BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's happened to Welfare Central?

+8
Jara
echidna
Non Deficere
Caker
Admin
Paul61
MrFrankZola
Gallazz
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's happened to Welfare Central? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Welfare Central?

Post by Caker Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:58 pm

Welfare-Champion wrote:I understand Caker.

I think we can sometimes reach a point that most subjects have been explored and dissected.  Social security Law has not changed a great deal, but the regime has changed significantly and it has created considerable pressure for Jobseekers as well as people claiming disability benefits.

Very true. I enjoy discussions about the above topics and I would love to engage in more of them.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

What's happened to Welfare Central? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's happened to Welfare Central?

Post by echidna Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:20 pm

POST REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS - APOLOGIES.

echidna

Back to top Go down

Post by echidna Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:53 pm

POST REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS - APOLOGIES.

echidna

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:07 pm

POST REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS - APOLOGIES

I think forums are similar to twitter accounts where people share information across the net.  I should imagine many posts have been copied and pasted, without links.  

Hopefully, this will improve.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:38 pm

as long as its referenced back to the original poster/site it shouldnt make any difference to what site has it posted as a copy

however it does make a difference if they are using all of the information provided from that site or poster
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by echidna Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:19 pm

I agree that common decency would be to reference where the link came from.It seems to be a regular occurance that at least a couple of the poster on welfare central routinely take posts from here and post them on welfare central without reference to having found them here first.The main culprits seem to be paul-UB40 and Finnster.

echidna

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Wed May 08, 2019 3:11 am

From my point of view, I would much prefer for ideas and advice to spread rather than be acknowledged but undiscovered.
However, reference something should not cost much effort.
Perhaps the world could be a better place if those of goodwill would prefer to see similarities as more important than differences.
In the end, any deception finds its comeuppance.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul61 Thu May 09, 2019 10:40 am

echidna wrote:I agree that common decency would be to reference where the link came from.It seems to be a regular occurance that at least a couple of the poster on welfare central routinely take posts from here and post them on welfare central without reference to having found them here first.The main culprits seem to be paul-UB40 and Finnster.

First I have not copied posts from this site; If I see something of interest I source from the given link;
so unless you claim exclusive rights and ownership of the source site, you have nothing to moan about.
Surely its far better for All sites helping unemployed people to share as much information in order to Help and assist others, And not play some sort of "Im better then You" Games.

Paul61

https://unemployment-gb.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

What's happened to Welfare Central? - Page 2 Empty The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Post by echidna Fri May 10, 2019 1:56 pm

echidna

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Paul61 wrote:First I have not copied posts from this site; If I see something of interest I source from the given link;
so unless you claim exclusive rights and ownership of the source site, you have nothing to moan about.
Surely its far better for All sites helping unemployed people to share as much information in order to Help and assist others

as long as you remember it works both ways is my opinion

im all for helping other people and sharing info between external sites

its part of the reason why ive allowed you to post your site on here instead of blocking or even banning the words of your forum being used
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat May 11, 2019 8:47 am

I suggest we stick to the Harvard referencing system (used by UK educational establishments)

https://www.ukessays.com/referencing/harvard/

Only the original source of data needs to be quoted in any post and not any subsequent source, although out of politeness, each forum could acknowledge the other via 'hat tip'

e.g.
www. what do they know. co uk

hat tip Mr Men of www.welfare central .....

No plagiarism is taking place and the other forum is respected sunny
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul61 Sun May 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Admin wrote:
Paul61 wrote:First I have not copied posts from this site; If I see something of interest I source from the given link;
Surely its far better for All sites helping unemployed people to share as much information in order to Help and assist others

as long as you remember it works both ways is my opinion

im all for helping other people and sharing info between external sites

its part of the reason why ive allowed you to post your site on here instead of blocking or even banning the words of your forum being used

What's happened to Welfare Central? - Page 2 2035158131
And I appreciate this.

Paul61

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul61 Sun May 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Caker wrote:I suggest we stick to the Harvard referencing system (used by UK educational establishments)

https://www.ukessays.com/referencing/harvard/

Only the original source of data needs to be quoted in any post and not any subsequent source, although out of politeness, each forum could acknowledge the other via 'hat tip'

e.g.
www. what do they know. co uk

hat tip Mr Men of www.welfare central .....

No plagiarism is taking place and the other forum is respected sunny

Fully agree; Its far better to "Work Together"

Paul61

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Sun May 26, 2019 10:29 am

To continue from another thread, and this post:
Miguel1975 wrote:After my post here yesterday, I can't login into Welfare Central. I get:
Warning
You can't access the private section of this site.

But I see other people have posted in the meantime.

Is this just me? Is it just a "coincidence" after what I said yesterday?

I've been banned from there too, no surprise. No room for anyone who is left wing. According to Martin78, one of the more vocal fascist scum now at home on WC (and endorsed by failed (but proud of it) criminal Paul), anyone remotely left-wing is either antifa, communist, a snowflake or a terrorist... Unlike Miguel I've taken screenshots of some of the offensive posts by these Tommy Robinson fanboys, which I will post if needed. The right always argue about freedom of speech and how the left are trying to kill it, yet I've lost count the amount of posts that have been removed because the "admin" (there is no "admin", it's just Paul under a pseudonym trying to deflect any criticism coming his way) do not like anything they disagree with...

So, nobody should worry anymore about what's happened to WC, what is needed is for the few remaining good members over there to jump ship and join us here. Leave Paul and his little group of fascist minions to their own devices, maybe rename the site Tommy Robinson Central, or Brexit Central.
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun May 26, 2019 1:13 pm

We would warmly welcome anyone from WCF who would like to join us. We are true to our original cause of helping people and sharing knowledge. sunny

Last edited by Caker on Sun May 26, 2019 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by welfare is central Mon May 27, 2019 1:59 pm

What Really Happened On Welfare-Central.Org

What defamation??

admin edit request of removal of link

Last edited by welfare is central on Mon May 27, 2019 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No links to defamation)

welfare is central

https://tinyurl.com/yxn2g97g

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon May 27, 2019 4:24 pm

welfare is central wrote:What Really Happened On Welfare-Central.Org
admin edit request of removal of link

Just showing as a blank white screen on my device. Nothing to read. scratch
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 27, 2019 6:12 pm

request of removal has been issued

admin edit has had to be taken place

kindly please dont show what has been issued or sent against another forum
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Just for information....

Not sure what has happened/happening, but it is clear that more than 30% of posts are hidden from regular members.

In recent days I have noticed the post count does not match the visible count. There must be a select membership on this forum.

Many sites charge a fee for exclusive access/information.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:48 am

POST DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS - APOLOGIES.
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:00 am

I think WCF has moved away from welfare issues and introduced different subjects (sport etc) in order to widen appeal. It seems now that 'anything goes' including political extremism and irrational intolerance of different views.

The site no longer justifies the name of welfare central, since it is not the central hub for anything 'welfare'.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:05 pm

That thread now seems to have disappeared, or most likely been hidden. No surprise there...
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by welfare is central Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:15 pm

POST DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS - APOLOGIES.

welfare is central

Back to top Go down

Post by welfare is central Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:33 pm

POST DLETED FOR SECURITY REASONS - APOLOGIES

welfare is central

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:36 pm

Every site finds its own niche and direction.

I try to keep to the aims of this site, but I do go off track occasionally!

Respect and Support for People Claiming Welfare Benefits Self-help. Iinformation and advice on how to prevent and challenge benefit sanctions. Support with ESA, PIP claims, the work programme and other mandatory schemes.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next