BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme?

+6
Committed Claimant
Admin
Pintel
Gallazz
Absolut
london123
10 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? - Page 5 Empty Re: Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme?

Post by Committed Claimant Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:08 am

London123

Draft of letter to be passed over to Jobcentre coach for the attention of her manager the next time she refuses to honour your decision to decline referral as you were initially informed that you were entitled to do as it was voluntary, or threaten to initiate punitive sanctions.

Feel free to add or detract from it as you see fit.

The Manager [Name if Known]
Your Local Jobcentre.
Date

Subject: Selection and procedural inconsistencies in WHP referral process – Maladministration - Harassment

Be so good as to accept this letter as a formal request for a review/reconsideration of the decision to ‘voluntarily’ accept referral onto the Work & Health Programme and enlist with the Provider, Reed.

You might also regard it as an official complaint of maladministration and, should the matter proceed to the raising of a Doubt and/or sanction stage, I would have you attach it too, as my statement, to your ES48 form, if you still carry out that procedure by the book.

This matter was raised with me initially at a routine appointment on [Date] by one of your subordinates, [Coach Name], who has been passing herself off to me as my personal adviser and work coach.

In the course of the discussion exchanges were necessarily brief, coach being either on a bonus or a strict deadline. Apart from stating that the referral was voluntary no serious attempt at an explanation of what the Programme involved was given nor was any indication of how it would benefit me. No serious attempt was made either to address some of the issues I raised. I was told I would be contacted with further details.

I was left with the impression that I would be sent the official notification letter inviting me to an initial internal JCP referral interview with the work coach as prescribed in the DWP Guidance on WHP referral. No such letter, or invitation, materialised.

Instead, I received, a couple of days later [Date], what can only be regarded as a summons from an unqualified employee of Reed, the programme provider, to attend an initial interview at their premises, their only purpose being to peddle their wares for gain.

I found it incomprehensible that your office could pass my personal details to third parties, who have secured for themselves the authority to pass them on to goodness knows how many other parties involved in their schemes, and other even more dubious ones, without even bothering to seek my consent, far less secure it.

Ordinarily I would be thankful for any constructive assistance in finding satisfactory and gainful employment and constructive suggestions to advance the prospect would be gratefully received and acted upon. Neither the coach, nor your office, gave me any indication of dissatisfaction with my efforts to obtain secure and legitimate employment prior to the notification of the decision unilaterally taken by the coach and conveyed to me during the routine appointment referred to above.

I appreciate the many challenges faced by unemployed claimants when trying to secure gainful employment and the difficulties this presents for coaches ostensibly trained and obliged to help them. However, I find it difficult to accept that coaches who, according to their job description, obliges them to help claimants, should throw in the towel, accept and admit failure, and fob me, and their obligations, off on some private sector provider seeking to profit from my predicament with little or no interest in my personal circumstances. Furthermore, it should be a cause of concern that coaches are apparently at liberty to flout the law and their contractual obligations in this way with the full support, encouragement, instruction even, of their superiors.

I sent a formal letter of complaint expressing my misgivings about both the selection and the referral process itself but inadvertently addressed it to a District Manager which I now understand to be a different branch of your organisation. I don’t know whether or not that manager passed my letter on to you, as appropriate recipient, or whether or not you chose to ignore it but either way none of my concerns and misgivings were addressed.

Having worked most of my life and interacted with all sorts at all levels I see no advantages for me of ‘work experience’. Writing a CV, application letters and completing forms poses no problem either. I have enough of the basic computer skills to get by on, use the internet and carry out job searches too. I have neither the inclination nor the intention of signing up to any sort of social media.

I am on medication now due breathing difficulties and likely to remain so for the rest of my life. The anxiety that this matter is causing leaves me with increasing and deeper bouts of depression and stress. I constantly fear that I may need to seek further medical assistance before my condition gets irretrievably worse.

I read with incredulity and indignation on the providers own website that I would be obliged to participate in what can only be described as group therapy sessions where my personal mental thought processes, my physical health and my life story would become the subject of discussion amongst strangers. I would be required to sit there and listen to those strangers’ life stories, real and imaginary, that you have hooked or coerced by deceit or guile to participate in this programme and opine on them in turn. Their only qualification for being there is that they swallowed the ruse perpetrated on them hook, line and sinker. Hardly qualifies them to help me into work when they can’t help themselves. Its sheer madness. No power on earth can compel me to expose myself to such degradation and to becoming the talk of the town.

I attach a copy of the government’s own assessment of the programme for your perusal. Nothing I write could expose to such a degree the depth of depravity and false propaganda JCP in cahoots with the providers go to in order to con claimants into accepting referral to it.

Finally, if the coach, or any other JCP or Reed employee continues to behave towards me with raised voice and hostility or threaten me with punitive action or sanctions, or treat me in any way in breach of DWP policy, the Civil Service Code, their statutory obligations under the law and my legal rights, privacy, civil and human rights law,  I will have no alternative but to serve you with a cease and desist order for harassment. This, as you will doubtless know, will entitle an officer of the law to attend on you at your office and frogmarch you in handcuffs through the Jobcentre and off the premises. A prison sentence and/or a large fine could be the resultant sentence.

I do hope things don’t come to this but be assured that I will take the matter as far as the complaints process and the law permits until I get a satisfactory outcome. All I ask is that my decision not to accept voluntary referral to this programme be honoured as I was given to understand is my right.

Yours sincerely,

Attachment:

The Work and Health Programme was first introduced in England and Wales between November 2017 and April 2018. Its aim is to support disabled people as well as the long term unemployed. Job Centre Plus staff refer clients to public, private or volunteer providers.

The providers are paid a service delivery fee as well as outcome-related payments when a person reaches a specified level of earnings once in employment, or reaches six months of being in self-employment.

The latest statistics by GOV.UK, show that, by May 2019, 76% of all individuals referred have started on the Work and Health Programme.

75% of all people starting the Work and Health Programme are from the Disability group, which is the majority group to be referred to the programme.

9% are from the Early Access group, 16% are from the Long-term Unemployed group. Participation of this group is mandatory. 63% of all people starting the Work and Health Programme are male.

The programme’s jobs outcomes show 27% of starts from the first monthly cohort (December 17) achieved a job outcome within 17 months of starting.

Of those 24% come from the Disability group. 3% from the Early Access group. The latest is the only voluntary group.
Since this programme started, out of the 103,420 referrals for 87,400 individuals and 66,100 starts, only 4,920 individuals secured a ‘job outcome’.

The figures for the disability group are stagnant, with little improvement since November 2017. Nearly 9 out of 10 participants (88%) have not obtained a ‘job outcome’.

Sophia, a 40 years old woman from South East London, was referred to her local Maximus Work and Health program in January 2019.

The first appointment was a group assessment during which attendees had to fill in some forms about their work experiences. Health issues were then discussed in a group setting, with little privacy to ad-dress those personal issues. The focus solely remained on work.

She was then booked for a psychological assessment which was on the phone, with a mental health therapist she has never met before.

During this phone assessment she was asked to give her history of Child Sexual abuse and Domestic Violence experiences. Sharing such personal information was really distressing which she told the as-sessor, who confirmed Sophia wasn’t ready for work.

After this assessment, Sophia wasn’t contacted again until the 26th of March. She met her Key Worker who wasn’t aware of the psychological assessment and had no record of it. She asked her more ques-tions about her past, distressing Sophia further.

The Key Worker persisted to talk about work. When Sophia presented her with a GP’s note, she de-clared: “It doesn’t matter, you can still work.”

The assessment outcome that Sophia wasn’t fit for work was also dismissed. Sophia felt her Key Work-er didn’t have any real knowledge about mental health and that her main role was to push her into work.

She was told that no matter what her health issues were, she could take control of her life and work if she really wanted to.

On the 3rd April, Sophia called her Key Worker who didn’t get back to her until the 13th of April. During their next appointment, Sophia was given forms to fill in about personality, skills, qualities and on how you could improve professional skills.

In August, Sophia had help updating her CV and was advice to complete two online courses: 10 Steps to Confidence and First Aid at Home. Sophia has had no contact since.

The programme lasts 15 months with the promise to support the most vulnerable UK citizen into em-ployment that best suit their needs.

In the eight months Sophia has been referred to Maximus, she only met her Key Worker 4 times and it has only been for the last 6 weeks that they offered to help her with her CV and such, however her mental health kept being dismissed.

Sophia’s experience and the latest statistic from the program clearly show that the Work and Health programme doesn’t work for its Disability group.

Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? - Page 5 Empty Re: Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme?

Post by jobberpw Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:20 am

Outstanding letter CC and hope London takes this advice, otherwise I feel he's going to be in for a nasty ride.

They are already taking the piss out of him by thinking he's in a good enough position physically and mentally to participate. And yet anyone with the brain of an ant can surely see that he's not.

I feel jc minus need to get their staff fully trained being as is clear they are overlooking Londons situation;management down.

If London has a large pile of cash somewhere he can do as he proposes. But most certainly don't and are bossed around by the state just to be able to live on a tenner a day. 😠
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:02 am

London123 - if you go to that first meeting you will be allowing those 2 women to get away with breaking the law. They will become emboldened and then bully other disabled claimants onto the scheme using the same tactics (passive aggression).

If you say YES and go to that first meeting you will be making sure that every other disabled or sick claimant in that JC has no right to decline the WHP based on changed circumstances.

You are disabled according to the Equality Act. When you declined to go to the initial WHP provider meeting that is when your work coach should have backed off. You changed your mind based on your feeling unwell and you were facing a house move (a difficult thing when you have a disability). Instead of taking those changed circumstances into account your work coach decided to threaten daily signing and intimated that a sanction would be enacted if you did not go to that first meeting. I don't think your work coach has realised what she has done. The threat of a sanction against a disabled claimant is not the same as the threat of a sanction against a non-disabled person. Such a threat could give rise to a discrimination case against her and her employer. Ignoring a claimant's disabilities or ill health or changed personal circumstances is discrimination.

As a disabled claimant I've been fighting off a WHP voluntary referral for the last 2 years. I know, for certain, that if they step one inch towards discriminating against me I will consult a solicitor about it. I'd advise you to do the same or at least tell your work coach and her manager that you are going to do so as you suspect that they have breached your rights under the Equality Act.  

The advice below also applies to UC claimants.

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/other-benefits/jobseeker-s-allowance/jsa-sanctions

If an activity is made mandatory even though you will struggle with it because of sickness or disability, or if a reasonable adjustment is refused, get advice about suing immediately – don’t delay. There is still legal aid available for discrimination cases. Examples of discrimination could include:

• being forced to travel long distances by public transport even though you have a physical health condition that makes travelling difficult for you;
• being kept waiting for long periods of time for public transport, even though your condition makes this difficult or painful for you;
• being expected to discuss your health condition in an open-plan office where you can be overheard by other people, no matter how distressing you find this.

As soon as you are told that something is mandatory and you think that this amounts to discrimination seek advice – the act of threatening you with a sanction can be discrimination, whether the sanction is applied or not. According to insiders in the legal profession, actions like this are virtually always settled by the DWP and the only ones that don’t succeed are those that are out of time because advice is sought too late.

Your work coach decided that anti-discrimination law doesn't apply in your case because you are unemployed. She is wrong. Her position as a civil servant doesn't give her an "opt out" - as a civil servant she MUST comply with the Equality Act and anti-discrimination law.

This will be my last post on this issue. If you decide to go to that first meeting I will not be able help you any further.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:32 pm

I can understand where London123 is coming from. The fear of benefit issues and money stopped is greater than being discriminated. It could takes months to fix something through tribunal, a lot of people can't afford to be without money for that long. So I certainly understand why London123 want to comply and that is also why civil servants at DWP gets away with so much these days.

I know that for myself, if I get a longer than a 4-week sanction I could end up being homeless. Even if tribunal sides with me later on. It will all be well and good to have money reinstated - but I lost my home.. my pets and my computer. And even if I manage to claw myself back somehow it could all happen again in an instant.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Very well said and articulated in a precise manner Absolut. And have to say, I truly admire your resilience against the system. I have taken some info for myself in what you mention in regard to discrimination as I have also overlooked that point at some stage but will not in the future. I know people can get legal advice for £28 a year through one of the unions. Think I will be rejoining just in case.

As Jara says, the loss of benefit can have a bad effect on people as does the constant threat of sanctions. This is the dwps warped mentality of giving us the carrot. When back in the real world its like being hit with a baseball bat.

There comes a time though, when you have to turn the bat arround.

If someone Is on UC the housing element is untouched when sanctions are in place as is council tax. It's the jsa element they like to stop but can only do this if they are 100% right. 75%of cases at tribunal stage are proving their not. If a lawyer gets involved it could cost Dwp substantially more than a sanction. I feel they will soon be finding out, as people are just getting pissed off with their bullying almighty attitude. That applies to jc minus as well.

Jobber
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Jara wrote:I can understand where London123 is coming from. The fear of benefit issues and money stopped is greater than being discriminated. It could takes months to fix something through tribunal, a lot of people can't afford to be without money for that long. So I certainly understand why London123 want to comply and that is also why civil servants at DWP gets away with so much these days.

I know that for myself, if I get a longer than a 4-week sanction I could end up being homeless. Even if tribunal sides with me later on. It will all be well and good to have money reinstated - but I lost my home.. my pets and my computer. And even if I manage to claw myself back somehow it could all happen again in an instant.

But the Jobcentre manager has stated that he won't be sanctioned, and NonDeficere2 that the claimant "has a right to change their mind" following a voluntary referral (and before the initial appointment). The several other members who have failed to take up voluntary referrals would have been sanctioned had there been grounds for it, particularly Catwoman, whose Jobcentre "went crazy" and threatened her with sanctions which by the sounds of it they would have loved to impose. As Jobber has pointed out, their treatment of London123 is outrageous in light of his age and serious health problems.

The problem is that London seems to think he can quit if he doesn't like the WHP, when the regs state that he'd be mandated. I know that's what his Jobcentre told him but they could say his reasons for not wanting to continue on the WHP weren't good enough or deny ever saying he didn't have to, since nothing was put in writing. They certainly don't sound trustworthy.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Yes, I remember Catwoman from the other forum, had some major probs with a provider company. If her story is on here London could get a better idea of what we are trying to help him with. I know all this may be very confusing for London, as it once was for me, well....still is:lol: -to a certain extent but learning all the time. Something which has to be done to survive this circus of a system.

The classic thing JC is always looking for and now especially to help hit their targets=bonus £0.00. Any excuse to bludgeon someone who doesn't participate in one of their looney tune "opportunities."

I hope London can get his head around all this info and if not just do stage 1 and DO NOT ATTEND THE Voluntary opportunity. Smile
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:02 am

Summary of Catwoman's experience from my memory:

She was informed a signing appointment that she had been referred to the WHP. No additional info was supplied.

She attended the initial appointment, not realising the referral was voluntary, but the provider told her in this appointment. She then refused to sign their data sharing forms, and the advisor told her that as a result, they could not start her on the programme (I think that was a ruse to get her to sign, since plenty on the old Work Programme didn't sign these forms).

When she relayed this to her work coach, she "went crazy" and told her she'd be sent to a decision maker. Catwoman tried to show the roach and the manager this FOI, which they refused to read:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_and_health_programme_forms

They told her it was mandatory to sign the forms when the referral wasn't mandatory, and according to the above, mandatory participants can refuse to sign. No sanction materialised, but they put her on weekly signing and demanded to see a copy of her CV, which they said was "good for the bin", but equally, no sanctions ensued.

So Catwoman swerved her referral by not signing the forms, but I wouldn't be confident of the same result for the next person who does that. I think not going to the provider interview is the safer bet.

Gallazz

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Cheers Gallazz,

"which they said was "good for the bin", but equally, "so are they
Gallazz.

I would have really taken these scumbags to task. They totally bullied Catwoman and joke shop should never send ANYONE to such cowboy unprofessionally run businesses of which is clear in what Catwoman's case reports. Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? - Page 5 1310887813 Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? - Page 5 1199018962

I hope that anyone on this forum doesn't just sit back and take such pathetic behavior. If I was one of the provider employees I'd be careful where I went in my spare time. They just might get a taste of their own medicine in wheelbarrow loads.

"I think not going to the provider interview is the safer bet." As someone has been advised Laughing
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:58 am

The poor treatment being meted out to members here reminds me of the post work programme regime...

...Work Programme leavers face Job Centre threats and bullying.
http://www.theopinionsite.org/work-programme-leavers-face-job-centre-threats-and-bullying/

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:35 am

Some great info there Welfare Champion and another piece I will be storing in my folder for 2020 when they come out with all their ideological bullshit at JC or WHP provider. They need to be clearly reminded of their actual failures. These companies should not be allowed to operate. Their being paid with an open-ended cheque-book and delivering nothing of value if they call 5% value for money. As for the bullying that's being reported. If that goes on in my area, I will be straight to see someone for legal advice.

After reading the report and posts under it in your link Welfare Champion, I am concerned that no one has actually taken litigation against them for undue harassment. Them posts are 2 years old and worryingly, that no one has come back to post any sort of success. Maybe sue these scumbags under eq or disability act? if I get chucked there; of which I fully expect to and soon!

Apparently, the law states that: harassment is when a person behaves in a way which is intended to cause you distress or alarm Twisted Evil .

Looks like London is going along with his original decision. Be interesting what he reports back to us on his journey from the WHP.

Not sure when he begins but do hope he lets all know how it goes and what actually goes on inside the big top.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:11 pm

Jara wrote:I can understand where London123 is coming from. The fear of benefit issues and money stopped is greater than being discriminated. It could takes months to fix something through tribunal, a lot of people can't afford to be without money for that long. So I certainly understand why London123 want to comply and that is also why civil servants at DWP gets away with so much these days.

exactly.
ive just moved address and now suddenly im in arrears £366 ive phoned housing association,several times ,and was told it was overlap from universal credit,missing payments,so now they have added the debt to my rent so now £40 a month back on top of my rent,and to top all universal credit are not paying the full amount of rent, short fall of £23 a month,which i have to pay,just been phone with housing as they have set up a direct debit for rent payment,and universal credit are paying direct to them as well,so all my money is going on rent right nightmare, wish i had stayed put,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Yes appreciate it can be difficult depending on how someone is financially. But, housing benefit can not be touched when someone is sanctioned. Unfortunately the jsa element can. Unless they've recently changed the law and regs on this?

They sanction people regardless of whether they comply with whatever they ask of you or not. What I have noticed is they do it more with people who maybe seen in their eyes as a light touch.

Do whatever is best for yourself at the end of the day.

Merry Christmas

Jobber
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:39 pm

london123 wrote:
ive just moved address and now suddenly im in arrears £366  ive phoned housing association,several times ,and was told it was overlap from universal credit,missing payments,so now they have  added the debt to my rent so now £40 a month back on top of my rent,and to top all universal credit are not paying the full amount of rent, short fall of £23 a month,which i have to pay,just been phone with housing as they have set up a direct debit for rent payment,and universal credit are paying direct to them as well,so all my money is going on rent right nightmare, wish i had stayed put,

Going off topic.

Hope this info is helpful.

If you're behind with your rent.

Get advice on dealing with your rent arrears as quickly as possible - if you owe a lot of money, your landlord could try to evict you.

If you’re 2 months or more behind on your rent, your landlord can ask for some of your Universal Credit to be paid directly to them. This will help you pay off the debt. You’ll need to keep making your usual rent payments as well.

If these cuts in your payment mean you can’t afford day-to-day items like food or bills, call the Universal Credit helpline. They might be able to give your landlord less money for rent arrears.

If you’re thinking of lowering the rent arrears payments from your Universal Credit, you should contact your nearest Citizens Advice to get advice first. Your landlord might try to take further action to evict you if the payment they receive isn’t what they expect - this depends on your circumstances and the type of tenancy agreement you have.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/on-universal-credit/universal-credit-debt-rent-arrears/

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:24 pm

what gets me ,is its not my fauklt im in debt its universal credits for missing payments when they should have been made.even the housing officer said she noes its not my fault. but i have to pay for their mistakes,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:25 pm

jobberpw wrote:Yes appreciate it can be difficult depending on how someone is financially. But, housing benefit can not be touched when someone is sanctioned. Unfortunately the jsa element can. Unless they've recently changed the law and regs on this?

They sanction people regardless of whether they comply with whatever they ask of you or not. What I have noticed is they do it more with people who maybe seen in their eyes as a light touch.

Do whatever is best for yourself at the end of the day.

Merry Christmas

Jobber

yea i will addend and face the music,i want a part time job anyway, if i can get one, im sick of all this,
happy Christmas to you.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:05 am

london123 wrote:what gets me ,is its not my fauklt im in debt its universal credits for missing payments when they should have been made.even the housing officer said she noes its not my fault. but i have to pay for their mistakes,

Just a suggestion, make it a new year resolution to get help with your finances.  This should help reduce your stress and anxiety.

If you have a question about benefits, work, money, housing problems or something similar, and need help in finding out more about your rights and the options available to you, do consider contacting a local independent advice organisation.

To get started, just enter a postcode above or search by location

https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

All the best London123.

Edit: Ask for an in work benefit calculation to find out if it is worth you while working part-time after expenses.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:08 am

Welfare-Champion wrote:
london123 wrote:what gets me ,is its not my fauklt im in debt its universal credits for missing payments when they should have been made.even the housing officer said she noes its not my fault. but i have to pay for their mistakes,

Just a suggestion, make it a new year resolution to get help with your finances.  This should help reduce your stress and anxiety.

If you have a question about benefits, work, money, housing problems or something similar, and need help in finding out more about your rights and the options available to you, do consider contacting a local independent advice organisation.

To get started, just enter a postcode above or search by location

https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

All the best London123.

Edit: Ask for an in work benefit calculation to find out if it is worth you while working part-time after expenses.

yes the first thing i will do when on the course is ask for an in work benefit calculation.i know i will be not much better off in part time work, after bus fairs ect. but at least i wont have to see the joke center again,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:41 pm

Good luck London123 and sincerely hope these morons leave you alone.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:17 pm

Well, things have never looked better. We can now all relax everything will be taken care of at the NEW and wonderful Work Health Programme. The people who have devised this are deluded and hell-bent on wasting taxpayer's money yet again.No one can force an employer to employ an individual, particularly what they define as an older one with outdated skills and irrelevant work experience compared to what is needed for today's new economies. Its mini wage on offer for these people, or a life of the dole until they reach retirement. The answer would be for some, UBI where they would be able to pursue an interest without the state breathing down their necks every 10 minutes and maybe start a business up and turn their life around in more ways than one. But we can't have that...can we. Evil or Very Mad

All the courses under the sun won't change the current situation of those unemployed. It never has and never will. We have seen many work programmes come and go and all with disastrous results. Maybe of help for the very young but even they, have many qualifications and things to contribute that would be better served outside of being forced into a cooped up in a room with a bunch of strangers-building paper planes etc.

jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:24 pm

jobberpw wrote:Well, things have never looked better. We can now all relax everything will be taken care of at the NEW and wonderful Work Health Programme. The people who have devised this are deluded and hell-bent on wasting taxpayer's money yet again.No one can force an employer to employ an individual, particularly what they define as an older one with outdated skills and irrelevant work experience compared to what is needed for today's new economies. Its mini wage on offer for these people, or a life of the dole until they reach retirement. The answer would be for some, UBI where they would be able to pursue an interest without the state breathing down their necks every 10 minutes and maybe start a business up and turn their life around in more ways than one. But we can't have that...can we. Evil or Very Mad

All the courses under the sun won't change the current situation of those unemployed. It never has and never will. We have seen many work programmes come and go and all with disastrous results. Maybe of help for the very young but even they, have many qualifications and things to contribute that would be better served outside of being forced into a cooped up in a room with a bunch of strangers-building paper planes etc.

ive been on plenty courses in the past.skills for work. work program.was even sent to college for 6 weeks a few years ago,for interview skills and cv writing course .i had some funny looks of the young students, built a bridge out of a news papers ,three of us made a chair out of balloons.(team work)must of cost the tax payer a fortune,and here i am still being sent on yet another course. suppose its just part of being unemployed.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Must have felt real awkward London having to sit there amongst many younger people. I guess another result for joke shop in their intimidation tactics, aka, sign off ASAP.

You or anyone shouldn't be put in such an embarrassing situation all because some beurcrats haven't a clue how to deal with the unemployed. Certificates to match not worth bog roll.

Hope your whp appointment goes smoothly London as I know you won't want anymore stress.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:25 pm

jobberpw wrote:Must have felt real awkward London having to sit there amongst many younger people. I guess another result for joke shop in their intimidation tactics, aka, sign off ASAP.

You or anyone shouldn't be put in such an embarrassing situation all because some beurcrats haven't a clue how to deal with the unemployed. Certificates to match not worth bog roll.

Hope your whp appointment goes smoothly London as I know you won't want anymore stress.

haven't heard anything yet. but the reed number is still blocked on my phone,and can not find a way to remove the block. any how they can send me a letter i suppose. still stressed about uc not paying the full amount of my rent. i only moved,because of the bedroom tax. now with the arrears and them not paying the full amount,i wish i would have stayed put.

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:09 pm

London contact the CAB like now for advice about your rent situation if you haven't done already? That's a top priority for you.

I see you have a major problem with the rent not being met in full due to the bedroom tax. Can you move asap before this gets worse or ask for some kind of negotiation on rent?

Are you renting privately or council?

You have medical conditions that need to be discussed with your GP and used to make your life better.

A full discussion with your GP ASAP should help.

From what you've told us on here, someone in your position with those conditions, ailments would qualify for LCW.... at least I would have thought so.

And, confounded as to why your GP hasn't pushed you in that direction. This would also help you out with forthcoming WHP.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by london123 Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:31 pm

housing assosiation i have just moved last week in to a one bedroom bungalow, the rent is cheaper than my last place ,but they wont pay the full amount,

london123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next