BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You don't need to create an account to apply for jobs on 'Find a job' (FAJ)

2 posters

Go down

You don't need to create an account to apply for jobs on 'Find a job' (FAJ) Empty You don't need to create an account to apply for jobs on 'Find a job' (FAJ)

Post by Caker Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:40 am

The government 'Find a Job' service is the replacement to Universal jobmatch.

People beginning to use the new FAJ site are lead to believe that they may browse without creating a FAJ account (this is correct) but that an account is needed if they wish to apply for a job that is listed on FAJ (this is not correct). See link.

https://findajob.dwp.gov.uk

In fact, when you perform a search and then click on one of the jobs in the results, you are then presented with the details of that job with an 'apply for this job' link (green box).

When you click on 'apply for this job', the link takes you to the recruiter's website, exactly the same as if you had found the job on any other job aggregate board or as if you had gone directly to the recruiter's website.

For jobs with no 'apply for this job' tab, the recruiter's contact email address is at the bottom.

From what I can see, it is possible to apply for any job found in FAJ without ever needing to create a FAJ account.

The only 'advantage' to creating an account in FAJ, is that you can save favourite jobs to return to later.

My understanding is that employers can register and log in to FAJ to perform searches of job seekers registered with FAJ. Further, I understand that DWP do not have access to claimants FAJ accounts.

My caveat is that DWP is an 'employer' and as such, there is nothing to stop it registering itself with FAJ and performing searches of those registered. I am not clear about what information employers, registered with FAJ, can access about job seekers registered with FAJ.

This definitely needs more investigation (watch this space).

In the meantime, mind how you go.

Last edited by Caker on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

You don't need to create an account to apply for jobs on 'Find a job' (FAJ) Empty Re: You don't need to create an account to apply for jobs on 'Find a job' (FAJ)

Post by Admin Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm

that ones interesting there caker

an employer can search for jobseekers on there

if they can do that, then so can the dwp
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down