BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Forms of ID Required for JCP Appointments

+4
Leaf
The Catwoman
Intincroi
Ignatius
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3 Forms of ID Required for JCP Appointments  Empty 3 Forms of ID Required for JCP Appointments

Post by Ignatius Mon May 15, 2023 11:19 am

At my signing appointment this morning I was informed by the WC, who to be fair couldn't keep a straight face, that with immediate effect claimants must produce 3 separate forms of ID at all JCP appointments. As I only had a bank card on my person I had to answer 2 security questions.

For the benefit of others, apparently this is a new national policy and will apply to all benefits requiring f2f appointments. Any correspondence used as ID must be dated within the previous 3 months. Letters from the DWP/JCP are not permitted as a form of ID 🤔. Without ID, you must give correct answers to the security questions or else...

The staff seemed pissed off with this new rule as they haven't been given any extra appointment time to conduct these additional checks. My WC even commented it must be a desperate plot to reduce the claimant count.

I think I need a lie down.

Ignatius

Caker, oneman, scratch and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

3 Forms of ID Required for JCP Appointments  Empty Re: 3 Forms of ID Required for JCP Appointments

Post by Intincroi Mon May 15, 2023 12:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting claimants to bring in documents as a way of trying to harvest information from the documents.  I don't receive much mail these days, so it's rare I have a letter about me from the last 3 months.

Looks like I'll be answering their security questions then.

Intincroi

Caker, oneman, scratch, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

3 Forms of ID Required for JCP Appointments  Empty Re: 3 Forms of ID Required for JCP Appointments

Post by Ignatius Mon May 15, 2023 12:50 pm

Couldn't agree more about data harvesting, Intincroi. Some people will dig themselves a claim ending hole when they hand stuff over.

I too would rather answer security questions but what if I answer incorrectly?

I don't have a driving license or passport, none of the bills are in my name, I bank online and the only "official" correspondence I receive is the occasional bit from the DWP. I may struggle to rustle up 3 forms of ID. My WC did comment that even the staff don't know what will be considered acceptable. They thought I should be ok with bank card, birth certificate and NHS medical card.

I'm itching to hear if others on here encounter the same palaver in order to get their measly £84.80 per week. At my next appointment I'm sorely tempted to handover my jobsearch, my 3 bits of ID and a gruel encrusted begging bowl!

Ignatius

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Mon May 15, 2023 1:29 pm

So they've managed to think of something else to torment jobseekers.

The Catwoman

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf Mon May 15, 2023 2:07 pm

Security questions are normal when I get sent to a different roach. The most jobsworthy one wanted to know if I knew my mobile no. If they see you regularly though, they're taking the piss.

If requesting a bunch of personal info in an open plan office becomes the new norm, I don't think it's unreasonable for us to insist they provide a private room for appointments.

Leaf

oneman, scratch, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Mon May 15, 2023 2:22 pm

I was asked this today told him my passport missing driving licence expired all my contract bills have no paper statement where do I stand couldn't give me a answer.
Last week voting people need to bring in ID cards before they are allowed to vote.

The restart the worst everyone can listen into your private information open plan office.

Mousecat

oneman, The Catwoman, Ignatius and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 15, 2023 2:25 pm

This was a WC who normally signs me. I have been asked for ID when signed by someone I've never previously met, but this 3 forms of ID is a new one on me. The staff were clear that the policy was for ID first with security questions as a last resort option. The staff didn't look too happy with the nonsense either. As I said earlier, they hadn't even been issued with a list of acceptable/unacceptable forms of ID, just any correspondence must be no more than 3 months old.

I'm starting to think the best way of dealing with this is to take in a shoe box stuffed with everything I possess with my name and address on it and let the WC rummage about in it until 3 satisfactory documents are found.

Ignatius

oneman, Tom tiny and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousecat Mon May 15, 2023 2:39 pm

Ignatius wrote:This was a WC who normally signs me. I have been asked for ID when signed by someone I've never previously met, but this 3 forms of ID is a new one on me. The staff were clear that the policy was for ID first with security questions as a last resort option. The staff didn't look too happy with the nonsense either. As I said earlier, they hadn't even been issued with a list of acceptable/unacceptable forms of ID, just any correspondence must be no more than 3 months old.

I'm starting to think the best way of dealing with this is to take in a shoe box stuffed with everything I possess with my name and address on it and let the WC rummage about in it until 3 satisfactory documents are found.

Haha, I never been ask for ID since 2016.
Bring in every statement you let them waste their time these parasites better make them pay for your new ID eg passport and driving license that what I'm asking the restart programme to fund me for my new ID.

Mousecat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Mon May 15, 2023 4:00 pm

How would a gas letter prove who you are.
They are taking the Mick,
no doubt if you don't have any of these they will say it's a barrier to employment 🙄 and they will try it on and want photocopies of everything.

The Catwoman

oneman, Ignatius, Tom tiny and Mousecat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 15, 2023 4:37 pm

I see it as another part of the Great JCP Obstacle Course - a means of tripping you up, rather than satisfying The Man that a claimant is who they purport to be. In the past when I've been asked a security question it has been about my phone number or name of bank. Today's questions were a bit more detailed and exclusively about my benefit claim. Surely if I was a ringer I could be coached to give the correct answers anyway.

If I still received paper bank statements I certainly would not use them as ID. My bank balance may not be in imminent danger of hitting the savings threshold and only the DWP pay money in to my account so I have nothing to hide, but like hell do I want a WC knowing how I spend my money. Perhaps someone should do a cheeky FOI request in the future to find out how many claims were closed as a result of this stupidity. They should have given staff and claimants proper notice of this change. I don't know anyone who aways has 3 forms of ID on them at all times. It reminds me of that farce in lockdown when they were asking people who claimed during COVID to submit a picture of their front door.

I forgot to ask if a joint claim requires 6 separate pieces of ID.

Ignatius

oneman, The Catwoman and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom tiny Mon May 15, 2023 5:07 pm

This is fuckin stupid this signed on last Friday told me to produce three forms of identification next sign on or they will not process my claim wtf is this bullshit anyone remember the electronic sign in at the job centre that was scrapped you cannot get your signature into the system they only allow you 3 tries.

I could bring my bank statements for identification my work roach will just laugh.
I literally spend my UC money on 35 pence drinks at home and bargains and other essentials like 15p plastic bag and £1 pizza food and bills my transaction history is one complete joke some fucker last year reported me to the benefit cheat hotline had to attend a compliance interview that case was thrown out within minutes after looking at my bank statements.

Three forms of "ID" is hard to produce everything is now done online all my bank statements are done online ulitlies bills online will they sanction me next fortnight sign on day for not provided this request let wait and see FFS my work roach knows me since 2019 isn't like the first meet up isn't like I had a fuckin face lift and became unrecognisable overnight.

Tom tiny

oneman, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 15, 2023 5:25 pm

Were the staff at your JCP pissed off about this as well, Tom tiny? My WC and the one sat next to them at least had the decency to be embarrassed about having to implement this. They seemed genuinely concerned about people who don't have the "easy" options of passport and driving licence. They echoed your concerns about producing written proof of ID in a paperless world. Print outs of online accounts are often not accepted by organisations. The WCs I dealt with didn't know if showing them your online accounts on your phone would satisfy these requirements. I certainly don't get an official letter every 3 months and I doubt I'm the only one. They thought a less than 3month old prescription would be ok, but who wants a WC knowing about any health conditions?

We probably need to compile a list of security questions and acceptable ID for future reference for anyone.

I've had another thought. Does anyone higher up check what the WC has accepted as ID to process your claim/payment? What would happen if it is later ruled that a particular piece of ID should not have been accepted??

Ignatius

oneman and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Mon May 15, 2023 5:37 pm

The security questions probably could be your phone number, 2nd line of address 🙄, post code, date of birth.

What a joke

The Catwoman

oneman, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 15, 2023 5:53 pm

Catwoman, you swot revising for your upcoming JCP ID exam. I need to get learning my phone number.

My questions today were: do I claim any other benefits and is anyone else part of my claim? Maybe not the hardest but some people could be easily tripped up if they forget things like council tax benefit that are not automatically associated with JCP or people who receive the various premiums that exist and just lump it all together as one benefit.

Looking online I can't find any official announcement of this new procedure. Making it up as they go along - again!

Ignatius

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom tiny Mon May 15, 2023 6:29 pm

Ignatius wrote:Were the staff at your JCP pissed off about this as well, Tom tiny? My WC and the one sat next to them at least had the decency to be embarrassed about having to implement this. They seemed genuinely concerned about people who don't have the "easy" options of passport and driving licence. They echoed your concerns about producing written proof of ID in a paperless world. Print outs of online accounts are often not accepted by organisations. The WCs I dealt with didn't know if showing them your online accounts on your phone would satisfy these requirements. I certainly don't get an official letter every 3 months and I doubt I'm the only one. They thought a less than 3month old prescription would be ok, but who wants a WC knowing about any health conditions?

We probably need to compile a list of security questions and acceptable ID for future reference for anyone.

I've had another thought. Does anyone higher up check what the WC has accepted as ID to process your claim/payment? What would happen if it is later ruled that a particular piece of ID should not have been accepted??

My work roach did laugh about it on the sign on day she said this is pointless exercise very quietly incase the manager is listening in.
I don't think they accept photocopies as ID no one knows what identification the job centre actually accept on your sign on day this announcement wasn't made clear enough was rushed through at the last minute I'm just going to turn up with the 1 ID my driving licence if they don't process my claim will kick up a fuss on that day your mobile number, postcode and NI should be enough to say who your are on that day.
Imagining taking your passport, driving license and birth certificate to sign on and losing this on your way home way to risky happened to me once driving licence.

Tom tiny

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 15, 2023 7:05 pm

Thinking back to when I made my claim for JSA I don't recall having had to prove my ID to this extent, or any extent for that matter. I know with UC there is an ID checking process when a claim is made. If you receive UC surely you have satisfied the ID checks already, and for JSA I don't really recall proving who I am being part of having my claim accepted.

I received a letter from my opticians today informing me that my eye test is due. It has my name ✅, address ✅, is dated last week ✅ and is on proper company paper ✅. I will keep it inside my JobSearch book for the next 3 months.

Ignatius

Caker, Pintel, The Catwoman and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon May 15, 2023 8:56 pm

A couple of points here, in particular order.

⚽ I am surprised no one has mentioned that it sound like a backdoor 🚪 method to introduce National ID cards💳???
What's next fingerprints, and 'Mug' shots/photos before you can claim your Dole.

🏀 Whilst I understand when a person makes a new claim/ transferred to the UC system. They are required to show proof of identity, at the first meeting ( Verity?). But every time!confused

🏉 And on a positive note 🎵. Surely this will eat away at the valuable time⏰, the Roach'clown has with the Claimant... Especially if the person is 'slow'🐌 upon presenting the required documents 🤭....

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....

Pintel
Pintel

oneman, Ignatius and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon May 15, 2023 9:19 pm

Mug shots? Fingerprints? How old skool, Pintel. They should electronically tag each and everyone of us scroungers. Or an orange jumpsuit would identify us.

As this just impacts upon the scrounging class I doubt it will attract the attention and criticism that photo ID for voting recently did. The point about backdoor ID cards is salient but again it's not like normal people have anything to worry about so who will care?

Think I might have to send for some brochures or junk mail type stuff that will either do for proof I am Ignatius or take up valuable WC time as they explain why my documents are not good enough. I wonder if I wrote to my MP about this nonsense and used my reply on posh House of Commons headed paper would be acceptable as ID? Asking for a friend.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue May 16, 2023 4:50 pm

Ignatius wrote:Mug shots? Fingerprints? How old skool, Pintel. They should electronically tag each and everyone of us scroungers. Or an orange jumpsuit would identify us.
? Asking for a friend.

🍍It would be interesting to see if the DWP 👺, are so keen on ID's if they had to start paying out💰 to get claimant's suitable identification documents. confused

'How old skool' that's the type of guy I am #Ignatius 😋. Besides with all the mobile ☎ phone tracking, is it really needed, to 'electronically tag' claimant's. A waste of money, when good old fashion 'Cattle🐮 Branding' could be used 🤗.... And  the problem with an 'Orange Jumpsuit' around my local area, is a Network-Rail yard🛤️. Maybe a fabric in a Indigo colour?3 Forms of ID Required for JCP Appointments  3889284177.
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue May 16, 2023 4:55 pm

Whilst I am here, is a 'Sick Note' (fit note) 🤒acceptable to the JCPs 🚽 list of 'Kosha' documents.
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue May 16, 2023 5:56 pm

A WC once offered to use the Flexible Support Fund to buy me a provisional driving some years ago. I declined on grounds I didn't need one! Obviously I won't bother applying for jobs as a clairvoyant.

If WCs think a less than 3 month old repeat prescription is acceptable, a sick note should be fine. I still think we should all get writing to our MPs about JCP batshittery and use their replies as proof of ID. Bonus points for anyone whose reply refers to a WC treating claimants below the accepted standards. Imagine the look on the WCs face when they read that.

Ignatius

oneman and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Tue May 16, 2023 5:59 pm

What I don't get is why do we need an identity check for every appointment. I won't be walking up the road with my bank statement just to show some arrogant cow who already knows who I am.

The Catwoman

oneman, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue May 16, 2023 6:23 pm

Cos they like making our lives as difficult as possible.

At your next appointment waste the WC time by asking pointless questions about what will suffice as ID, why this has been introduced and so on. If you choose the security questions take your time answering just to further annoy them.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaf Wed May 17, 2023 12:04 am

The Catwoman wrote:What I don't get is why do we need an identity check for every appointment.

It's because benefit fraud is rampant and a terrible crime. Covid and government fraud is perfectly fine and can be written off like it never happened though.

Leaf

oneman, Pintel, Ignatius and Tom tiny like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom tiny Wed May 17, 2023 12:18 am

Ignatius wrote:Cos they like making our lives as difficult as possible.

At your next appointment waste the WC time by asking pointless questions about what will suffice as ID, why this has been introduced and so on. If you choose the security questions take your time answering just to further annoy them.  

Hope my WC doesn't become a ass about this if she does I'm going twist the words ask her where is your ID? I need to see this now how do I know you work here? let's the games begin hope it doesn't come to this sad to have a big fall out with my work coach she is very respectful if they play this stupid game I will do the same in return.

Don't get me started at the restart everyone hates me 4 advisors now avoid me at all cost not even a hello or any eye contact at all more complaints you file about the program they will not even phone you up my last phone call from the restart advisor April 5th.

Tom tiny

oneman, Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next