BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does UC involve fortnightly signing?

2 posters

Go down

Does UC involve fortnightly signing? Empty Does UC involve fortnightly signing?

Post by Caker Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:02 am

New to UC. I have no idea what to expect.  confused

I am not clear about whether UC involves fortnightly signing or if some other process/cycle is in place.  confused

I have explored the UC journal and I see that there are boxes for providing details of jobs applied for etc.  geek

I presume DWP workers can access all that a claimant records in the journal.

Is there anything which needs to be corroborated for the purposes of ordinary work search reviews?  confused  Some websites generate an email when a job is applied for, but many don't; would it be necessary to keep copies of screen grabs just in case any questions are raised in the future? This would seem sensible, in any case.   geek

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks, in anticipation.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Does UC involve fortnightly signing? Empty Re: Does UC involve fortnightly signing?

Post by Non Deficere Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Caker wrote:New to UC. I have no idea what to expect.  confused

I am not clear about whether UC involves fortnightly signing or if some other process/cycle is in place.  confused

Short answer: There is no requirement in UC legislation to sign on/attend the Jobcentre at any particular frequency.  More info to follow.

I have explored the UC journal and I see that there are boxes for providing details of jobs applied for etc.  geek

I presume DWP workers can access all that a claimant records in the journal.

Correct.

Is there anything which needs to be corroborated for the purposes of ordinary work search reviews?  confused  Some websites generate an email when a job is applied for, but many don't; would it be necessary to keep copies of screen grabs just in case any questions are raised in the future? This would seem sensible, in any case.   geek

It depends! I will add a link shortly.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks, in anticipation.

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Does UC involve fortnightly signing? Empty Re: Does UC involve fortnightly signing?

Post by Non Deficere Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Thanks ND.

So if I have understood this correctly, the first 13 weeks of a UC claim involve weekly work search reviews. Shocked

My initial appt (ID) is this week and no doubt will involve a CC. I want to make sure that is workable and that I am clear about how to avoid any pitfalls.

Last edited by Caker on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more)
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Caker wrote:Thanks ND.

So if I have understood this correctly, the first 13 weeks of a UC claim involve weekly work search reviews. Shocked

My initial appt (ID) is this week and no doubt will involve a CC. I want to make sure that is workable and that I am clear about how to avoid any pitfalls.

An older FOI, but it's more rational/lawful:

When setting the timing and frequency of these contacts, the claimant's personal circumstances must be taken into consideration. Claimants in need of additional support are likely to be seen more often and for longer than those claimants more capable of looking for and finding work themselves.

Preparing a CC is included.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/233156/response/578010/attach/19/IKB%20content%201%202.pdf

Building the Claimant Commitment:

http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2018-0759/Building_the_Claimant_Commitment_v1.0.pdf

Last edited by Non Deficere on Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:14 pm

Thanks ND.

So pretty much like the CC under JSA regs, by the look of it.

Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Caker wrote:Thanks ND.

So pretty much like the CC under JSA regs, by the look of it.

Very similar C.

The work preparation activities are akin to JSA Jobseeker Directions.
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:25 pm

I was told by the same person that there are no travel expenses for mandatory appts. I am not clear why anyone would attend a non mandatory appt tbh. I can feel a FOI coming on in regard to which appts attract travel expenses, under UC, and which do not.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down