BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migration to Universal Credit

+9
Jayne
The Catwoman
Coconutxone
bully3061
Ignatius
Pintel
Absolut
dboy
ForgetMeNot
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Migration to Universal Credit  - Page 3 Empty Re: Migration to Universal Credit

Post by Ignatius Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:43 am

You are correct, Topaz. According to this link, it appears UC cannot be paid into a savings account. Don't ask me why JSA can but UC can't. Is your WC trustworthy and worth asking? It looks like you will have to go bank account shopping. In an earlier post you asked about basic bank accounts. It used to be the case that most banks only offer these if you are not eligible for a current account. You also mentioned hearing current accounts are better for budgeting purposes. When people say that I presume they are referring to bank apps which offer various ways of showing how you are spending your money, allow you to allocate it into different savings pots or set alerts for when your balance falls below a certain level.

https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/new-to-universal-credit/how-and-when-youll-be-paid/

If a person is unable to open any kind of bank or credit union account, they may be eligible for the Payments Exception Service. This, though, really is a service of last resort given the palaver it involves to get access to your money.

https://www.gov.uk/payment-exception-service#:~:text=The%20Payment%20Exception%20Service%20allows,cannot%20open%20a%20bank%20account.

You should still be eligible for the JSA run-on. Absolut has explained the criteria above.

The statements from your savings account should be acceptable as that is your bank account until such time as you open a new account.

That changing a bank account counts as a change of circumstances is an interesting one. I can see how it would count if, for example, a relationship has ended and a joint claim and joint bank account has been closed but not for a single person deciding to merely change banks. But then this is the DWP we are dealing with so who knows.

A change of banks counting a a change in circumstances is of interest to me. My bank is closing my local branch next year, and although I haven't used it since lockdown, I have considered a change of bank for just in case purposes. However, if it would force a move to UC I don't think I'll bother.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:37 pm

My WC doesn't do UC yet. I don't trust him. I asked the receptionist at my jobcentre and she told me that you can have UC paid into a savings account. All you need is sort code and account number.
I will ask at another jobcentre to see what they say. Its difficult to know what the actual rules are.

Topaz

jobberpw, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:27 pm

That first link I posted is official government stuff and contradicts what the receptionist has told you. As I said, I'm surprised you cannot have UC paid into a normal savings account if the same account is fine for JSA. Perhaps it is all part of making UC as hard to claim as possible.

If you do have to open a current account, as your first UC payment will take 4 or 5 weeks to be paid, you could leave opening a new account until you receive your official migration notice to reduce the risk of an accidental premature migration.

Ignatius

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:41 pm

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:21 pm

One point if you are migrated from Legacy benefits to UC. Is the clientele's slate🎬 wiped clean, so classed as a new claim? Aswell as could a claimant be 'mandated' to undergo the the WHP & Retread scheme × 2... Even thou technically, you only have to do these once? But could slip under the radar, so to speak...

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:11 pm

Not sure I want to know the answer to that, Pintel. In theory you can't be referred to these things twice and I don't think a change in benefit negates that.

On the subject of our upcoming migration, will anyone here be asserting their right to make a telephone claim rather than digital claim just to annoy them? I do like the thought of an old skool clerical claim

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:34 pm

This having to re-claim if you're already on benefits/the books 📖. Always seems like they are making work for themselves 🤔.
Similar, when I company is taken over and employees have to reapply for their job?!!

I do like your style #Ignatius, of adding to the work-load thou.🤗. You sometimes here of people after an accident, speaking a different language. Still trying to get the JCP 🚽, to provide me a translator for 'Klingon'... Mind you when I asked for some documents to be in the Welsh language, I was told where to go😲. Mind you I am clearly not from the 'Valleys', just I may self indentify as being a Welshman...
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:31 pm

Do you have any Celtic ancestry? If so, ask for documents in Gaelic.

A telephone UC claim is very tempting as it probably means no journal/electronic ball & chain. But could you trust the DWP to inform you in a timely manner of appointments or accurately record information if you didn't have a journal? I suspect I will end up making a digital claim. On What Do They Know there are FOIs aplenty about UC and telephone/clerical claims if anyone is interested.

If the Mothership is on track to begin JSA and other legacy benefits migration from April 2024, does anyone know if that means April will be the earliest they send out migration notices or migration notices could be going out in 12 weeks before April 2024? If it's the former then JSA will live on until at least late June 2024.

Ignatius

jobberpw, Pintel and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:20 pm

Pintel wrote:One point if you are migrated from Legacy benefits to UC. Is the clientele's slate🎬  wiped clean, so classed as a new claim? Aswell as could a claimant be 'mandated' to undergo the the WHP & Retread scheme × 2... Even thou technically, you only have to do these once? But could slip under the radar, so to speak...

X2 restart What happens? They don't want you, lol. Imagine another 3-way call restart advisor asking what the claimant name is. Holy fucking shit, this motherfucker again, no referral; we are full very sure they have banned me from even entering the office. They are scared to even contact the job centre. My contract with the restart is broken. There have been no appointments for 6 weeks now. My work coach didn't even get notified; they said they would. Incase my work coach will say he need to return to the office immediately. Lol

Coconutxone

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:33 pm

by Ignatius

A telephone UC claim is very tempting as it probably means no journal/electronic ball & chain. But could you trust the DWP to inform you in a timely manner of appointments or accurately record information if you didn't have a journal? I suspect I will end up making a digital claim.

🚥🚥🚥🚥🚥🚥🚥🚥🚥🚥🚥
There have been numerace posting of 'phantom phone calls' from the JCP 🚽. Where clientele have had to check there 'missed calls' 'voicemail' , to collaborate with they had been contacted?
So you can imagine Claimants being corralled into the UC journal fold 🐄, #Ignstius.

🥥#Coconutxone:
Retread scheme ~2, see if from there perspective more names on the register = more💰 cash. So I wouldn't be surprised if it happens 🤔....

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:39 pm

According to the House of Commons Library Managed Migration tracker, as of August there was just over 27,000 JSA claimants left. When they do begin migrating us from April 2024, I can't see it taking very long 😭.

Ignatius

jobberpw, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:34 pm

September 2024 is when JSA managed migration will commence. If you take the full 12 weeks to migrate, you will get UC as your Christmas present.

If you want to know more, this Reddit post links to a letter setting out the timetable sent to councils. It is about the third link down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DWPhelp/comments/18ezb5u/its_that_time_again_the_welfare_benefit_news_from/

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:20 pm

🏀
by Ignatius
"September 2024 is when JSA managed migration will commence. If you take the full 12 weeks to migrate, you will get UC as your Christmas present."

🏓 It seems the DWP 👺, is making a list. Hopefully they will check it twice, to see who's naught or nice.... For Xmas 🎄 2024....

I suppose in the meantime, the Roaches clown, will be harassing clientele to transfer, to save the Transitory Fund🤨. And the cost of the brown 'Envelope of Evil'⚡...

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:44 pm

Do you think there will be some sort of 'Golden Giro' award given to the very last JSA claimant left standing?

I suppose we should be relieved they are planning on doing the JSA mob last, and now there is a published timetable perhaps people don't have to live in fear of an Envelope of Doom for a while.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:13 pm

I don't know about a 'Golden Giro'' 🏆 #Ignatius 🤔. I definitely think it would be a great 📸 photo opportunity, to put on the JCP 🚽 wall. Your JCP 🚽, would go the extra mile, and have some display/ shrine erected in the foyer🎀, to the claimant....

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fordcortina1970 Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:09 pm

If there is a Golden Giro award, I think I will get it.
fordcortina1970
fordcortina1970

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:05 pm

We should set up a forum league table or something to see which of us clings to our JSA for the longest.

Ignatius

Pintel, The Catwoman and mandy tori like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:24 pm

On balance not the best of Ideas, Ignatius.🤔.
Tempting fate, into those dark water's...

When get washed up on the UC shore's ⛱, I'll be in morning that week....⚰

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:32 am

Ignatius wrote:We should set up a forum league table or something to see which of us clings to our JSA for the longest.

Now it's april, Game On!

digging through decision makers updates specifically for income based jsa they have quite a few scenarios where people cannot be in receipt of UC if they get migrated - that's my suspicion of why they want us to volunteer for it.

mandy tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:10 pm

We need to know what these scenarios are, and how we put ourselves in such a scenario🤣.

The Good Ship Managed Migration is on course according to DWP. Housing Benefit claimants start soon (no idea if that includes people on JSA who receive HB). September 2024 is when they start on IB JSA claimants. I can't imagine it will take them long given there aren't even 20,000 of us left. For anyone unaware, they don't do migration by region anymore, rather by benefit type. Oh yes, you get 12 weeks to claim UC so hang on to that JSA for as long as possible.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:49 pm

I second that #Ignatius: of wanting to see the selected Scenario's, so I can plot🧭 me course...

"For anyone unaware, they don't do migration by region anymore, rather by benefit type. "

Do you know the Benefits, that are on course to be Scuttled, and sent to Davy Jones locker first Crying or Very sad...
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:27 pm

April - Income Support
June - Housing Benefit only
July - Income Related ESA with Child Tax Credits
August - fuckers have a month off
September - IB JSA

Who expects to start 2025 on JSA?

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:36 pm

So whats happen in August at Castle-Caxton🚽. Is there a blood sacrifice at the alter of Salus ( Goddess of Welfare) 🙏....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salus
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:50 pm

I was wondering does any one have any FOI' s. On what is needed for a UC claim, just the Roach said today. A email/ID's/Phone☎, are needed to open a UC claim!? As I am still in the Dark Ages, when it comes to communication. And the UC is primarily a online system. Just trying to separate the wheat from the chaff...
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:36 am

A new UC claim can be made either digitally or by telephone. If you choose the latter option you will be "persuaded" to go digital.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/professional_resources/legal/benefits/universal_credit/universal_credit_claims_process

Deciding whether to have a digital or non-digital claim is a tricky one. The journal is obviously a potential trap, but it does give you the opportunity to screenshot things.

That Shelter link says you don't need your own mobile number but will be asked to supply a care of number sort of arrangement.

Think you require 3 forms of ID. The ID requirements are more straightforward forward if you have a Passport and Driving Licence. Looking elsewhere it seems potentially more problematic if you lack these. I managed to find a list of old skool paper ID they will accept but no idea if it is still relevant. For example, you can/could use a cheque book and a debit card, but the latter is only acceptable if it has sort code and account number on it, something lots of banks have stopped doing. An NHS medical card, bank statements, utility bills, tenancy agreements, police bail and prison release papers were some of the other things on the list. A tenancy agreement is essential if claiming the housing element.

On What Do They Know there are plenty of FOI requests about digital/telephone claims so it is probably worth some time exploring those.

I wasn't aware it was a condition of claiming a benefit to have a phone and email so that could be worth further thought.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next