BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout

+5
El-dudeareno
dboy
Non Deficere
Brutus
Rebel-1
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout Empty Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout

Post by Non Deficere Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm

I am in poor health and I apologies for any failures in my memory etc.!

In summary:

3/17: Terratech (the owner of the unemploymentmovement.com (UM) decided to close his UM site for a variety of reasons.

WFC posted most of the of the data from UM to its site!

Regrettably, a number of long standing and respected/loved UM members were unexpectedly banned from WFC!

In 4/17 a new site (Respectful Benefits) was formed by a former UM member ("gadily")  to support people banned from WFC and to provide access to the historical information posted on UM.

I understand this was a period of considerable stress and tension for some people, particularly for those who had formed long standing bonds/relationships over several years with UM members.

A new forum is being developed by a former UM member (Paul/ Rebel-1):

http://2018-unemployment.freeforums.net/thread/26/february-3rd#ixzz5628vWpBb

My thoughts:

I have spent the past 6+ years helping and supporting people on-line as well as in the community to overturn sanctions and resolve complaints etc.

Some members know that I have helped them despite very poor health including cancer.

I am not in a position to propose a perfect resolution.  However, I can only hope that any site created incorporates the best features and support mechanisms for all its members.

I personally hate social media, but I was prepared to embrace it to help people.

In the meantime, I have become very wary posting on-line.

I fully understand that feelings will, and do run high in a specific set circumstances.

Some good friends lost touch and decisions made at the time resulted in adverse effects on the "movement" and the quality of the support available.

I am near to financial retirement and my nearest and dearest want me give up my on-line activities ASAP.

I can only hope that over many years people have learned and shared the battles and successes with "friends" .

Onward and upwards!

Warmest regards,

ND

Last edited by Non Deficere on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : corrections)
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout Empty Re: Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout

Post by Rebel-1 Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:44 pm

A new forum is being developed by a former UM member (Paul/ Rebel-1):

http://2018-unemployment.freeforums.net/thread/26/february-3rd#ixzz5628vWpBb

"Developed" is about the right word; As I'm having a variety of problems with it;
Hope to go "Live" in a few days.

It is Not in Competition with this or any other forum;

But the idea is as well as Benefits Guidelines, It will (I Hope) embrace all parts of living in Poverty and Deliberately created Austerity by this current government;
As well as lifestyle issues and "Alternative Lifestyle".
Unlike other Forums and very much like this one it will be open for Public Viewing,
Much feedback from people far and wide is going into its development
Oh well, lets see what happens.
In the meantime, respectful benefits continues to provide an excellent platform
for the Unemployed & Disabled.
Rebel-1
Rebel-1

Back to top Go down

Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout Empty Re: Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout

Post by Non Deficere Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:36 am

Sadly, there can never be sufficient help and support for many groups of people, hence so many charities and on-line platforms such as this one and others:

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1316-other-helpful-accessible-welfare-benefit-forums

Universal Credit will affect millions of people but I cannot see a great deal of on-line help at this time.

I feel happier retiring from on-line benefit advice knowing that there will be more information and support available for people that need it.

I do not need help and advice at this time, but having access to sites such as 'rightsnet' has been very useful.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:27 am

The more presence we have on net the better.
Hopefully it will become part of a network of sites and blog that will better cover the gamut of the "movement". While large sites can command more viewing they often also attract more controversy.
A web of similar aiming sites maybe will allow different attitudes to coexist.
UM was afflicted by regular disputes that had little to do with the purpose of the site but disproportionately with the ego of the dialogists.
Having a "site ecology " could perhaps concentrate like with like (or people that like to argue more) and contribute to the resilience of the sites themselves.

Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel-1 Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

While I struggle with my Proposed Forum Rolling Eyes
Yet Another WEBSITE is being put together, A joint process between me and another
Ex WC/UM member; focusing on SANCTIONS might be of interest to some of you.

https://es2022.wordpress.com/
Rebel-1
Rebel-1

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Only one point thou Rebel-1. With all of these different forums I feel like Samuel Taylor Coleridge said: "Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink". Idea

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1316-other-helpful-accessible-welfare-benefit-forums?nid=5#4642

Last edited by El-dudeareno on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra)
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

http://dudeism.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:Only one point thou Rebel-1. With all of these different forums I feel like Samuel Taylor Coleridge said: "Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink". Idea

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1316-other-helpful-accessible-welfare-benefit-forums?nid=5#4642

I fully appreciate the difficulties of on-line support.  

If you visit 'rightsnet' (professional adviser site), you will note there is always a difference of opinion.

UM established a reputation of providing solid advice and there was a track record of success based on feedback. More recently, members on this forum have provided positive feedback of outcomes from complaints and Tribunals etc.

If in doubt, check with an established local welfare agency or a Citizens Advice Bureau.

What I love about forums is, that members usually provide very canny/ingenious as well as non legal solutions to problems.  Very Happy

I also liked the frankness and honesty of the membership of UM etc. even when feelings were running very high.  I was at the receiving end in 2014 and it was very upsetting as well as unpleasant, but I survived and friendships flourished!  Smile

The past 12 months have been very unsettling for me and no doubt for others.

Whatever happens I wish everyone here and on other forums all the best.

I will be back to complete my ideas about W&HP in due course!
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 pm

El-dudeareno wrote:Only one point thou Rebel-1. With all of these different forums I feel like Samuel Taylor Coleridge said: "Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink". Idea

If only he knew about desalination at the time, thankfully a simple hand pump is all you need now.

Do I know you ? lol

dboy

https://killwelfaresanctionskill.org

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Rebel-1 wrote:While I struggle with my Proposed Forum Rolling Eyes
Yet Another WEBSITE is being put together, A joint process between me and another
Ex WC/UM member; focusing on SANCTIONS might be of interest to some of you.

https://es2022.wordpress.com/
Well I hope we can get something going more, the merrier, you put it right on the other site when you said sick of sitting about doing nothing except bitchin n moaning its time to get active, I agree if the younger gen aint gunna sort it time we older folk showed what protesting is all about glad to see your better prepared in ya combats.

While I am sure you rather go down in your liverpool kit I think the combats are more practical should things kick off.

dboy

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi Dboy, "If only he knew about desalination at the time, thankfully a simple hand pump is all you need now."

Well sometime in life you need to get 'active' rather than, just sitting around moaning about you lot in life? Suspect

El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel-1 Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 pm

dboy as you may know I quit the other forum last night, Sad so now have a little more time on my hands, away from home next couple of days, so will catch up at the W/E. Cool
Rebel-1
Rebel-1

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Dboy, heres a link to some other benefits sights from N-D that might be off help to you?  cyclops

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com/t1316-other-helpful-accessible-welfare-benefit-forums#4644
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks for the links,

I know there are hundreds possibly thousands of sites, most are one man operations those that are not and dominate the rankings most have intellectual property right to protect, they have a business model, they are not independent.

Now what would be the affect if someone googled benefits help and the top site was a independent body nothing to gain nothing to lose by saying it as it is.

dboy

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm

dboy wrote:Thanks for the links,

I know there are hundreds possibly thousands of sites, most are one man operations those that are not and dominate the rankings most have intellectual property right to protect, they have a business model, they are not independent.

Now what would be the affect if someone googled benefits help and the top site was a independent body nothing to gain nothing to lose by saying it as it is.

But would the DWP/JCP want a website like that, to keep going on helping people in trouble? Basketball
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 pm

what i can tell you is many old sites are closing down and some are poping back up either run there coarse and have teetered off over the years um was popular and many still visited the site

spamming the forums is not allowed or on other websites this you will find out or have already

respected sites are welcome to post there links on here

all the best on the new site though im already running 2 of them as you already know of paul Smile

thankyou for all that you have done non def its been appreciated if you need a break or you need to slow down please do so its not worth the cost of your health

but please visit back and say hi at any time
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout Empty Former UMer here

Post by eightsmileshigh Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi RS members. I am an old UM member -and was very attached to the site. I see many names I recognise here. Unfortunately I cannot remember my own UM username!  Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout 1259455036

It's good to see this site up and running.
eightsmileshigh
eightsmileshigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:21 am

hi and welcome to the site

many old users have kept there names from there some have created new ones for other sites

its a clean slate here for everyone admin ( gadily ) is taking the laid back approach to its members and we all sort of do what we did on the past site we moderate ourselves

otherwise enjoy the site
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Welcome to the site eightmileshigh.

Can I just say that your avatar is a bit big and obscures some of the text in your post. Nothing personal, I have experienced this with other avatars and I think it is peculiar to my device.

Very Happy
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 am

Glad to see that "old vices are coming home to roost"... welcome back.
Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by eightsmileshigh Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:03 pm

"old vices" eh Brutus? Hmmm.....well old, certainly!Very Happy
eightsmileshigh
eightsmileshigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:45 pm

eightsmileshigh wrote:"old vices" eh Brutus? Hmmm.....well old, certainly!Very Happy  

......and it is lovely to have you back here. Very Happy
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:49 am

I believe the keys of the UM success (relatively speaking) where basically two:

1- it was a site that  reflected the views of a consistent minority. The unemployed; those at the forefront of the repressive apparatus of the state.
Not us bad as the prisoners or the homeless but nonetheless a group that could share similar experiences of real pressures and was homogenised by the repression and poverty. It expressed their voice against the general disparaging propaganda of the big mass-media and was upfront about it.
The language and the topics were ones appealing to the disenfranchised, a place where one could find understanding and solidarity, even if was only an indirect one.

2- for its many  faults TT (and in the first few years, Digger) provided a good moderation service. TT could be headstrong at times and even downright fastidious (in a couple of cases even vengeful) but it gave the members a baseline, where arguments would not degenerate into diatribes.
It was important because prevented the forum being monopolised by the hotheads and abusive writers.
It also encouraged the members to moderate themselves and each others.

Like this is, itwas a forum that was publicised by a sort of "e-word of mouth", amongst restricted but interested audiences.  
Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout Empty Hello Old Friends. :)

Post by Retired Dosser Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:20 am

Good to see so many of you together again and still fighting the good fight.

And glad to see the bandages haven't run out yet.  Wink

Had to change my name due to log in problems.
Retired Dosser
Retired Dosser

Back to top Go down

Post by Brutus Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:59 am

Welcome back to you too (Surplus?)

Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout 1259455036
Brutus
Brutus

Back to top Go down

Post by El-dudeareno Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Still welcome back to the fold 'Retired Dosser'. Demise of the Unemploymentmovement.com - Fallout 3889284177
El-dudeareno
El-dudeareno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum