BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List some strategies to avoid having to take part in the Restart 3 way call.

+5
Absolut
Ignatius
mandy tori
Caker
Archangel
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

List some strategies to avoid having to take part in the Restart 3 way call.  - Page 4 Empty Re: List some strategies to avoid having to take part in the Restart 3 way call.

Post by The Catwoman Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:12 am

I'm just wondering can they spring a restart handover call on you without warning or letter? As the WC knows I don't take my phone to JC, I've conveniently been given a phone appointment for my next appointment, is this going to be a sneaky way to get me to take part in the restart handover call?

The Catwoman

oneman and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

List some strategies to avoid having to take part in the Restart 3 way call.  - Page 4 Empty Re: List some strategies to avoid having to take part in the Restart 3 way call.

Post by Ignatius Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:34 am

I think they are supposed to give you advance notice. My SAR stated I had been issued with a JSA 534 notifying me of the handover call. This is factually incorrect as I never received said official notice. I was ambushed into the handover at a routine signing appointment. If you look back through the Restart threads (probably posts from 10-12 months ago), Absolut posted quite a bit about the correct notification required for the handover call.

Did they give you notification of your previous comedy failed handover? Best advice is to be on high alert.

Ignatius

oneman and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Catwoman Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:03 am

No they never gave me any notifications, but they said I would be having the handover call, I never took my phone and they couldn't do it.

I'm probably just over thinking it.

The Catwoman

oneman, Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:41 pm

a 3-way conversation is not mandatory and is consent-based both ways

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/714611/response/1703043/attach/4/Call%20handling%20national%20telephony.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

3-Way Calls: The customer should provide explicit consent to continue with a
requested 3 Way Call. If the rules have been followed then we are able to
engage with a nominated 3rd party representative and therefore could offer a
conference call. https://intranet.dwp.gov.uk/policy/consent-and-disclosure-
including-when-share-third-parties

it is highly under the privacy rules

you must be informed at the start of the conversation that someone else is within the room or close to the phone and is listening into the phonecall

cab follow this rule when they phone out on your behalf as they inform the person on the other end who they are and are with the person it involves

DWP also cannot do a 3-way with a provider and also the participant as this would break all the rules of privacy within a phone call

there are alot of rules within the wiretapping to do with privacy and a provider would fall into these rather well
the provider may work for the dwp but any connection via a 3-way call is seriously not allowed.

'3-way call: The customer "SHOULD" provide explicit consent to continue with a requested 3-way call. If the rules have been followed then we are able to engage with a nominated 3 rd party representative and therefore could offer a conference call"...

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/714611/response/1703043/attach/html/4/Call%20handling%20national%20telephony.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/national_telephony_hub#incoming-1703043
oneman
oneman

Pintel and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4