BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESA50 amended. Claimant can stop GP being informed of WCA assessment outcome

Go down

ESA50 amended. Claimant can stop GP being informed of WCA assessment outcome Empty ESA50 amended. Claimant can stop GP being informed of WCA assessment outcome

Post by MrFrankZola Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:08 pm

The DWP has amended the ESA50 Work Capability form so claimants can now explicitly opt-in consent [yes] or not consent [no] for the infamous ESA65B letter to go to their GP when found 'fit-for-work'.

Form https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/capability-for-work-questionnaire

New text

'Consent to notify your GP of the outcome of Work Capability Assessment'

"DWP would like to share its decision based on the result of your Work Capability Assessment (WCA) with your doctor, or any doctor treating you. This will help the doctor, as it will tell them when they no longer need to provide you with Statements of Fitness for Work (also known as fit notes or medical certificates) for the purposes of this claim.

We need your agreement to share this information.

You do not have to give your agreement. If you do not agree, it will not affect your claim for ESA. We will keep a record of the decision you make.

You can withdraw your agreement at any time before the medical assessment takes place by calling DWP on 0800 169 0310.

If you contact us after the assessment it may be too late, as we may have already made a decision and shared it. If you withdraw your agreement, we will not share the decision based on the outcome of your WCA with your doctor.

I agree to my doctor, or any other doctor treating me,
being informed about the result of my
Work Capability Assessment.

No

Yes

Signature

Date"

More comment and info

MrFrankZola

Back to top Go down