BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerned about a JCP appointment!

4 posters

Go down

Concerned about a JCP appointment! Empty Concerned about a JCP appointment!

Post by donkey123 Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am

I am on Universal Credit. Last week I had a scheduled jobcentre appointment. This wasnt for a fortnightly worksearch review but an additional appointment because I requested financial/travel help with a local scheme they got going on at the moment in my area.

This was an appointment set up by my work coach but would have been with a different work coach as mine is on holiday.

Anyway about a week before the appointment I had managed to bypass the jobcentres help and sort out this travel scheme on my own and i didn't need anything from the jobcentre. So I queried this in my journal asking if i was still required to attend the appointment. I didnt hear anything back until the day before from some random jcp worker saying if i had sorted it then there would be no need to attend. However the appointment was still showing up in my journal and was very conscious about the fact it says something like "if you do not attend your universal credit may be effected" (probably for all appointments but still)

So i messaged back saying will my appointment be officially cancelled on my journal and if not i'd still be attending. then i get a message about an hour before my appointment from the woman who the appointment is with saying she has cancelled the appointment and if i had been successful with the travel scheme then my attendance isnt required.

So the appointment was cancelled, and i have it in black and white on the journal that my attendance wasnt required but i am still worried lol. you know the paper forms that jcp staff have when you walk in with your name and time etc? well this would have had my details on and wouldnt have been "ticked off" by my name as i didnt go. and it was only cancelled with an hour to spare.

Do jcp staff look at this list at the end of every day, look at the no-shows then file a sanction? like i say i have evidence in my journal that it was cancelled but what about this? its been a week and i havent heard anything but its been on the back of my mind since and just wanted your thoughts. thank you Very Happy

donkey123

Back to top Go down

Concerned about a JCP appointment! Empty Re: Concerned about a JCP appointment!

Post by Caker Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:07 pm

Hello Donkey, welcome to the forum. You mention:-

donkey123 wrote:So the appointment was cancelled, and i have it in black and white on the journal that my attendance wasnt required but i am still worried lol.

Are you able to take a screen grab of that? No need to show it here but it would be useful to save as evidence in case your UCj should be altered by any DWP worker at any time. You could show it if you needed to raise a mandatory reconsideration in the event of a sanction doubt being raised.

donkey123 wrote:Do jcp staff look at this list at the end of every day, look at the no-shows then file a sanction? like i say i have evidence in my journal that it was cancelled but what about this? its been a week and i havent heard anything but its been on the back of my mind since and just wanted your thoughts. thank you  Very Happy

I don't know about this but someone on this forum might. Just sit tight until someone comes along.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:35 pm

Donkey123 wrote:Do jcp staff look at this list at the end of every day, look at the no-shows then file a sanction? like i say i have evidence in my journal that it was cancelled but what about this? its been a week and i havent heard anything but its been on the back of my mind since and just wanted your thoughts. thank you  Very Happy

You don't need to be concerned about the appointment diary.

Last edited by Non Deficere on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by donkey123 Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Caker wrote:Are you able to take a screen grab of that? No need to show it here but it would be useful to save as evidence in case your UCj should be altered by any DWP worker at any time. You could show it if you needed to raise a mandatory reconsideration in the event of a sanction doubt being raised.

Wow, do you even think they would do this? silent seems crazy even for the jobcentre surely?
but yeah maybe i should

Non Deficere wrote:You don't need to be concered about the appointment diary.

Thanks but can i ask why not?

donkey123

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:23 pm

Non Deficere wrote:You don't need to be concerned about the appointment diary.

donkey123 wrote:Thanks but can i ask why not?

The paper diary is on the wc's computer.  Failure to attend a face to face interview is recorded if you fail to sit in front the wc.

You could report in at the reception point and then walk out!

Last edited by Non Deficere on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by donkey123 Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Yes very true i hadnt thought of it like that. thank you makes sense. does make me wonder why they tick your name off at reception though.

In any case IF there was a problem with anything on universal credit full service then i'd know about it pretty soon right? it's not like waiting for a letter there would be something on my journal. no news is good news as they say.

donkey123

Back to top Go down

Post by Non Deficere Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:30 pm

donkey123 wrote:Yes very true i hadnt thought of it like that. thank you makes sense. does make me wonder why they tick your name off at reception though.

Just in case there is a fire alarm, the fire officers need to know who is in the building.

In any case IF there was a problem with anything on universal credit full service then i'd know about it pretty soon right?

Right!

it's not like waiting for a letter there would be something on my journal. no news is good news as they say.

Correct!  Smile
Non Deficere
Non Deficere

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:36 pm

donkey123 wrote:
Caker wrote:Are you able to take a screen grab of that? No need to show it here but it would be useful to save as evidence in case your UCj should be altered by any DWP worker at any time. You could show it if you needed to raise a mandatory reconsideration in the event of a sanction doubt being raised.

Wow, do you even think they would do this?  silent seems crazy even for the jobcentre surely?
but yeah maybe i should

I always take a belt and braces approach. I have seen far too much shenanigans, from DWP, to think I can trust them. That is just my experience.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:24 pm

welcomee to the site donkey 123
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://respectfulbenefits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down