BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No new appointments (UC)

4 posters

Go down

No new appointments (UC) Empty No new appointments (UC)

Post by Jara Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:57 pm

Hello everyone!

I am on UC with my partner.

Since last week I have no upcoming appointments. Nothing at all for the future, my to-do-list on the journal is empty!

I was told someone would get back to me last week but heard nothing.
I was supposed to go on virtual appointments with a new virtual work coach but they have not contacted me.
With coronavirus going on, maybe this new work coach is in self-isolation? I don't know.

A life without UC appointments sounds great.
But are these work search reviews needed for the payment to go through?

Jara

Back to top Go down

No new appointments (UC) Empty Re: No new appointments (UC)

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:11 pm

I had my monthly UC jobcentre appointment today, was quite weird. Firstly had to sanitise my hands before entering the waiting area, they have a hand sanitiser dispenser right by the entrance. Place was almost empty, and even though my appointment was for 11am, I was seen as soon as I sat down, as I always like to get there 10 minutes early.

No usual discussion about jobs to look for, my WC didn't even look at the job search evidence I'd emailed her earlier. She just said they'd only be taking on emergency appointments for the near future (people making new claims for one) and didn't book me any appointment for the near future. Once things get back to normal, or as near as normal, she said I'd be given a date for next appointment. On leaving she said to take care of myself and she'd see me whenever! The whole appointment was about 3 minutes when it's usually between 10-15 minutes...
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:13 am

I understand that some claimants are receiving journal messages that appointments will be replaced with telephone calls until further notice.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:30 am

Last edited by Pintel on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra)
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Just an hour after I made this thread I got a telephone appointment booked in on my journal. Today my partner had their regular appointment converted to a telephone appointment, but also at the same time my telephone appointment were cancelled. So now I am back to no upcoming appointments.

Tarquin Flotsam wrote:I had my monthly UC jobcentre appointment today, was quite weird. Firstly had to sanitise my hands before entering the waiting area, they have a hand sanitiser dispenser right by the entrance. Place was almost empty, and even though my appointment was for 11am, I was seen as soon as I sat down, as I always like to get there 10 minutes early.

No usual discussion about jobs to look for, my WC didn't even look at the job search evidence I'd emailed her earlier. She just said they'd only be taking on emergency appointments for the near future (people making new claims for one) and didn't book me any appointment for the near future. Once things get back to normal, or as near as normal, she said I'd be given a date for next appointment. On leaving she said to take care of myself and she'd see me whenever! The whole appointment was about 3 minutes when it's usually between 10-15 minutes...

Seems like we don't have to worry so much about the Jobcentre anymore. Let's just hope economy survives this virus without any new drastic austerity measures.

Caker wrote:I understand that some claimants are receiving journal messages that appointments will be replaced with telephone calls until further notice.

In my opinion the only sensible thing to do. Most of my Jobcentre-appointments since I started my claim could have easily been completed through a phone call. Let's hope this will be an eye opener for DWP and even after the virus there will be less face-to-face for claimants who are able to do online/phone appointments.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm

I agree. There is no benefit to personal attendance. It causes inconvenience to claimants and requires local offices to be maintained where none are needed. HMRC functions perfectly well without having regular face to contact with taxpayers. I think the DWP could too.

Has anyone been helped with anything when attending a face to face JC meeting?
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:04 pm

I've just had a look at my UC journal and first thing I saw was this:

No new appointments (UC) YyZARm3

Note that it says nothing about giving evidence of jobsearch activities. I don't enter those on my journal, I prefer to email direct to my WC, but I imagine many do. Even if they do want you to continue searching for work surely they can't expect the same as before? Maybe this needs to be clarified...
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down