BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digital appointments (via the journal)

2 posters

Go down

Digital appointments (via the journal) Empty Digital appointments (via the journal)

Post by MontyIsInnocent Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:44 am

I briefly mentioned this in another post but would be interested to hear from anyone who has been participating in their roach appointments digitally, via the journal or just anyone's experience when trying to negotiate with a roach.

I have had digital appointments (via the journal) perfectly fine and without any issues up until a change of roach but they now want to pull me kicking and screaming into the Jobcentre for appointments.

I have reiterated to them my reasons for requesting digital appointments in the first place but they are digging their heels in now, claiming it is now mandatory for all claimant groups to do face-to-face, change of protocol, your previous roach shouldn't have agreed to that...blah. blah,blah...I have yet to pen my next reply to them but they have also raised the issue of sanctions should I not attend.

Unlike a lot of people I actually find it a massive benefit to be able to deal with them via the journal. Means I don't have to speak with them on the phone or engage with them face-to-face, perfect situation in my eyes! Very Happy

MontyIsInnocent
MontyIsInnocent

Back to top Go down

Digital appointments (via the journal) Empty Re: Digital appointments (via the journal)

Post by Absolut Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:00 am

Consider whether it is worth the hassle of disagreeing to what might be a  one-off meeting because you haven't signed a claimant commitment or haven't ever been in to see them at all under your current claim. Once they've seen you they are likely go back to only wanting to see you every 3 months. They've likely been told to verify all newer claims with a face to face.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Digital appointments (via the journal) Empty Re: Digital appointments (via the journal)

Post by MontyIsInnocent Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:25 am

Absolut wrote:Consider whether it is worth the hassle of disagreeing to what might be a  one-off meeting because you haven't signed a claimant commitment or haven't ever been in to see them at all under your current claim. Once they've seen you they are likely go back to only wanting to see you every 3 months. They've likely been told to verify all newer claims with a face to face.

Thanks for your reply.  It has made me think...I do try and let them have their wins along the way, but sometimes I can be stubborn and actually enjoy the battle somewhat! Very Happy They did want to perform this appointment over the phone initially but I had already specified no phone contact so I may have painted myself into a corner there with that one.  Like you say though, they may also have some policy of wanting at least some face-to-face along the course of the claim, which looking at it impartially, I suppose is not too unreasonable.

They had mentioned that my commitments were due to be reviewed so I guess that is what the appointment is regarding but I will make sure I confirm this with them, although it is listed as a Work search review in my to-do list.  I just don't want to end up having to go the the Jobcentre every two weeks for work search reviews which can just as easily be performed online via the journal.
MontyIsInnocent
MontyIsInnocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:14 am

I understand where you are coming from. I doubt they will want to see you every fortnight as the vast majority of them are lazy and prefer distant authoritarianism via the UC journal, but you never know what they are thinking as their default position is to lie by omission. There will be some agenda, most likely either a new claimant commitment or to get you to sign up to some useless course.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down