 🤔

Be interesting to see if there a 💸 financial payout reward difference between the two schemes. As well as results of employment from participants ❓
Restart is over 18 month, unemployed for over 50! and kick start is for every other young cunt. Sorry.
oneman
oneman

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:07 pm

Has anyone had to do diagnostic assessment. I think I did one at first face to face meeting but now have fourth restart adviser who wants me to do one. Can I refuse. Can it be mandated

Topaz

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:01 pm

You can refuse and they may try and mandate you but if you refuse consent then they can't. Remember this is a voluntary scheme to start with and you work roach must justify why you need to go on it.
If you have not signed anything, then again they can't mandate you.
They must write down every Mandation in the action plan and if it is not signed then you can't be mandated or sanctioned.
That does not stop them trying to sanction you out of spite.
They can raise a failure to participate to your work roach but at the end of the day it's your work roach that presses the button to sanction.
oneman
oneman

mandy tori and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:11 pm

The often referenced FOI about signing paperwork also unequivocally state you do not have to complete provider assessments. Cite those to your advisor. Also, provider paperwork makes clear you will receive written notification if an activity is mandatory. Make them put this request in writing.

Ignatius

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:29 pm

I read the diagnostic-assessment on-line before I had my first appointment with this Restart bull-dust, and boy I did laugh. I knew that when I walked into that first appointment and sat down and they did this diagnostic-assessment that they would have problems with me. An unemployed failure who more or less went from school to the dole queue, who in the last 26 years has only worked for eight months with the longest job lasting five months. A man who is now touching 45 with no Driving Licence and no skills for the modern work place. I have been on this Restart scheme for six months now, I don't even go to their office now it's a telephone call for two mins every two weeks. Action Plans have gone out the window well they did on the first appointment. It's now a tick boxes until May next year when it ends for me.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Absolut and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:26 am

So you knew?

Bit of aoxymoron !!!

You signed???

Knowing what to expect!

How can you help us?

Sorry. How can we help you?
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:19 am

fordcortina1970 wrote:I read the diagnostic-assessment on-line before I had my first appointment with this Restart bull-dust, and boy I did laugh. I knew that when I walked into that first appointment and sat down and they did this diagnostic-assessment that they would have problems with me. An unemployed failure who more or less went from school to the dole queue, who in the last 26 years has only worked for eight months with the longest job lasting five months. A man who is now touching 45 with no Driving Licence and no skills for the modern work place. I have been on this Restart scheme for six months now, I don't even go to their office now it's a telephone call for two mins every two weeks. Action Plans have gone out the window well they did on the first appointment. It's now a tick boxes until May next year when it ends for me.

Did you sign their paperwork?

The Catwoman

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:16 pm

The Catwoman wrote:
fordcortina1970 wrote:I read the diagnostic-assessment on-line before I had my first appointment with this Restart bull-dust, and boy I did laugh. I knew that when I walked into that first appointment and sat down and they did this diagnostic-assessment that they would have problems with me. An unemployed failure who more or less went from school to the dole queue, who in the last 26 years has only worked for eight months with the longest job lasting five months. A man who is now touching 45 with no Driving Licence and no skills for the modern work place. I have been on this Restart scheme for six months now, I don't even go to their office now it's a telephone call for two mins every two weeks. Action Plans have gone out the window well they did on the first appointment. It's now a tick boxes until May next year when it ends for me.

Did you sign their paperwork?
No
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:28 pm

I Googled it before I went to my first appointment and found a pdf file online. It was for G4S they are doing Restart for the North West of England my area. So I knew the questions before I went there. Anyway as I have said before I'm unemployable anyway and schemes before this have failed to find me work like The New Deal and a number of Job Clubs i've been to over the years, then the Work Programme for two years did not find me a job, then the Health & Work Programme before Covid and now this Retread Scheme. Well after telling them my barriers to employment they have parked me.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:21 pm

You should still get a phone call once a fortnight and a face to face once a month.
Otherwise they will not get paid. Make them work for their money, now that you have let them in.
oneman
oneman

Absolut, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:06 pm

I don't know if you prefer having minimal contact with them but don't forget their time is money. They should be getting a delivery fee for you so if you insist on fortnightly contact you cost them 💰. Them parking you just saves them cash.

Ignatius

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:21 pm

oneman wrote:You should still get a phone call once a fortnight and a face to face once a month.
Otherwise they will not get paid. Make them work for their money, now that you have let them in.

I do get the phone call every two weeks, I keep telling them i'm a reject and an unemployable failure who will be dead in five to ten years time. I have given up with life I don't see the point anymore, that's why i'm on 45 mg Mirtazapine tablets and in contact with a mental health team.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:35 pm

Ignatius wrote:I don't know if you prefer having minimal contact with them but don't forget their time is money. They should be getting a delivery fee for you so if you insist on fortnightly contact you cost them 💰. Them parking you just saves them cash.

I would prefer having no contact with them, it's just phone calls from them. They say nothing about job hunting etc, it's just a call to see how i'm doing health wise. You see I was written off by society when I was 18 - 21 years of age. I did all the job hunting at that age and got rejects after rejects. I've had more job rejects then then any of you have had hot dinners.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:29 pm

Ignatius wrote:I don't know if you prefer having minimal contact with them but don't forget their time is money. They should be getting a delivery fee for you so if you insist on fortnightly contact you cost them 💰. Them parking you just saves them cash.

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans - Page 2 1259455036

It could be a first in DWP 🚽 legal history, if Ford Corntina wanted. Where the Provider is taken to court for not providing the service they are paid/ required 💰 to deliver!  Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans - Page 2 2227953398

Pintel
Pintel

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:17 am

Like most, I too would prioritise my mental health over contact with some awful scheme.

It's interesting that the provider is ostensibly getting away with not delivering because I was under the impression JCP does audit them and takes a dim view of people being parked. But then, what do I know? My WC is still under the impression I'm on Restart, even though they haven't registered a start and I've had no dealings with them for 2months.

Ignatius

Absolut, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:53 am

JCP do very little above sanctions. It is not the JCP who would do an audit it would be DWP and only if it was raised as a complaint by JCP  or an individual.
Individual people have to go through JCP, so nothing gets done. Cronyism is obviously rife with restart and DWP so nothing will change.
Even when they went to jail for stealing they just changed the name and carried on.
I finished my year on restart at the end of Oct and only went twice. My work roach thought I was on it till the end.
oneman
oneman

Absolut, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:02 pm

[quote="oneman"]

Mad

Cronyism is obviously rife with restart and DWP so nothing will change.
Even when they went to jail for stealing they just changed the name and carried on.
I finished my year on restart at the end of Oct and only went twice. My work roach thought I was on it till the end.[/quote

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans - Page 2 2936143587 Well Done #Oneman.  Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans - Page 2 1983421430

It's nice to hear that the Retread scheme of £2.9 Billion pounds wasn't wasted on some 'White Elephant elephant' Ponzi scheme....  scratch
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:52 am

We all want to know if Restart sent Oneman a 'Sorry your're leaving, we'll miss you' card. You should have gone in for the last day, there might have been cakes.

Ignatius

oneman, Absolut and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:17 pm

Ignatius wrote:We all want to know if Restart sent Oneman a 'Sorry your're leaving, we'll miss you' card. You should have gone in for the last day, there  might have been cakes.

Nice one #Ignstius 👍

The trouble is it would more likely be one of those delivery card's "I am sorry you where out, when we tried to deliver your item" from the Provider, so shifting the focus from them?

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans - Page 2 4107485066

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:56 am

I get an action plan during every visit to restart which I sign. Does this make the actions on it Mandatory.?
Can they ask you to apply for a specific job role. ?
Can they ask you to apply for 40+ jobs on jobsite?
Confused what can be mandated.

Topaz

oneman, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:59 pm

They can try and mandate anything but it must be written in the action plan and state that it's a mandation. Anything else is voluntary. You need to redact your consent to avoid them using the action plan otherwise you will just have to put up with their demands.
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2