BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I have to supply a CV to DWP?

+2
MrFrankZola
Caker
6 posters

Go down

Do I have to supply a CV to DWP? Empty Do I have to supply a CV to DWP?

Post by Caker Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:24 am

I know we have discussed this before but just reviewing in case anything has changed.

I have attracted the scrutiny of my WC (who I have never actually met as they were assigned after lock-down). This person has asked me to upload a CV and I am not really comfortable with DWP retaining a permanent record of my work history (previously, I have just provided a brief outline of jobs, as the WC is unlikely to understand the technical content that I provide to recruiters, on application forms).

Is the provision of a CV obligatory?

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Do I have to supply a CV to DWP? Empty Re: Do I have to supply a CV to DWP?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Unless the regs have changed overnight, yes you have to supply a CV to your workcoach or the DWP. I just provide an edited version with the company names removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Miguel1975 wrote:Unless the regs have changed overnight, yes you have to supply a CV to your workcoach or the DWP. I just provide an edited version with the company names removed.

Thanks, I had not read the regs in a while and not sure I still know where to find them.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Caker wrote:
Miguel1975 wrote:Unless the regs have changed overnight, yes you have to supply a CV to your workcoach or the DWP. I just provide an edited version with the company names removed.

Thanks, I had not read the regs in a while and not sure I still know where to find them.
What benefit is this? Legacy benefits or UC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Hi Caker

I am assuming UC regs apply

23Connected requirements

(1)The Secretary of State may require a claimant to participate in an interview for any purpose relating to—

(a)the imposition of a work-related requirement on the claimant;

(b)verifying the claimant’s compliance with a work-related requirement;

(c)assisting the claimant to comply with a work-related requirement.

(2)The Secretary of State may specify how, when and where such an interview is to take place.

(3)The Secretary of State may, for the purpose of verifying the claimant’s compliance with a work-related requirement, require a claimant to—

(a)provide to the Secretary of State information and evidence specified by the Secretary of State in a manner so specified;

(b)confirm compliance in a manner so specified.

(4)The Secretary of State may require a claimant to report to the Secretary of State any specified changes in their circumstances which are relevant to—

(a)the imposition of work-related requirements on the claimant;

(b)the claimant’s compliance with a work-related requirement.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/part/1/chapter/2/crossheading/workrelated-requirements-supplementary/enacted

27Other sanctions

(1)The amount of an award of universal credit is to be reduced in accordance with this section in the event of a failure by a claimant which is sanctionable under this section.

(2)It is a failure sanctionable under this section if a claimant—

(a)fails for no good reason to comply with a work-related requirement;

(b)fails for no good reason to comply with a requirement under section 23.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/5/section/27/enacted

However, DWP must comply with its own policy and procedures.

I think this thread is still relevant:

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t3475-uc-journal-tips-for-optimal-use-and-management?highlight=journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:53 am

Miguel1975 wrote:
Caker wrote:

What benefit is this? Legacy benefits or UC?

UC
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:36 am

Caker wrote:I know we have discussed this before but just reviewing in case anything has changed.

I have attracted the scrutiny of my WC (who I have never actually met as they were assigned after lock-down). This person has asked me to upload a CV and I am not really comfortable with DWP retaining a permanent record of my work history (previously, I have just provided a brief outline of jobs, as the WC is unlikely to understand the technical content that I provide to recruiters, on application forms).

Is the provision of a CV obligatory?

You can say you are happy to provide the 'coach' with a copy of your CV, at a face to face Jobcentre meeting, without letting them keep or make a copy. If you have recently been offered a job interview after providing your CV you can say this is evidence of having an up to date CV. Have recently helped a UC claimant, including a complaint concerning uploading a CV and posting Work Search records on their UC account. To date this claimant has never uploaded their CV or added any Search record during the past 12 months of them being a new UC claimant. If needed you can also say you get Cv advice from the National Careers Service, that each CV you use is tailored to the work you apply for and or have used one of the free CV evaluation services online.

In the successful complaint the following was quoted:

"It is not a mandatory requirement for the claimant to provide the required work search
evidence via their journal. The claimant must be able to provide written evidence of their work search.

It is not mandatory for the claimant to upload their CV onto the journal, the claimant must
however be able to show a completed and up to date CV"
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/435142/response/1056696/attach/html/2/4201%20reply.pdf.html

Section 23 of the Welfare Reform Act 2012, Chapter 2 does not compel me to provide my CV or Work Search records in “a particular way, only that it must be supplied if and when requested”
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/440131/response/1071484/attach/html/2/FoI%204528%20reply.pdf.html

The claimant in question has no home based internet access and relied upon their local library, after ending their broadband contract when they claimed UC in 2019.

MrFrankZola

Caker, jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:06 am

Thanks to all for helpful input.

Caker
Caker

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:12 am

lol!

That's the way to do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Also linked to this if the JCP🚽 does have an electronic copy of your CV. Can you ask them to have this document deleted from there files?❓As many people are constantly changing their CV's...♻🚮confused

And we will have to see if this FOI mentions anything about uploading of CV's🤨🐀

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/cv_training_for_new_jobcentre_wo#incoming-1667693
Pintel
Pintel

Caker and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:29 am

Pintel wrote:Also linked to this if the JCP🚽 does have an electronic copy of your CV. Can you ask them to have this document deleted from there files?❓As many people are constantly changing their CV's...♻🚮confused

Under GDPR the information held by DWP must be accurate

(d) accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/principles/

I have written to DWP a number of times to correct the information it holds.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFrankZola Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Pintel wrote:Also linked to this if the JCP🚽 does have an electronic copy of your CV. Can you ask them to have this document deleted from there files?❓As many people are constantly changing their CV's...♻🚮confused

And we will have to see if this FOI mentions anything about uploading of CV's🤨🐀

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/cv_training_for_new_jobcentre_wo#incoming-1667693

By definition over time personal data a claimant provides to the DWP will become less accurate, but one assumes at the time it was provided it was accurate. Therefore not sure the DWP would have an obligation to erase a CV, which due to the passage of time,
has become less accurate. (but data it contains is actually accurate).

If a claimant did show the DWP a newer more up to date CV, could be arguable the earlier CV should be erased, but not sure if DWP would argue it can retain and archive older CVs and doing so would be compliant with the GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018.

Individual information rights are outlined at:
https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/

Let's say a claimant requested a copy of their hidden UC 'Claimant history'
https://pastebin.com/QH6d3bk1
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/690963/response/1647993/attach/html/3/FOI2020%2052319%20Claimant%20history%20guidance.pdf.html
and found it to be inaccurate they could then ask the DWP for it to be rectified or erased.

In terms of a CV, suggest best practice especially under UC is to ensure a copy is never uploaded to a UC account.

This:

"Do you have a CV that you can upload?

Yes
No

Not sure skip this question"
https://pastebin.com/bVvrqHCX

shows the DWP will often prompt claimants to upload their CV, but a claimant can use the "Not sure skip this question" to prompt a discussion with a 'Coach' that a copy can/will be provided at a face to face appointment. This form question is being used to produce millions
of new Claimant Commitments, due to:

“26. Between 30th June 2020 and the date that a claimant accepts a new or
revised claimant commitment, they will be expected to do what they
reasonably can to search for and be available for work. Claimants will not be
subject to sanctions for failing to comply with these obligations until they
accept their new or revised claimant commitment”
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/691073/response/1648002/attach/html/3/Equality%20Analysis%20for%20Reinstatement%20of%20Conditionality.pdf.html

Guidance
DWP managing customer records guide
Updated 23 January 2020
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-information-management-policies/dwp-managing-customer-records-guide

New CV FOI https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dwp_curriculum_vitae_cv_guidance

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:23 pm

I would suggest say you will provide a copy of your uptodate cv at a face to face meeting and just say you are not happy having them store your personal info on their systems of which, dosent have a great track record looking after peoples data etc.

Dont think they can force you to let them store a cv in any format at least they didn't use to be able to.Unless they have changed the regs to further their control freak games aka: Tailored help.lol

AS welfare Champ mentions, "erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);" they JC-should have an internal policy document of how they are suppose to store all and any data including erassure of.With us being "customers" we are entitled to see that too.ICO will have more info on that.

Caker, did this muppet mean that by "I was told that it was to support me with job applications." that roach shop were implying they were going to farm out your cv on your behalf? If so i would outright refuse in the basis you have a choice with WHP you choose t share your personal data with and as they wont be able to 100% guarantee its safe on their IT systems id say its fair to refuse especially if like many you have your cv listed on many job sites and also send it direct to employers.

I came across this issue myself and will try and find out what i told them,which reg i used as i also dont like these control; freaks playing games with my life.Some nice lines here to use on them at roach shop:
https://www.contractorcalculator.co.uk/when_a_contractor_cv_goes_awol.aspx          Smile
jobberpw
jobberpw

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:52 am

jobberpw wrote:.....Caker, did this muppet mean that by "I was told that it was to support me with job applications." that roach shop were implying they were going to farm out your cv on your behalf?.....

They did not mention that possibility, but now that you have raised it, I am glad I did not forward my CV to the DWP email address as was suggested by the roach. Do I have to supply a CV to DWP? 3268580443
Caker
Caker

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:06 am

This still applies today:
My CV and My Consent
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/my_cv_and_my_consent_2

It would be serious breach of DWP privacy policy for JCP staff to send your CV to a third party without your consent.

I think FZ's FOI will confirm this amongst other things.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dwp_curriculum_vitae_cv_guidance

Last edited by WelfareChampion on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:10 pm

On a sideline here, if a claimant was 'coerced'confused into sending an electronic copy of their CV to the JCP 🚽. Is there any alterations that could be applied to the CV. By this i mean blacking out address etc, as the Roach clown should already have this information? So if the CV is passed on, it limits the damage ❓

✴ While i am talking about CV's. I had recently graduated from a "Cat sat on the mat" course🎓😵. And the Roach clown asked to see my improved CV. When i did present the document 📃to them. I was told in no uncertain terms, that it was not in the correct format for a CV❗ I then explained to the Roach clown, that this was the way i was told present the information on the CV from the 'Cat sat on the mat' course (dwp approved?)🙄👎🐒. So altered it back to the format it was in previously, before the course.
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:19 pm

Pintel did you ask roach what 'secret format' should EVERYONES cv now be in to gain employment in a pandemic Very Happy .Their delusional crap is endless.

How long was your course for Pintel? I think i did a similar one earlier this year 3-4 hours watching a slideshow followed by a questions and answers session.

One classic JC minus question that sticks out in my mind for some strange reason , probably been scarred by it is:''What do you feel is stopping you from getting back into work'' Very Happy Current answer will be Covid-19 for one. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Pintel wrote:""I was told in no uncertain terms, that it was not in the correct format for a CV❗ I then explained to the Roach clown, that this was the way i was told present the information on the CV from the 'Cat sat on the mat' course (dwp approved?)🙄👎🐒. So altered it back to the format it was in previously, before the course.""

The above is just typical of those morons playing games, ''trying!" their best to get us all to chase our tails like headless chickens.Would have loved to have seen the look on that roaches face when you explained all that Pintel.Very Happy
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:18 pm

I think the answer to:-

"what do you feel is stopping you getting back into work?"

is

"I have no idea, I was hoping to find out by attending this course" scratch
Caker
Caker

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Caker wrote:I think the answer to:-

"what do you feel is stopping you getting back into work?"

is

"I have no idea, I was hoping to find out by attending this course" scratch

When i get the stock question of "What do you feel is stopping you getting back into work?". My usual reply is along the lines of 'I have no idea, your supposed to be the expert in theses matters'🙄Do I have to supply a CV to DWP? 3889284177🐒

@jobberpw, this was pre-Covid days. So i didnt have that excuse. It will be interesting to see how the jcp roaches clown, view the after effects of Covid pandemic. As they seem to be blissfully unaware of the outside world 🧚🌍 normally?
Pintel
Pintel

Caker and jobberpw like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:57 am

When i get the stock question of "What do you feel is stopping you getting back into work?". My usual reply is along the lines of 'I have no idea, you're supposed to be the expert in theses matters'

Will be using that.A true classic for sure. Very Happy Twisted Evil
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by ABC Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Pintel wrote:When i get the stock question of "What do you feel is stopping you getting back into work?".

My answer is ... you!
ABC
ABC

Caker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:40 pm

an update

DWP Curriculum Vitae (CV) guidance and procedures on retention, consent to share and erasure
"there is no UC guidance on managing and retaining copies of
a claimant’s CV. CVs are held electronically and can be erased/removed from the UC
service at the request of the claimant.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/dwp_curriculum_vitae_cv_guidance#incoming-1679810
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Caker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down