BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job interview at Job Centre, valid reasons to not attend? (JSA)

+7
MontyIsInnocent
oneman
Absolut
Jara
Topaz
The Catwoman
hasteyninja
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Job interview at Job Centre, valid reasons to not attend? (JSA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Job interview at Job Centre, valid reasons to not attend? (JSA)

Post by jobberpw Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:40 pm

'' I could just go but like I said this company seemingly just farms job centres for unemployed folk''

Yes, their idea of being helpful as a farm out company. Mine also does this crap for 90% low pay, crappy working hours totally unsuitable positions.Funny all this is still going on as Bodger only other day, was saying all will be golden....soon:evil:

Have a nasty feeling things are about to get even worse. Maybe the joke shops will be getting free electric so they can keep on with their relenless badgerring of people. AKA, help:)
jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut likes this post

Back to top Go down

Job interview at Job Centre, valid reasons to not attend? (JSA) - Page 2 Empty Re: Job interview at Job Centre, valid reasons to not attend? (JSA)

Post by jobberpw Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:46 pm

If I'm honest I don't know if the agency will be taking anything into account as they'll probably just be trying to get people signed up, right to work docs etc. Whether there's even a one-to-one or not I don't know for sure as I've barely any info besides the job desc. printout I requested.

Thanks for chipping in, all.[/quote]

If you have any medical issues/specific problems/requirements, put this in writing into ANY agency or WP provider and send in ASAP. Their get the true picture and sod all joke shop can say about that as they should be taking ''ALL of your circumstances into account'' before, the interview was/is agreed. Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:30 am

I'm on legacy JSA. Want to change bank account. Will this be a change of circumstances and lead to DWP moving me to Universal credit?

Topaz

The Catwoman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:54 am

I think changing bank accounts does trigger a change to uc..

The Catwoman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:50 pm

Does anyone know for certain.?

Topaz

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:11 pm

Unfortunately, I can't say certainly will or will not cause move to UC. It may depend on why you wish to change bank. If it was closing/opening account due to relationship ending/living with someone as though married/in civil partnership then probably will close your JSA claim. If it is merely a bog standard change of bank, in theory your JSA claim should be safe. I say in theory because I know of people who were told they could no longer claim JSA and would have to claim UC for reasons which are not officially listed as significant changes in circumstances requiring a UC claim. I suspect Jobcentres pounce on anything and let you think it is a significant change in circumstances.

If you haven't already looked, Entitled 2 or the benefits section on the Money Saving Expert forums might be able to help.

Ignatius

oneman and Gallazz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaz Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Thanks for info.

Topaz

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:01 am

No. They can't .

Surprisingly changing your doctor can. I did not know that one.
Take a look at benefits: Report a change in circumstances on the GOV.UK site.
oneman
oneman

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:59 am

Seeing jury service on the list of things that can get get a legacy benefit claim closed has added to my cynicism. Good old DWP taking advantage of a claimant performing a civic duty to get folk off legacy benefits.

Ignatius

oneman and Absolut like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallazz Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:06 am

My understanding is that you only have to claim UC if the change of circumstances would have meant a claim for another or a different legacy benefit:

https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Welfare%20Rights/What%20can%20lead%20to%20a%20claim%20for%20Universal%20Credit%20March2019.pdf

So opening a new bank account isn't a change that triggers a claim for UC.

I know of cases where Jobcentres have told claimants otherwise, and the claimant then made a claim for UC.

I asked on the MSE forum if a Jobcentre could close a JSA claim themselves if they wanted you to claim UC, and was told they couldn't in a really snotty reply from a member who works for the DWP. I took them at their word, although they were more focused on deriding me for suggesting that Jobcentres ever screw claimants overĀ Laughing than answering my question Rolling Eyes. Typical of that forum! But getting back on topic, it appears that they can't close your JSA/legacy claim for you.

Last edited by Gallazz on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gallazz

Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:49 am

Topaz wrote:I'm on legacy JSA. Want to change bank account. Will this be a change of circumstances and lead to DWP moving me to Universal credit?

The DWP cannot 'move' you to UC. All they can do is close your JSA claim following a trigger, if one applies. Even when under a managed migration notice, the DWP can't move you to UC. You have to make a claim.

I don't see why a change of bank account would trigger a JSA claim closure, but you could ring the 0800 number and ask before changing bank account. If you do change bank account don't close the old one until benefit payments have gone into the new account.
Absolut
Absolut

Gallazz and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2