BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sign on times

+2
El-dudeareno
Jara
6 posters

Go down

Sign on times Empty Sign on times

Post by Jara Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:55 am

I am about to go on JSA (UC not available in my area yet) for NI credits.

Because of my partner is working a lot, tons of household chores have been left to me. Like getting kids (I am not their parent or carer) to/from school every day. I am now wondering how much say I have when it comes to the time of the day for my different sign on times.

Do I have a right to not have my sign on at certain hours of the day?

Jara

Back to top Go down

Sign on times Empty Re: Sign on times

Post by El-dudeareno Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:43 pm

That is a good question Jara, I find a lot depends on the work-roach. Mind usually asks if the time is ok for me. However, I have over heard other claimant's asking for different signing times due to child-care responsibility. You should be able to as you can restrict the hours that you are able to work, so why not?   confused

Also with I have seen the new Universal Credit Journal, the roach emails you the appointment time. So it might be able to put on there IT system that you would prefer these time for an appointment to say any yo-yo emails. Question
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:50 pm

I have to ask a few questions here

are you and your partner ? classed as living together
do you both claim anything on the system as you quote ni credits

if shes the bread winner so to speak male side of it collecting children

then yes you can put in specific times where you wont be able to make appointments
if its your partner then to a degree you have a parental right even if they are not your child but you collect them from school or when they are poorly

its the same for both sexes who collect children from school
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:56 pm

We are living together and we made no secret of that. My partner is working and they are on a joint Working Tax Credit claim with me. So their NI is sorted but not mine. That's why I want to go on JSA.

I am hoping my work coaches will understand my situation then. Kids comes first here unfortunately, even though NI is important too.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 pm

as you are classed as the living in partner a househusband with all the dutys then you can inform dwp of this and it must be written down not to provide appointments for this as family dutys come first

you are only signing for ni credits anyway so shouldnt really affect you at all
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Admin wrote:you are only signing for ni credits anyway so shouldnt really affect you at all

I had my initial interview today for JSA NI credits today. Actually, I am not really sure what the young work coach put me on. The paper I had to sign said JSA (cont only) so I think I am in for a ride with the DWP again!

Also the work coach put in my claimant commitment to join a local jobs-group on Facebook, and then show her my Facebook during my next sign on to prove that I done just that!

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:10 pm

I really do not think that anyone needs to sign up to any FB group. The roach is trying it on.

I am not sure that there are conditions with credits only JSA.

I could be wrong.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Caker wrote:I really do not think that anyone needs to sign up to any FB group. The roach is trying it on.

I am not sure that there are conditions with credits only JSA.

I could be wrong.

I don't think you are wrong. I won't be showing her my Facebook at all. As far as I know I can only lose NI credits if my claim is closed down. And it's really easy to open up the claim again quickly, so I am not too bothered about that. I just hope she put me on the right type of JSA.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:33 pm

there is a reference for looking for work via facebook or twitter

social media – look on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn and like or follow employers you may like to work for. • jobsfairs – check with your local Jobcentre or in newspapers for local jobsfairs. Apprenticeships.

however im not aware if dwp roach can make you create an account on facebook or even a twitter account

also theres no reference that you must show them or log into your account whilst there present this comes under dpa and can be refused

best way is say your banned from using those accounts theres nothing you can do
not forgetting if you delete a facebook account you can use the same email address to create another account

i dont like either they save way too much personal information on them
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:54 am

I'm not sure if they've changed the rules...: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/312208/response/764313/attach/4/Credits.pdf

109. There is no requirement for a non-claimant to enter into a Claimant Commitment but you should explain the benefits of having one in place.

...but I'd try to find out if rule 109 has been rescinded or not.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 am

I believe now she just put me on the wrong kind of JSA. I will have to follow this up once I get mail from DWP.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:23 am

Jara wrote:I believe now she just put me on the wrong kind of JSA. I will have to follow this up once I get mail from DWP.

You have to complete an old style JSA conts only claim to get NI credits. Your claim will be automatically declined unless you've paid sufficient class 1 contributions, so you will only be awarded credits providing you are available and actively seeking work.

The legislation only requires JSA claimants to have a JSA claimant commitment (previously known as the Jobseeker Agreement). You are not a JSA claimant.

You don't have to take all the steps in your JSACC to meet the duty of actively seeking work, which for most people will be in excess of 3 steps per week. The steps will be based on individual circumstances as well as the quality of the activity taken amongst other things.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:58 am

Non Deficere wrote:
Jara wrote:I believe now she just put me on the wrong kind of JSA. I will have to follow this up once I get mail from DWP.

You have to complete an old style JSA conts only claim to get NI credits. Your claim will be automatically declined unless you've paid sufficient class 1 contributions, so you will only be awarded credits providing you are available and actively seeking work.

The legislation only requires JSA claimants to have a JSA claimant commitment (previously known as the Jobseeker Agreement). You are not a JSA claimant.

You don't have to take all the steps in your JSACC to meet the duty of actively seeking work, which for most people will be in excess of 3 steps per week. The steps will be based on individual circumstances as well as the quality of the activity taken amongst other things.

Thank you! Looks like the work coach did the right thing. Now I am going to read up on what exactly is required of me.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Had my first sign on today. My work coach booked me in for a new sign in two weeks, but after that she want to see me more often. Perhaps even several times each week. I am surprised by this, as even when I was on income-based JSA I only signed in once every fortnight.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:42 pm

by read of it its reading they are trying to implement conditions attached just to receive ni contributions

i dont think they can actually do that
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Is there anything in the regs? Sorry for stating the obvious but it would be a good place for a definitive answer.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:20 am

Jara wrote:Had my first sign on today. My work coach booked me in for a new sign in two weeks, but after that she want to see me more often. Perhaps even several times each week. I am surprised by this, as even when I was on income-based JSA I only signed in once every fortnight.

You are entitled to the same level of "support" as a JSA claimant. The wc must have a lawful reason to interview you more frequently. Ask her what is the specific purpose of the interviews and to give you the information in writing, so that you can take advice if necessary.

Bearing in mind you cannot be directed/mandated to attend any schemes or courses, the only possible support is job search, so she would need prove that you need this particular help.

Don't forget you are also entitled to travel expenses if you are required to attend the Jobcenre on non signing days.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Thu May 10, 2018 7:46 am

Non Deficere wrote:
Jara wrote:Had my first sign on today. My work coach booked me in for a new sign in two weeks, but after that she want to see me more often. Perhaps even several times each week. I am surprised by this, as even when I was on income-based JSA I only signed in once every fortnight.

You are entitled to the same level of "support" as a JSA claimant. The wc must have a lawful reason to interview you more frequently. Ask her what is the specific purpose of the interviews and to give you the information in writing, so that you can take advice if necessary.

Bearing in mind you cannot be directed/mandated to attend any schemes or courses, the only possible support is job search, so she would need prove that you need this particular help.

Don't forget you are also entitled to travel expenses if you are required to attend the Jobcenre on non signing days.

It looks like I am getting only fortnightly sign ons now Smile

Also I might not be able to attend my next sign on time because of kids. Will try to make it, but what would happen if I miss the appointment? Will they close my claim or can I get a new sign on time?

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Thu May 10, 2018 7:55 am

Jara wrote:
It looks like I am getting only fortnightly sign ons now Smile

Also I might not be able to attend my next sign on time because of kids. Will try to make it, but what would happen if I miss the appointment? Will they close my claim or can I get a new sign on time?

Have you declared caring responsibilities? If not, you need to do so. This will ensure appointments are booked around your availability pattern.

In the interim, contact JCP to explain your situation and request a change of time. You can take children into the Jobcentre.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 10, 2018 12:07 pm

take the children with you to the jobcenter as i had no choice but to do on many occasion

it also proves you have caring responsibilitys as well
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Thu May 10, 2018 3:32 pm

The mother of the kids doesn't want me to have "caring responsibilities" over the kids as she fears it will impact her income support if it is known that I help with the children.

I am not afraid of taking the kids to the Jobcentre, but I don't think I will manage to get there in time as their school is miles away.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 10, 2018 8:17 pm

jara there is 2 types of caring responsabilitys

1 full time caring responsabilitys
2 sharing caring responsabilitys

however when in full time work this should fall back on the lady or male carer depending on who is the bread winner in the house

on another note jcp wont take it lightly if you pull up every time with kids in tow as they will say it affects your job prospects therefore they can sanction you if your not the full time carer

shared caring responsibilitys this comes with a court order where both parents of a child share the dutys however one parent can only claim the child books side of it also known as child benefit

it also causes problems as the person who gets the child benefit should do the dutys whilst the other parent weather step parent or parent is the bread winner in the house

be very careful of it that i can assure you of
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down