BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On JSA (income based) are JCP correct I have to sign on in person?

2 posters

Go down

On JSA (income based) are JCP correct I have to sign on in person? Empty On JSA (income based) are JCP correct I have to sign on in person?

Post by cc120 Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:50 am

I'm on JSA (income based) and made to sign on in person every 2 weeks. A couple of advisers I have signed with when the two main advisers I sign with were unavailable showed surprise that I was having to sign on in person, being as I am on JSA.

Should I be signing on in person?

cc120

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

On JSA (income based) are JCP correct I have to sign on in person? Empty Re: On JSA (income based) are JCP correct I have to sign on in person?

Post by Ignatius Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:56 pm

I too am an IB JSA claimant, and have always had to sign in person, like every other JSA claimant I know.

I strongly suspect the WCs who have been surprised at the requirement for you to physically sign on are misinformed, unaware of the JSA regulations or typical thick as mince JCP staff.

The only exceptions I can think of are postal signing for those who reside in the back of beyond (but I don't know if postal signing is still a thing anymore) and being excused signing due to a sick note, but then again JCP often ignore those.

Ignatius

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

On JSA (income based) are JCP correct I have to sign on in person? Empty Re: On JSA (income based) are JCP correct I have to sign on in person?

Post by cc120 Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:55 pm

Ignatius wrote:I too am an IB JSA claimant, and have always had to sign in person, like every other JSA claimant I know.

I strongly suspect the WCs who have been surprised at the requirement for you to physically sign on are misinformed, unaware of the JSA regulations or typical thick as mince JCP staff.

The only exceptions I can think of are postal signing for those who reside in the back of beyond (but I don't know if postal signing is still a thing anymore) and being excused signing due to a sick note, but then again JCP often ignore those.

Thank you for taking the time to educate me on this matter Ignatius. Happy New Year On JSA (income based) are JCP correct I have to sign on in person? 1f603

cc120

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down