BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wefare Central offline

+4
TheFinnster
Caker
Tarquin Flotsam
ElephantCycle
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wefare Central offline Empty Wefare Central offline

Post by ElephantCycle Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Welfare Central now offline after the website hosting company TSOHOST (edited deleted admin)
became a forum member, of a site now renowned for hateful posts and insinuating some are unworthy of benefits.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammatical)
ElephantCycle
ElephantCycle

Back to top Go down

Wefare Central offline Empty Re: Wefare Central offline

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:02 pm

It could just be temporarily offline.

However, it won't be missed. It is/was a front for Tommy Scumbag Robinson's neo-fascist fans, masqueraded as anarchists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:24 am

It was probably taken down by an army of disabled gay antifa snowflakes determined to stop "free speech".

Or it'll be back very soon spouting the same crap, most of it now hidden from the majority of users.
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:49 pm

It was certainly no longer a hub for welfare. It seemed full of extreme politics.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFinnster Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:32 pm

admin removed edit
TheFinnster
TheFinnster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:09 am

TheFinnster wrote:don't be surprised if something happens to respectful benefits in retaliation for this attack
Why should respectful benefits be attacked for one person's actions, if indeed this person who has caused the (probably temporary) closure of WC is who you think it is...? Shocked
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFinnster Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:27 am

admin edit deleted

And on a side note id like to ask respectful benefits what your policy on sock puppet accounts is ?

Am I allowed to make a second account to go stirring up shit and causing trouble as well ? because that's the message your sending by allowing this.
TheFinnster
TheFinnster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:02 am

TheFinnster wrote:

Am I allowed to make a second account to go stirring up shit and causing trouble as well ? because that's the message your sending by allowing this.
You're stirring up enough shit with your account. Why do you need another one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 am

I am sorry to read the news regarding WFC.

Usually most forums resolve any disputes amicably.

If the site has been hacked WFC’s host provides free backups, so the whole site can be back on line quickly.

We run free daily site backs ups and keep them for 30 days to give you one less thing to worry about.

https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

If someone has made a complaint about content held on a tsoHost site, the usual procedure is as follows:

We may undertake investigation of content services if potential abuse is brought to our attention and we reserve the right to remove any web page on our servers at any time and for any reason. Any accounts found to be abusive, contain illegal content or otherwise break our terms of service will be liable for immediate termination with no refund.

https://www.tsohost.com/legal/acceptable-usage-policy-aup

I don’t think it is appropriate to make any allegations that may be defamatory about any member on this or any other site.

Hopefully, the matter will be resolved shortly.

With the use of a VPN it should be easy to create another account on most forums, however every member has to comply with forum rules:

https://www.forumotion.com/terms-of-service
https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/abuse?page=%2Ft3984-wefare-central-offline&report=1

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:04 pm

TheFinnster wrote:This is why your left wing is collapsing far left ideology has made a bunch of immoral scum bags who go around engaging in criminal behaviour and they say we are the hateful ones what a fucking joke.

I guess you didn't read the news, Tommy Robinson been jailed for criminal behaviour.

People on every side commit crime. We are all people. DWP with it's monster train Universal Credit doesn't care who you follow, it will sometimes hit you hard. And that's why we have this forum Respectful Benefits. To help everyone who needs help.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:It could just be temporarily offline.

However, it won't be missed. It is/was a front for Tommy Scumbag Robinson's neo-fascist fans, masqueraded as anarchists.

I am not too sure when WC will be back but hope it is. Never seen any real over the top posts on there just people venting about how bad they have and are being treated by a system that's not fit for purpose. I see a curtain-twitching fan on here. Easy to adopt an opinion that anyone on benefits is a scrounger. Well matey, been working for 30+ years so get off your high horse.

"It is/was a front for Tommy Scumbag Robinson's neo-fascist fans"You have to be joking. I suggest you look up the word "neo-fascist" and how that correlates to peoples historic experiences of being unemployed.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Putting to one side comments that may have upset some people. Every social media platform attracts people who are drawn to a particular website/forum, FB, Twitter account etc, which supports their beliefs/thinking etc.

Occasionally, some members of a site will cross the line and a complaint will be made that is not resolved satisfactorily via the usual channels.  The website participant then has to decide whether to leave, or make a formal complaint when internal procedures have not resolved a serious issue.  

We could debate the matter in hand until the cows come home, but the bottom line is, we all have freedom of choice regarding the platforms we join and we have the option to complain formally/legally if we choose to do so.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:17 pm

Jackson wrote:well now that answers my question why i have not been able to log onto welfare central since last week,
oh dear all this just don't sound like a friendly site at all, perhaps things are different across the irish sea;
do anyone know when welfare central will be coming back. ?

Just curious, are you the one who fulltimes in a van? Or I'm confusing you with somebody else.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFinnster Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:55 pm

currently we cant give an ETA on when WC will be up and running again Jackson, Paul is working on it but he has a job as well so its going slowly as far as I'm aware he only has access to the back end atm it sounds like it was hacked by a SQL injection to retrieve paul's password cant be sure atm till we get it sorted and can look in to it more
i will be advising Paul to start sanitizing and validating user parameters before submitting them to the database for processing its not perfect but it can help reduce the chances of being attacked via SQL Injection if that is indeed what's happened.
TheFinnster
TheFinnster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:07 pm

jobberpw wrote:
Miguel1975 wrote:It could just be temporarily offline.

I am not too sure when WC will be back but hope it is. Never seen any real over the top posts on there just people venting about how bad they have and are being treated by a system that's not fit for purpose. I see a curtain-twitching fan on here. Easy to adopt an opinion that anyone on benefits is a scrounger. Well matey, been working for 30+ years so get off your high horse.

"It is/was a front for Tommy Scumbag Robinson's neo-fascist fans"You have to be joking. I suggest you look up the word "neo-fascist" and how that correlates to peoples historic experiences of being unemployed.

Not quite "a front for Tommy Scumbag Robinson's neo-fascist fans"" but not far off. I could name some of the objectional members but won't lower myself. But I've seen many posts which are homophobic, Islamophobic & xenophobic, plus many comments about those who are too ill to work being scroungers out for the easy ride. If anyone doubts my words I have screenshots as proof. It's mostly from recent members who are definitely right-wing in thinking, which makes you wonder what they're doing on a site originally for helping those on benefits... Not that there's been much help in that area the past few months.

Oh, and the censorship on WC is ridiculous, many users being disabled for daring to confront some of the bile being spouted on the site. Usually these posts are then deleted... or moved to the hidden area which only a select few can see...
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Tarquin Flotsam wrote:Oh, and the censorship on WC is ridiculous, many users being disabled for daring to confront some of the bile being spouted on the site. Usually these posts are then deleted... or moved to the hidden area which only a select few can see...

I have been banned there too after standing up for another member. The admin can't take criticism. They are like one of my work coaches. Once you get a bit too uncomfortable for them they squirm and then just want to see you gone. So I rather not post on a site that's managed by a coward.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 pm

The web forum format is inevitably going to end in flame wars. I'm an old-skool Internet user. I grew up with BBS first, then the usenet and mailing lists. People behave differently when they use email. I'm not saying that there were no flame wars on the usenet, but people stuck to the topic and it rarely descended into disabling/removing user accounts.

I remember some really heated threads on the GNU/FSF and Debian mailing lists, but they were nothing compared to the stress of dealing with web forum. And don't get me started with Facebook groups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:27 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:The web forum format is inevitably going to end in flame wars. I'm an old-skool Internet user. I grew up with BBS first, then the usenet and mailing lists. People behave differently when they use email. I'm not saying that there were no flame wars on the usenet, but people stuck to the topic and it rarely descended into disabling/removing user accounts.

I remember some really heated threads on the GNU/FSF and Debian mailing lists, but they were nothing compared to the stress of dealing with web forum. And don't get me started with Facebook groups.

We are still in the September that never ended Smile

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:03 am

Whilst we respect personal opinions on this forum, we cannot tolerate threats, whether these are overt or covert.

The member who posted a threat has now been banned for 14 days, and informed of the reason for the ban.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:28 pm

theFinnster wrote:And caker if you don't like welfare central why do you post there every day with your sock puppet account Elsie

I am flattered that you think I am 'Elsie', but you are wrong. She is far cleverer than I am.

You clearly have not detected the username that I actually used on WCF.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm

I can now reveal who really hacked WC: the Globalists, George Soros, the Jewish finance and the shape-shifting lizards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:59 am

all i can say is people was reminded stuff to do with other site remains with the other site please remember that otherwise post will be edited and deleted or the whole post removed
sorry its got to be this way

we cannot have stuff on this website that are simply accusations

as goes for frank i make it very clear here frank has done plenty of good work over the years producing and providing plenty of good information which has aided many members on here

if you think you can do any better your welcome to get writing get producing and get your own website to feed all these details for others to have and use over the years

personally i think frank has better things to do

admin edits have been implemented and the posts have been deleted

due to 2 reports via admin side of Defamatory content
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ElephantCycle Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 pm

"Welfare Central Members; Forum Has Closed Down"
Username
Password
view-source:https://welfare-central.org/
https://welfare-central.org/
ElephantCycle
ElephantCycle

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:52 pm

ElephantCycle wrote:"Welfare Central Members; Forum Has Closed Down"

view-source:https://welfare-central.org/
https://welfare-central.org/

No idea what has happened, but I expect the current, long standing members of WFC will get together somehow.

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarquin Flotsam Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Welfare-Champion wrote:No idea what has happened, but I expect the current, long standing members of WFC will get together somehow.
As long as it isn't a site masquerading as a benefits help forum, which it had more or less evolved into the past few months, I'm sure they'll find somewhere suitable where they can spout their bile...
Tarquin Flotsam
Tarquin Flotsam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next