BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know when the second instalment of the cost of living payment will be made?

+2
Absolut
Archangel
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does anyone know when the second instalment of the cost of living payment will be made? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone know when the second instalment of the cost of living payment will be made?

Post by jobberpw Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:22 am

Usually another 2 or 3 after any interrogation's.

Yes, i also agree many more of these cost of living payments 'should' be needed, but even if they increase benefits by 10%. In real terms, everyone claiming is a decade behind themselves. Listening to whats being forecasted, does sound as though benefits will be increased probably in April.Be good if they brought it forward but feel that's too optimistic Smile .

They must be pulling their hair out at the prospect of doing this. The gap between earnings and benefits is closing. Piss taking days are almost over, for the low paying employers. Twisted Evil But that wont stop the roach shop still insisting if we all keep being forced onto their farcical work programmes will be a guaranteed path to a well paid job. Their obviously taking something much stronger than Guinness Smile .

jobberpw
jobberpw

Absolut and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know when the second instalment of the cost of living payment will be made? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone know when the second instalment of the cost of living payment will be made?

Post by jobberpw Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:31 pm

Absolut wrote:Further to my post about the CoL payment being disregarded, I am unsure of the rules about capital limits. If someone has just under £6k in savings and the £326 pushes them over the limit, do they need to declare it and then prove to the DWP that £326 is to be disregarded? It doesn't seem to be automatic.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1085956/admh2.pdf

H2002 The claimant has to show that the capital can be disregarded. If there is no evidence to show capital can be disregarded, it is included when working out the amount of capital a claimant and their partner has

Anything above 6k in any account needs to be declared if it can be drawn on. I looked into this when i cashed in my mini 25% pension pot 2 years ago. And that's how long my 25% lasted, hence the reference to mini, aka...micro Laughing   

Last edited by jobberpw on Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jobberpw
jobberpw

mandy tori likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:33 pm

yes jobberpw is correct as i understand it

mandy tori

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:27 am

jobberpw wrote:Anything above 6k in any account needs to be declared if it can be drawn on. I looked into this when i cashed in my mini 25% pension pot 2 years ago. And that's how long my 25% lasted, hence the reference to mini, aka...micro Laughing   

I was told over the phone that the cost of living payment is disregarded, i.e it's not added to capital. I am still waiting for them to write to me to confirm this.

Last edited by Absolut on Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw and Ignatius like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:40 am

That's great Absolut, as long as their telling you correct. You know how some roaches specifically like to sing from another hymn sheet so to speak just as we need a 100% correct answer.

I see their given out 3x £300 in additional payments April 2023 every 3-4 months. Want sure if these payments were for energy help. Looks like claimants not working for whatever reason are for once actually been given help.Tories must be ripping hairs out of the heads.One by one. Smile

Well, great news. Extra £900 April 2023 are 3 payments of £300 for cost of living so hoping; inflation starts going down as every penny will be needed.

Be spending it all on Ski wear. Not for the slopes, just for UK winter 2023-2024 Very Happy

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1697928/cost-of-living-payment-new-payments-900-universal-credit-2023-autumn-budget

jobberpw
jobberpw

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:09 pm

jobberpw wrote:That's great Absolut, as long as their telling you correct. You know how some roaches specifically like to sing from another hymn sheet so to speak just as we need a 100% correct answer.  

It was the benefit processing centre that said it to me, not a roach in a joke centre, but yep written confirmation is required.
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:28 pm

not related per say but i received a letter from government saying that an extra £150 would be awarded to the energy supplier (the billing isn't in my name) and indeed the credit has been added and confirmed.

after the letter was received and before we had the credit added i had taken the letter into JCP signing and she had stated she had never seen one before.
on jsa ib - anyone else had one?

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:19 am

Sounds like it's the warm homes discount.

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

You could get £150 off your electricity bill for winter 2022 to 2023 under the Warm Home Discount Scheme.

The money is not paid to you - it’s a one-off discount on your electricity bill, between October 2022 and March 2023.

You may be able to get the discount on your gas bill instead if your supplier provides you with both gas and electricity and you’re eligible.

https://www.gov.uk/check-if-youre-eligible-for-warm-home-discount
Absolut
Absolut

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:52 pm

I received such a letter a couple of weeks ago, also on IB JSA.

I'm inclined to think in my case it is probably an error. I live with a family member, whose name is on the bill and not in receipt of any benefits. According to the Warm Homes website this should preclude qualifying. It appears that DWP and energy company databases are conflicting. Looking elsewhere online it seems there are lots of people with similar living arrangements who shouldn't really be eligible(because they are not named on the bill/partner of person named on bill) but have received a letter from the gubberment telling them they will be getting a £150 electricity rebate. I have no idea what to do about my letter.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy tori Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:20 pm

thanks Ignatius for your reply, i also assumed that it was issued in error as bill payee isn't my partner either.

bill payer for my residence got an email stating that £150 had been added to the account (provider is bulb) and they are not eligible as per the letter as i read it.

i would expect that you will be awarded it at some point, by awarded i mean the credit will be added to the account of your residence's bill payer.

mine appeared out of the blue and couldn't find any reference online to it so like the cost of living payment i appear to be first in line for whatever reason.

certainly a welcome bonus during these obscene price hikes..

in regards to what to do about your letter, the timeframe is until next year so payment is maybe down to the supplier. you could call them if needed else cross your fingers 🙂

mandy tori

Ignatius likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:43 pm

I found some useful info on the Money Saving Expert Forum - the Energy & Benefits boards. Quite a few people on there received letters but didn't think they were actually eligible due to not being the bill payer or their partner.

For those who have not yet received a Brown Envelope of Doom, if you receive certain benefits, live in an energy inefficient abode, are named on the bill payer or partner of the payee,and your electricity supplier is in the Warm Homes scheme, you may get £150 credit on your account. This is in addition to the other assistance with energy bills.

Ignatius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2