BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sector Based Work Academy

+6
scratch
Jara
The Catwoman
Intincroi
fordcortina1970
Topaz
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sector Based Work Academy  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sector Based Work Academy

Post by Pintel Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:29 pm

@Ingatius
"Your dreams may come true Pintel. Apparently they are opening new stores throughout the country all the time. It's probably just a matter of time before you find yourself being signed up."

That's what I am worried, there is currently 2x of these "B--" stores in my shore's ⛱....
So I am worried about being run a ground by these rocks. 🤪

It used to be supermarkets like T****'s" and 'A**i'. That was the life blood of the economy?
Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't *&*, a company that was enrolled on the 'Work fare' ( welfare to work scheme = basically work for your Dole)...

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:29 am

Mate, I went to the "* & M" talk/brainwashing. No such thing as too old or too many health problems for them. That's why they don't need to bother with sick pay. Their mental health first aiders and wide variety of roles mean they have a role for everyone and working for them is a hoot that will enrich your life. Or so they said.

I thought it was Poundland who were the infamous WorkFare company.

I suppose I should credit "*&M" a bit with being willing to target recruitment at the unemployed because a lot of employers wouldn't. It's just a shame that they are basically non-jobs that will equip most people for nothing else if they lose their job.

Ignatius

jobberpw, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:06 pm

What these supposedly highly educated dont get, or do, due to their incapabilities of fixing the economy with real sustained well paid work, call me stupid but, isn't the latter what's been needed these past 13 years. People only find that out when they lose their well paid job, and cant find another and along comes £80 a week pay cheque.And that's seen as we're being given too much. But now all is well, do 3-4 jobs a day, to make 8 hrs pay. Nice and secure, great flexible hours. No doubt all these so called jobs run alongside each other finish job A, and fly to job B ...literally.

Rather than wasting billions of on all these go nowhere provider day outs. People who are working a few hours in the likes of B & Q and a morning in the sausage roll place, are either retired or being forced into it,or very young. Nobody in their right mind wants to be working and not making a profit after expenses,imo. And yet, those getting paid handsomely spend their 'working days' telling us all, [It's not about the pay cheque when working  ,] em....who said that, remind me someone. Soon as i heard that, they lost my vote as it's going to be... rinse and repeat.

Pintel, i think i posted a link somewhere the other day to do with the PCS union, saying roach ville is snowed under and can now hardly cope due to many cracking under pressure, and now have a high turnover of staff. I have had about 25 different names appear in my journal past 2 years ? Which my bloody roach is i have no idea. Seems their playing a game of multiple choice, or the office has got 20 times bigger over night.

Help me out please someone, who is this grand employer of the year  "* & M" ? Evil or Very Mad Sector Based Work Academy  - Page 2 3228069604

I need a huge glass of red.

Last edited by jobberpw on Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:13 pm

Ignatius''if it wasn't for us we were free to go and to stay if we wanted an interview. ''

I'd have answered: It's clearly not for us, so we're going. And if it was, then would need to be dependent on pay and conditions etc, hrs.location,transport,aligns with health conditions, has flexibility and maybe then! we'd stay...simples...bloody morons.

And this: I decided not to draw attention to myself and stay put too.

I can fully understand why many wouldn't want to stand up and walk out unfortunately for them, i am the opposite. They have been trained to come up with those lines above.

Their not intelligent enough to have come up with that on the spur of the moment. I would have added to my answer above, 'so there is no fear of any sanction because i dont agree with your invitation then ? ' naturally with the phone recording all the time.These planks are using threats and coercion hanging over people's heads cos they know not to comply, could/WILL=sanction.They must actually get off on all this.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:35 pm

Ignatius:I can fake it through a talk by an employer and deliver a car crash of an interview but a bastard work placement as well??

If start time is 8am, phone in around 1030am after 3 coffee's and cookies. Always goes down a treat,the cookies that is Laughing  Twisted Evil   If these were good employers, paying decent pay, people would not be reacting like this.

One thing mosts humans know, is when their having the piss taken out of them, so those taking it, shouldn't be surprised it works both ways. If I was an employer, I'd stick to AI. The bots won realize.

Jobbers how to fail an interview techniques.Out on Ebook soon.Publisher advised me to shorten my list which was 21 items long.

| No. | Method                                
| 1 | Résumé in Pig Latin.                    
| 6.  | Invisible Ink Cover Letter.
| 8.  | Telling Jokes During Serious Moments.  
I will go in as my hero the IT Clown.Goes down a treat or wear my clown outfit to the interview.
21 Set ring-tone on phone to Crazy laughing cat.Can promise you, will get some serious stares.          

Obviously, i have never used such methods me being old and wise and knows better. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ignatius:Due to the ongoing effects of a traumatic personal event earlier this year I would have no difficulty getting a Fit Note but my concern is the JCP could ignore it and I might still have to do it.

Not too sure what's gone on there Ignatius, but sounds like you are well and truly covered should they pull a fast one.Whatever happens on any non attendance by you, for them to land a sanction it will have to look as though it was ''reasonable'' and took ALL your circumstances into account.So i'd spell all those out clearly. Reading what you state, i feel you will tie them in knots.Fit note, and a long one. Good Luck!

Last but not least "Desk Fort Construction: Begin building a fort with office supplies during the interview to showcase your architecture skills." follow up saying, you ''learned all this'' at a provider Co Hq, as they felt it would get you into work quicker! and remain in it longer.!Rolling Eyes ..how am i doing?Twisted Evil How many tea breaks a day do i get,what's your sick pay and pension provision like. I need to leave early as possible on Friday. And i dont do weekends. Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:00 am

Jobberpw, you don't know the name of the big retailer we're going on about?? Presumably your butler shops at higher class stores and hasn't shared the delights of this retailer with you.

B and M.

Don't let your WC know you've never heard of them or you will be signed up for a "talk" in a room and the next thing you know...

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:36 pm

@Ignatius: "Mate, I went to the "* & M" talk/brainwashing. No such thing as too old or too many health problems for them. That's why they don't need to bother with sick pay.

I thought it was Poundland who were the infamous WorkFare company."

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Yes them aswell, the usual company names lining up a the trough 🐽. For some cheap labour 🙄. Poundl**d ™ will always be associated with me, for the Work Program Placemoent vs Ms Cat Reily.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-graduate-cait-reilly-wins-7371673
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:50 pm

@Jobber: "Pintel, i think i posted a link somewhere the other day to do with the PCS union, saying roach ville is snowed under and can now hardly cope due to many cracking under pressure, and now have a high turnover of staff. I have had about 25 different names appear in my journal past 2 years ?."

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

At my local JCP 🚽, they seem to have no problems recruiting. There's always plenty of JCP 🚽 staff standing outside smoking 🚭/vaping. In addition the amount of time I have seen staff chatting. About non work related matters, can't be that 'snowed under ❄'???

To being transferred to a different Roach clown. I always thought it was like some chap told me whom used to vork in a 🚗car dealers. They constantly change the vehicle's between site's. So it appears the stock is being sold...
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:06 pm

Because of Jobber FIT (fail the interview) manual. Is this might be one reason why, interviews are being conducted in the JCP 🚽. No doubt some CCTV camera, will be monitoring the situation. While "#&*" may have a McDonald's ™ approach to recruitment ( You could maybe get a job as Ronald McD, at Jobber....😜). There must be some type of candidate they cast overboard. Some fella at my Job center, with a generous covering of ink/tattoos on his face. I wonder how he would fair, in a customer service role🤔...
*Disclaimer 🚨: I am not advising, anyone to get any tattoos/body alterations. Just to avoid working in Retail..
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:50 am

Interview done and I am on tenterhooks until Friday.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:59 pm

Jobberpw, you don't know the name of the big retailer we're going on about?? Presumably your butler shops at higher class stores and hasn't shared the delights of this retailer with you.

Yes, i was looking for my next clown costume in there.

B and M. Sector Based Work Academy  - Page 2 2035158131 Sector Based Work Academy  - Page 2 2049752255 Steering clear.

Don't let your WC know you've never heard of them or you will be signed up for a "talk" in a room and the next thing you know... Twisted Evil Laughing That made me laugh, was saying to myself, holy crap, i wonder who this wonderful employer is? Yes, those wilkos MK11 type stores, some good bargains not doubt substituted by very cheaper labour costs. I wonder if my trolley driving skills would suffice for an interview Sector Based Work Academy  - Page 2 1259455036

God, dont feel i'd last a day in there. I work best on the opposite side of the counter when i can afford to shop.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:10 pm

Pintel:"Mate, I went to the "* & M" talk/brainwashing. No such thing as too old or too many health problems for them. That's why they don't need to bother with sick pay.

I'd have to say, that's great you haven't any sick pay schemes.However, you will no doubt understand that its very reasonable when i dont turn up on a regular basis seemingly to understand my health conditions Twisted Evil ?

Hod did you get away from that opportunity Pintel, gives me the shivers just to think of myself in that place wit my costume on. I seriously feel really sorry for anyone being bamboozled into this 'work for your benefits crap.'Can  these morons not see this line of thought is doing sod all good for anyone...not even the employer. THey mus t have decent liability insurance as sure as hell going to need it while willing to treat people like this.Ooops! i just dropped a pot of paint....Janitor!! no, my names Jobber Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 pm

You know you want to, Jobber. "some good bargains"... Just think how many more bargains you could get with a 10% staff discount.

I've never really regarded staff discounts as necessarily a good thing. Fine if you normally use that shop, but if you don't they're pointless. They also encourage you to spend your money with your Bastard Employer, this enriching them further. Call me a communist but I kind of think companies owned by billionaires could do a bit better than minimum wage & 10% discount.

I will go back to my nervous pacing up and down until Friday.

Ignatius

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:25 pm

Yes Ignatius, many love their voucher scheme's, a real incentive. Now i wonder why i ever worked for money all those years Laughing .

I've heard some have said as a bonus, providing we are claiming universal credit and due to the food banks now having run clean out of food.Anyone who does a 12 hour shift, is entitled to a skip voucher. For the out of date stock. Not sure which companies are partaking in that grand scheme though,

Ignatius, are you really waiting on a call ?

If so,
you:Hello
Them:Hello
You:Hello
You:Hello
You:Hello, er, i still can't hear you.Hello. Rinse and repeat

Disclaimer:I can't advise the above, but heard others do it i the roach shop. Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:02 pm

Pintel and anyone else who may be interested in this.

The benefit system is verging on collapse & nobody's talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYFWpdapoN8
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:45 pm

Don't hold your breath Ignatius.  I'm still waiting for the ☎ call from Bird's Eye ™ Mascot job.  I thought I was the swab for the role of Captain Bird's Eye... There's my ready to weigh me anchor, and set sail to Bird's Island ⛱. To feast on fish🐠 fingers.   Besides, if you did play your 10% discount card 🤑. Aren't you worried about being 'Economically Inactive' 😲         https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Birdseye
Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:19 am

Are yes! the good old Captain is still at it, has the crew doing the 00.00 - 08.00 shift in the freezer. Cant beat that for working conditions in the middle of winter. Bonus if you work a few hours extra, and a promised an out of date pack of fingers will be on hand as you clock out.Twisted Evil

Cross your fingers Pintel, excuse the pun. And hope that call from hell doesn't come.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:35 pm

One week on from my interview, I have paced up and down, my tenters have been on hooks but my phone still hasn't rung with news. Apparently the jobcentre will be notified of the outcome. I don't remember consenting to that.

Ignatius

scratch and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:03 am

@Ingatius

may i ask did you have the correct CC issued when they updated yours with the SWAPs obligations?

cant fully explain but i have also had my guard down and almost got hooked into this scheme myself :-)

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:35 am

Mandi, my WC certainly did update my CC to include the SWAP and made a point of telling me when I signed the CC the SWAP was on it and what would befall me if I didn't attend. To be fair to the WC, when I listened back to my secret recording of that fateful appointment, they had done everything by the book and I would have been unable to claim I was duped into taking part. The SWAP paperwork I was issued with was marked SBWA01.

I accidentally signed myself up for a SWAP-lite where there was no requirement to do the unpaid training/work experience, rather just attend a talk and then be guaranteed an interview. Anyone who is asked about a SWAP should clarify with their WC if unpaid work is expected as the paperwork will state it is regardless.

A SWAP like what I accidentally agreed to probably carries little risk of ending up in an unsuitable job or doing unpaid work. A full fat SWAP where you do unpaid work under the guise of training is a different beast altogether. In the interest of fairness I should say not all SWAPs are exploitative shit. On the wall of the room we were held hostage to listen to the talk by B & *, there was stuff about how the rail industry have used this scheme to recruit.

I was obviously unsuccessful in getting the job as I've never heard from them since my interview.

Ignatius

mandy tori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:52 pm

thanks for the reply, i have been reading what i assume is current legislation from

https://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2022-0452/129-Sector-based_work_academy_programme_V4.0.pdf

and i find no reference to income-based JSA mentioned which is what im still on (i had a new style CC issued which has been nullified) hence my asking earlier

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:55 pm

Thanks for the link, interesting reading.

Everyone my WC referred that day, including myself, was an IB JSA claimant. I do remember the WC, who is a very experienced one, was at times confused by the paperwork. I suspect this was because the absence of work experience means it wasn't a proper SWAP, and going on the information in the link, therefore shouldn't have been a SWAP at all. To be honest, it was pretty much like other informal things I've agreed to - attend a talk and stay behind if you want an interview. I didn't want an interview but as nobody else got up to leave I felt compelled to agree to an interview as well. I know someone who got a job at Wetherspoon's this way back when they were in cahoots with my jobcentre.

At my jobcentre but these SWAP things are intermittent, usually involving retail, hospitality and occasionally, manufacturing. They tend to arise when a new store is opening or expanding - there will be say 20 places but only 4/5 jobs available to SWAP people.

Ignatius

mandy tori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:04 pm

the upto 6 weeks of courses are bolstered in by the guaranteed interview element thus not completing the course won't get the interview and that invokes a sanction - the interview according to the above link can be with an entirely different company so it shows its almost pointless.

if obtaining qualifications is involved, not signing paperwork would not work i don't think. the one i had had an induction day with an english test rolled into it prior to actual coarse starting

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:39 pm

from above my wc has decided to hide from the jcp office and no other staff want to discuss it.

any mention of legislation.gov scares the hell out of them ;-)

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2