BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appointments face to face?

+5
Caker
Absolut
parker123
D.Appleby
newclaim2021
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Appointments face to face? - Page 2 Empty Re: Appointments face to face?

Post by Absolut Sat May 01, 2021 5:06 am

bully3061 wrote:Typical shambles at JCP similar happed to me at the start of this virus we all turned up yet we were meant to have a phone call. Def never happened.
   Left arm does not know what the right arm is doing springs to mind.
    Hope JCP is in walking distance Absolut or you can get your bus fair paid as around my way that would of costed me £10+ due to now needing 2 busses Rolling Eyes

It is within walking distance, but I have a bad foot, suspected separated shoulder, and a bad back (all caused by 2 falls down steps). The security guards would not let us in and I had to stand about outside for ten minutes while they sorted themselves out. There is no seating outside. I was in a lot of pain by the time they let us back in. They then wanted me to go upstairs to be seen (about 40 steps)  Shocked When I point blank refused, demanding to be seen downstairs, citing reasonable adjustments (on record), they forced us both back outside again, causing me to unnecessarily negotiate half a dozen steps to the outside, stand about outside again for another five minutes, before letting us back in where hubby was to go upstairs and I would be seen downstairs. The JCP worker said he would see us both together. I was wiped out when I got back home.
Absolut
Absolut

bully3061 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sat May 01, 2021 10:19 am

Absolut wrote:
bully3061 wrote:Typical shambles at JCP similar happed to me at the start of this virus we all turned up yet we were meant to have a phone call. Def never happened.
   Left arm does not know what the right arm is doing springs to mind.
    Hope JCP is in walking distance Absolut or you can get your bus fair paid as around my way that would of costed me £10+ due to now needing 2 busses Rolling Eyes

It is within walking distance, but I have a bad foot, suspected separated shoulder, and a bad back (all caused by 2 falls down steps). The security guards would not let us in and I had to stand about outside for ten minutes while they sorted themselves out. There is no seating outside. I was in a lot of pain by the time they let us back in. They then wanted me to go upstairs to be seen (about 40 steps)  Shocked When I point blank refused, demanding to be seen downstairs, citing reasonable adjustments (on record), they forced us both back outside again, causing me to unnecessarily negotiate half a dozen steps to the outside, stand about outside again for another five minutes, before letting us back in where hubby was to go upstairs and I would be seen downstairs. The JCP worker said he would see us both together. I was wiped out when I got back home.

I think it maybe worth a complaint on the following grounds:

• Poor service
• Departmental error
• Inconvenience and pain

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/compensation-for-poor-service-a-guide-for-dwp-staff/financial-redress-for-maladministration-staff-guide#scope-and-authority-of-the-special-payment-scheme

The balance of probabilities does not apply, because there is indisputable evidence that you were notified in writing of the face to face interview.

CCTV proof is also available.

https://makeacomplaint.dwp.gov.uk/

D.Appleby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat May 01, 2021 3:41 pm

With regards to the CCTV, in the FOI. It says the images are kept for 28/31 days ( not sure how long it takes for them to make a copy?). 🎬

Incident: "The images would be requested/copied and passed over to the relevant DWP manager/requestor."
confused

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/738439/response/1773157/attach/html/3/FOI%2023594%20Response%20Letter.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/cctv_116#incoming-1773157
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue May 11, 2021 6:30 am

D.Appleby wrote:I think it maybe worth a complaint on the following grounds:

• Poor service
• Departmental error
• Inconvenience and pain

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/compensation-for-poor-service-a-guide-for-dwp-staff/financial-redress-for-maladministration-staff-guide#scope-and-authority-of-the-special-payment-scheme

The balance of probabilities does not apply, because there is indisputable evidence that you were notified in writing of the face to face interview.

CCTV proof is also available.

https://makeacomplaint.dwp.gov.uk/

The security staff thought they were helping by attempting to sort it out and it didn't occur to them that I might have hidden disabilities. It's not usually their job to have to think about things like that. I won't put in an official complaint. It's too minor a matter and the error wasn't malicious. I wish I'd not had to go through it and hopefully it won't happen again. We are due to get a phone call today and I will see if they mess that up too Very Happy
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2