BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing signing-on day

2 posters

Go down

Changing signing-on day Empty Changing signing-on day

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:45 am

I sign on every two weeks for NI credits only under old JSA. However, for my next appointment, my WC has changed my usual signing on day (making it 16 days instead of 14) saying it didn’t matter which day I signed on, as I was only getting NI credits. The WC will also be different.

If this is just a one-off it doesn’t matter, but if it’s going to continue, with them keep changing the day of the week each time to suit them, I don’t feel very happy about it. Do I have the right to ask them to keep to my regular signing on day?

Back to top Go down

Changing signing-on day Empty Re: Changing signing-on day

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:07 am

Jobcentre Plus has the flexibility to make FJRs more or less frequent.

This does not affect you financially, but there is more risk that your claim could be closed by mistake, which may entail you having to claim New Style JSA to receive your credits.

You could express your concerns via a complaint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:35 am

Thanks ND! I am worried about the risk of them closing my claim down, especially as they tried to do so recently when I was off sick.

Would it be best to complain now or wait until my next signing-on day and see whether the next appointment reverts to my usual signing-on day?

Also is it the JCP manager I should complain to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:37 am

Robin wrote:Thanks ND!  I am worried about the risk of them closing my claim down, especially as they tried to do so recently when I was off sick.

Would it be best to complain now or wait until my next signing-on day and see whether the next appointment reverts to my usual signing-on day?  

Also is it the JCP manager I should complain to?

Yes.

You could also ask for a note to be attached to your physical claim unit regarding your medical appointments and not to close you claim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:47 am

Changing signing-on day 2035158131

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:23 am

Hello Robin and welcome to the Respectful Benefit Forum.

By the sound of it no explanation has been given you on why your signing on day was changed. This has left you feeling a bit anxious and obviously you’d like to know what’s going on and whether there might be some ulterior motive behind the proposed changes.

On the other hand, there may just be some reorganizational changes going on in your Jobcentre office.

So far all we know for sure is that one appointment date has been changed. We don’t even know whether the change is permanent yet. We don’t know what exactly you wish to complain about or why. Can’t see how stirring up a hornet’s nest unnecessarily on mere speculation will help you.

Rather than speculate and raise your anxiety level higher than it is already I would suggest you take it easy and avoid coming to the most negative conclusions. Attend your appointment on the next due date, ask the questions you have asked here, discuss any concerns you may have and explain any difficulties that the proposed changes may have for you.

If any changes actually affecting your benefit are proposed out of the blue ask for an explanation, where to find more information on what is proposed, and time to consider their implications.

Let us know the outcome of your appointment and any issues that arise that may require further action.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 pm

welcome to the site robin

just a note here id still go in on my 2 week appointment to sign on on that day always cover yourself just incase they do the dirty not worth being refused due to them saying coming 2 days extra time

if you go in then it will show up that you have been in and tried to sign on as you normally do

its really not worth the hassle due to dwp saying your not needed to go in then saying you do after wards
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 am

Thanks to everyone for their comments & suggestions, which is much appreciated.

I find it sad that given past experiences, of self and others, it’s necessary to be if not actively suspicious, as least wary.

They are certainly fewer and fewer staff now dealing with old JSA claimants, and I expect it would be more convenient for them to get rid of us altogether.

One of the reasons I feel uneasy is that the new (or possibly stand-in) WC was the one who recently rang me at home after only one week of being sick (when you are allowed 2 weeks sickness under JSA) and said they were about to close down my claim. This in spite of the fact that I had already informed the call centre and just received the sickness form but had been unable (because I was ill!) to leave the house to get it back to them immediately.

I rang the call centre again, who I have to say were very helpful on both occasions, so that this was logged, and took the form in on my next signing-on day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Committed Claimant Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:11 pm

It is certainly wise to be suspicious and wary of any and all spontaneous actions by JCP. However, this should not give rise, as a first reaction, to wild speculation and potential anxiety attacks.
Committed Claimant
Committed Claimant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down