BenefitsAdvice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Office Card Account - this old chestnut again

5 posters

Go down

Post Office Card Account - this old chestnut again Empty Post Office Card Account - this old chestnut again

Post by Caker Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 am

Looked in UCj today and there was a (generic - no person named as sender) message that POCA is closing in 2021 and there were directions to provide a new bank account number.

I have not received any letter from the POCA provider (J P Morgan) yet.

Looks like it will be in November 2021

Information from PO website

Last edited by Caker on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Caker
Caker

jobberpw and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post Office Card Account - this old chestnut again Empty Re: Post Office Card Account - this old chestnut again

Post by Absolut Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:37 am

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/post-office-card-account

DWP and other government departments are implementing a conversion campaign to encourage POca customers to convert to an alternative account to receive payment of pensions, benefits and tax credits. You are likely to receive a letter during the next 12 months asking for your bank account details or providing information on where to go for advice on opening an account. Many of our customers have already received a letter and converted to a bank account and are continuing to visit their Post Office branch to withdraw their money.
Absolut
Absolut

Caker and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post Office Card Account - this old chestnut again Empty Re: Post Office Card Account - this old chestnut again

Post by Caker Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:46 am

.....I think we cross posted there Smile

I was just editing my post lol.

So we have until November to open a new account. What a relief Very Happy
Caker
Caker

Absolut and Pintel like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:30 pm

Pintel
Pintel

jobberpw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:00 pm

I forgot about that discussion Embarassed
Caker
Caker

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:27 pm

I have not received any letter from the POCA provider (J P Morgan) yet.

J P Morgan Caker, are a huge investment bank.Have you won the lottery 😁.

jobberpw
jobberpw

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:39 am

@ jobberpw
They operate the POCA and they send my statements and have sent occasional letters pertaining to the POCA, in the past.
Caker
Caker

Back to top Go down

Post by jobberpw Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:44 am

No worries Caker. Just remembered JP Morgan from investment day's. Long time ago now though 😏
jobberpw
jobberpw

Caker likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:44 am

Does anyone know what is happening with the Post Office Card Account (POCA). As in the link below it says it is extended until November 2022. Was originally meant to close in Nov 2021.

However, in the text is says: "Those who remain unable to access such services will be migrated onto a new Payment Exception Service..." 🤨

So you can see my confusion? Is the POCA staying open until Nov 2022. Or is it being altered into this Payment Exception Service, for users of the POCA? No word from the DWP🤡 upon this matter? Maybe an FOI is called 📢 for?

https://mediapigeon.io/newsroom/govuk/releases/en/post-office-card-accounts-closure-extended-until-november-2022-11511
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Caker Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:27 pm

Just found this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/post-office-card-accounts-closure-extended-until-november-2022

The payment exception service looks far more onerous than opening a bank account as you will need to show ID and can only withdraw £100 at a time. Not clear if you can make multiple withdrawals on the same day. You need to have withdrawn your payment within 30 days of issue. These conditions could be problematic for some people. I wonder if the system has been designed to make collecting payments more problematic / likely to be missed  Evil or Very Mad

https://www.gov.uk/payment-exception-service

Last edited by Caker on Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More)
Caker
Caker

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Appleby Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:29 am

Pintel wrote:Does anyone know what is happening with the Post Office Card Account (POCA). As in the link below it says it is extended until November 2022. Was originally meant to close in Nov 2021.

However, in the text is says: "Those who remain unable to access such services will be migrated onto a new Payment Exception Service..." 🤨

So you can see my confusion? Is the POCA staying open until Nov 2022. Or is it being altered into this Payment Exception Service, for users of the POCA? No word from the DWP🤡 upon this matter? Maybe an FOI  is called 📢 for?

https://mediapigeon.io/newsroom/govuk/releases/en/post-office-card-accounts-closure-extended-until-november-2022-11511

The Department for Work and Pensions is writing to all customers who currently receive payment into a POca, telling them the service is ending and encouraging those who are able to open a bank account to do so.

Those who remain unable to access such services will be migrated onto a new Payment Exception Service, which allows them to choose how they receive their payments.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/post-office-card-accounts-closure-extended-until-november-2022

It reads to me that you can continue with your POCA for the time being. At some stage you will be encouraged to provide bank details and if this is no doable you will switched to the Payment Exception Service.

D.Appleby

Pintel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pintel Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:05 pm

Its a shame as the POCA seems to work well to me. The thing that worries me the most is 🏦 Banks tempting claimant's in debt💸. With loan/overdrafts/credit cards etc, when they can see that they are on benefits. So they will struggle to pay back the debt⁉ As the POCA was only for benefits payments, this put a stop to this 🤨.

Not sure if you are able to tells these 🏦 Banks not to give out credit as this is how the make 💰 money. As I ask my former Bank, not to send me letters about credit card & loan's, yet they kept on arriving 🙄.

However, bad the PES may seem. It maybe more safer for some in the long run?confused
Pintel
Pintel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down