BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job Centre Appointment

4 posters

Go down

Job Centre Appointment Empty Job Centre Appointment

Post by mintsue Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:00 pm

I am on Jobseekers Allowance, I was having 2 weekly telephone appointments from April until June last year, when they stopped them , and said that my next appointment would be in the Job centre. I have not heard from them until today, when I had a letter asking me to attend. It's with my work coach-no idea who that is- to discuss job search- training ext. I'm over 50 by the way and have not worked since 2015 following a stroke, do  I need to worry or is it just to check I'm still breathing? I thought that they were only doing face to face if absolutely necessary! Evil or Very Mad

mintsue

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Job Centre Appointment Empty Re: Job Centre Appointment

Post by Absolut Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:13 pm

Sorry no-one got back to you. Attendance in person, it seems, has varied from job centre to job centre. My husband and I are on JSA and we've been attending JC appointments since last June. It seems likely, in your case, that you will now be expected to attend, as normal, every fortnight. Make sure you have your last 2 week's job search answers ready and good luck. Be ready for them to harass/bully you again as if Covid never happened.
Absolut
Absolut

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mintsue Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:22 pm

Thanks for your reply Absolut, I do have to attend every 2 weeks now. I've got a jobsworth as a workroach. She has made an appointment at Pathways for a confidence building course, will go along with it- have you heard of them?

mintsue

Back to top Go down

Post by Absolut Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:35 am

Sorry I've not heard of them. The DWP Pathways stuff ceased in 2011 so it must be something else. Is it voluntary? They often don't tell you that such things are not compulsory.
Absolut
Absolut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:21 pm

mintsue wrote:. She has made an appointment at Pathways for a confidence building course, will go along with it- have you heard of them?

I feel your pain #Mintsue. If the JCP 🚽 Roach's clown treated claimants better, you might not need to go on a 'confidence building course'. 🤨  

Still  Keep us informed about what happens on the course. Id be interested to know what they have you doing
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:34 pm

Can a Job Centre ask you to come in on saturday for job search appointments.
Got one on Saturday and wonder what the legislation is on this?
Its a first for me! Evil or Very Mad
oneman
oneman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:50 pm

oneman wrote:Can a Job Centre ask you to come in on saturday for job search appointments.
Got one on Saturday and wonder what the legislation is on this?
Its a first for me! Evil or Very Mad

I've had a Saturday appointment at the JCP 🚽. When I asked the Roach🐷, they informed me it was because they where too busy during the week to see me. I believe it is more of an 'harassment' tactic? 🙄... So I asked the Roach clown some extra questions to waste more of their time. To show them it wasn't working confused on me....
Pintel
Pintel

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oneman Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:33 pm

I have not had an appointment for a while and it is not a problem. I think it's just that every time they contact me I automatically react in an explosively angry manner and my blood starts to boil.
It's as if they know exactly what buttons to press to get a reaction from me!

What is the legislation on this matter?
oneman
oneman

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:05 pm

oneman wrote:!

What is the legislation on this matter?

Might have to put an FOI in about this💭 #Oneman❓Most work places see Saturdays as a normal day of trading, unless its on religious grounds ie being the Sabbath to you🤔
Pintel
Pintel

oneman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down