BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach

2 posters

Go down

I'll apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach Empty I'll apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach

Post by Leaf Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:56 am

Hi.

I've told my work coach that I don't consent to uploading my CV and they've accepted this however, in my claimant commitment it says that "I'll apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach".

The jobs that they print out each time I go to a work review require sending your CV to a jobcentre e-mail address. I know that this is then scrutinised by a member of jobcentre staff and forwarded to the employer.

Am I within my rights to reject applying for these jobs on the basis that I don't consent to them handling my CV and would I risk a sanction by doing so?

Thanks.

Leaf

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

I'll apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach Empty Re: I'll apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach

Post by Ignatius Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:45 pm

Are you on JSA or UC? I only know bits about JSA, not on UC. If you're on JSA I think they can issue you with a Jobseeker's Direction mandating you to apply for a suitable vacancy. Note they would have to issue you with a separate direction for each vacancy they expect you to apply for. If they've correctly issued you with said Jobseeker's Direction and you can't demonstrate good reason for failing to apply then, yes, they could refer you for a sanction.

The point about not wanting to send it to one of those JCP email addresses is an interesting one. Often employers advertise this way to keep application numbers manageable or because they genuinely want to help an unemployed person. I wonder if an employer would be amenable to you applying directly to them.

If you don't get more responses to this post, it might be worth moving it to the to the top board on the forum - the one about general DWP stuff as it tends to get more views. If you don't know how to move it, just say.

Ignatius

Leaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

I'll apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach Empty Re: I'll apply for any jobs recommended by my work coach

Post by Leaf Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:34 pm

I'm on UC.

I've sent an email previously asking for contact details for an employer and was told to send my CV.

The one time I did send my CV I got a phone call asking questions about which experience to use to introduce me to the employer.

I feel like this is an invasion of privacy. There's no reason for them to be inserting themselves as an intermediary other than checking up on you. They also don't bother to inform you that this is their process.

I guess if they ask in future I can say I don't consent to them handling my CV and see what happens, but it would be nice to have some clarity. At least they can't say I'm not applying for jobs on my own.

I'm not sure how to move the post.

Thanks.

Leaf

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:16 pm

Leaf, I've started a thread for you on the "Assisted Support with General DWP enquiries" section of the forum. Someone will undoubtedly post useful advice for you on there, if not later today, then certainly over the next few days.

I hate applying for jobs via the JCP as well. I feel an extra level of scrutiny and expect them to decide my CV is rubbish and I need to do yet another CV skills course. And if you get an interview they get to know all about that as well in my experience.

admin edit: added the page link for you

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t4870-jobs-applications-via-jobcentre

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down