BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consecutive JSA28s - do we have to attend the Jobcentre in between?

+2
Caker
Absolut
6 posters

Go down

Consecutive JSA28s - do we have to attend the Jobcentre in between? Empty Consecutive JSA28s - do we have to attend the Jobcentre in between?

Post by ABC Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm

ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Consecutive JSA28s - do we have to attend the Jobcentre in between? Empty Re: Consecutive JSA28s - do we have to attend the Jobcentre in between?

Post by Caker Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 am

Hi ABC

I was not aware of the legislation about having a gap between 2 sick periods. I hope someone with better info' will come along soon.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Consecutive JSA28s - do we have to attend the Jobcentre in between? Empty Re: Consecutive JSA28s - do we have to attend the Jobcentre in between?

Post by Absolut Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:03 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/282341/response/696016/attach/html/5/Treated%20as%20Available%20temp%20periods%20of%20sickness.pdf.html

Claimants may not always be able to satisfy the availability or Actively Seeking Employment (ASE) requirements. In some circumstances they can be treated as available and/or actively seeking employment.   A claimant that has been treated as available may, in some circumstances, also be excused attendance, and they do not need to take any steps to look for work in any week in which they have been treated as ASE.

If the jobseeker declares a third or longer period of sickness they may be able to stay on JSA for up to 13 weeks. During this time they will be treated as capable of work and available for work and may be treated as actively seeking work depending on their circumstances. This is called an extended period of sickness.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Caker wrote:Hi ABC

I was not aware of the legislation about having a gap between 2 sick periods. I hope someone with better info' will come along soon.

Yes, for JSA claimants there has to be a clear gap of at least one day between consecutive JSA28s, that much I do know.

@absolut...thanks for the info but it doesn't relate to my question which is do I have to attend or make contact with the Jobcentre on the day between two separate JSA28 sick periods?
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:21 pm

There is no legislative or policy requirement to attend the Jobcentre between 2 short periods of sickness lasting up to 14 days.  However, DWP officials can mandate a JSA claimant to attend the Jobcentre at any time for the purposes of checking availability and capability etc.

Edit:

I would suggest 2 different ailments:

You will be given form JSA28. You should complete the form and return the tearoff
slip to the Jobcentre. This form will cover up to the first 14 days of your
sickness period. If you are likely to be sick for more than two weeks you will need
to provide supporting medical evidence from the eighth day of your sickness
period to the end of it. If you expected to be better within two weeks but find you
are still sick you will need to provide supporting medical evidence as soon as
possible, and dated no later than day 15 of your sickness period. You must send
your supporting medical evidence to your work coach as soon as you can.
If you have a fit note from your doctor and it runs out before your sickness ends
you will need to arrange to see your doctor again to get another fit note. You
must also tell the Jobcentre that you are still sick and send them your fit note as
soon as you can.
If you are better sooner than you thought you must tell your work coach.

https://search3.openobjects.com/mediamanager/reading/enterprise/files/130415_esp_claimant_leaflet.pdf
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 am

I have used the JSA28 in this link in the past. I have no idea if there is a newer version

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/113843/response/277832/attach/3/JSA28%201011.pdf
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 pm

helping_hand wrote:There is no legislative or policy requirement to attend the Jobcentre between 2 short periods of sickness lasting up to 14 days.  However, DWP officials can mandate a JSA claimant to attend the Jobcentre at any time for the purposes of checking availability and capability etc.

Thanks h_h. So unless I receive notification to attend on day 15 (assuming I've put a JSA28 in for 14 days) you think I would be safe not attending on day 15 and then putting the second JSA28 in on day 16? I just want to be clear. I'm not heading into ESP territory here because I will only be claiming two consecutive 14 day periods separated by one day as allowed under JSA regs.

Caker wrote:I have used the JSA28 in this link in the past. I have no idea if there is a newer version

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/113843/response/277832/attach/3/JSA28%201011.pdf

Thanks Caker. Yes that was what I was wondering ... whether there's a newer version and if it is perhaps in some way significantly different. I don't intend to ask the Jobcentre for the form, I'm just going to deliver it when the Jobcentre is closed so I don't get the third degree! Razz
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:08 pm

........I have just scanned/emailed to the district manager (proof of delivery). I know scanning is not an option for everyone though.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by helping_hand Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 am

ABC wrote:
helping_hand wrote:There is no legislative or policy requirement to attend the Jobcentre between 2 short periods of sickness lasting up to 14 days.  However, DWP officials can mandate a JSA claimant to attend the Jobcentre at any time for the purposes of checking availability and capability etc.

Thanks h_h. So unless I receive notification to attend on day 15 (assuming I've put a JSA28 in for 14 days) you think I would be safe not attending on day 15 and then putting the second JSA28 in on day 16? I just want to be clear. I'm not heading into ESP territory here because I will only be claiming two consecutive 14 day periods separated by one day as allowed under JSA regs.

Nothing is guaranteed to go right when dealing with DWP.  

You could annotate the 2nd JSA28 along the lines.... my period of sickness commencing X ended on X.  I do not wish to apply for an Extend Period of Sickness.  I have not received a notification to attend the Jobcentre following my first period of sickness.

Caker wrote:I have used the JSA28 in this link in the past. I have no idea if there is a newer version

Thanks Caker. Yes that was what I was wondering ... whether there's a newer version and if it is perhaps in some way significantly different. I don't intend to ask the Jobcentre for the form, I'm just going to deliver it when the Jobcentre is closed so I don't get the third degree! Razz

Latest JSA28
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/348507/response/850648/attach/6/5d.JSA28%200415.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1[/quote]
helping_hand
helping_hand

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:05 pm

ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 pm

I just tried to print this out and it's locked for printing! Any idea how I unlock it?
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:51 pm

this one is unlocked so can be printed checked to make sure its printable

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/113843/response/277832/attach/3/JSA28%201011.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks gadily. I'll use that next week. It's an old version but page 3, which is the important bit, is the same I think.
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Consecutive JSA28s - do we have to attend the Jobcentre in between? Empty JSA28 FORM Still valid ?

Post by jobberpw Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 am

Anyone know if these J28 forms are still valid for 2018/19.Obviously job centre etc want these to be very hard to access. Mad
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:54 pm

jobberpw wrote:Anyone know if these J28 forms are still valid for 2018/19.Obviously job centre etc want these to be very hard to access. Mad

Officially no as there is a newer version but I put one in a few weeks back and it was accepted without complaint. The real point though is that there is no legislation dictating how the information should be supplied, only that it should be supplied. If your WC is a jobsworth it may be worthwhile including a polite note to remind them of that, just in case. You only need to send page 3, the one with your info on it, and it doesn't need to be stamped by the jobcentre first.[/quote]
ABC
ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down