BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migration to Universal Credit

+9
Jayne
The Catwoman
Coconutxone
bully3061
Ignatius
Pintel
Absolut
dboy
ForgetMeNot
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Migration to Universal Credit  - Page 2 Empty Re: Migration to Universal Credit

Post by Ignatius Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:14 pm

The Benefits Information Exchange Network has some more info on the timescale for managed migration. Anyone on a legacy benefit in the Greater Manchester and Yorkshire and Humber regions will start to be migrated from June 2023 and all JCPs will begin migrating claimants by March 2024. 🤬🤬🤬

I will no longer be a JSA bod by the autumn 😭😭😭

https://bien.org.uk/2023/04/25/managed-migration-of-universal-credit-to-roll-out-in-greater-manchester-east-yorkshire-and-the-humber-from-june-2023/

Ignatius

Coconutxone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:48 pm

Ignatius wrote:The Benefits Information Exchange Network has some more info on the timescale for managed migration. Anyone on a legacy benefit in the Greater Manchester and Yorkshire and Humber regions will start to be migrated from June 2023 and all JCPs will begin migrating claimants by March 2024. 🤬🤬🤬

I will no longer be a JSA bod by the autumn 😭😭😭

https://bien.org.uk/2023/04/25/managed-migration-of-universal-credit-to-roll-out-in-greater-manchester-east-yorkshire-and-the-humber-from-june-2023/
Fuck me I hate writing in that stupid journal JSA is the best no Work roach reading your notes and breathing down your neck for work commitments.
I cannot have two bastards WC and PA going at me

Coconutxone

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:41 pm

Let's hope it gets postponed again

The Catwoman

Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:52 am

I will drag my JSA claim out for as long as possible, only applying for UC towards the end of the period I have to migrate.

If they are planning every region to be migrating people from September, there will be an element of pot luck in when the bastards get to your jobcentre. Judging by that migration dashboard I posted a link for earlier, it won't take them long to get through the remaining JSA and IS claimants🤮.

Ignatius

Pintel, The Catwoman and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Coconutxone Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:07 am

Ignatius wrote:I will drag my JSA claim out for as long as possible, only applying for UC towards the end of the period I have to migrate.

If they are planning every region to be migrating people from September, there will be an element of pot luck in when the bastards get to your jobcentre. Judging by that migration dashboard I posted a link for earlier, it won't take them long to get through the remaining JSA and IS claimants🤮.

God I hate this government so much
im doing the same going to stay on JSA as long as I can the restart advisor thinks im with universal credit just to show how much they communicate with your work coach fuck all.

challenged my PA he told me to follow the work commitments on the restart program.
I said NO will be following my work coach commitments on my journal instead this is a complete mess once we get moved over to universal credit we will have to follow two work commitments.

So we can sanctioned you for not following both sometimes these bastards will set you up by booking appointments,courses,workshop etc etc that clashes with your job centre appointments times/dates this system wasn't setup correctly only setup to get us of the benefits system end off.

Coconutxone

Pintel, The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:26 pm

Correct me if I am wrong here 🎬. The U-Credit was introduced in 2013? And it seems every 20x years or so the DWP🚽, create a new benefits system. For example: Unemployment benefit, Income Support, Job Seekers allowance, and the latest version Universal Credit. So only another 10x year's or so of the Universal Credit left?🤤

📌 'Welfare Reform Act 2012'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Credit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_Reform_Act_2012

Migration to Universal Credit  - Page 2 220830807
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius and Coconutxone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:11 pm

Just been wondering how the 'Managed Migration' caravan is coming along 😣.? Seems to be quiet from the DWP 👹...

As many might feel of the end of Legacy Benefits, similar to saying a fond farewell to an old friend 🤝. However, I just wanted to see how it's going ⏳.

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw, The Catwoman and Jayne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayne Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:17 am

Pintel wrote:Just been wondering how the 'Managed Migration' caravan is coming along 😣.? Seems to be quiet from the DWP 👹...

As many might feel of the end of Legacy Benefits, similar to saying a fond farewell to an old friend 🤝. However, I just wanted to see how it's going ⏳.

Talking about this holding on for my life on JSA had to do only 4 hour work each week cut down from 9 to 4 hours just for one month only job centre work roach already talking about closing my claim if i continue getting less than 9 pounds in benefits hate universal credit trying to stall them as long as i can what a great way to play the system if you know your employer just mess with the hours each month also never let restart know what hours you are working each month also takes away some pressure from your advisor.

Jayne

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeafBloke Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:35 pm

Every sign on appointment has a have you thought about moving to universal credit tone now. I say if you WANT me to move, I bloody won’t! 😂
I’m happy to wait for the migration letter, although when I mentioned my time in the retread scheme is nearly up, and it wouldn’t surprise me if I got the letter, she smirked, and said you’re not wrong…. And she’s a manager there now, who I actually can get on with, as far as that goes…

DeafBloke

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:56 am

Thought I would re-visit the managed migration dashboard to see how fast the UC juggernaut is progressing.

In my parliamentary constituency, 97% of jobseekers are now on UC. If they stick to the planned order of migration, Tax Credits before legacy benefits, then there are still some 1200 tax credit migrations to complete in my area before they get their claws into me. Comparing the numbers with earlier in the year, managed migration is definitely progressing but not sure whether it's progressing at speed.

Ignatius

jobberpw, Pintel and The Catwoman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:18 pm

One point 👉. When a claimant on legacy benefits is hauled onto the UC regime. Are they treated as a 'new claim' and have to fill in all of the paperwork. As it could just be 'copied & pasted' on the system. And this intended to massage the U/E figure's....

As you say #Ignatius, the JCP 🚽, are thundering along at their usual pace🐌....

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:33 pm

From what I have read elsewhere, you will receive a letter informing you your legacy benefit claim will close in 12 weeks and telling you how to claim UC if you don't want to starve to death. Of course you have to submit all your personal info all over again. As you say Pintel, why copy and paste info when you could stick a bloody big hurdle in front of people and if some mess up their new UC claim, who cares as long as the claimant count falls?

Does anyone know if the 2week run on still exists? If so, I will time my UC claim to get my free 2 weeks JSA.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:56 pm

#Ignatius,  seems there's the Transitional Financial Protection = this is in case a Claimant will be on less money on the UC than legacy benefits. So a top up, it seems to me. But only if 'managed migrated'(see below?).

Or 'Advanced First Payment', (am estimate off first month's payment). Paid back over a 24x month period. So basically a loan, so much for simplifying the benefits system..🙄

To your question about the 2x week run on, not sure, sorry 🤔

(This could be out of date, as published last year?)

💠Transitional Protection
"....committed to providing transitional financial protection for those who are moved onto UC through the managed migration process. Transitional protection does not apply to those who naturally or voluntarily migrate."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/completing-the-move-to-universal-credit/completing-the-move-to-universal-credit--2

🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/completing-the-move-to-universal-credit

Published: 25/apr/2022

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/money/managed-migration-universal-credit-update-30663019
Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:39 am

Pintel, the 2 week run on is separate to transitional protection. It was introduced in 2020, probably as a bribe to induce migration to UC and also to help people during the 5week UC wait for a first payment.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/dwp-give-thousands-universal-credit-22383006

I think when you close your JSA claim and make a UC claim you will be paid any outstanding JSA AND a pro rata amount of this 2week uplift. If it still exists the key part appears to be UP TO 2 weeks extra JSA. Does it mean the date in your signing cycle when you claim UC will determine how much free cash you receive? If so, you could get nothing, 3days extra JSA or an extra 2weeks of cash. Obviously only the DWP could think this makes migrating to UC better, but it is potentially extra money and worth knowing about.

Some more links about the run-on. Hopefully someone can make sense of how the amount of run on you get is calculated. Scrounger that I am, I want the full 2 weeks.

https://ucnotes.co.uk/universal-credit-home-page/making-a-claim/two-week-run-on-of-is-iresaib-jsa/#:~:text=The%20IS%2C%20IR%2DESA%2C,up%20to%20two%20weeks%20later.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/two_week_run_on_of_is_jsaib_and

https://universalcreditadvice.com/bulletins/two-week-run-on-of-legacy-benefits-for-new-universal-credit-claimants/

https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/new-to-universal-credit/is-it-for-me/

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:53 am

Having read up a bit more, I think the amount of run on payable is determined differently to my initial, half awake thinking.

In relation to a managed migration notice, the example given in that UC notes link above appear to suggest if you claim UC the day before your JSA was due to be closed there isn't very much run on due. On the other hand if you claim UC 2/3 weeks before your claim is due to be closed you would receive the maximum 2week run on.

I might have a look on What Do They Know at some point to see if anyone has made a FOI request to get the formula for how this payment is calculated. Or if anyone has a non-dim WC, maybe they would be able to explain it.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:11 pm

I concur #Ingatius 🤗.

Best to get the FOI, as most Roach's clown are only focus on getting you off the 📚 books.

And to the other comment, it does seem a legacy benefits claimant. Needs to time there application to UC just right. What with the 5x week wait (some times of even longer)... Get your last Giro payment, and a day after raise anchor ⚓ and set sail to the UC...

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:43 pm

A bit more on the managed migration timetable. The plan, in so far as the fools governing us have one, is for migration of tax credit claimants to be complete by April 2024 By the end of the 2024/25 tax year all other legacy benefits should have received migration notices, bar ESA claimants. According to the link below, tax credits are being migrated area by area. The area by area approach will not apply when migrating other benefits. Who knows how long we've all got left on JSA.

https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/welfare-benefits/welfare-rights-and-money-advice/the-move-to-Universal-Credit

Every few months I have a look on the managed migration tracker. Earlier in the year when I first discovered this toy, there was just over 100 people on IB JSA in my parliamentary constituency. 6 months later, there are just over half that number. At this rate there will be no one left to migrate.

Ignatius

Absolut and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:58 pm

Absolut
Absolut

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:36 pm

Thanks for that, Absolut.

I reside in a region that was supposed to begin managed migration months ago, yet they don't even appear to have got round to starting tax credits in my local area judging by the migration tracker.

I was honestly expecting it to be game over for JSA by next spring, now might not summer 2025.

Ignatius

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:42 pm

On a side note here. Has anyone said that the Univ Credit system is an improvement?🤨. When compared to Legacy benefits? Because I haven't...

Pintel
Pintel

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:02 am

Ignatius wrote:if you claim UC the day before your JSA was due to be closed there isn't very much run on due. On the other hand if you claim UC 2/3 weeks before your claim is due to be closed you would receive the maximum 2week run on.

I don't think that is how it works. They don't close anything at the deadline date, they simply suspend payments from the legacy claim. I've read that they will extend the deadline for another month after the deadline date in the managed migration letter if you have good reason. What they won't do is send 2 weeks run on of JSA until you claim UC, which could be well past the initial deadline date.

As an example: When Mr A died they could have closed both parts of our claim, but that would have prevented me from getting the 2 week run even though I was in receipt of JSA immediately prior to the UC claim, so they suspended Mr A's part of our claim after they paid out what was owed to us as joint claimants up to the day he died. They then sent me a letter stating that from the day after Mr A's death I would get single rate JSA. It's similar to them having sanctioned Mr A and us only getting my single rate JSA payment. Now that I've claimed UC when they send me the final JSA payment, a fortnight from the date in the JSA award letter, that is when they will shut down the JSA claim and not before.

The DWP also contacted Housing Benefit. HB owed me 3 weeks rent up to the day Mr A died. They were due to send it to the landlord on Thursday 16 November, but they suspended it, which would have left me a week in arrears if I hadn't already been well ahead of the game where rent is concerned. When I rang HB yesterday to find out where the rent had been sent I was told they sent 4 weeks rent to the landlord on Tuesday, not 3, as I was expecting. I can only surmise that the extra week's rent is a run-on of HB and that is why the HB claim hasn't been closed yet. The remaining week will likely be sent once the DWP has sent the final JSA payment.

I hope this helps.
Absolut
Absolut

The Catwoman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:24 am

Thanks for that, Absolut.

My initial guesses about how the run on was calculated were very wide of the mark. There is a link upthread which sets out the formula for calculating the run on paid - if you would have still been entitled to the legacy benefit for, say 2weeks after you claim UC, you get the full 2 weeks run on.

But by the time they get on with migrating us, the rules may well have changed again!

Ignatius

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 am

I get JSA paid into my savings account. When I'm migrated to UC, will I still continue to be paid into savings account or do I need to open a current account or basic account ? Would prefer not to have to have another bank account.
I've seen you can open a basic account. Is this like a no frills current account?
Where can I find the UC rules that say you can't be paid into a savings account. I saw something saying basic/current acc. makes it easier to budget, but can't find it now.
This may delay claims for people.

Topaz

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:16 pm

A basic bank account is, as you've said, a no-frills thing. They probably vary from bank to bank, but they usually have no overdraft facility and a simple cash card rather than a debit card. I'm not sure if they come with a chequebook (showing my age there).

I always thought the only UC banking requirement was for you to have an account in your name. If your JSA happily lands in your savings account every 2 weeks then your account should be able to receive a UC payment. I think you are supposed to give x months of statements when claiming UC so if your savings accounts doesn't provide regular statements that could be an issue.

Credit Unions are an alternative to banks. A CU account could receive UC and their accounts are more or less the same as a basic bank account.

Ignatius

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:12 am

I think you need a current account for UC claim. If I open one before managed migration, it will be a change of circumstances and result in early forced move to UC. Will I lose two week run on?.I won't have x months of statements for the new current account. Since it will be a new UC claim, will they accept statements from legacy savings account?
If I wait for managed migration letter, are they more likely to accept those x months legacy statements?.will I still lose the run on payment as it will also be a change of circumstances.

Topaz

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next