BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unacceptable Customer Behaviour

+3
Pintel
oneman
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Unacceptable Customer Behaviour Empty Unacceptable Customer Behaviour

Post by Admin Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Absolut wrote:Rule 34833 has no link to primary legislation as far as I am aware. In other words, it's an internal made up rule. There is no definition of "participate" in the primary legislation other than:

to provide information and such evidence as may be prescribed as to his circumstances, his availability for employment and the extent to which he is actively seeking employment.

Beware roaches citing Unacceptable Customer Behaviour rules in order to bully a claimant into "participating" in an interview. The UCB policy is about health and safety but many roaches have tried to use it incorrectly in order to sanction people for not "participating" in an interview.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unacceptable Customer Behaviour Empty Re: Unacceptable Customer Behaviour

Post by Admin Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:45 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:
Absolut wrote:Rule 34833 has no link to primary legislation as far as I am aware. In other words, it's an internal made up rule. There is no definition of "participate" in the primary legislation other than:

to provide information and such evidence as may be prescribed as to his circumstances, his availability for employment and the extent to which he is actively seeking employment.

Beware roaches citing Unacceptable Customer Behaviour rules in order to bully a claimant into "participating" in an interview. The UCB policy is about health and safety but many roaches have tried to use it incorrectly in order to sanction people for not "participating" in an interview.

Sorry Absolut, do you know the JCP defintion of 'Unacceptable Customer Behaviour'? Just to make things clear for me? cyclops
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Absolut wrote:
El-dudeareno wrote:Sorry Absolut, do you know the JCP defintion of 'Unacceptable Customer Behaviour'? Just to make things clear for me? cyclops

To quote their own words from the FOI:

Unacceptable Customer Behaviour (UCB) is any incident that causes employees or has the potential to make employees feel upset, threatened, frightened or physically at risk and is directed at them because of their work in the Department.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/unacceptable_customer_behaviour_2#incoming-828363

The Unacceptable Customer Behaviour Policy and processes are control measures to manage risk to staff, derived from Management of Health and safety (1999) regulation 3 underpinned by Health and safety at work act (1974).

Examples of UCB can include:
· Violence
· Verbal abuse (inc. by telephone)
· Abuse of a discriminatory nature e.g., sex, race, disability, religion, age
· Threats, which are implied or otherwise
· Intimidation
· Sexual innuendo
· Harassment
· Unwelcome attention
· Attempted or actual assaults - spitting that makes contact with the body is classed as an assault
· Damage to property
· Employees filmed, photographed or recorded in the workplace or working off-site, without their express consent
· Threats made in writing or via email
· Information about employees posted on social media e.g. face book

The list is not exhaustive. Any other incident that makes an employee feel uncomfortable, vulnerable or threatened must be reported. Incidents where the person’s identity is not known should also be reported.

Lack of participation or co-operation in an interview is not covered by the UCB policy and falls under primary JSA/UC/ESA legislation only.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:50 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:To quote their own words from the FOI:

Unacceptable Customer Behaviour (UCB) is any incident that causes employees or has the potential to make employees feel upset, threatened, frightened or physically at risk and is directed at them because of their work in the Department.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/unacceptable_customer_behaviour_2#incoming-828363

The Unacceptable Customer Behaviour Policy and processes are control measures to manage risk to staff, derived from Management of Health and safety (1999) regulation 3 underpinned by Health and safety at work act (1974).

Examples of UCB can include:
· Violence
· Verbal abuse (inc. by telephone)
· Abuse of a discriminatory nature e.g., sex, race, disability, religion, age
· Threats, which are implied or otherwise
· Intimidation
· Sexual innuendo
· Harassment
· Unwelcome attention
· Attempted or actual assaults - spitting that makes contact with the body is classed as an assault
· Damage to property
· Employees filmed, photographed or recorded in the workplace or working off-site, without their express consent
· Threats made in writing or via email
· Information about employees posted on social media e.g. face book

The list is not exhaustive. Any other incident that makes an employee feel uncomfortable, vulnerable or threatened must be reported. Incidents where the person’s identity is not known should also be reported.

Lack of participation or co-operation in an interview is not covered by the UCB policy and falls under primary JSA/UC/ESA legislation only.

Thanks, it does seem like double standards thou from these people at the DWP. "Threats, Harassment, and Abuse". How many time have I heard these words used to describe the treatment from some work-roaches, to there clients! Evil or Very Mad

Also I noticed its says on the UCB list:
"Employees filmed, photographed or recorded in the workplace or working off-site, without their express consent".. I thought you where allowed to record any meeting for your own personal use (nothing to fear nothing to hide?)? pirat
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:12 am

So when I state too them (and I often do)
"This is a disciplinary matter and could affect your future employment"
They can take it as a threat? Shocked
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 am

its not a threat its a statement of truth that they should be aware of being a public servant

your using there code of practice so if they quote your threatening me then quote the reference comes from there code of practice
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:15 am

I have quite a few copies in the back of my thick file that I take to appointments!

Afew of them get left about.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-code/the-civil-service-code
I prefer the pamphlet version.
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:52 pm

Here’s a new FOI: 30 December 2019,  FOI2019/43317 on Unacceptable Customer Behaviour .

I was wondering if there was Unacceptable Work Coach Behaviour? As I have seen claimants to whom have been made to“ feel upset, threatened, frightened or physicaly at risk, and is directed at them”. From the Roach. It does seem double standards from the JCP, as I have seen plenty of people coming out of the local Job centre crying, due to there work-coach. As I overheard them talking over the problem that was upsetting them.   No

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/625285/response/1493153/attach/html/2/WDTK%20Template%20FOI2019%2043317.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/what_is_the_procedure_for_staff?nocache=incoming-1493153#incoming-1493153

Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:30 pm

All this needs looking into in particular their bullshit charter and guidence of which they are bound by. Civil servants code of conduct. I wonder how that prepares some of these idealistic jobsworths to carry on belilltling claimants.

How many on here have been made to feel like crap by the actions of a roach. Or, could see roach shop was trying to do their best to achieve that as their main goal. Like sod all to do with helping people look for work. Or, help them secure any worthwhile training that they would surpass the usual cat sat on mat courses along with, this is how we build a cv.

jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:17 pm

Anyone know if employees of Joke Shop are actually bound by the Civil Service code? as they are not DWP.

Technically speaking i think JC are functioning as an 'employment agency of DWP' if anyone can believe that Laughing
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 am

jobberpw wrote:Anyone know if employees of Joke Shop are actually bound by the Civil Service code? as they are not DWP.

Technically speaking i think JC are functioning as an 'employment agency of DWP' if anyone can believe that Laughing

According to Section 29 of the Welfare Reform Act 2012, JCP and its staff, as the arm of DWP charged with implementing its policies are “authorised persons” for the purpose of exercising the functions of the Secretary of State at DWP. Ipso facto, they are therefore bound by the related civil service, governmental and ministerial codes.

Not only that but any provider to whom DWP/JCP sub-contracts or fobs off related functions become “authorised persons” too when they claim to be acting on behalf of DWP/JCP or the Secretary of State. This is why, for example, providers may use powers conferred on them to get claimants to undertake DWP/JCP authorised functions but can’t compel them to take part in, sign up to, any of their own in-house exercises or forms.

29 Delegation and contracting out

(1) The functions of the Secretary of State under sections 13 to 25 may be exercised by, or by the employees of, such person as the Secretary of State may authorise for the purpose (an “authorised person”).

(2) An authorisation given by virtue of this section may authorise the exercise of a function—
(a) wholly or to a limited extent;
(b) generally, or in particular cases or areas;
(c) unconditionally or subject to conditions.

(3) An authorisation under this section—
(a) may specify its duration;
(b) may be varied or revoked at any time by the Secretary of State;
(c) does not prevent the Secretary of State or another person from exercising the function to which the authorisation relates.

(4) Anything done or omitted to be done by or in relation to an authorised person (or an employee of that person) in, or in connection with, the exercise or purported exercise of the function concerned is to be treated for all purposes as done or omitted to be done by or in relation to the Secretary of State or (as the case may be) an officer of the Secretary of State.

(5) Subsection (4) does not apply—
(a) for the purposes of so much of any contract made between the authorised person and the Secretary of State as relates to the exercise of the function, or
(b) for the purposes of any criminal proceedings brought in respect of anything done or omitted to be done by the authorised person (or an employee of that person).

(6) Where—
(a) the authorisation of an authorised person is revoked, and
(b) at the time of the revocation so much of any contract made between the authorised person and the Secretary of State as relates to the exercise of the function is subsisting,

the authorised person is entitled to treat the contract as repudiated by the Secretary of State (and not as frustrated by reason of the revocation).

Section 5(b) is interesting to note:

Basically, if anyone purporting to be acting on the authority of the Secretary of State is accused of being involved in criminal activity, they’re on their own.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Welfare-Champion Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:06 am

CC wrote:Section 5(b) is interesting to note:

Basically, if anyone purporting to be acting on the authority of the Secretary of State is accused of being involved in criminal activity, they’re on their own.

A good example:
Freedom of Information request 918/2011

Could you please provide the number of cases where DWP employees have been arrested on suspicion of any type of payment irregularities linked to their place of work from 1st January 2009 till 25th March 2011?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/551961/foi-918-2011.pdf

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:02 pm

Nice to see the people who some of us vote for who ultimately should be looking after our welfare,adopt a stance of letting 'officials' apply all their rules in their favour. How strange 🙄👀😱😠

Wonder how they view the condescending way and tone these morons talk to 'customers '. Funny how they like to use such a term ad implies, they have something to offer. And most know, they have not. 🙄
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul61 Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:51 pm

Its a pity that we "As a Customer" cannot take our business elsewhere,
As im sure we would at any other service that treated us in such a Shocking way.

Paul61

https://unemployment-gb.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:09 pm

Or, that they make their complaints procedures too difficult for many to navigate. And ultimately, make those complaints stick; as per their own delusional meaning of the word "reasonably" compensated. 😡
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 pm

Committed Claimant:"they are therefore bound by the related civil service, governmental and ministerial codes."

Cheers for that CC,just what i was looking for Wink Twisted Evil

Last edited by jobberpw on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Pintel:"I was wondering if there was Unacceptable Work Coach Behaviour?"

Me too Pintel.They treat the unemployed like crap.Condescending, rudeness, arrogance, belittling etc etc.
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:45 pm

Pintel wrote:Here’s a new FOI: 30 December 2019,  FOI2019/43317 on Unacceptable Customer Behaviour .

I was wondering if there was Unacceptable Work Coach Behaviour? As I have seen claimants to whom have been made to“ feel upset, threatened, frightened or physicaly at risk, and is directed at them”. From the Roach. It does seem double standards from the JCP, as I have seen plenty of people coming out of the local Job centre crying, due to there work-coach. As I overheard them talking over the problem that was upsetting them.   No

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/625285/response/1493153/attach/html/2/WDTK%20Template%20FOI2019%2043317.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/what_is_the_procedure_for_staff?nocache=incoming-1493153#incoming-1493153

Anyone know whether the "customer" has rights! of complaint to DWP UC JC- making them ill, through undue stress, affecting their mental health etc etc etc ? If we dont, then by definition of 'customer' they cannot be selling us much. Laughing Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil As any customer i know in most countries has a right of complaint and is clear as to exactly who? Smile Twisted Evil

Seriously though,there must be some kind of format to go forward and send a truly firm complaint to joke shop etc ?
jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down