BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESA50 question - timeframe used between ESA50 assessments

3 posters

Go down

ESA50 question - timeframe used between ESA50 assessments Empty ESA50 question - timeframe used between ESA50 assessments

Post by Dyonas Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Like many I'm stuck with the annual ESA50 forms and follow-up 'assessments'. Last year I was sent the initial ESA50 about this time, late October / early November. Due to circumstances beyond my control it took me a while to return the form but it was still in time. As usual they then wanted to send me for a medical but those same circumstances were worse (step-dad was ill with terminal lung cancer and had been hospitalised). The date they wanted me to go for the medical was pushed back and happened the following year on 3rd January. To my surprise I found out almost 3 weeks later I passed but was moved from the support group to the WRAG. It's been ok, I don't care about the extra money I just wanted to be left to recover from losing my step-dad before Christmas and having to take greater care of my disabled mother.

I *thought* that the medicals were the timeframe they used meaning that I'd be due for another in January. However, today in the post there was another ESA50. At most that's 9 months from my last medical. Is that right? Am I wrong in thinking it should be a year from the date of the medical? I was floored when I saw it. The rollercoaster of emotions is something anyone who's gone through it will understand. If they are wrong I need to get this looked at or is this their new policy? 12 months was too much time so let's harass people more often? If anyone has information or can point me to where I can find out (online please as I can't use the phone with my anxiety) I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Dyonas

Back to top Go down

ESA50 question - timeframe used between ESA50 assessments Empty Re: ESA50 question - timeframe used between ESA50 assessments

Post by Admin Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:18 pm

so you know

sorry to say it follows your initial esa50 document time

and welcome to the site
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ESA50 question - timeframe used between ESA50 assessments Empty Re: ESA50 question - timeframe used between ESA50 assessments

Post by Welfare-Champion Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:48 am

How long you get ESA for

If you’re in the work-related activity group and get contribution-based ESA, you’ll only get it for up to a year. This includes time before your medical assessment. If your disability or illness gets worse and you would qualify for the support group, you can ask the DWP to re-assess you even after the year’s finished.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/getting-your-esa-decision/

An award of ESA is not time limited. However, claimants are usually subject to re-assessment, no matter what group they are in. Recommendations on when re-assessments take place are simply that. Recommendations. The DWP can, by and large, and subject to rules of fairness and abuse of public office, re-assess him any time they want

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5762

Welfare-Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down