BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In what ways could a JCP work coach mandate people?

4 posters

Go down

In what ways could a JCP work coach mandate people? Empty In what ways could a JCP work coach mandate people?

Post by Jara Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Hello everyone!

To learn more about everything works I am trying to find out how a work coach could mandate people to go on different schemes, courses, apply for jobs and any other activity. Not just for JSA but for other benefits as well. This might later be useful for other people who are wondering if they actually been mandated by the work coach or not to do something.

My very short list so far:

• A written job seekers direction
  • Refferal letter?

Jara

Back to top Go down

In what ways could a JCP work coach mandate people? Empty Re: In what ways could a JCP work coach mandate people?

Post by Caker Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:23 pm

I think you have summarised it Jara.

As far as I know, a mandatory activity notification of job seeker's direction needs to identify the specific activity and provide a date by which the activity should be completed.

I believe that it may also include details of how the activity should be completed. If it is in regard to attending a CV writing course (for example) then it needs to give details of the date the course starts and ends (inclusive) and where to report to on the first day of the course. There should also be details about the potential penalties for failure to complete the activity.

I am sure other forum members can provide details of what else the MAN/JSD needs to include.

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

In what ways could a JCP work coach mandate people? Empty Re: In what ways could a JCP work coach mandate people?

Post by Jara Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Oh, I thought the work coach had way more tools to force people to do courses and other useless things.

From what Mary mentioned in another topic, using a JSD to mandate someone to do a four week course seem very difficult as then each day needs a separate JSD. That's twenty (!) different JSD!

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:42 pm

Are you concerned about being mandated to the course that you mentioned in the other thread?

I would always go with Mary's advice as she is excellent. Helping Hand is another reliable member of the forum. Smile
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:41 pm

theres plenty that you cant be mandated to do and these we can concentrate upon there have been a few that are not legal to be used jcp staff have a habbit of throwing new ones that people havent heard of or come across within many a forum

best way is for people to post them and ask if they are legal or not
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jara Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Caker wrote:Are you concerned about being mandated to the course that you mentioned in the other thread?

I can probably dodge the course with a JSA28 if I wanted to. I am thinking if it's worth to use a JSA28 for that. Hopefully I will work until my JSA28 resets.

But a part of me just want to go that meeting tomorrow, say no to a course and then get a illegal JSD which I can challenge and win against.

Jara

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 pm

......I have provided my response on the other thread. They are the things I would be saying to the work coach, but I am sure you already had an idea of what you intend to say.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:47 am

regardless of the form that a direction or mandation takes it has to be:
- Reasonable in your circumstances
- Be addressing a single specific issue
- Should be leading to a clear improvement of your chances of employment
- Should have a specified timing

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:45 am

Brutus wrote:
regardless of the form that a direction or mandation takes it has to be:
- Reasonable in your circumstances

This course would not be reasonable, since you have not been assessed as needing this intervention

-Be addressing a single specific issue

There is no evidence to suggest that you have the issue that would be addressed by the intervention

-Should be leading to a clear improvement of your chances of employment

Not possible, since there is no evidence that the issue affects your chances of employment, but clear evidence of the opposite

- Should have a specified timing

That is possibly the only part of the JSD that can apply in this case  lol!

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down