BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seetec restart review

+4
oneman
fordcortina1970
Intincroi
Ignatius
8 posters

Go down

Seetec restart review  Empty Seetec restart review

Post by designergas Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:20 pm

Hello, first post, long-time reader.

I just completed my 12-month restart with Seetec in January. What a nightmare! There were plenty of nasty runs in with the management advisors. It was like World War 3.
Fast forward Everything started off well until they started condescending, talking down to me personally, including bringing in my family members, and even saying you would be better off letting your mother pass away so you would have plenty of time to work full time.
After that, I was in flames. I had a new advisor; she was okay, 50/50, but the anger inside me over the experience left me no choice but to withdraw my consent forms. This ended badly when the manager and the advisor hosted a job club session, both of whom were attacking me personally and shouting my name whenever they could, trying to indeed wind me up for revenge over the consent forms. 
Next problem: I sourced myself some part-time work. This again ended in World War III. Yet again, with the management and the advisor, they demanded I hand over information. I refused to do so. They went as far, saying we would trade your employer details for some primark vouchers and Argos vouchers. I just ignored them; this was ongoing for a few months. 

The next problem is that everyone is hyped up and worked up over these issues. They are forcing me to take on a restart job role over the last two months on the scheme. The reason why is because if I finish the scheme, restart can track you till you earn the outcome. I heard that with your own job not working enough hours, they simply cannot get paid for any job start, and they wouldn't even have a clue if you fell out of employment because you didn't provide them your employer details. 

Also, the childest advisor mindset they have: at the last three Seetec appointments, the advisor would book my appointments and confirm everything by email; she would change the appointment without telling me or giving any warning or notice.

The only way to find out is that I actually received a text message on January 1st at 2 p.m. On New Year's Day, I was told to come in next day, which is the 2nd of January, hoping to hit the jackpot me missing the text message and sanction me bastards for bus refunds. On my last three appointments, they would start playing games, saying the refund machine was having issues. I knew they were lying because one of my friends goes to the same restart office and gets his refund within minutes. All this is down to my nasty run with their manager and advisors.
The game is still going on, and they are still emailing me jobs and courses daily from the Seetec office.

I forgot to put in after my consent forms that they would also book my appointments, job fairs, courses, to clash with college courses. This was done on purpose. I personally told the advisor about my days of studying. This was all noted in the system. 

Please look after yourself, service users. Once you have a run-in, they are a nasty bunch of bullies because you are standing up for your rights. 

Thank you for reading this long post hope it's helps any restart newbies

designergas

cc120, Absolut, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Seetec restart review  Empty Re: Seetec restart review

Post by Ignatius Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:45 pm

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Rest assured they will be useful to anyone who comes across this forum. As you learnt, providers don't like people who assert their rights and refuse to be bullied into submission.

Obviously I take no pleasure from your nightmare Restart experience but, like everyone else on this forum, I am heartened you stood up for yourself. Hopefully the jobcentre won't send you on anymore courses/you secure suitable employment.

Enjoy your Restart free life - you deserve it after putting up with them for 12 months.

Ignatius

designergas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by designergas Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:41 pm

Ignatius wrote:Thanks for sharing your experiences. Rest assured they will be useful to anyone who comes across this forum. As you learnt, providers don't like people who assert their rights and refuse to be bullied into submission.

Obviously I take no pleasure from your nightmare Restart experience but, like everyone else on this forum, I am heartened you stood up for yourself. Hopefully the jobcentre won't send you on anymore courses/you secure suitable employment.

Enjoy your Restart free life - you deserve it after putting up with them for 12 months.

Thank you. It is going to take months to heal from this ordeal. 
They did threaten me with 12 months of ongoing sanctions, about 20 to 30 times forcing me to take a full-time job off the restart. Even though I'm working, it's not enough for them to get paid. 

Also, I found out at the end that they required any participant only 8 weeks on the scheme ,into work no ifs or buts. That why they turn nice to nasty. I said, How the fuck do you know that person's skillset is less than 3 appointments lasting no longer than 20 minutes, she said by the CV?All about kicking people off benefits and restart gets paid by the government. The advisor said that openly.
DWP needs their heads tested. 8 weeks isn't long enough. Isn't enough to spot any people with health issues, etc.? My advisor only found out I was suffering from some form of anxiety in the 5 to 6 months I was on the scheme. 

designergas

cc120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Intincroi Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:41 pm

designergas wrote:Thank you. It is going to take months to heal from this ordeal.
As some will already know here, I finished Restart towards the beginning of autumn last year. But I still feel as though I'm recovering from my experience at Restart. Being spoken to loudly sometimes, so others could hear personal information that might make feel ashamed or embarrassed, or them trying to force me into jobs miles away that would be detrimental to my existing health conditions.

I could almost put up with the stupid courses, especially the ones that would only last part of a morning. I sometimes sniffed these out, hinted at them and attended just to keep them off my back.

Intincroi

Back to top Go down

Post by designergas Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:35 am

Intincroi wrote:
designergas wrote:Thank you. It is going to take months to heal from this ordeal.
As some will already know here, I finished Restart towards the beginning of autumn last year.  But I still feel as though I'm recovering from my experience at Restart.  Being spoken to loudly sometimes, so others could hear personal information that might make feel ashamed or embarrassed, or them trying to force me into jobs miles away that would be detrimental to my existing health conditions.

I could almost put up with the stupid courses, especially the ones that would only last part of a morning.  I sometimes sniffed these out, hinted at them and attended just to keep them off my back.

Horrible experience I never want to go through it again.

The whole scheme has broken me down into another person.

Nothing in the restart office remains private and confidential. Trust me, every advisor seems to know all my personal circumstances; they will single you out. And talk about you in their morning meetings. I withdrew my consent forms, and the whole office of advisors was shaking their heads. Every time I had a face-to-face appointment, including the receptionist lady.

The management and advisors need to grow up and act like professionals. The scheme isn't fit to run a bath with water after finishing 2 months, so they are still asking me to put forward jobs via email, sending me tonnes of jobs. They are still desperate for that job outcome, like a virus that doesn't let me go. I just ignore after 365 days is non mandatory.

They also said your free to come in anytime for a quick chat. Are they having a laugh after all that guessing restart is just a gossip culture? Been reading the reviews online, people used to work at the restart say very toxic culture and gossip culture; they are missing the drama. I created it in the last 12 months and wanted more.

designergas

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:47 pm

designergas wrote:Hello, first post, long-time reader.

I just completed my 12-month restart with Seetec in January. What a nightmare! There were plenty of nasty runs in with the management advisors. It was like World War 3.
Fast forward Everything started off well until they started condescending, talking down to me personally, including bringing in my family members, and even saying you would be better off letting your mother pass away so you would have plenty of time to work full time.
After that, I was in flames. I had a new advisor; she was okay, 50/50, but the anger inside me over the experience left me no choice but to withdraw my consent forms. This ended badly when the manager and the advisor hosted a job club session, both of whom were attacking me personally and shouting my name whenever they could, trying to indeed wind me up for revenge over the consent forms. 
Next problem: I sourced myself some part-time work. This again ended in World War III. Yet again, with the management and the advisor, they demanded I hand over information. I refused to do so. They went as far, saying we would trade your employer details for some primark vouchers and Argos vouchers. I just ignored them; this was ongoing for a few months. 

The next problem is that everyone is hyped up and worked up over these issues. They are forcing me to take on a restart job role over the last two months on the scheme. The reason why is because if I finish the scheme, restart can track you till you earn the outcome. I heard that with your own job not working enough hours, they simply cannot get paid for any job start, and they wouldn't even have a clue if you fell out of employment because you didn't provide them your employer details. 

Also, the childest advisor mindset they have: at the last three Seetec appointments, the advisor would book my appointments and confirm everything by email; she would change the appointment without telling me or giving any warning or notice.

The only way to find out is that I actually received a text message on January 1st at 2 p.m. On New Year's Day, I was told to come in next day, which is the 2nd of January, hoping to hit the jackpot me missing the text message and sanction me bastards for bus refunds. On my last three appointments, they would start playing games, saying the refund machine was having issues. I knew they were lying because one of my friends goes to the same restart office and gets his refund within minutes. All this is down to my nasty run with their manager and advisors.
The game is still going on, and they are still emailing me jobs and courses daily from the Seetec office.

I forgot to put in after my consent forms that they would also book my appointments, job fairs, courses, to clash with college courses. This was done on purpose. I personally told the advisor about my days of studying. This was all noted in the system. 

Please look after yourself, service users. Once you have a run-in, they are a nasty bunch of bullies because you are standing up for your rights. 

Thank you for reading this long post hope it's helps any restart newbies

Well if these wankers tried/try this on me, will tell them to F right off and more. Some ones going to end up in court.

What is the legal test for harassment?
In legal terms this is known as an objective, subjective test. The test is not just whether the claimant perceived harassment, but whether that is a reasonable perception.

In red I'd say you have a clear case under: Protection from Harassment Act 1997: This act can be applicable if the behavior is considered a course of conduct; that amounts to harassment and causes distress. Twisted Evil

Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014: Regulation 10
The intention of this regulation is to make sure that people using the service are treated with respect and dignity at all times while they are receiving care and treatment. To meet this regulation, providers must make sure that they provide care and treatment in a way that ensures people's dignity and treats them with respect at all times Twisted Evil . This includes making sure that people have privacy when they need and want it, treating them as equals and providing any support they might need to be autonomous, independent and involved in their local community.

Providers must have due regard to the protected characteristics as defined in the Equality Act 2010.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:01 pm

Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014: Regulation 12
The intention of this regulation is to prevent people from receiving unsafe care and treatment and prevent avoidable harm or risk of harm. Providers must assess the risks to people's health and safety during any care or treatment and make sure that staff have the qualifications, competence, skills and experience to keep people safe.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by designergas Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:13 pm

jobberpw wrote:Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014: Regulation 12
The intention of this regulation is to prevent people from receiving unsafe care and treatment and prevent avoidable harm or risk of harm. Providers must assess the risks to people's health and safety during any care or treatment and make sure that staff have the qualifications, competence, skills and experience to keep people safe.

It's hard to prove unless I record them down. The worst mistake I didn't make at the beginning of the scheme was that I didn't know I was dealing with roadmen parasites. 
They are full of sh*t. Parasites scumbags. Every human rights law has been broken. They definitely need investigated.

Thank you for the advice on the next program. I'm going to record everything, yes, everything. Body cameras, phone calls, and face-to-face appointments take these parasites out to court and seek justice. Even though I finished, they still bombarded me with emails about jobs, including text messages.

I complained about a few advisors, and after the complaint went in, they seemed to disappear into thin air. They must have moved them to another role or a different location. Incase their cover is blown or you seeking legal action.

There is definitely someone going on with these schemes. It smells like a cover-up. That is why, if you look deeply into the restart, all these advisors are not well trained, very unqualified in mental health, and even have zero background with the benefits system. The few advisors I had only had background in sales marketing, etc., are only subcontractors operating under a big brand like Reeds, Ingeus, and Seetec. It is very crafty of the DWP to hire unqualified subcontractors to deal with the unemployed.

designergas

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:30 pm

No worries designergas,

Yes, record them.Keep copies of everything and sign bugger all.

I know what these vipers are like and dealt with them accordingly. Its not easy, but not as hard as they may like to think. And very satisfying when accomplished. Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:54 pm

jobberpw wrote:

Well if these wankers tried/try this on me, will tell them to F right off and more. Some ones going to end up in court.

Providers must have due regard to the protected characteristics as defined in the Equality Act 2010.

Nothing will end in court as you well know. we "DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN ANYTHING" There is no legislation to make you sign any document from the restart scheme!!!!
Just turn up and (participate) say no to everything. Start with the fire register and say no sign. Then go from there. Do not sign anything. Do not permit them to contact you by e-mail or anything else. No, No, No. let them contact you by post only.
The government backs this up along with not signing any contracts so please, please, please don't sign any documents with Restart or any other. I have tried too hard.

They are just an obnoxious parasitic disease that will not stop until they get the money.

Abit like Labour? Very Happy Mad Mad Mad Mad
oneman
oneman

cc120 and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:29 pm

It makes me angry that these schemes are useless, i'm not effected by these schemes because I stand up for myself and the fact I have bugger all work history in the last 28 years every scheme always have parked me as they know deep down they will not make any money from me.

Last edited by fordcortina1970 on Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:35 pm

Are you the perfect AI experiment for them then fordcortina1970?

Don't tell them pike.

Ian Lavender. Gave the best moment. RIP

I understand everything. your not alone. Smile

Here comes the sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQetemT1sWc
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by designergas Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:46 pm

fordcortina1970 wrote:Seetec restart review  Img_1010

Every time I do a bit of retro gaming and I see Restart I wish I could edit it but I can't. It makes me angry that these schemes are useless, i'm not effected by these schemes because I stand up for myself and the fact I have bugger all work history in the last 28 years every scheme always have parked me as they know deep down they will not make any money from me.

2.9 billion was wasted cost. What do these advisors do each day? All I see is them talking and listening to the radio at the expense of the taxpayers. They threaten you to take on full-time work; they get paid. Also, our information we provide to them takes credit and funding for doing nothing. My exit review had the advisor do this, and that helped me with everything. You have done nothing in 12 months.
And monitor your work pattern for six whole months. And yet, they extended the contract until 2026. It would be better off shutting the whole scheme down and using the money for work experience. At least I learned something they are just harassment like cold calling pricks told them this.

designergas

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:21 pm

designergas wrote:

Every time I do a bit of retro gaming and I see Restart I wish I could edit it but I can't. It makes me angry that these schemes are useless, i'm not effected by these schemes because I stand up for myself and the fact I have bugger all work history in the last 28 years every scheme always have parked me as they know deep down they will not make any money from me.

2.9 billion was a wasted cost. What do these advisors do each day?  at the expense of the taxpayers. They threaten you to take on full-time work; they get paid. yet, they extended the contract until 2026. It would be better off shutting the whole scheme down and using the money for work experience. At least I learned something they are just harassment like cold calling pricks told them this.

They get paid. It makes me so fucking angry as well!!! (every moment of every waking time fordcortina1970.)

I'm so pleased I can deal with it on hear.
Thanks.

We do not forgive or forget.
We were here before hidden grey elephants in the room???

There is none so blind as those that will not see.

Last edited by oneman on Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
oneman
oneman

Ignatius and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:41 pm

https://youtu.be/zQMs2LyjKJQ?t=129

Wow.

Never forget.

WAR!     What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCuJBNHohUo

The point is all that you can score.
Just relax.
Don't do it.

When you want to dream baby dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3amtAb-dp8

oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by designergas Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:35 pm

oneman wrote:
designergas wrote:

2.9 billion was a wasted cost. What do these advisors do each day?  at the expense of the taxpayers. They threaten you to take on full-time work; they get paid. yet, they extended the contract until 2026. It would be better off shutting the whole scheme down and using the money for work experience. At least I learned something they are just harassment like cold calling pricks told them this.

They get paid. It makes me so fucking angry as well!!! (every moment of every waking time fordcortina1970.)

I'm so pleased I can deal with it on hear.
Thanks.

We do not forgive or forget.
We were here before hidden grey elephants in the room???

There is none so blind as those that will not see.

I don't mind if they get paid or if they literally helped me, but they are literally thick and clueless. Every appointment, they ask for more hours of work or any updates; we need it. The advisor sounds like a broken parrot on repeat. Started to piss me off.

It makes me angry too. They are not very professional and completely unorganised. Half of them cannot string a complete sentence together; spelling errors in my action plan struggle to communicate effectively. Fail to book your appointments correctly; my first advisor didn't even know what a consent form was.

Restart courses is a waste of time. The tutor isn't even qualified to teach the class; he just reads out of a book and basically wants to fill the class quota so they can claim some sort of funding.

That is how bad they even removed the feedback forms at the end of the course because of the many negative feedbacks.

The front receptionist lady is just a mouthy, nasty piece of work. You come across zero customer service skills and zero politeness, which represent the company brand. Just say yeah, name OK, sit down over there. It sounded like her pet dog.

Yes, they hate the unemployed participants; they think everyone is a scum on earth that enters the office. Without the unemployed, these people wouldn't have jobs.

Don't even get me started on the seetec manager; this person just bullies everyone, including his advisors, participants, wife, and kids. The restart manager is the iron fist.

Like I said, only scumbags apply to become restart advisors or managers, so they can bully the most vulnerable people in society easy to control and tend to get away without any repercussion also a excellent career progression for narcissist.
They wouldn't dare do this to a real man or woman in the streets. Also, if you come across as a threat to them, if fucking hurts their pride and egos they will lock you on target and tend to gossip about you around the office in their little spare time about how to get you back. This happened to me on the consent forms for standing up for myself.

I became the number one target; everyone was just giving me dirty looks and saying my name loudly just for fun. They feed on drama; it is just a toxic environment to be in. Never mind working with them; they even bully the worst-performing advisor, making them run around the restart office at the morning meeting, making them worthless. They even escorted advisors out of the building, telling them to pack their bags and leave after questioning the manager's decisions sums up this scheme. 

designergas

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:26 am

Oneman:"Nothing will end in court as you well know."

Correct! for those who fear to take that route. Up to others what they choose to do. or not...as the case maybe. Turning up and effectively being used as a psychological punch bag, is not my favorite way to spend time. But hey ho. We all must do, what we have to do Twisted Evil .
jobberpw
jobberpw

oneman, Ignatius and designergas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by designergas Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:25 am

jobberpw wrote:Oneman:"Nothing will end in court as you well know."

Correct! for those who fear to take that route. Up to others what they choose to do. or not...as the case maybe. Turning up and effectively being used as a psychological punch bag, is not my favorite way to spend time. But hey ho. We all must do, what we have to do Twisted Evil .

It is funny how they abuse their participants over the phone and face-to-face appointments and expect them to engage with the programme like nothing ever happened when clearly they are not in the real world. I definitely didn't feel comfortable attending any sessions or work placements at the restart office. Knowing full well that they all have a serious grudge against me, I literally didn't start anything. 

They did ask me, At the end, why don't you engage with us after that? I just did my own job search, gained work experience, and learned skills elsewhere, then sacked them off for 10 months. I only turned up for appointments and said hello and good morning. Bye-bye, their lost. I could have engaged with them. But their sinky attitude put you right off. 

designergas

oneman, jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Seetec restart review  Empty Devious staff

Post by cc120 Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:23 am

fordcortina1970 wrote:
It makes me angry that these schemes are useless, i'm not effected by these schemes because I stand up for myself and the fact I have bugger all work history in the last 28 years every scheme always have parked me as they know deep down they will not make any money from me.
I've been on a couple of these it's par for the course that they do not benefit/teach you anything and the staff are all devious & nasty so and so's.

cc120

oneman and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:01 am

always remember folks...

restart guidence states they cannot mandate via SMS or email

-assuming they actually mandate anyone at all. i never had the pleasure despite asking to be mandated so often :-)

also if they fob you off about travel cost repayments- demand a 3 way call about it with their point of contact at jobcentre to discuss it immediately whilst in their office ;-)

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down