BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans

+7
Caker
oneman
Rebel-1
jobberpw
Absolut
Pintel
D.Appleby
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans Empty Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans

Post by D.Appleby Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:29 pm

D.Appleby

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans Empty Re: Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans

Post by Pintel Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:25 pm

Heres a similar FOI, about the Restart Scheme.

FOI 2021/64341:
On the plus side. Participants can't be mandated to Sign the 'Action Plan', or to give a reason why either.
Not sure about providing the information in the Action Plan thou 🤔, to the providers? Standard Q&A's: Job goals🥅, work exp, Barriers 🚧 to work etc.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/copy_of_action_plan_used_by_rest#incoming-1863521

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/780346/response/1863521/attach/html/3/Reed%20Action%20Plan.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/780346/response/1863521/attach/html/4/Response%20FOI2021%2064341.pdf.html

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, D.Appleby and bully3061 like this post

Back to top Go down

Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans Empty Re: Restart employability diagnostic assessment and action plans

Post by Absolut Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:59 am

Is it a mandatory programme? Does it include claimants on JSA? Only UC is mentioned.

If one refuses to answer any of the questions on the flawed, discriminatory and bigoted "work capability" test, what happens? It's one thing to take a test when applying for a job, it's entirely another when it's a third party DWP contractor who limits your possible answers and is fully prepared to get you sanctioned for giving the "wrong" one. G4S, for example, with their Question 6 are directing the claimant to possibly self-incriminate and admit to undertaking illegal activities. Since when does a third party contractor get to ask such invasive questions anyway? Most employers dare not go so far as G4S has done.
Absolut
Absolut

Caker, Rebel-1, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:55 pm

DWP is silent in regards to The Restart Scheme for old JSA. The scheme is not mentioned in JSA legislation.

It is going to be administratively difficult/impossible to mandate JSA claimants to this particular scheme.

Mandation
8.02. Universal Credit claimants may be required by their Jobcentre Plus work coach to undertake particular action where it will help them prepare for or move into work – this requirement is mandation. Provided the activity was reasonable and achievable in their circumstances, the claimant may be sanctioned if they fail to complete it without a good reason.

8.03. You are also able to mandate Participants to undertake activities during their time on the Restart Scheme, subject to the legal and policy requirements outlined within this chapter.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/chapter-8-mandating-participants-to-undertake-activity

D.Appleby

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:07 am

Thank you for the link. It says the following:

If your Participant is not in receipt of Universal Credit they have voluntary participation on the Restart Scheme and cannot be mandated to undertake any activity.

Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:44 pm

Absolut wrote:I

G4S, for example, with their Question 6 are directing the claimant to possibly self-incriminate and admit to undertaking illegal activities. Since when does a third party contractor get to ask such invasive questions anyway? Most employers dare not go so far as G4S has done.

It might have something to do with G4s, running Private Correctional Facilities (Prison's) #Absolut ❓So creating business for themselves 🤔
Pintel
Pintel

Absolut and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:40 pm

Does anyone know what type of Mandations these providers use? As they can't mandate: work experience, apply for work, attend interviews, or take up work (8:12). 🤔

8.12. The only restriction to this is mandating your Participant to complete work experience, apply for work, attend a job interview or take up work. You may agree these as voluntary activities but you must not set these as mandatory requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/restart-provider-guidance/chapter-8-mandating-participants-to-undertake-activity

8.11. DWP does not provide a prescriptive list of activities. You have the freedom to determine the activity you require your Participant to undertake, provided it has the clear aim of helping them prepare for or move into work.
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 am

Pintel wrote:
Does anyone know what type of Mandations these providers use? As they can't mandate: work experience, apply for work, attend interviews, or take up work (8:12). 🤔

preparing a CV;
attending a skills assessment;
participating in training/courses;
developing a business plan etc.

Activities must be tailored and relevant to individual circumstances.

Same old stuff!

D.Appleby

Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:25 pm

Thanks #D.A 👍.
I dare say the old Chestnut of 'Supervised Job search' would be added to thay list 😖? As I got this on the HWP/Work Program...
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Pintel wrote:Thanks #D.A 👍.
I dare say the old Chestnut of 'Supervised Job search' would be added to thay list 😖? As I got this on the HWP/Work Program...

There are ways to avoid this! Laughing

D.Appleby

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:29 pm

I'd personally staple a fresh copy of that FOI to any sheep herders paper work. Just in case, they aren't clear on non-mandatory signing and personal disclosure of documents. Many had a problem absorbing this on the work program circuses.

Mandation.

Note:"Provided the activity was reasonable and achievable in their circumstances," So, everyone make sure everything is just as they state in quotes and we're all be happy  Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel-1 Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:54 am

With the cut in UC payments; And "So we are told" Thousands of unfilled job Vacancies; The job centres/roaches will I suspect be stepping up pressure on "Victims" searching for Jobs, So looks like we can all expect far more hassles & sanctions coming our way, untill we get that job, om minimum wage with no future outlooks. Crying or Very sad
Rebel-1
Rebel-1

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 pm

Yes Rebel-1 bang on. Roach shops etc will be crawling all over the UK for victims of this great building back better, skilled jobs super training opportunities well paid jobs for everyone in line with the cheap UK cost of living...what's not to like.

WP-providers etc will have now been briefed; to chain as many bodies to class room seats doing their cat sat on mat courses as sure as hell wont be in any employment outside of shelf stacking and packing and delivery drivers. The great new high skilled build back ......total crap.

Maybe Bodger,  will bring back Chimney sweeps Twisted Evil  and there will be degrees in soot control Twisted Evil Laughing Last but not least, we can all eat cake.

USA job report today, estimated 500.000 in reality was 194.000. They are wondering why many, arent returning to their old positions. Seems to be a bit of theme going around the globe here. Never mind, Bodgers build back better, high skilled, high wage jobs will fix us all. Are they having a ------ laugh. Little England is not Silicon Valley Ca.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Rebel-1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi just been referred to the Restart Scheme (Reed in Partnership ) I was told it was People + but I presume they are just using their building.

Am I still right in thinking you do not have to sign any contract with them as long as you attend and take part, to avoid sanction.
Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards.

ps. I'm now on UC and previously attended 4 years on the shit hole that was the work programme (Avanta)while on JSA.
oneman
oneman

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:45 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/claimant_refusal_of_signature_fo#incoming-1879415

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/786102/response/1879415/attach/html/3/Smith%20J%20FOI%2070138%20response.pdf.html

Hi #Oneman, your right about 'Turn up & Sign not'. Here's some pieces I've found about the Restart💸 Scheme. Hope they help, and keep us informed of how it goes with these clown. As i am waiting for the 🎪 Circus to start again, as I am in line for a letter 📃 from a provider🤤.
Pintel
Pintel

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:05 pm

What about signing the fire register?
oneman
oneman

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:13 pm

You could just take a "Selfie" outside the building with that days newspaper #Oneman. A picture 🖼️ is worth a thousand words as the saying goes 🤩....
Pintel
Pintel

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:16 pm

It takes 7 days to develop my photos Pintel. They refused me a mobile phone. Sad
oneman
oneman

Caker and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:29 pm

Did I mention that I had to redo my CC claimant commitment again after the last one 2 weeks ago all because of this scheme.
oneman
oneman

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:32 pm

oneman wrote:It takes 7 days to develop my photos Pintel. They refused me a mobile phone. Sad

Lucky you #Oneman, it takes a month for the oil🎨 paint to dry on my canvas. The last time I took a selfie...⛸😏
Pintel
Pintel

Caker, oneman and D.Appleby like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:38 pm

Take care out there everyone.

The rules remain similar for courses, schemes, programmes etc..

Useful resources:

https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/frank_zola

D.Appleby

oneman and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:39 am

Thanks for that. You said earlier that there are ways to avoid things like supervised work search. Would you like to enlighten me on that please.
oneman
oneman

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:50 am

Not sure why I can't like your post D. Appleby. Nor can I edit my last post. Perhaps it's my tablet.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:50 am

oneman wrote:Not sure why I can't like your post D. Appleby. Nor can I edit my last post. Perhaps it's my tablet.

I have also experienced reduced functionality on some websites when using a tablet but they were fine with a different computer.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:31 pm

One point I have been wondering about, is there much difference between the 'Kickstart & Restart' schemes? I thought one was for under 25yrs old and one was for over 25 yrs old? 🤔

Be interesting to see if there a 💸 financial payout reward difference between the two schemes. As well as results of employment from participants ❓
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next